Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Daddy Eldrad edition

>GW FAQ (1.3):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (1.2):
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for Ulthwé, and the Black Guardians!

First for Basket O Nids

The best legion ever

Where's the full page?

Real world got plastic sisters before GW

7th for AdMech best faction

What is the catch? Incomplete kits?

How do I stop yourself from buying more plastic crack when I haven't even painted half of my army? I'm usually able to show self restraint but there's something special with Warhammer.

There is no catch, battle forces are discounted pagckages.

Oh shit I just found what I am buying myself for Christmas.

What is the aud price?1

AdMech are awesome. Shame our codex got royally shafted in the ass

Any good AdMech lists you would like to share user? I am having trouble building one.

Nope, full kits. Just like the Start Collecting boxes.

Tried to cobble together some shitty list for 1k AdMech. Picked the Melee options since I'm certain to face Wolves, Nids and Orcs this weekend and I want at least some stuff to do while being in melee.
Not having many options to change. Only things at disposal are 2 boxes of SC! Skittles, a Dragoon and another 10man squad of infantry. Any better suggestions to not get eaten alive in Turn2? Maybe a suggestion for the Forge World since I'm not sure about Stygies at all...

Sorry, user. Though that was the Nov White Dwarf. It was not.

Considering most Tau special characters are locked to the T'au sept in the Index and should be dead efter the timeskip, do you think we will get more generic options in the Codex?

user we are Warmachine now.
Soon will call our special characters Casters and the game will end when they die

Whats the general consensur on best eldar craftworld that isnt Alaitoc?

Ulthwé. Their warlord trait is amazing.

Well, I guess that explains why the Cadian Defence Force has been "temporarily" out of stock for ages. If it doesn't come back when the rest of the £100 bundles are released I'm gonna flip.

>thinks he's up against wolves, nids and orks
>picks melee options to counter this
>then picks the absolute worst forge world to counter melee

Go for Graia, or maybe Agripinaa. Mars and Lucius are relatively safe choices, but Lucius is a bit more situational.

>List tailoring

I don't think there is one. All are nice depending on the units you bring to the table. Even Alaitoc that has everyone running scared is useless against melee armies

Biel-Tan is pretty sweet if you run aspects and shuriken weaponry. Dire Avengers are in a much better place since their massive point reduction.

Their warlord trait is also great for shooting Guaranteed re-rolls on a squad of fire dragons? Yes please.

> list tailoring!!!1!1
If he wanted to super list tailor then why bring melee at all. Why not just shoot them off the board

don't face CC armies in CC with a shooty army.

or if you do then field blobs of vanguard instead of rangers. it should help for the orks and gaunts at least.

Could somebody please upload the November White Dwarf? Thank you in advance kind user.

I'm sorry, what? Is asking for advice now forbidden?
Well thanks for that advice I guess.

They're pretty far from the best, mate. Having so many bad units in a small faction means they rely very heavily on Skitarii, Dunecrawlers and Robots.

Use your usual list. Don't change it because you know what you're facing.

He's a faggot, don't listen to him.

I've also found the volkite blaster and phosphor serpenta to be pretty good. If you take the macrostubber you can't fire both guns in the shooting phase (though up against melee armies, the pistol may be okay).

Also you can't buy the same relic a second time. I wouldn't bother with two anyway. I'd stick with the repair re-roll to keep the Onagers or Dragoon alive.

Admech have other units beside that?!
I know war chicken exist because a friend loves them. I was convinced they only had those units

Some players actually pick their dudes faction instead of jumping between rules to match whatever they're fighting.
The second method tends to disgust players who use the first method because the second method seems cheap and implies an army with no character and a player who doesn't really care.

>own 2.5k points of models
>must bring the same units every game

What a fucking bore.

I have over 10k points of Eldar but gravitate towards a select few units.

No, but changing it based on what you'll be fighting AND maybe switching faction/subfaction is terrible.

