>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>The Bloody Hand will point the way!
youtube.com/watch?v=hQGiFWwZJno

>Previous Thread(s):

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xdLRm6v3L3U
games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-Painting-Handle-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

go forth and hammer out those projects, anons! godspeed!

But Inquisitors don't get power armor any more user.

I like the blue.
Looks dope, user. And I don't care for Stromcasts at all usually.

Just adding finishing touches

This OP image isn't right any more thanks to putting your minis in the fridge working so well

what skincolor should i use for my maulerfiend? i tried with screamer pink but it just doesnt work. could some grey or ghoulish flesh color work? and what wash?

Grey with a blue shade?

What brush do you use for fine details and thin edge highlights, /wip/?

that could work. what shade of grey? Stormvermin fur or brighter?

the small one

Power armor can be pretty much whatever design you want. As long as it looks like most of the body is covered in hard plates, you're fine.

The only real uniform mass-production power armor belongs to the Space Marines and Sisters of battle. Otherwise it's basically all custom-built gear.

Find some medieval or fantasy plate armor, swap a head, you're basically good to go.

Greyfax still has power armor, I believe. Hopefully they will unfuck all the damage the Index did with a codex release.

I'd go really slightly lighter with the warpfiend grey if you're using citadel only
I guess they called it that for a reason

It's a good color to start from though. Try mixing grey into your pink and highlighting with that. Then go back and wash some purple here an there and you should have something that looks suitably undead.

Finally making some progress on my Chimera-Russ. Need to figure out the best way to attach sponsons and try out magnetizing weapons.

I'm not particularly concerned with rules accuracy. My intention is to recreate Inquisitor Amberly Vail (of the Ciaphas Cain series) in her specialty power armour.

Rereading Cain's description of it in Duty Calls, it clearly masks the gender of the owner, so it can't be the form-fitting sororitas style of Greyfax (and those heels are fucking atrocious, anyway).

I think what might work would be a suitably sized and shaped female head on the body of Grand Master Volus, pic related. The left hand would be replaced with a power fist, and the right supplemented with a heavy bolter. I'd probably put a severed Genestealer head in the hand so it doesn't look so awkward holding nothing.

The armor style of the Grey Knights lends itself well to the inquisition. All those I's and filigree will be good. I'll probably lose the books, though.

The headswap is unimaginative as fuck, and that's terminator armor as well so it's going to look even more oversized.

Like, just go to bitzbox and buy the stuff to make your own cool androgynous armor.

Well it's be more than the head.

I'd lose the books (from the look of the sprue I'd have to dremel them off), the entire left forearm, and the hammer. I'd also have to build an ammo chute for the lefty bolter from scratch, unless one that fits perfectly can be found (which I doubt).

It does have to be terminator armor. I just liked the pose and the iconography. Got any suggestions?

I'm going to be painting some Shadespire orks soon, i'm really not a fan of the yellow studio scheme, anyone have any suggestions for the armour colour?
Dubs decide

Not the guy you're replying to, but how about this fine suit of armour?

Black with fiery red highlights. With full on red gauntlets.

>deathwatch
I like it. I almost don't want to cut it up, that filigree so fine.

It should accommodate a severed genestealer's head in the left hand too.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Good ol' black orc armour.

I don't even play Deathwatch and I bought this model because it's so sexy.

As a corollary, which power fist do you think would fit that left hand? Ignore emblems or filigree, I was going to file it flat and put a big ol' =I= on there.

And what is the smallest heavy bolter made in plastic?

started work on my Chaos lord of Nurgle, the Alchemancer.

I am wondering if I should add the cloud of flies. Perhaps cut off pieces of it, and make a cloud that emanates from the potion he's holding?
Any suggestions, or ideas on what else to add would be appreciated.

>"Behold, a cure for not-cancer!"

so, cancer?

"No, SUPER-CANCER!"

Power fists that don't look like ass are a huge fucking problem. Got one from an alternatively sourced Legion Centurion for a project a while back because it was the only one I liked.

Love it. The face syringe is a bit in the way IMO though.
>"Haha! I've finally figured out the secret blend of 11 herbs and spices!"

What color do you think was used on the hull? I would like to replicate it, but I can't figure it out

Krunk, this is not the poison this is extract of Llama!

Probably Doombull Brown.

It's so disappointing that they could put abutted plates on some of the MkIII models, like this, but regular MkII and III have those flared plates that looks like cheap 30's movie robots.

What colors did GW use on their old studio guardian's armor in pic related? I kinda like their tone better than Eldrad/ their new studio set's very blue scheme.

back in the day it was something like shadow grey as the first highlight colour with fortress grey on top

Fuck me i feel like dying

Ive fucked up writing the name on Pasks Leman Russ 4 times, and the paint on the side of the turret is starting to get thick.

Ended up enlonging the jaw and added something to the lower part of the axe. I like it better now. Still wip obviously, but I should be able to work the face in, in the next step. Please check out the filename

Feeling pleased with myself for getting transfers on every primaris I own. Micro sol is the Fukken shit.

