What is your Duel Spirit, Veeky Forums?

>Prompt: Every duelist has a guardian spirit in the form of a card they own. It's not necessarily their favorite card, or even a strong card.

>Pros
>probably a qt
>can perceive other people's Duel Spirits
>they can interact with each other
>slightly increased draw luck
>can be either tangible or intangible to you
>can render you limited resistance or immunity to incapacitating dark powers
>like a pet, can relieve distress or loneliness
>can't be stolen from you in most cases, and
>will protect you even if you don't possess the card, which
>is rendered unusable by would-be thieves

>Cons
>normies can't perceive them
>they are usually weak
>most are incapable of speech, or unwilling to talk, or are really annoying
>they don't give you any relevant game advice
>painfully and temporarily dispelled when destroyed or defeated on the field
>you are many times more likely to be challenged to Dark Games
>can be permanently dispelled by destroying their card, if no suitable card to possess is nearby

Pick your poison, Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eB6tqxqwSfU
youtube.com/watch?v=C-pTynOqGGM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

D I G I T A L B U G S

>>Only pedos take take other Madolches

BATTLE FADER

>cont

>the higher level your Duel Spirit is, the stronger a personality it has
>spirits leveled 4 or higher can mentally influence their partners
>an overpowering spirit could bend a weak minded Duelist to their own whims

>Pros
>includes all or most pros from prior list
>can be made perceivable by normies at will
>can challenge Duelists to dark games
>may possess special powers, based on spirit's attribute and alignment
>more likely to be capable of speech or telepathy

>Cons
>normies can't perceive them
>they are unusually strong, but you are most susceptible to their power and influence
>partial possession, can force you to do things against your will, or control you in a Duel
>you're mentally coerced to their alignment
>increases physical and mental stress if you resist them
>losing Duels or displeasing them is physically, mentally, and emotionally painful for you

Gonna have to go with my man Pumpkin.

my boy

this boy right here, because there sure ain't cool duel spirits in Ancient Gears

Always bet on lizard bro, in all his forms, through all his lore.

Make all the memes you want; Penguin Knight has always been my favorite card.

There used to be this small yellow baby dragon, first generation, not the retard from the show that works with time magician
That one.

I will, and will always be, a skelebro.

Plus I like the way their deck works, and I don't even play yugioh.

Petit Dragon?

Penguin Soldier has more consistent usage, though.

My duel spirit is POT OF GREED, which laughs every time I draw two or more cards.

>tfw your duel spirit was sentenced to death by errata
It still hurts.

He's a piece of shit, just like me.

If not pic related then jerry beans man.

>Duel Spirit
Vodka

Petit Dragon is lit as fuck

These fuckers were too good for their time.

too change the subject, why isn't yu gi oh talked about a lot on Veeky Forums?you would think with all the players and digital formats like duel links and YGOpro it would be talked about more often here.

also, what does everyone think of the support card that are coming out? some classic YGO cards will be getting support very soon and it's already out in OCG format.

Check the TCG threads, they talk about it occasionally. Other than that it's a less popular game with fewer gameplay modes so it gets fewer threads.

This card carried me during the early incarnations of my deck. I love its potential to surpass even bigshot monsters given the opportunity. My strategy still revolves around piercing damage and effects for doing lifepoint damage at least some every turn. So you could say the piercing moray put me on the path I'm on today.

Does Gaia Dragon give you an erection?

I aven't seen gaia dragon. Is it similar to my moray? I like the piercing moray out of sentimentality mostly, he was my best card for a time. Now my best card is one specifically made to be someone's best card and a standard inclusion in most decks.

I looked it up. I don't like gimmicky stuff like xyz or toonworld. It feels too specifically designed to me.
Gaia dragon seems useful but I'd have to craft a whole xyz deck to summon it reliably.

He's actually hilariously easy to get out since he can be made with an existing XYZ so it's rather accessible. Add Rush Recklessly or Moon Mirror Shield or whatever meta ATK booster is in style today and you have a monster who will run over God himself.

FACE UP
IN ATTACK MODE

>Yugioh, on Veeky Forums
>Apparently playing a weaboo card game gives you a stand.

Favorite archetype

>Every card in the game of Duel Monsters has a story attached to it, and this is one of my favorites...

I like dinos

He got me back in the game so it's gotta be him.

Best boy, I had like 12 of them.

Make no mistake. I am the best duelist

I wouldn't call it less popular. For a while it held the title of most popular card game. It's just usually confined to more anime or vidya-focused boards because Yugioh is firmly tied to its anime and has actually playable games.

Why do you show up in every Yugioh thread to talk shit? Nothing wrong with talking about a card game on the board best suited to card games.

What’s with Japan and celebrating ways to cheat?

I have only two Yugioh cards by now. And this is the only monster left.

So do the six samurai serve the ruler of the blue flame as a unit?

youtube.com/watch?v=eB6tqxqwSfU

Best faction
Cutest faction

ok

This seems like a con to me

>You confidently place your ace flip monster face down, smirking.
>Opponent can see your Duel Spirit
>It's Man-Eater Bug.

She isn't the strongest card in the game but her effect can be useful in a pinch.

I mean they aren't a bad duel spirit (probably). They just did a stupid thing and got cast out for it. If anything she probably doesn't want me to make the same kind of mistakes she did if they're around as a guardian spirit.

Either Field-Commander Rahz or Dark Scorpion - Meanae the Thorn. Whichever is funnier.

But can you FUCK yours?