I think its in reference to chapter tactics etc rather than units

>colour coded rules are relatively new
>implying jumping between rules isn’t a better way to represent your dudes
Only retards will gimp themselves for no reason.
>muh fluff!
Bitch please the lore die when 5th show up. Beside if you are so brain dead that can find a way to explain why your army is competent and change tactics

Not the same units, but when you paint your dudes you're expected to have them be part of an army, if you just have them switch armies to match opponents you look like a cunt.
I don't use the same units in every game but they're all Emperor's Children and Daemons of Slaanesh.
Knowing your meta and bringing units to help you win is fine, same for wargear, but switching army rules on the fly is the mark of a person who doesn't care about his army beyond the numbers and winning.

>intentionally picking a worthless bonus

No point gimping yourself that hard.

What did they mean by that?

>my dudes can switch chapter tactics like warlord traits
>because fuck fluff
consider killing yourself
I play Emperor's Children, fuck you and your "worthless" buff, pick an army you fucking WAACunt

>phone version
Because it was a retarded thing. Specially when BattleScribe works better already on phones and do not need a special data base for phone

That said, BattleScribe is a retarded format. It loves to spread things

So in general list building boils down to a few questions;

Main one will be "do you want to run Cawl or not?" - generally speaking a yes for your very heavy support oriented shooty armies, less useful for more mobile forces for obvious reasons.

Here's an example 2000 points list which is very shooty heavy and has a knight in it.
You could mix up this list by dropping the knight and doing a few of the following:
>just use it as a roughly 1500 point army
>add two more kastelans and another onager to full in the points
>add some sicarian infiltrators for some melee punch, then fill in the rest with whatever you like/whatever pointswise will fit

Declared it tabletop ready yesterday. First ever ravenwing model painted by me. Overall I really like the blue hue I gave the front wings, used a really watered down Vallejo electric blue. If I were to do it again I'd probably try to be more careful with the blue to give it a more even hue.

Thoughts?

If all you have is the start collecting boxes, it's gonna be really rough. You should not have 2 Tech Priest Dominus models at such low points. An Enginseer is how you make your 2nd HQ, since the TPD is pretty redundant.

Your vanguard units need special weapons- they are the best thing about Skitarii units. If points are an issue, for 8 points, a 5-person unit of Vanguard can take 2 arc rifles, which are s6 ap-1 D1 (D1d3 vs vehicles). I would reduce the ranger squad to the bare minimum of 5 to fit special weapons- each ranger removed is two arc rifles added.

Your list has a slight typo- both Domini have a relic. I don't think the Pseudogenitor is even that great. a TPD is not a melee character and in my opinion, never will be. They are best as a ranged platform that repairs. In that order, a good relic is the Autocaudecus. Also note, that since the Macrostubber is a pistol, you cannot fire both it and the Eradication Ray in the same turn.

I'd actually recommend Metalica or Graia as your forge world if you expect to see a lot of melee-armies. The Metalica Warlord Trait lets you fall back and shoot, which can be devastating if your opponent cannot finish you off in one round. Metalica also lets you advance and fire assault weapons with no penalty, so your vanguard can kite your opponents. Graia makes you harder to kill, and the Warlord Trait lets your vanguard shoot into melee with their assault guns.

Looks good, user!

user the lore die in 5th get over it.
The game is so unbalance that sticking to a single thing is retarded. Specially when colour coded rules for a particular army better represent another.
Best example is the Eldar mess

>The lore die in 5th
I disagree.

the games far better balanced than it was in 6th or 7th, the only problem is the fucking primarch equivalents ruining everything.

What did you use for highlight ?

>being this wrong
It’s ok to be Primaris user

Take 6-8 Kastelan Robots with triple Phosphor Blasters, 2-3 Dunecrawlers with Neutron Lasers, Cawl, 2-3 Datasmiths, and an MSU or two of Ruststalkers (for blocking).

Enjoy your 2+ Armour Save (Aegis) and shooting twice (Protector Protocol) every turn, healing d3 wounds as well (Datasmiths). Cawl gives 9" re-roll all misses bubble, so get around him and watch as you wipe half your opponent's army in the first time.

Do you guys think that it's possible for Curze still be alive in the current millenium?

Servitors (which suck) are a thing.