Hitech has a line of female minis in termie-sized power armor.

I've been trying one of the thin extremely long brushes, I thought they'd be harder to use given the flexibility, but the control has been great, and less problems of paint going up the bristles into the metal parts gumming up the bristles.

according to the white dwarf of the time, it's chaos black edge-highlighted with codex grey (or rather, a 70/30 mix of codex grey and chaos black)

I believe that's also how they painted the old studio black templar army

Interesting. That'd be... the fang and administratum grey? Sounds about right.

The fang is about the same as dark reaper, but more blue, right?

Nice work, army looking good mate, could use some static grass or grass tufts on the bases though

Ordinarily I'd go straight for it, but the 30k style of power fist is 1) resin, which makes a kitbash dangerous, and 2) doesn't match the watch master's armor.

>nun habits
Darn. Woulda been a good idea otherwise.

thanks lads

Rolling

Did you dig out an ancient white dwarf just to help me?

Huh. That'd be like a toned down dawnstone. I think I should do a soft highlight of maybe eshin or dark reaper, then do a thin edge of dawnstone. - maybe- administratum.

Yeah maybe some nice extra-dead looking weeds poking out from the occasional duckboard or near rubble piles.

Dry fitting a beefier main gun.

That's the only one with a full habit-style outfit. Others have tabards, a couple just in big ole armor.

I have my WD collection in my hobby/PC area, since they're good for inspiration. I knew the eye of terror event had ulthwe paint guides, so that meant it wasn't much of a search. Bear in mind, the older 'eavy metal painting guides are fairly vague, because oftentimes they used other manufacturer's paints and had to approximate equivalents using the citadel colours.

Anyways I'll give you an exact transcription of the method;
>Black Cloaks and Armor: The basic black undercoat was covered with a layer of Chaos Black, to provide a deeper base color with a smoother texture. A mix of seven parts Chaos Black and three parts Codex Grey was applied to the cloaks and armor. More grey was added for successive highlights until the proportions had reversed.

Would Macragge Blue layed with Hoeth Blue make for a good looking shade of blue for Deathskullz Orks?

Nice, thanks dude.

First model built since I quit Warhammer in 6e. Can't wait to airbrush this bad boy.

Man it is so much easier to strip models I painted two days ago than the usual eBay salvage jobs.

Nice australian krieger!

like stripping and repainting?

Snipped the left chap's bolt rifle off and added a power sword to match the other one, going to tackle these boys tomorrow.
Don't fear the mouldlines, i'll give em a scrape before undercoating

youtube.com/watch?v=xdLRm6v3L3U

We invented Blu-Tac and old paint bottles, gib monie pls.

looks a lot less annoying than blutac and a paint bottle though
its only gonna be a £5, cant really gripe about it

people can and will moan about anything

So are you this snide about any company making a miniature holder or just GW?

That a recast?

Shadespire WIP, Going old school Black Ork armour.

Still plenty to do.

Another boy done. Not quite as pleased with as the other one but i really like how the shoulderpad came out

both looking excellent

looks so much nicer than cheap plastic toy yellow

>Being this much of a corporate lickspittle.

Do they keep your balls in a nice model box? Silk-lined?

their noses bother me

But the paintjob is quite excellent so far.

>Being this much of a contrarian edgelord

Do you keep that stick up your ass well lubricated?

Tell me about left ork
Why does he wear the mask?

Answer the question, Bitch.

Are you equally snide about any company that makes a miniature holder?

No one cared who he was until he put it on

Well... the way I see it, they have red blood, and if they're in full on mid fight drunk on anger fury, their faces are gonna get flushed. Hence the brows as well

Well, he's a big guy, who knows what'll happen if you take it off

Slurp slurp, please give me more overpriced crap, Geedubs. It's only way I can get off, slurp slurp.

Naw, I'm just not a fan of the way the noses have been modeled on the newer orcs.

The colouration you've done is fine.

Mr. Kroak finished, need to work on his floaty though.

You gonna dress those mold lines, soldier?

It's not even overpriced
games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-Painting-Handle-2017

Rolling.

What's a good way to secure models before spraying, that doesn't use putty or double sided tape

Pins in their feet.

...what if they're already on bases

Then there's the woopsie handle in

Honestly that thing is a fiver and I might just get one. It looked useful.

I really need to get back to work painting my Valkyrie gunship... and my tanks...

turned out a little thicker than I would have liked but how's this looking for the armour colour?

I don't use GW colors but Vallejo Hull Red is this same kind of primer red color.

what if my fridge is full of food and shoes?

Why in the sevel hells would you have food in a fridge?

Take some shit out for a bit, then put it back in.

EZ PZ

>shoes
Did you mean to write juice?

Found the Europoor

>not keeping your shoes in the fridge for a refreshing cold feeling on those hot summer days

It's November...

>it's cold where I am therefore it must be cold everywhere

Regardless of the temperature it's not summer anymore.