Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

Still no Sailor moon Celestine edition

>Last thread
>Latest Community News
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/
>Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Duncans Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=CJP8J84vzTA [Open]

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/?s=Errata
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Soon

my dudes = your dudes

ya'll are alright

are dakkacents worth taking?

more like still no plastic sisters edition. hehe....

First for Nids being OP.

>not even first
>nids not even close to OP
Did you even try

The feminist 40k shitheads should choose to die on the hill of plastic sisters rather than female space marines, they's get their diversity and we'd get our waifus. Eeeeveryone's happy.

>Soon you'll be dead and this shitposting will come to an end
FTFY

gw can't even stock their current products.

>Imperial Fists are pretty cool, they're the sons of Rogal Dorn, a misunderstood primarch, lauded as an expert tactician when it comes to defensive deployment.
>In the lore the Imperial Fists are famed for owning the single strongest space-fort in the imperium. They like to get shit done by the book.

I wish Imperial Fists would get their own book or special units. It seems like if you're a codex-compliant chapter that isn't Ultras, GW doesn't give a flying fuck about you. Both Imperial Fists and Iron Hands have fuck all when it comes to special characters and units.

My hope is that if GW ever releases Dorn, they could activate the Last Wall Protocol in the lore so that you could make armies out of IF and all its sub-chapters. It would look amazing AND be fluffy. It would also help out with GW fucking them over support-wise, for the Crimson Fists special shit and Black Templars could be used.

Lots of layers that if you fuck up in the slightest on can ruin the model. Or you can cheat and use an airbrush.

It also depends on if you want to paint them proper yellow or use the shitty/lazy off-yellow/orange people love to use.

>As a new person looking to get into the game, is starting wtih Tyranids a bad idea?
Not bad at all, but I recommend waiting until the codex releases.

Nth for pondering familiar.

Whatre you guys working on

>female space marine

will it happen?
feels like it could

So which Space Marine units in the Codex are currently underpowered trash that you never see and require fixing?

Use hard numbers as proof if possible.

This hobby is like a drug. I cant stop spending my money on models

I need off this ride

Waiting for the rain to stop so I can paint my fucking Custodes. Literally a week and a half of this shit.

>will it happen?
No.

stripping some old models.

speaking of anyone know a good way to take apart super glued stuff without that niggling fear of breaking something.

super clean has wobbled some stuff out but theres stuff like the guns on my tank that I want to take out and put magnets on but won't budge.

Also any good guides/advice for magnetising weapons?
Do I just cut a hole and stick two magnets in?

But the ride never ends.

just spray at the edge of your garage?

So, TH/SS terminator clocks in at 51 points
double LC terminator is 43 points

Company veteran on bike with TH/SS is 55 points

Company vet on bike with power maul/sword + storm shield is 44 points

Company vet on bike with power axe + storm shield is 46 points

They can't deep strike but they're T5 3++ and can move 22" and then assault if white scars.

Honestly they seem pretty good even without the price cut that bikers got in the codex.

That's definitely the way I plan on looking at it. I won't be able to actually play much, but I really dig their look and the lore.

It probably won't really be much of a wait. I'm looking forward to getting into the game, but I might not really dive in until January or later. Thanks for the heads up. Also, is the codex so important? Should I skip getting the Index?

Depends on how bad GW wants to appease people who won't ever buy their product. But then again GW and business sense don't tend to go together so honestly, I think it's a toss up at this point.

I imagine the humidity would effect the garage inside too.

Plastic crack beats street crack!

>Dark Angels get their Codex before Orks

Next I'm expecting Iron Hands to get a Codex before orks

Fuck maybe even Rak'Gol before Orks

I've got some krylon plastic bonding white paint.
is that good for priming?

or Tau before orks

Centurion Devs, 155 points each with lascannons and missile launcher for a T5 3W M4 model with no invuln.

Whirlwinds are garbage, 100/109 for 3 range 72" boltguns or a twin autocannon.

Normal Terminators are statistically really undergunned. Vanguard Vets are too expensive with wargear and too weak without it.

So what role is T'au plasma supposed to fill? Weaker and just as reliable as Imperial plasma. Neither range or shots too.
Airbursts too, those always sucked aswell I guess.

What'd be wrong with that, git

cause they managed to "balance" tau before orks

People play terminators because they're cool not because they're good. Bikes do out preform them given you aren't even mentioning they get a stormbolter as well and can take special guns and stormshields.

>So, TH/SS terminator clocks in at 51 points
31 + 5 + 16 = 52, so you were off by a point
In Chapter Approved, Assault Termies are dropping to 26ppm like standard Terminators according to the rumours, which would put them at 47ppm.

>They can't deep strike but they're T5 3++ and can move 22" and then assault if white scars.
Only one unit can use that strat per turn and the max unit size is 5 models.

So you could have a grand total of 11 attacks turboboosting into combat, hitting on 4s. For 275 points.

Do you not realize how atrociously bad that is?

No, GW isn't going to torpedo the 40k IP to cater to Marxist ideologues that don't play the game.

