Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How would you rework a classic enemy to give it a unique spin?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/92301/volorexis-inspired-voyage
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/92311/volorexis-lady-knight-voyage
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93553/a-wizard-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
pastebin.com/QYPtKsW4
docs.google.com/document/d/1qO_xb3s3X_w18Pa2z2uf3fvmXYf9CJC8z2hi1TSbl3g/pub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Currently recruiting games

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/92301/volorexis-inspired-voyage
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/92311/volorexis-lady-knight-voyage
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93553/a-wizard-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high

Give all full-bab creatures with more than 3 int martial maneuvers fitting their type of fighting.

We were on page 5, christ.

At least it wasn't page 4.
improvement!

Make them be part of a galaxy spanning empire that absorbs Gigers art for breakfast.

I'd take an owlbear and have awaken cast on it. Maybe give it a few levels of barbarian.

Checking something real quick, but with Spheres of Power Alteration talent Size Change, is it a single trait to change the creature's size at all (IE: Medium creature to Huge is one talent) or is it a talent PER SIZE INCREASE (Medium to Huge is two talents)?

its all one talent.

>for two whole feats, anyone can just be Huge all the time at level 5

How would a tiefling female express or manifest her femininity, especially for the more fiendish-looking ones with claws, pointy teeth, tail, horns and all?

not really, thats not entirely how the size works, i think they could be large all the time though

Would adding Ranger spell progression and spell list to the new Shifter class be sufficient to bring it up to at least a Tier 3? To be honest I'm inclined to nab some of the features and just let a Feral Hunter take them in replacement for the Precise Summoned Animal and Summon Pack stuff. It's just all round a better 'none Druid' shifter class.

>Transformation and Improved Transformation (Size Change)

Two words:
Nail
Polish

But not in the sense that you should find an immigrant form Poland and fuck them.

it's not on the wiki, which book is it from?

hahaha you wish that would even make it t4 like bloodrager, which it wouldn't even come close to.

a cute dress, hair ribbons (if she has hair), perfume

You would still need to be at Caster 10 to bump yourself up to Huge. And any class that's getting that in a reasonable amount of time probably doesn't care about being huge.

>Would adding Ranger spell progression and spell list to the new Shifter class be sufficient to bring it up to at least a Tier 3?
No, the mechanics the class has are inherently flawed to the point that it needs a full rewrite from the ground up. Slapping ranger casting on it fixes nothing.

>To be honest I'm inclined to nab some of the features and just let a Feral Hunter take them in replacement for the Precise Summoned Animal and Summon Pack stuff. It's just all round a better 'none Druid' shifter class.
This will produce a much better class. Post what stuff you think should replace what and we'll rate it.

Paint your horn like you paint your claws.Write down phrases in abyssal/infernal.

putting some horns ringbands on your horns? How about a bracelet for your tail? Past that, standard feminity stuff applies - makeup, hair styling, nail polish, and complimentary clothes.

>start as a medium creature
>"You may enlarge or reduce a creature’s size by one category, plus an additional size category per 5 caster levels"
>Transformation treats your level as your CL for its effects
>go up two categories

It's an Alteration talent, Size Change

>Slapping ranger casting on it fixes nothing.
I'd also like to note that Feral Hunter has already access to a better version of ranger casting.

Hip-hugging clothes, and manipulation of where the eye roams.
Zettai Ryouiki is a prime example of the latter

For people following the Swashbuckler Remade homebrew I posted last thread, I need opinions on the following Swashbuckler Style It just doesn't feel right to me.

Ascetic
Associated Weapons: All weapons in the Monk fighter weapon group, unarmed strikes.
Bonus Feats: Catch Off-Guard, Dodge, Deflect Arrows, Improved Grapple, Scorpion Style, Throw Anything. At 8th level, she adds Gorgon's Fist, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, and Improved Trip to the list. At 12th level, she adds Improved Critical, Medusa's Wrath, Snatch Arrows, and Spring Attack to the list.
Ascetic Blade: At 1st level, the Swashbuckler gains Stunning Fist (DC 10 +1/2 the Swashbuckler's Level + CHA modifier) as a bonus feat, and can spend 1 point of Panache in order to use it even if she has no more daily uses left. In addition, she may choose to use it when making an attack with a style weapon.
Aerial Maneuvering (Su): At 3rd level, the Swashbuckler treats all falling damage she takes as if she chose to deliberately fall. In addition, for every 4 swashbuckler levels thereafter, she treats all fall damage as if she had fallen 20 feet shorter, up to a maximum of 80 feet shorter.
Switch-up: At 7th level, the Swashbuckler may spend 1 point of panache in order to gain the benefits of a single combat feat that they do not possess for 1 minute.
Light Steps (Su): At 11th level, the Swashbuckler's acrobatic moves enable her to perform feats thought to be impossible. She can spend 1 point of panache to treat all Acrobatics checks made to balance as if she had rolled a 20. This effect lasts for 1 minute. During this time, she also ignores difficult terrain and may also move across any solid surface, even ones that would not be able to support her weight.
Freedom of Movement: At 15th level, the Swashbuckler may spend 1 point of Panache as a free action in order to gain the benefits of a Freedom of Movement spell for one round.
19th level deed is undecided

these all sound mostly useless and wouldn't even tempt me to play a swashbuckler.

