Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Highly Converted edition

>Last Thread
>Latest Community News
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/
>Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Duncans Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=CJP8J84vzTA

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/?s=Errata
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/743835.page#9683047
natfka.blogspot.mx/2017/11/chapter-approved-2017-coming-in.html?m=1
m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nth for best termies.

my dudes > your dudes

Scars bro here. Is there some way for me to play the game online to get used to the rules first? I know someone made an addon for that nifty tabletop simulator but I'm trying to save money for the family's christmas presents.

Nth for AM!

Almost done with him now. All I have left to do are the camera lenses and that little screen

Still my favorite termies; even more than all the new plastics

Hey remember Mortarion's campaign to attack Ultramar that he didnt even turn up for? Cause I barely do.

Nth for everyone's dudes are super cool in different awesome ways and hope everyone enjoys their hobby in whatever way they find most enjoyable :)

didn't chaos win that

arghh

Should i put the Bloodthirster on the Skulls with the fire shooting out of them or not?

Whoops sorry wrong picture lol

screaming

lookin pretty good there, brother.

thanks user

user why is there nothing in that picture?

>mini contempor
>best termie

>Giant's Coffin
Or
>Last hour of Tyran

Eldar players are losing their fucking minds over this on Dakka saying they don't even get a psychic phase anymore, fucking lol what complete faggots.

Post cool admech conversions; I'll start

Outside of Tts, not many vidya games or anything online really comes close to the real thing, If theres a flgs near you that does the warhams, ask around to see If anyone will let you watch their game, just let them know you're new and want to get into It, and want a better idea of how the game works. If theres a GW/Warhammer store near you they'll teach you hoe to paint, play, and I'm pretty sure they give you a mini for free that they teach you to paint for free, and they'll let you use models there to play the game for free.

Explain both pls

So only the eldar players on Veeky Forums are not cancer good to know.

Whoops sorry wrong picture lol

Link please, I'm thirsty for tears

Sweet christ that's amazing, what's it meant to be?

Now see I will agree to this over

>Tfw can still reliably cast powers with numerous Wyrdvines

What the fuck user

reposting because its a discussion worth having

>2 inceptors are 90 points for 12 S5 AP-1 shots at 18", the assback is 100 points for 12 S6 AP-1 at 24". Inceptors are 4W at T5, assback is 10W at T7.

T5 and T7 are identical against essentially anything that's not an autocannon or assault cannon and while the razorback is legitimately tougher, the Inceptors cant lose more than 2 wounds to one non-mortal wound attack.

The biggest difference is of course that the inceptors can deep strike, get cover bonus trivially and can move and shoot with no penalty, which makes them do about 33% more damage against marines than a dual-AC razorback that moved. All for 10 points less.

Also 3 aggressors now cost 105 points and will blatantly out damage inceptors, quad HB mortis and dual AC razorbacks against marines WITHOUT using their shoot twice ability.

hello history channel can you tell me about spearfishing in ancient japan because i just remembered that in my friend’s setting the eldar are the japan and i wanted to make a fisherman character

Blood Angels should be able to take Assault marines as troops.

A tech priest Dominus; Although it was designed for IQ28. That FB group has a LOT of kick ass conversions

fixed

there actually used to be a GW shop near me (Great Lakes Crossing mall in MI) but they closed like, years ago. I did a demo of their LOTR game when I was 12, so theres that. my closest shop only sells 40K stuff, no one around here plays it.

I cri ;_;

>Marines have the black carapace, humans don't
>Humans where power armour like fallout 4, it's clunky and like a walking tank
>Marines use armour like the suit in crysis, it's like a second skin that they can be nimble and reactive in
This is why it's so funny to see that Space Marine Terminators are 5" movement yet Inquisitors in Terminator Armor are 6" movement.

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/743835.page#9683047

It starts here and gets progressively more SKY IS FALLING tier

>tau
>unpainted
This is by far the worst reply yet I don't think anyone can top it.

Not the guy who posted It, but I'm gonna guess Saint Celestine after Greyfax got her really into steampunk.

