Red flags thread!

Red flags thread!

>PC is a lesbian
>PC is Chaotic Neutral
>PC's backstory includes a "quirky" mental disorder
>PC is any of the above and described as "cute". It tends to anplify their other problems.
>PC's race defines their personality.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0BwF09f1afXWlMXNudTBGZzJXR1E/view
boards.fireden.net/tg/search/subject/dungeon meshi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>red flags thread
>posts the best girl

>Quirky
>Chaotic Neutral
Oh god, PTSD

I imagine pic isn't related and was only used for memery

>My paladin worships only ideals, not interfering gods
>rolling to seduce the barmaid
>What do you mean my rogue can't steal from the king?! He's corrupt!

Paladins of Ideals are way better than faggy god paladins

if you want to be a god worshipper be a cleric or some shit goddamn

>A Divine class that isn't actually divine is a good idea
No, at that point "Paladins" should just be fighters with a fucking chip on their shoulders and non-magical. The whole ideal bullshit is just enabling Deus Vult faggots that want to run around acting like utter monsters and still feel good because "paladin" is written on their char sheet.

>Me du gud cuz it gud!!!
How is this not shit? Seeing you fags want "complex" morality.

>they want to purify demons
>making deals with the Fae
>Can I sell our cleric (NPC) into slavery?
>Monstergirl backstory

>The whole ideal bullshit is just enabling Deus Vult faggots that want to run around acting like utter monsters and still feel good because "paladin" is written on their char sheet.
In 5e that'd be the vengeance oath, and it isn't prevented by following a god, as can be confirmed by your usage of a fucking christian battlecry to illustrate your point

Where's the demon girl from?

Who the fuck says it has to be a good ideal? Get me a free market paladin whose holy symbol is some economics textbook

(I meant like, "good" as in, you know, Lawful Stupid or whatever)

Aren’t ancapaladins antipaladins?

>Hey there's this board called "tee-gee", on this website called Four-Chan...

No, I imagine ancapaladins are really lawful considering they'd be mindful not to violate NAPs, granted that would require the BBEG to first violate the ancapaladin's NAP in order to be persecuted. Probably Lawful neutral.

Nice bait. I’m gonna answers and then just back away.

>gaining divine power from ideals is in the handbook
>players can, depending on the game and group do as they please without necessarily being terrible
>can and shouldn’t are two different things, as is getting away with it

>Hey there's this board called "teej", on this website called Four-Chan...

I like the idea of ancapaladins being basically outcasts from their church with all the “believers” constantly reeeeeing about moralfags while they rape their child slaves.

Here it is:

drive.google.com/file/d/0BwF09f1afXWlMXNudTBGZzJXR1E/view

>my [pretty race] was raised by [savage enemy race]

But making deals with Fae is exactly the life ruining decision that makes great stories.
If you offer players deals with Fae and judge them for agreeing you are shit GM.

I did that. Pretty race was female, savage race was all-male Barbarian tribe.

I was Wolfslayer, Son of Kronar, and I honored many men with my strapon.

Also I killed a lot of stuff.

Man, this guy makes me see red. Red Glory of Communism!

Gay

I assumed that was a Costanza edit, sauce?

>PC's character art is from Anime
>PC has a Japense name
>PC's personality is "self-concious"
>PC's from the "far east"

I play lesbians, but mostly because it makes roleplaying as women easier.

>take established canon race
>subvert it wby mixing trait of another canon race
I had a guy in my WFRP that wanted to play an elf Trollslayer

>pickpocketing randoms even though they already have plenty of money
>kleptomania, not even the party's things are safe
>"But I was using stealth, what do you mean he caught me?"
>"Can I sell [Party Member] into slavery?"

Dickass Thieves. Not. Even. Once.

>Morality "grey" male human warrior

>but that's what my character would do

Huge red flag
>PC dresses all in black
>PC's parents are dead
>PC Is Chaotic Neutral
>PC Caries around a Katana that they used to kill a family member in their back story
>PC Talks in gravely voice when they say anything at all

You have no honor. Like a woman.