It's mostly secondary shit to the actual deeds you get, my dude. It's why I'm asking because as it stands it feels kinda weak.

Probably gonna replace Switch-up with an ability that grants you Sidestep + Improved Sidestep when you have panache, though.

Is DSP's voyager kill?
Why does nobody look interested in it?

DSP's classes haven't been interesting to people that aren't heavy optimizers for a while.

Because very few of their new classes are interesting in any way.

DSP isn't particularly great at writing, none of their classes are amazing in design, the only interesting one to come around is Rajah desu.

Pretty much everything DSP has done after Psionics Unleashed has been bloated and dull. The voyager continues that trend- it's not very interesting, it fills a shockingly tiny niche in character themes and mechanical roles, and it's way too fucking long.

DSP is only competent when updating other people's work.

Trying to find a spell I vaguely remember. Does anyone here know a spell that worked like planar binding except for fey? Can't remember the name and searching through druid spell lists hasn't found it.

Entice Fey.

Well, that worked. Thanks very much, user, no idea why search engines didn't find it.

It doesn't have a proper niche imo. Or at least one that other DSP classes/archetypes that are more interesting don't already fill.

Pretty much this. Last thing that really pique my interest out of them was their Psy Occult.

Honestly their Psi aug and expanded is probably their best content but new psionic classes jsut look horrid.

I feel like the High Lord and Voyager don't really embrace themselves as psionic classes fluff wise. I don't know. That's just the vibe I get from a lot of DSPs recent Psionic stuff. They don't actually want to make Psionic stuff.

I like the idea of more 6th level Psionic Manifesters, but Highlord and Voyager don't really scratch that itch I've been having for 'em.

High lord is just 'tactician 2.0'
Voyager is just.. I don't know what its supposed to be.

I'm not sure that's strictly accurate. They've had completely different developers since their original Psionics run. They went from a company that was a couple dudes that write their own products, to a company that just publishes freelancer efforts and relies on free community editing.

The original devs might very well be competent, but they haven't written jack shit in years.

I feel like both Highlord and Voyager tried too hard at being "creative" with the underlying mechanics, and not actually interesting in a character, narrative way. They're still just "vaguely psionics at you": the classes.

Is there any feat that counts as dodge and mobility like how Dirty Fighting counts as a slew of things? I could have sworn there was, but I can't find it.

Failing that, what's the easiest way to get both without spending two feats on them?

3 levels in Swashbuckler.

> and not actually interesting in a character, narrative way
That's pretty much every class in the game.
How natively interesting something into is pretty much a matter of what baggage you attach to a class name/set of mechanics. Wizards are "arcane at you". Clerics are "religions" at you. Etc.

Defended Movement, Shield Mastery/Combat Feat. Requires Shield Focus and either Fighter 4 or BAB +6

Thing is, those all have well grounded fantasy archetypes, or at least the core classes do. Whereas highlord and voyager sort of use psionics to justify their mechanics, instead of the other way around.

>Thing is, those all have well grounded fantasy archetypes, or at least the core classes do.
Again baggage. Arcane magic is ill defined and inconsistent in what it actually is in most of the fiction half the time anyway. How does "Bard" justify being an Arcane class anymore than a Highlord justifies it's Psionics.

The Highlord uses Psionic mental bonds between his allies to support them. The Voyager's mind is connected other copies of himself across the multiverse or is basically just King Crimson's Epitaph depending on how you fluff it.

So, with the release of the Shifter, I'm sort of inspired to make a wildshaping character.

Not with the actual shifter, god no. I was actually thinking of the Feral Hunter Druid, though I don't much like the idea of summoning with it. Regardless, what feats should I be looking at for a build like this? Are there any special considerations I need to make for a character that spends the majority of their time as an intelligent animal?

>Feral Hunter Druid
Feral Hunter hunter, I mean. I need more sleep.

If you somehow can get the DM to okay Spheres of Power, the Transformation feat and alternatively 2 levels of Beastsoul Monk fulfill pretty much everything you could want from a shapeshifter.

Playing that myself as 2 Beastsoul Monk / 2 (+rest) stalker currently.

Feral Hunter^2

Give it tits, ass, and a heightened sex drive. Penis optional.

>My char has outlived already 8 party members
>He always tells new party members to stay away if they value life
>He assumes he's just cursed and feels powerless
Being a kind LG hero in a hardcore level game is suffering

What feats would you recommend for an anti magic fighter who doesn't plan on using magic. One who also dual wields bastard swords.