This is a perfect example of the fact people have forgotten that Razorbacks are transports and not battle tanks.

People take razorbacks without anything in them all the time now

This game is ruined.

>A)
A Razorback's main purpose is to bring guns while also moving a small squad. You said it right: the Inceptors cost like they do because their main mission is to drop in.
If you're deploying them on your backfield, you're shooting yourself on your foot.
>B)
Should have linked to that discussion you're having.

Don't hate on assbacks.

This is a perfect example of the fact people have forgotten that Taurox primes are transports and not battle tanks.

They have 1 wound less than a predator.

Tyran
First recorded contact with Tyranids

toaster lickers on Dakka are just as bad

>Taurox Prime as battle tank
>When the Punisher exists

What a cancerous shithole
Can someone get me a wewlad?

Damn. Although the store still selling It does mean that there are people nearby who are buying It, but If they don't meet up or play at the store, they're doing it somewhere, you just gotta figure out where to find 'em. Or get into It with a friend and learn together.

>that retarded "shot into space" retcon
You could have posted literally any version of this story that isn't the one that hack Cruddace fucked up, and your newfag ass posted this newfag one.

>97 pts for 30-32 S4 shots that hits on 3+ And move 14"

>posting the most recent lore is newfagging
This is the state of lore purists these days, how sad

Ayyy I remember these guys painted up from one of the recent White Dwarfs. I love all the Blanchitsu submissions.

>natfka.blogspot.mx/2017/11/chapter-approved-2017-coming-in.html?m=1
>Roboute Guilliman 385
>+25pts

You had one job GW and you fucked it up.

Although deathshroud going down 15 pts is bretty good

This story is as old as 40k, why would you ever post a version written by Crud when there are better ones from Kelly and Chambers?

More like if Primaris started off broken everyone would be pissed.
Starting off a bit weak and slowly buffing lets them more easily force Primaris onto everyone

Taurox is cheaper, faster and can hold troops. 8 of its shots also get -2AP. You can also put 5 inquisiton acolytes with storm bolters in there for 50 points making them a similar price and similar volume of output since those storm bolters can add 20 extra S4 shots.
Punisher gets 40 shots and no penalty for moving though. It also wounds T8 vehicles on a 5+.

Both have their ups and downs. I personally like to use one of each.

>waaa the new lore isn't the same as the lore I read as a kid
Cry harder lore fag

>Giant's Coffin
"In the Miral system Imperial Guard regiments and Space marines of the Scythes of the Emperor Chapter still held out against Tyranids which had overrun the lush jungles and plantations of Miral Prime. The Imperial forces had retreated to a huge rock mesa - known locally as the Giant's Coffin - where they fought daily against raging hordes from the dense jungles below. The jungles themselves had become extraordinarily active since the invasion and only constant defoliation prevented vines and creepers infected with Tyranid spores engulfing the defenders' narrow island of rock overnight. Despite their heroics, the Scythes of the Emperor suffer catastrophic casualties. Faced with the total destruction of their Chapter, the Space Marines reluctantly retreat, leaving Miral Prime to the Kraken."
Ok, so it wasn't really a last stand, but it was badass though.

So, when doing , people can take Armageddon's doctrine without changing their to Armageddon.
Can you take STORM TROOPERS with anything other than Scions? Not Militarum Tempestus, but Storm Troopers.

Gee, thanks Night Lords for fucking up the Pharos.

Literally the opposite.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8

All stormtroopers are Militarum Tempestus now, they're still referred to as stormtroopers in universe (source: Carrion Throne).

It's more wordy than the one I first read, so I used it. Plus, it has the best Tyranid-related quote ever in it.

Playing my first tournament this weekend with the new Eldar book. Thoughts on the list I'm taking?