>lore died
No, you're just trying to kill it.
>sticking to a single thing is retarded
flipping your units faction bonuses to match your opponents is WAAC
>colour coded rules for a particular army better represent another
>best example Eldar
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, I don't play Eldar and wasn't paying 100% attention to Eldar beyond the basic stuff to watch out for.
If your dudes are represented well by a set of rules, use them, if you have official dudes with preset rules, fucking use them.

>konrad "died like a bitch" curze
>still alive

I found an old Slann mage priest and some temple guards in metal lying around. I'm thinking of putting the Slann on a hoover drone, glue some pauldrons on him and the guard and run them as a count as Aun'va and Honor guard. Would this be cool or just silly?

Army painter Wolf (woof) grey for the chassis and white scar for the feathers

Thanks!

>Hoover drone

>I have no idea what the complaint is about
>fucking use the rules that do not represent your dudes!
user are you stupid? Or just trolling?

This is what I was planning on running. Is it ok?

Standard boopwall aside I've found that Stygies Mech can sucker punch people seriously hard with their deployment Stratagems. 1CP per almost guaranteed charge when going first or convenient drop onto a relic/deepstrike denial when going second. 20 Electropriests with a Prime Hermeticon Warlord is a Delet This button for anything not named Mortarion, and he sure as hell won't be happy even if you don't shoot him up beforehand.

People never expect Admech to drop 40 Heavy Genestealers on someone's head T1 and follow up with chicken-walker charges for days. Two Dragoons took 7 wounds off a Dunecrawler last game I played without even bothering to Infiltrate, and then only died because about 600 points of guys closed to within 12" and focused fire. Back up with a bunch of Dunecrawlers a couple Arquebi and whatever else you like to surgically remove morale buffs or Overwatch-for-days vehicles like Baneblades.

Stygies is very good if and only if you can dictate the flow of things. You can't take two Psuedogenetors so don't, and take Monitor Malevolus instead of crappy melee buffs unless you're leading Sicarians and Electros. Cut all the Skitarii squads down to 5 men w/ no Alpha wargear and take some cheaper Dominus wargear and you could conceivably fit in another Dragoon I think, although if not then just buy Omnispexes. I'd have less Vanguard, swap a Dominus for a far cheaper Enginseer and buy more Taser Chickens and Dunecrawlers, but you said you're limited by boxes like everyone else.

Do we know why those things are on treads? The amount of work involved in removing the legs and teaching the servitor how to "walk" with treads seems like a lot, given how abundant standard servitors with legs are.

I said use the rules that represent your dudes you blind idiot dunce.
I also said don't switch army faction bonuses to counter your opponents lists.
If these statements seem contradictory to you then you are a WAACfag and your opinion is worthless, this is not complicated, the rules representing your dudes the best may not always help you win in every situation you stupid cunt.

Considering how fat he is it seems appropriate.

>queer cunt plays queer cunt army

What a surprise

Why would you not use the rules you want? Is not like the fag is running Nids with Space marine rules.

Did you started playing recently? Because list tailoring has a been a thing since for ever. Specially in this fucking p2w game.

What next you are going to bitch about SoB brining melta because muh list tailoring?

Short answer- rule of cool.

Long Answer- stable platform for firing heavy weapons. You are always braced, and you can lock the tracks to compensate for recoil.

>doesn't get it
whatever WAACfag, kill yourself

normal servitors are also far squishier and can't field the same volume of weaponry. These guys are pretty damn sturdy (3 wounds, 3+ or 4+ armor depending on what variant you pick)

>p2w
>justifying waacfaggotry
>being this cancerous
Not who your screeching at, but consider suicide.

>playing the game is waacfagging now
user stop being so new.

You're not playing.

Don't fail me Veeky Forums where's the full page?

I'd dump the troops and fast attack, and just take another 4 Robots. Swap out Priests for more Datasmiths. Keep the Knight if it's your lynchpin, but I'd rather have 4 more Robots (again).

Admech don't need CP - their Stratagems suck anyway. Cawl gives such an good buff and Protocols do everything else.

