What's the best type of campaign?
>Sandbox / "West Marches" style
>Plot driven
>Something between?

Other urls found in this thread:

hextcg.gamepedia.com/Shin'hare
youtube.com/watch?v=zP3sffVKbYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The kind of campaign the players want to play and the GM wants to run. There is no universally correct answer.

I'd plunder her booty etc etc

I just came here to take a closer look at her bum.

This.

/thread

Only that you just gave one

fpbp

Are you inspired more by /v/ or /a/ with your topics?

Completely off topic but I'm conflicted on Bunny Races.
On one hand, they're cutesy and and I adore that, on the other hand the animal they resemble is the worst and cutesy things adventuring sometimes doesn't work too well.

>cutesy things adventuring sometimes doesn't work too well.
You can even run a super-serious horror campaign with cutesy things

_ ____ __ ____ ____ ______!

Shitty nonanswer.

Made in Abyss could do it. You can too.

How is it a nonanswer?

Because while it is relevant, it isn't a good standard nor is it telling your own preferences.

>How should I do x thing?
>Do it the good way lol.

Fuck you.

Watership down wants to have a word with you.

>communicate with your friends isn't a good standard

...what?

>How should I do x thing?

Read the OP, dumbass.

Then make the bunnies so they fit in your world.

Given the bunnies I'm immediately reminded of Watership Down.

You actually have a couple of options

1. The Human character in this image was cursed to to be in a Rabbit body. I think he actually complains at the beginning that the sword is harder to wield now too. But he’s still Human and MUST fight for numerous causes, almost all of them Noble. It does steal a bit from Hobbits, but since they’d become PCs, and individual or two are allowed to rise to the occasion and fight

You got a point Satan.

How would you do Rabbit people? As a focus for a setting or a race within one?

I should include the image

2. Play up their cutesiness and cowardice. But pull from the 4e Halflings and Gnomes and give them their strength in numbers, their large population, and the occasional Hero

All the world will be your enemy, prince of a thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

I would enjoy more Rabbitfolk in my tabletop...

If they weren't my magical realm.

How are bunnies your magical realm?

Oh man, I would play this up so much

Because the idea of a race of fluffy, kindhearted rabbits living in great warrens underground engaging in statecraft, great acts of craftsmanship and exploration gets my rocks off. Oh, and Rabbit fertility and all that.

Armellan Buns are actually wicked cool.
Basically the Dwarves of the setting.

Basically some sort of Kingdom Death game where death awaits you at every Corner. Your bunnies have to mostly rely on stealth to get through at first, scavange what they can, set traps, make weapons and armor out of their fallen foes, build a strong settlement, etc.

Yo Poots, just in case you want to expand your market to people below 18.

There’s so much you can do with that.

Toss in some of the Halfling lore that they have Warrens under every city that have lasted longer than all the surface dweller empires and your golden.

Then toss in the Dwarven issue of burrowing too deep and the poor civilians who barely know how to use a carving knife now have to protect themselves and you are now platinum status

They burrowed deeper and deeper, until the day they found out that they were not alone down there.
"We fight-kill the bunny things!"

The Surface dwellers can be your allies and friends, but they will never see you as more than a cute servant. A house cleaner, a cook, a Maid, that is the best you can hope with them. We Rabbitfolk NEED our warrens if we want to truly live, not just survive.

So use those jobs, do everything you can to buy their swords, their armor, their weapons, and make them your own. Reclaim your home, or languish in the surface your whole life and the lives of your children

>Bunny girl maid
>sweating man with towel.jpg

Imagine a woman with the 1940’s mindset, knowing that her hard work to tend to your family and home will help liberate hers. She deeply, truly cares for you and your family as if they were her own, but you see what she truly works for every couple of weeks. They come around in groups, the Rabbitfolk trying to conceal their presence, but they’re no match to someone of your experience. They talk, exchange money, and the Blacksmith and Leatherworkers have a few more coins at the end of the day and the group of Rabbits have disappeared somewhere.

She knows of your past, of your exploits, and one day, your maid who stands barely above your knees if she rises up on her toes, asks if you can teach her too. The streets have become dangerous, you see. Just some basic self-defense stuff is all she asks for.

I'm hoping you have all been praying nightly?

Why does this fill me with dread?

>What's the best type of campaign?
I can't say for sure, though I know what I want to play is a story-driven crunch heavy giant robot wargame campaign, I know that's not what most people want.

The way I figure, if your players haven't flaked out and left for any number of excuses by session six, you must be doing something right.

improv practice tends to be the most fun imo

just like have your players make some characters, throw them into an on the fly thought up world and let em start their adventure
when dms want to set up long backstorys and storylines to their worlds for days before actually starting the game they just get ticked off when a player decides to stray off the beaten path and gms NEVER have a back up plan in case a player pulls the ol "Im just gonna focus on my own personal gain and ignore the huge plot that specifically needs heroes to continue" as if huge wars just get put on hiatus while a player spends a few years as a merchant or bbegs just decide to go on vacation when the heroes dont wanna hero instead of finishing their plans to take over the world while the heroes are away

these sort of out of nowhere games also build up their own lores as theyre explored lile tv shows or vidya in a way since it isnt presented right from the start instead of with the dms big prologue speech or stapled packet he expects you to read

plus players grow attached to their characters as they build them up from gameplay instead of from writing the fun stuff down on a character sheet

me too

She says it’s just the rumblings of the Earth, it too has to stretch when it awakens. She says she’ll make you some tea while you think about her request.