This is probably what I was thinking of, but it's even worse than just taking dodge and mobility unless you wanted to take more shield mastery feats but they're generally not particularly good

How?

Nimble counts as Dodge and Mobility for the purposes of prereqs.

A bullet to the head because you're setting your character up for failure.

I'm not seeing that claim backed up anywhere in the description of nimble.

Wait I fucked up that was in a different swashbuckler doc

as said, you're going to fail. You need magic or something specifically designed to mimic magic if you want to be an 'anti-mage'

Roll as many dice as you dare and then tell us about the character that pops out.

pastebin.com/QYPtKsW4

Seems a bit ironic, that an anti mage needs to be at least a little mage like, does it not?

Not really, no.

welcome to ivory tower design.

What would you recommend then for the best anti mage, without going full wizard? What sorts of tactics and gear/feats?

Magic shall not prevail!

The best way to play an anti-mage character is to play an Arcane Bloodline Bloodrager, failing that, simply take the disruptive/spellbreaker feats

see

Wondrous! Thanks a bunch user!

Are you limited to 1pp content?

Throw in Untouchable Rager archetype if you really want to not cast spells, but that will make you weaker.

i always assume people are 1pp only unless they say otherwise

>oh boy I can't wait to figure out how to do cool things with Spheres of Might!
>mfw I realize how many talent taxes I'll have to sit through to do cool things
>mfw it's feats all over again, but at least now I have more of them

>Chaotic Evil Kitsune Antipaladin from Razmiran, with Otherworldly Influence
I literally couldn't make this up if I tried.

Isn't Razmiran the No Gods Allowed nation? Are all the demons and evil outsiders just fighting to see who can tempt some furry chosen one into siding with them before said chosen one topples the existing government and converts the nation to their ideology?

I asked this last thread, but didn't get a response.

So, I want to take leadership. GM okayed it.

Now, in his game, he's made it a huge pain in the butt to buy anything. He's using the rules that a town will only have *this* many magic items or what-have-you, in town. These are random. So if you want to buy something, you've got to

A) have someone craft it, provided you can find someone with the ability to do so, while waiting for a month for it to be finished, and buy it at full price.
B)Talk to some merchants to get it shipped in, which is going to take weeks and the price will go up.

Now, I don't want to make a magic item sweatshop. I don't want to fuck up the balance of the game. However, I do want to be able to get what I want, and not have to wait an exorbitant amount of time or spend a markup to get that item.

How could I use Leadership to mitigate this issue? Make a merchant caravan, get some wizards to teleport shit around, start a spy ring that smuggles goods while carrying a grocery list? How would you do it?

>I've added a Strength-based archetype to the Swashbuckler.

By god what have I done

It's not "No Gods Allowed", but rather, they follow Razmir, the 'man who is totally a god, trust me guys' and following any other deity is outlawed.

I must be getting them mixed up with Rahadoum again, for the millionth time.

>Rajah
how is the class?

Rolled 36 + 1 (1d59 + 1)

leggo

Grow some balls and embrace capitalism
docs.google.com/document/d/1qO_xb3s3X_w18Pa2z2uf3fvmXYf9CJC8z2hi1TSbl3g/pub

Are you talking about advanced talents?

Downtime rules. Get a merchant trader dude. Get him to get you Magic Goods, then buy off a wizard to craft you the item using the Magic Goods

Psionics Occult was pretty fuckin' neat, though.

Make them a Steelblood too, for even more antimagic shenanigans.

How do you properly extract images from Pathfinder Map Folios?
I've tried everything I can think of with this thing, but a majority of the maps seem to be actually embedded into the pdf.
Any advice here?

Its neato and fun

>put the party against an Mummy Lord Warlord
>he’s extremely powerful and overpowering them but is much more concerned with toying with and humiliating than killing
>let’s the party go to ‘spread the word and rot’ after infecting them with magical mummy rot
>party pissed they fought an enemy too powerful to defeat
The warning signs were all there, but they had to keep cracking open seals on a tomb which spoke of a ‘great sealed evil’.

but whats it about? It looks hella complicated

>I've made the Red Mage archetype compatible with the STR-based Swashbuckler.

My GOD

You can't and they don't fit grids. Paizo maps are trash.

its a really cool supportive character basically

It would require you to do a lot of hoop and loop jumping, so the best hope is to, if using roll20 for example, convert them into images and just keep nudging and stretching them until they fit the grid.

Converting them to images is the part I'm having trouble with actually.
Like, said, by now I've definitely figured out that the things barely work with roll20 grids, but I usually make it work.
I just can't figure out a way to extract these images and keep some amount of quality to them.

I like to give certain enemies Basic Magic Training/Extra Magic talent for a bit of flair. With the release of SoM, I'll probably end up doing the same.

I think the merchant trader is pretty key for both of these ideas, but I can't find him as a manager or whathaveyou. Any idea where that would be?

open them up in Adobe Reader, go into preferences and set it that the screenshot tool takes pictures with a fixed pixels/inch ratio.