Good start! Some general tips though:

>Priests don't do very well in mars lists. You don't have access to the Lucius/Stygies infiltration strategems so you'll have to footslog very glass cannon-y units across the table.A sensible opponent will shoot them to shit before they get there
>Skitarii leadership,,, isn't great. You'd be better off running more squads of 5 dudes each.
>You probably don't need 3 Arquebuses unless you're going up against some super-character heavy force (Harlequins, certain Tau factions) on a regular basis
>A knight errant benefits a great deal from the knight powerfits (whatveer they call it)- you'd be hitting at S16 against vehicles and wounding a landraider on 2s! For infantry and light vehicles your titanic feet hit at S8 anyway so the chainsword iwn't doing much work really
>Try and find some savings to squeeze in more Kastelans. If you're running a cawl list Kastelans really benefit from daddy Cawl's reroll aura so milk it for everything you can
>Loving the dunecrawlers- seriously those things are the bomb. Keep that shit exactly as it is.

You don’t clearly.

I mean, that's accurate, but the stability gained from swapping legs for treads pales in comparison to that gained by rotating the torso 90 degrees, basically making the servitor into an adorable little tank. The most poorly designed part of the human body, structurally, is the lower spine, and it can't be hard to twist that shoulder joint around.

But I guess that would reduce the body horror aesthetic, since people would forget the servitor is in there, like they seem to do with Dragoons.

Electro priests of both flavours are fucking amazing tho

>Admech don't need CP - their Stratagems suck anyway

Depends on what you're running. You have a 3+ bot unit and some KatDs you'll be glad of enough CP to pop Elimination Volley, because that basically gives you 1.33 bots per bot you paid for. Run a Stygies nineties rave with a bunch of Fulgurites and you'll want three CP to deepstrike your melee and possibly another three for a Fight Twice consolidate double kill at some point. Big squads of Dragoons eat a CP per charge for double damage and making an Icarus Crawler hit on 2+ for a turn is an extremely good way of vaporising uppity Eldar or Guard infantry.
Almost nobody won't sometimes benefit from Tech-Adept granting X2 heals.

"Best" as a stand-alone adjective need not mean "best mechanically under 8E rules". Could mean anything at all, depending on user's criteria - "sexiest looking models", "most compelling fluff", whatever.

I think they make a pretty good pitch for "craziest", given that every single example of balls-deep crazy tech in the Imperium is their fault. For example, both a chaos cultist and an AdMech priest firmly support reciting prayers before turning on their coffee machine in the morning, but at least the cultist is praying to an entity capable of responding.

How much melta is too much melta? I’m running about 28 meltas in 2000 points.

Depends on how you're delivering it and how much you're paying for it, user. Maybe the answer is "that's plenty", maybe it's "those should be lascannons", maybe it's "that's all? bring more, newb!".

I recommend you take your smallest brush and carefully go over that golden part of the ring. Just the very top, onemore thime, to clean up that white spot.

4 sets of 5 meltas with 36”+2D6” threat range turn 1 for under 1000 points sounds good enough the other 8 are 18” flying meltas

>exploits rules to win
>doesn't get why beeing called a WAACfag

I personally don't care if you WAACfag against other WAACfags. But don't expect people that don't like that to clap you on the back for it.

The only reason why fluff is dead to you is you actively killing it. 8th gives you the ability to play closer to the fluff than ever before. If you really wanted to play fluffy you can do it without having any chance at all against any decent list.

I agree- but I wouldn't say AdMech rely on them as much as Robots and Dunecrawlers. I never leave home without at least a unit though. Corpuscarii are awesome in the extreme- getting 20+ hits on overwatch and watching your opponent's jaw drop as their unit is vaporized before getting to even attack is pretty cool.

Didn’t GW pack 2 squads of them with a Daemon Prince?

>Play to win is now waacfagging.
Stop

I love their fluff and aesthetic, which is why I am still playing them despite them having the worst (or one of the worst if you disagree) codexes in 8th edition. But their codex is still pretty bad compared to all the others.

You're thinking of Possessed.

How is it bad?

Still dies to 15 earthshaker batteries

Grey Knights got the worst codex, you're second worst

And yet your codex is still only mediocre, not bad.

>pay to win
Poorfag detected

We know IG is broken, your point?

It say play, not pay.

>tfw i realize its too early for me to be posting