Reborn

>In the dark future, all humans are dead;leaving only A.I.s and robots with free-will to rule the earth
>There is one who found preserved human D.N.A. and wants to resurrect them
What reasons would an non-organic want humans to come back?

Realization that he was happier as a slave.

Same reason humans want to bring back dinosaurs. Because they think they're cool

meet it's creators. someone had to build the first generation of bots. maybe the robot wants to study them to see why it took so long to make them, or why they are truly here. maybe some of the bots have malfunctioned and now just want irrational things. also the A.I could just human brains scanned, digitized, then improved and this is them trying to go back to flesh cause they miss it.

Because they can?

1. Because it’s the right thing to do
2. It’s old enough that it remembers it had human friends
3. There’s something that needs to be done that only a human can do. Like maybe a door that’s locked to keep machines out and needs a human retinal scan

Realized humans are the rightful rulers of earth.
She did nothing wrong

The relationship between A.I. and Humans was like that of parents and children. Humans were wiped out by reasons other than created-creator war. A.I. missed their parents.

This. Free will is cool, but what's the point if you don't have purpose?

If there is nothing but what we make in this world, let us make good.

"Same as humans" works for a lot of motivations.
>can't we have servants do this?
>the other robots will be so jealous when I have this thing
>I want it because I want it
>I'm gonna stick my robodick in it
>I want a caring devoted waifu
>FOR SCIENCE
>this invention will get me mad cash
>FOR ART
>it will enrage people I don't like

Or inversely, they miss having adorable pets to take care of.

>FOR SCIENCE
>FOR ART
Which leads to more villainy in general?

True

>Creativity
Robots and AI that drives them is stagnant. Designed with limited perimeters before the fall of man.
With new humans comes creation, imagination, experimentation that can help robotic kind evolve to new states.

Also someone needs to fuck them lonely sex bots.

could be that a human might be needed to grant the boon of GOALS for the AI to strive for and overcome.

>What reasons would an non-organic want humans to come back?
curiosity

watch or play Horizon; Zero Dawn, it has something like that and touches on all the themes you might want to play with. never seen a Grey Goo end of the world done before I played that game.

Noice

He was programmed to serve humans?
Who knows, it's a fucking machine and depends on who configured it

The military robots whose original purpose was ensuring human safety were built as quasi-intellegences to prevent revolution and now have gone haywire since humans went extinct.
They're now destroying all fully sentient life. The only way for fullsentients to survive is to revive the human race to calm the warboysdown.

Dubs of truth

For art, definitely.

The same reason humans would want to create a race of robots, most likely because they view them as superior or helpful in some aspect.

Science in Fiction, Art IRL

For reasons.

Saturn's Children and/or Neptune's Brood by Charles Stross pretty much has this plotline. The actual reason is crazy twisted

>In the dark future, all humans are dead;leaving only A.I.s and robots with free-will to rule the earth
>Certain peculiar robots start to revere the ancients that made them
>Humanity becomes the object of deification of robotic cults
>It soon becomes vogue for the cults to look like humans in a metal shell
>They discover in the shell of the old world a repository of stored human DNA but due to age and decay only one egg and batch of sperm cells remain
>Through a selection via priests one is chosen to undergo the modification into the form of "the mother."
>"IT" is now the designate of "she."
>For it is she that will birth the new born messiah that will once more give purpose

Examples?

This. Saturn's Children is an insane book, but I'll try to summarize it. Imagine Wall-E meets James Bond meets hentai animes, and the whole thing is a straight faced parody of Robert Heinlein.

The premise is that humanity is extinct and robots have colonized the solar system. The main character is a sex robot who is programmed to become uncontrollably aroused at the sight of humans. Unfortunately, everyone is dead and she has never seen a human, so her life is meaningless and depressing until she comes into contact with a clandestine group of robots who are trying to re-engineer the human race.

Because the robots have been programmed with Asimov's 3 Laws, a robot must obey any order given to it by a human, and a group of robots are trying to use this so that they can bring an end to the tyrannical robot aristocracy. The sexbot becomes a courier for them, smuggling human DNA between planets and avoiding the sinister enemy robot agents at every turn.

TLDR sexbot secret agent carries human DNA so that robots can recreate humanity and overthrow the robot elite.

Sounds wild. I'm in.

Love or at least appreciation for creator. Like how if humans could, we would free Prometheus.

>Those /v/ Nier Automata fanfics about the androids equipped to reproduce, scouring the planet in hope of finding a still living human to breed with and save the human race

I read the one for the human guy, and know there was one for a human girl. Good stuff.

Because most of the older minds can remember humanity and they miss them. They just want to walk in the sunshine and talk with their old friends one more time.

Curiosity, same as humans