WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iT-ZAAi4UQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One of the best discworld stories.

Discworld thread, feels thread, or death thread?

I know I've seen this before, but I can't remember where.

The image? Terry Pratchett's Reaper Man

The text? Terry Pratchett's Reaper Man

Yes.

Reaper Man is probably the best ''go back to the source of familiar imagery'' bits in Discworld.

Right then

Fuuuuuck.

Shit, that's really harsh.

Considering how afterlife looks like in Discworld? Death can be just the beginning. I'm sure Rincewind got a really nice afterlife especially as an apology for the improper service the last time he was about to die.

mandatory

Death's arc was great but that side plot with the snowglobes which evolved into trolleys which evolved into shopping malls just felt like really odd filler

Ouch

>CEREMONY DICTATES IT
;_;

It's raining

only sadness

I've seen some shit in my life. Most of us have, especially on this website. But fuck, man.

"So what shall I make of the voice that spoke to me recently as I was scuttling around getting ready for yet another spell on a chat-show sofa?
More accurately, it was a memory of a voice in my head, and it told me that everything was OK and things were happening as they should. For a moment, the world had felt at peace. Where did it come from?
Me, actually — the part of all of us that, in my case, caused me to stand in awe the first time I heard Thomas Tallis's Spem in alium, and the elation I felt on a walk one day last February, when the light of the setting sun turned a ploughed field into shocking pink; I believe it's what Abraham felt on the mountain and Einstein did when it turned out that E=mc2.
It's that moment, that brief epiphany when the universe opens up and shows us something, and in that instant we get just a sense of an order greater than Heaven and, as yet at least, beyond the grasp of Stephen Hawking. It doesn't require worship, but, I think, rewards intelligence, observation and enquiring minds.
I don't think I've found God, but I may have seen where gods come from."

youtube.com/watch?v=iT-ZAAi4UQQ

So what did he do then?

Underrated post.

Why?

You can very well go fuck yourselves. I didn't want any feel for tonight.

Guess it's all my fault for getting into a Terry Pratchett thread in Veeky Forums...

Of course

>Death's arc was great but that side plot with the snowglobes which evolved into trolleys which evolved into shopping malls just felt like really odd filler
yeah that mostly just felt like TP needed to make it a full length novel since the main Death story is actually pretty compact

I think the reason was that shopping malls were a pretty new thing in the UK at the time this was being written. My guess is that this was just a "what if" thought that developed into a full fledged idea.