She insists you take a seat and wait, it’s still early and she can take care of the children, each of them already larger than she is, even with the aid of her ears adding to her height. You catch a glimpse of your neighbor, trying to clean his blankets, a task he usually left to his bunny maid. She left three weeks ago. Down the street, old man Henderson is coming to the market to complain and buy groceries. His helpers had to leave two weeks ago, their replacements still have not arrived.

?
... ...
!
Yes.

Personally, I think the best campaign has a main plot line that will take the players around the “map” and interact with different people and places in your game world. Different social classes, races, walks of life. Whatever fits the theme of your game. But each of this places is fleshed enough to offer a chance for localized sandboxing...by which i mean side quest and things to do that you come up as DM or your players come up on their on. But if things stagnate, you ca reel them in with plot relevant events, or even use those to tie in players own ideas to the main thing.

"I want to fuck that rabbit" ?

or "I want to be the bun"? :^)

This doesn't end in erp now does it?

Don't you guys see that this thread was merely posted as bait to get people to comment about the furry and possibly also to collect furry art?

fuck it, not much else going on tonight, anyway.

Not all heroes wear capes, user

It’s going to end with her leaving and never coming back. She’s done all she can to buy the gear, but now she needs to wear it and go down there herself.

She really, truly loves your family as if it was her own. She’ll cherish the memories, but now she must reclaim the home of her family, and in a way, protect the second one she has found.

Boo.

Phew.
For some odd reason I thought it would result in bloody revolution and her stabbing you in the mouth.

A few re-reads later and I realize just how dumb I am, and how cool this setup is.
Alternate take with fuggen' when?

Sorry, I don’t do those type of stories. You’ll only get adventures from me

Interspecies relationships are the greatest adventures of them all!
The prejudice!
The persecutions!
The sweet sweet intimacy.

Are you my GM ?

I'm glad to see someone so excited about stories! You should write them!

I wouldn't be here begging if I could, you insensitive swine.

That's not very classy of you.

Speaking of which, Noble Buns, anyone?

Last time I've used bun people, it was a builder game and they were one of the starting factions that get abandoned and turned into NPC.
Think about something between cutesy fuzz balls and Robin Rabbit

How can we have a thread talking about rabbit adventurers without the greatest rabbit warrior ever?!?

As a player, I like if the DM has a plan (or at least events set in motion), but I'd also like to be able to do my own stuff on the way there. Not quite sandbox, but definitely give the PCs room to explore the cities, maybe take a week off the "main quest" to see to personal projects that aren't just crafting or making money. Remember that the plot is only time-sensitive if it's been established as such.

Also, you fool, classic blunder, etc.

What do rabbits offer that other races don't?
Can they thematically "compete" with more established races?

If you're willing to think outside of the box, bunnyfolk can be a lot different to the standard cutesy critters at least in terms of culture.

For example, the shin'hare are basically a mashup of the worst aspects of Communist China, North Korea and Imperial Japan. They're would-be world conquerors who actively exploit their numbers in the face of physical weakness, to the point of having an entire caste of devoted breeder-females who use dark magic to produce obscenely huge litters at super-accelerated rates. They will literally throw themselves to their deaths to grind their enemies down in wave attacks of huge proportions. They practice blood magic and necromancy to make the most of how little they respect the lives of others - they freaking give birth to entire litters of children JUST to sacrifice them and use their blood to create magical gear for their elites. And if that's how they treat each other, you can

Blood-soaked, cannibalistic, fatalistic bunnyfolk necromancer - not so cute now, is s/he?

There's also the Amazon thing - long story short: if there are few male bunnyfolk, then female bunnyfolk will probably take on most of the dangerous work, because they only need a relatively small number of females breeding with the valuable males to keep their population sustainable - but that can probably fall into magical realm too easily for some DMs.

If you want to go standard, they can make an interesting replacement for halflings, gnomes, or potentially even dwarves.

They can also make a good "evil horde" race, filling either the goblin/skaven role or taking the place of hobgoblins with a unique "we're small and weak, so we use tactics and trickery" mentality.

Heck, take a leaf out of the shin'hare's book and their focus on necromancy and blood magic could be used to make them a dark reflection to dwarves, crafting enchanted goods with the blood and souls of expendable bunnyfolk.

Dammit! That broken sentence is supposed to go "And if that's how they treat each other, you can imagine how they treat other races. They enslave them, they exploit them, and they eat them."

Is thread now a Bunnyfolk thread? Should we set up a new thread for discussing bunnyfolk?

I don't see why. The mods would probably just move it to /trash/, no matter how Veeky Forums-related it would be.