RED FLAG:
>Me unga
>Them bunga

>Atheist Cleric

DM wants to run a specific theme of game ; this usually leads to a DM pulling a big fat stop sign on players 'because it doesn't fit the theme'

Quoting Oglaf is gay

>bitching about hypothetical players in games you will never play
thats a big one

>player is a centralist smartass

It's being used to that effect here, but the only editing is a crop.
boards.fireden.net/tg/search/subject/dungeon meshi

>not worshipping a god
>Deus Vult
>>>/reddit/

>group plays 4e
>defender is a shardmind battlemind that wants to commit genocide against his entire race. He's only been alive for two days
>striker is hermaphadite shifter avenger who serves a nature goddess but is apparently more civilized than the average shifter. She also prays naked
>controller is a mute wizard who got a crow familiar from the Raven Queen. The familiar speaks for him and he relies on it to cast spells. It's name is Crowen Wilson
>DM only has female NPCs
>DM describes as the most adorable/hot/sexiest tiefling we've ever seen
>our quest to help a tiefling Loli do some wizard test that high death rate
>NPCs do nothing but jerk off how amazing she is
>actual test is fighting painfully nerfed bandits
>our reward for this is 500 gold, 500 xp, and a bunch of hookers

>>PC is a lesbian
>>PC is Chaotic Neutral
>>PC's backstory includes a "quirky" mental disorder
>>PC is any of the above and described as "cute". It tends to anplify their other problems.
>>PC's race defines their personality.

OD&D, AD&D, and RC paladins served alignments, not gods.
God also served alignments, but Clerics served gods not alignments.

Black is a sensible color, though.

Literally nothing wrong with either of those things.

>dead parents
>demon voice in head
>goes into demon mode when in battle
>wants to change character every week
>does stupid things and thinks they can get away with it
>calls other players by their race because to lazy to learn name.
>forgets character sheet
>folds character sheet and puts it into pocket
>uses your dice without asking
>what dice do I roll again? (been playing long enough to know by now)

I Can't Believe I Just Put That Dungeon Monster In My Mouth

>wants to be a paladin
>doesn't want to use any of the aesthetics or mythology of paladins
Why?

>OD&D, AD&D, and RC paladins served alignments, not gods.
And pretty much every actual fucking setting calls out they need to serve gods except in Greyhawk and Mystara.

Pathfidner also says that Paladins(and clerics even) can serve ideals, but specifically calls out that on Golarion you need to serve a Deity unless you're some kind of Oracle.

Actually, scratch Mystara. You're getting that shit from Demigods which on that settings totem pole are gods.

So yeah that rule literally just applies to Greyhawk and if we're talking about D&D as a whole Eberron. 2 settings out of Dozens.

> During character creation, player obviously angling for attacks which can kill the whole party
> pathfinder nigs that use medusa as a player race, I'm looking in your direction

5e paladins follow an oath anyway, so whether or not they follow a god (though it makes more sense if they do) is moot. 3.5 paladins didn't explicitly need a god either, IIRC.

TL;DR autists complain about problems that never existed in the first place

There's no Medusa race in pathfinder, 1st or third party that I'm aware of.

Does anyone actually dislike a paladin of Justice incarnate?

Your golarion example is about clerics, not paladins. Pathfinder proper allows alignment clerics with choice of domains, but golarion does not.

Literally "In the Company of Medusas"

But if playingpathfinder, best paladin" is still fighter 1/cleric x.

>character holds an alignment other than TN
>alignments
>character is an orphan
>character has no personality
>character is defined by race/sex/etc

So how they were prior to 3e? Paladins only end up needing a deity on more recent editions, before that they were literally just people so dedicated to the ideals of Justice that they gained power from their beliefs. This is why paladins could fall and clerics can't. A paladin could come to the point where self doubt cost them their powers. A cleric? As long as they're sort of close enough to what their deity wants, then things are cool, because what god gives up a worshiper?

>kills themselves in a stupid way mid dungeon crawl because bored with character, not even for the memes

That rule also applies to Paladins.

Every divine sourced character on Golarion that isn't an Oracle needs to follow a deity.

Remember when Red Flag threads were just That Guy threads and you could at least get a classic copy pasta story at minimum instead of making bullet points, half of which expose your shit taste.

Others may not realize, but this is a fucking hilarious response.

>Let's have a big old thread about all of our triggers
I miss the days when we made fun of people using X cards, but now it seems to be the vogue thing to do.

Dungeon Meshi

>suicides halfway through the story.

I've heard of in the company of dragons with the OC race of Tamanin dragons, but not Medusa. Guess they must've expanded that line.
The rules say they can be dedicated to ideals of Justice. But pretty much every established setting in D&D's history states they need to follow a deity.

Red flags are an invention of the cancerous youth, user.
No good stuff can happen in them.

>Implying Deus Vult faggotry isn't based upon origins involving worship of God through a corrupt individual who isn't even the one screaming Deus Vult

Please at least learn how to tip your fucking fedora.

>pretty much every
I thought every edition of D&D outside of 3.pathfinder had them as non-diety based classes.

I think you are a liar.

How is it fedora tipping by saying "The divine class needs a god".

Wouldn't supporting Paladins of Ideals be the fedora thing?