That was like 10 years ago though. Magic eclipsed YGO in worldwide popularity a long time ago, especially here in the US. A comparatively larger population of YGO players are non English so that's another reason why they're not as active here.

Vampire Lord/Genesis was my first deck
Always ran Zombie on my GBA game
Best Girl

My king. My other options in my deck were either Jinzo (100% could influence the duelist), Drillroid, and the RGY Gadgets. Everything else was either feral like Blowback Dragon or a literal machine like Satellite Cannon.

I really don't have a monster I'm attached to besides HAMON, LORD OF STRIKING THUNDER . My favorite cards are the Mirror Force set, but I've been messing around with this archetype recently so I choose her.

I guess I'll go with kitty.

ghost lolis forever

play around man eater bug
SURPRISE MUTHAFUCKA

Always ran Harpies back in the day--even if this guy isn't technically connected, I always included him because I thought he looked super cool when I was 13.

Sadly lost him and the deck in a carjacking, so I guess now it might be Harpie Queen--I rebuilt the deck, but it felt wrong to just replace him.

Mine would be this guy.

Yoo, I remember that guy! He would probably be my second choice. I remember drawing a whole lot of terrible middle school drawings based off of him.

ARE
YOU
READY
FOR
SOME
FOOTBALL

Vampires were a favorite archetype of mine from a design standpoint, but U.A. is a fun as fuck deck archetype and I'm glad they're still playable even now.

yugioh almost always has a thread of Veeky Forums up, from what i've seen Veeky Forums never talks about it because whenever a yugioh thread gets made its gets flooded with magic fags shit posting, and people complaining about how fast the game has gotten as opposed to actual discussion.

Did UAs ever stop relying so hard on Midfielder? That was their biggest flaw, relying on him for nearly every play even with all the generic warrior support.

He's still very much a make-or-break card, yeah. There's some shenanigans I have, at least. Running Brilliant Fusion + Gem Knight Lazuli + Galaxy Serpent for Seraphinite, then using the free extra Normal Summon for the bounced Galaxy Serpent to Synchro in Ancient Fairy Dragon to wipe the opponent's field spell and/or get a fourth Terraforming.

Alternatively, for the hail mary Midfielder play: get Stadium out, set Copy Knight, keep it alive one turn. Next turn, summon Midfielder, chain into Copy Knight, use Midfielder's effect to bounce Copy Midfielder back into your hand and replace him with the UA monster Stadium just gave you. Even better? You can now use Turnover Tactics.

I vaguely remembered getting it as a promotional card in a game and always thought the whole "grows stronger every turn" and "evolves into an even bigger, badder magician" parts were really cool as a kid. Small magician with the potential to blast Blue Eyes, wicked. Also thought the staff was the perfect size for beating people. I dunno why I fixated on that. If not Silent Magician I'd totally grab Nin-Ken Dog though. Ninja Dog Man would be an awesome Spirit.

... Why don't I remember her rack always being that huge? Forget being an Aqua type, she should be a Titty type. A literal titty monster.

>Spouting this heresy about best boy

This bastard right here. Friends hated dealing with it since they relied on Flip effects and high DEF. never got around to summoning Vehicroid Stealth Union but definitely had a blast

probably got censored by the cucks in the english localisation team. loads of female cards get tiddy reductions and more modest clothes to suit the americans delicate sensibilities

The friend who got me back into YuGiOh gave me this way back in high school, I think that's the truest way to gain a duel spirit

you madman

actually she was one of the only ones that didn't get censored

My first deck was an asshole Horus deck with jinzo to make sure that I could just smack my opponent over the head without getting dark hole'd or mirror forced
Not sure if Horus really had a personality but I imagine he'd just be like a big friendly chicken

youtube.com/watch?v=C-pTynOqGGM

The very first Yu-Gi-Oh card I ever saw. Found it on the road near my bus stop when I was a kid. It has to be the one for me seeing as it was my first card.

Man if I go buy "first card" logic my Duel Spirit would have to be Ansatsu

>they remember their first cards
Guess I'll never find my spirit

Watch as I special summon 3 machines in one turn.

that is neither small nor cute BUT I SURE DO LOVE SMASHING MY OPPONENT'S FOOLISH BOARD INTO THEIR FACE

First card? Hm...Well that's really awkward, then.

Would have to be this guy. I always have played insects in yugioh so he was always in my deck

My nigga Three Headed Geedo. First monster i ever had. (De-spell was found with him). He's still my favorite to this day

This is the only YGO card I own

The only cards I remember using a LOT/having a connection to early on were Dark Necrofear, Obelisk, and Kuriboh (also Yata-Garasu when it was it legal). Keeping in line with the thread in terms of level/power, mine would probably Kuriboh.

Too lazy to find a picture right now, sorry.

>literally the most worthless monster in the entire game

I'm imagining him with Tentomon's voice just chilling, eating levels, and being a bro. Letting you synchro more bros to the field.

Top choice

Dark Valkyria would be mine. I didn't start with her, but I got the gemini structure deck at some point and that's when I actually started playing a bunch with my friends, and she was my key card.

AND THEN I SACRIFICE IT TRIBUTE SUMMON DES FROG!

Truly the bestest bro in synchro decks.

yes

I'm onto you.

best fucking archetype ever made.
i love these fuckers!
too bad you cant use anything longer than a year

Did someone say first turn Odin?

Good pick. Dinos were fucking amazing in GX

H-HE'S FAST!

> inv4 wrong game

Can it be magic cards or trap cards?

alright, how many of you are black?