They didn't do that to the last ratfolk thread, though. So long as nobody responds to the inevitable anti-furry trolls, it maybe should be okay? I mean, despite OP's picture, working bunnyfolk into campaigns is not technically what they came here for.

Sometimes threads mutate, I think we're fine.
Now if OP himself came in and took issue with what we're posting then we'd have a case to move it.
In the meantime let's talk Questin' Rabbits.

Plot driven with the possibility of a different route decision in any pivotal matter.

Or we can play job #2746 with nothing connecting your character to the world except their love for money, ever increasing power, and psychotic semi-omnipotent being that controls their every action.

Fair enough. So, yeah, for some reason, I really like the Shin'hare fixation on dark magic: how viable is a race of gothy amazon bunnyfolk who practice cannibalism, blood magic, and necromancy, yet can still find enough common cause with other races to work together, however begrudgingly?

Y'know, basically using Bunnyfolk to replace Half-Orcs/Tieflings/Shadar-kai as the "token villainous race" niche?

Sounds like a bunch of wildly disconnected themes slapped together, to be honest. What does necromancy and cannibalism have to do with rabbits? That said, I could see rabbits meshing with the more savage type of dark magic. Berserk blood fury kind of thing. Transformations. Jackalopes dancing among the flames.

That said, I'd rather have them be more diminutive skilled speedsters. Not like halflings, who are stealthy, but more the kind to run circles around you while they stab at your shins and jump-kick your head. If monks weren't so austere and mystical I'd make it their favoured class.

Fun story, my family owned a rabbit once. He'd gnaw through absolutely any cage, and rape the chickens.

Cannibalism: beyond the fact rabbits eat their young, the shin'hare use it to reinforce their theme of what monstrous supremacists they are.

Necromancy: Plays into the Shin'hare's power-hungry nature and absolute indifference to the sanctity of life. They will spend your life without a second thought, then turn you into a zombie because it's convenient to do so.

hextcg.gamepedia.com/Shin'hare

youtube.com/watch?v=zP3sffVKbYM

Besides, since somebody's going to make "sexy/cutesy bunny" cracks anyway, making the more creepy in the drow vein at least adds some variety into the fanservice.

bunbum

Hey, I'm all for creepy. I just think it should be on-theme.

How about flipping the rabbit/trap connection and make them vicious little vietcong bantam fighters that riddle the area with tunnels? Unlike kobolds, who usually have one big cave home with defensive traps, rabbitfolk have many small, interconnected ones, which allow them to move ahead of enemies to set traps offensively.

Works in its own right. But, like I said, the Shin'hare really sold me on the concept of blood magic & necromancy-using rabbitfolk.

Dang, I can't decide.

I really like these eviler, Blood worshipping Bunnies because they sound like they go all out. Almost like tiny Gnolls.

But I really like the Pooja. They're new underdogs without much to show and more to prove. Much more likely PC characters

What if you put them together, user? Tiny underdogs who want to prove that they're evil and can go all out, but don't have much to show.

Isn't that just Skaven?

No, skaven are an actual credible threat, and the only reason they haven't overrun the world is because they only thing they hate more than non-skaven is other skaven.

>outright furfaggot threads, not even "thinly-veiled", are now ok on Veeky Forums
This board well and truly is dead

There is nothing wrong with things being "furry".

Go back to Encyclopedia Dramatica, you worthless troll.

So Kobolds?

Except for a few posters who left halfway through, we've been talking about possible societies for then

>pretending it hasn't been like this since the beginning

>there is literally nothing wrong with dogfucking
>get out and stop fursecuting me, you worthless troll!!!!
Are you for real? Have you wandered onto the wrong website by mistake?

Look at this newfag.
Look at him and laugh!

user, where's the rest of that image?

Where here downtrodden?

Report and ignore
that's all you can do sadly

This is a nice thread.

Makes me wonder though why Pathfinder or DnD doesn't have some kind of rabbitfolk race.

furry is against the rules

Tell me about downtrodden, user.

Yiff in hell furfags

Because Ironclaw exists.

Hasn't stopped either game from having hyena people, lizard people, bull people, goat people or fox people.

I mean there's lizardfolk, birdfolk, snakefolk, dragonfolk large and small, insectoids galore, cephalapods. But not much in the way of furred beastfolk races, mostly only in the form of werebeasts.

Just seems kinda an odd empty space.

More or less it's a setting based on a civilization of Rabbits on an isolated island doing their best to survive.
In an environment so hazardous and dripping with souped up superpredators and magic nightmares that the entire culture resolves around death and fear. Admittedly I haven't checked in on the setting in a very long time, so things may have gotten funky, but at it's worst it's good for cannibalizing ideas.

Oh and SOMETHING is underground.
And it wants you to dig towards it.

I guess I forgot about the Gnolls for a second there but they're the only ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

It'd be nice for me at least to see some wolf folk or bear folk that aren't werebeasts, plenty of other sapient animal folk walking around, why not them? Easy enough to say they're just all descendants of ancient 'uplift' experiments.

The weird ideas of gods or inexplicable experiments of ancient wizards are a good way to explain away almost any unusual species.

I reskin halflings into rabbitfolk, myself.

They feel like they fit.