Is that just a Dungeon Meshi reference, or is there really such a manga?

Probably because you are fighting against the rules of almost every D&D edition and the settings that come with them with your fedora-ing.

No.

Literally only Greyhawk is the only pre 3.PF setting that has Lifestyles Paladins. And funnily enough, your ow so fucking terrible 3.PF edition was the one that made ideal Paladins raw.

YOU LITERALLY HAD TO DONATE 10% OF ANYTHING YOU FUCKING EARNED TO A GODDAMN CHURCH IN EARLIER EDITIONS.

See

Greyhawk and Eberron are the only D&D settings out of dozens that canonically have Paladins of ideals. Why is no one addressing this point.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe that's the reason only faggots and D&D Adventures Guild play established settings? Seriously I can't remember the last time I played in an established setting. They're fucking boring horseshit that warp the mechanical rules just so you fit into their limited scope and create people that make the king of arguments you do.

I mean also keep in mind Paladin prior to 3E wasn't even a fucking normal class just any retard could play, it was practically a prestige class that required specific stats in a system where most people rolled, you have to essentially be lucky to get your diving justice powers- but no let's staple them to god Worship to apply a bigger handicap for daring to want to play one.

and yet, ideal-based paladins were a thing in 1st ed.
Probably because way more settings have ideal based paladins than that.

Agreed. Pic looks like shiggy diggy man, smug and everything.

Because people forget they exist because established settings at 99% of the time cancer where you have to play keep up with established characters.

It's even more fedorish to claim that in a fantasy setting no one could be so driven, so pure of heart, so dedicated to a worthy ideal that they find power in their belief. Because you know there are going to be plenty of villains for whom just plain being evil and willing to do whatever it takes becomes a power source for them, so the heroes need it too.

That is absolutely hilarious.

>and yet they existed
Because Greyhawk was the "default" setting for 1e numbnuts.

> Because you know there are going to be plenty of villains for whom just plain being evil and willing to do whatever it takes becomes a power source for them, so the heroes need it too.
There fucking isn't though?
No. There really isn't unless you count Demigods of Mystara and sorcerer kings of Dark Sun, but Sorcerer Kings are evil as fuck and woudn't produce paladins.
How the fuck is saying the divine class should be divine as in relating to gods fedora? Why is every fucking insane homeless man and madman with corrupted ideals gaining magical divine power. The answer is because ideal based paladin is a one off rule that you had to ask your GM for. It was hardly the fucking default.

I'm having trouble thinking up settings that don't have ideal based paladins as a possibility, actually.
The only ones I'm coming up with are the ones with flat out NO paladins.
Well, duh.

Nonsense.

Clerics could always fall. Most GMs ignored that despite the fact that Veeky Forums doesn't actually play clerics, they play spellcasters who can fight and are called clerics, completely ignoring the deity's involvement in the cleric's life and how the cleric is supposed to act.

>Player is female
No bigger red flag to be honest family

That's not a Costanza edit
THIS is a Costanza edit

>fedora-ing this hard
>bitching nobody is playing his special god-only homebrews this hard
Look user, I know you don't like established settings, but you can't claim your homebrew is the standard.

That's not really a thing outside of Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance.
The provide actual fucking examples like I have instead referring to some vague notion of "other settings that totally have ideal based paladins".

Except my argument is relying on established settings as a precedent. Ideal Based Paladins are effectively homebrew outside of Greyhawk and Eberron

Because it's wrong?

In AD&D paladins didn't have anything that defined how they got their power other than being Lawful Good. Literally, no deities, no ideal, just being lawful good was how they had and kept their powers.

>Outside of the biggest settings, they're homebrew!
>Also outside of the smaller settings that have ideal paladins!
>In fact, only in rare and unused settings are there god-only paladins at all!
>Ignore that part though!

Then if it's wrong you can clearly point me at another setting not named Greyhawk and Eberron. Again, the rules often make departures from the fiction.
How the fuck is Forgotten Realms fucking "rare and unused"? And who the hell plays Eberron or Greyhawk anymore?

>every actual fucking setting
Only forgotten realms comes to mind, but fr is garbage.

thankfully, you can be an ideal based paladin in planescape.
Makes it much easier.

Forgotten Realms
Dragonlance
Mystara
Birthright

>how is it rare and unused
Because it's not greyhawk.

As a neutral party, I am having a very hard time not jumping on the bandwagon to point out all of those are shit.

Forgotten Realms is way more used than Greyhawk. I get you like ideal paladins because they let you do heinous shit and you can now whine when the GM takes your toys away because you can't play a monster without feeling good about yourself, but come on now.