Alatioc Battalion
>Farseer Skyrunner
>Warlock
>5x Dire Avengers - Exarch w/Extra Catapult
>5x Wraithguard - 5x D-Scythes
>8x Shadow Spectres
>Wave Serpent - Twin Shruiken Cannon, Shruiken Cannon, Spirit Stones

Alatioc Battalion
>Farseer
>Spirit Seer
>20x Guardians
>Crimson Hunter
>Crimson Hunter

Alatioc Outrider Detachment
>Spirit Seer
>3x Shining Spears - Exarch w/Star Lance

10 CP - I've been playing with the Spectres using the Webway strategem supported by a spirit shroud Seer with conceal/reveal.

wut?

Shhhhhhh sh sh sh sh.
That's not what I asked
I asked if I can take STORM TROOPERS as Savlar Chem dogs.
Don't care what Scions are called yesterday, today or tomorrow.

Guilliman up 25, Razorbacks up 5, Stormravens up 20, Assault Cannons up 1... it adds up.

That winning assback spam list is now around 100 points more expensive.

Are you retarded?

No, you can't.

Needs more vectored engines, more hemlocks, fewer crimson hunters.

Can I take Brutal Strenght for Ork Hunters without changing my regiment to Catachan?

Who was in the wrong here?

Sure you could use whatever you want as militarum tempestus, although models that look like they have carapace are probably best

Yes.

The Scion Regimental Doctrine is a super-special-snowflake case with its own rules, that's why that one doesn't work.

Sanguinius.

Nope.

Literally why would you ever take wyrdvanes when astropaths exist?

Yes you can.

Black Library, for starting the book series and taking all the mystery out of the Heresy.

What's the best psychic discipline so far, d'you reckon? Contagion (DG) has a bunch of awesome stuff, but Dark Hereticus and both Runes are solid contenders too.

Warlock should be a spirit seer

your craftworld traits are all fucked up. dire avengers, wraithguard, guardians, and shining spears don't really benefit from alaitoc

The only good powers are Doom, Fortune, Guide, and maybe executioner (but smite is a fine replacement). You can cast three of them with eldrad alone, or choose Doom and fortune/guide with a farseer.

Remember when FFG was better at telling a story based on that time than FW?

>what's the best psychic discipline so far,

Warlock powers for versatility and being on a cheap body.

Why vectored engines? Why not just quicken on the disembark for range?

Also I own 2 Hemlocks and ran this frequently pre-codex but with the points drops I really like the addition of hunters - especially to make sure you're taking advantage of the alatioc trait. Also the list lacks long range AT if I go with Hems.

Warlock is for Seer Council strategem - doesn't work if he's a spirit seer. Also I don't really see how a -1 to be hit during the first turn isn't good for everything.

The Scion regimental doctrine...or the Militarum Tempestus regiment.
They're not the same, and that's the source of my confusion.
I don't want the Scion relic, or their exclusive order.
The same way using Brutal Strenght for a non-Catachan regiment doesn't give you the use of Straken, their sword or the flame order, I wonder if I can take the doctrine without using that regiment.

Fuck off

>golden god-saviour of humanity who pulled our u ungrateful asses out of the dark ages, created the finest warriors ever known to mankind, and led our race to conquer the galaxy and become the dominant race
>sinister black-and-red traitor son corrupted by the powers of evil space-hell gods of literal rape, disease, murder and backstabbing who want to swallow the entire galaxy in a permanent hellscape of human suffering and torment for eternity
Gee it's so hard to decide who was wrong.

If you have to think about this for even a nanosecond you should kill yourself for being a pathetic bitch-cuck letting your personal daddy issues cloud your judgement.

No because the codex specifically says you cannot choose Militarum Tempestus as a replacement for and that the doctrine is only for Militarum Tempestus. Its a special case.

He said "Oooooh you're doomed, you only roll one dice now".
Wyrdvanes already do that.
No one commented on any other characteristic.

This is the most correct answer by far.

You sound triggered, faggot.

He's 100% right. Primarchs are great as background fluff. Taken front and center and worse, being brought into 40k proper, was a huge mistake.

They're like Marines cubed.

Vectored Engines don't make them faster, they make them harder to hit. You want to stack similar buffs.

Alaitoc is a big fan of Dark Reapers for long-range AT, if that's what you're after.