Well i hope that 3 10 man tac squads with flamers and one 15 man Jump pack Death Company Squads with 2 suicide melta assault squads will be enough to tie them up.

>they focus fire your squishy cannon fodder just so they feel like they killed something this turn

they thought it was a good idea to make all their stuff unbuyable. Don't even know if they like money.

Plasma is better than burst cannon+ats vs meq.

Freezer overnight, then be gentle.

Who was in the right here?

does this melt minis?

>Meanwhile Custodes.

52 points per model BASE, no chapter tactic, only one super expensive transport, and meh stats.

Either FW needs to release the proper 40k rules for the rest of their army or GW needs to give them some buffs. The half-assed 'codex update' they released just nerfed them with the new edition.

Hellblasters with assault guns any good? not much reason to overcharge....

What about Marxists who do?

grab a section of old sprue, give it a blast, see what happens.

Don't be so sure about that, Kiddo

>they thought it was a good idea to make all their stuff unbuyable
What?

Is the vanilla Taurox worth fielding?

well I mean when you make a unit cost like 80 dollars in your store.

Hm, points per wound wise?

yes they're statistically the best of all 3 against all targets outside of 15"

the rapid fire ones beat them when they get within 15"

seems like a case of thunder hammers being shit when spammed desu.

Rumor has it Custards might be expanded, one of the new armies with codices GW said 8th would have way back. DG being the first of that.

All of my Tyranids from the lowliest gaunt up to the mightiest Tyrant are female. This is the future liberals want.

That's not "unbuyable", you fucking poorfag.

Considering everything is constantly going out of stock GW clearly isn't having problems selling their shit because of prices.

The Primaris Apothecary seems like a mean guy. Hes just standing on the corpse of a dead marine.

I dont believe so. You dont really want Scions in Transports as it is. Maybe in a Sion theme list?

>eat nonstop
>ruin everything
>screeching nonstop

Sounds about right

Finished anons dubs win
Sorry i couldn't do marines malevolent

If you want to get a cheap ass transport for your guard but don't care about it actually surviving past the first 2 turns, then it's very good. Otherwise a Chimera works better.

>Deepstriking flyer.

Why is this a thing? I can't see any real reason for it.

Custodes are 40 base, its like 286 for 5 with shields and a banner. The crunch for what is required to kill them is pretty insane as well.

Tyrants are male.

>mfw you can get 7 (new point cost) boltstorm aggressors for 245 and kill 8 marines per turn on average with just their guns rather than the 4.6 of the company vets and thunder hammer termies

Whoops. Wrong link

There is nothing substantial to this rumour. It has no verifiable trustworthy source. It's about as legit as the "Sisters in January" rumour.

Your dudes look into the sky and see this what do they do?

It's easy to run out of stock when you only make small batches of models and have a shitty distribution chain.

do people really buy from games workshop when they basically double the price of everything. I just assumed they never restocked, like I can buy the stuff out of stock on any other site for cheaper.

it was supposed to represent a dramatic vertical drop

>teleports behind it and leaves

Bad news user

Nevermind, I just realised its the Prime which can only transport Tempestus.Its a decent option for Mechanised Infantry.

260 for 5 base / 5 = 52.

245 /5 49 if you only take them with swords.

It is a bit more plausible than that one.
Given the recent BL books had an emphasis on Custodes returning to the front line. That amounting to nothing would be a bit of a letdown

>GW prices aren't a problem you're just poor

Got the rest of my IG squad assembled and primed and the black on my marines is complete.

Plasma is only 1 point more than burst. Basically if you take an extra plasma is beats burst+ats on suits.

Them being cheap is the main draw. A trio of them happen to slot perfectly into my left over points and would do exactly what I need them to do, namely ferry my Infantry Squads/Company Commanders into pew pew range.

...yes. Exactly.

あなたはプレイヤーとして期間限定でこの話をカッコよくクリアしてください

そうゆう意味、コントローラー渡してくるだろ

>Using the shitty looking eisenkern models.

Dude, even the regular IG models look better than them.

finecast?

What about it?

Inferior to nazi resin.

Thats a fucking amazing model

Can't say I agree. The Stormtroopers look pretty good and the generic IG sculpts don't do anything for me.

That's not base, its fully equipped. 54 ppm for 3w t5 3++, isn't some obscene point cost.

Making all of the models in the UK doesn't help. Costs more and doesn't really provide any benefit.

Then there's the whole "we don't drop prices because we told our investors we wouldn't twelve years ago" thing.

Looking over the CA "leaks"
Honestly, the numbers look plausible, what you'd expect, and most importantly nothing crazy. Which makes me think the leak might actually be legit.

I doubt it because I don't believe they'd drop Defilers even more.

We're close enough to release that it's very likely legit. I agree nothing in there is stupid or crazy.

>Making all of the models in the UK doesn't help
How much better would things be if they added an american production branch, honest question?

I'm pretty sure they're asexual.

Defilers are currently garbage and not selling any models so why wouldn't they drop them?

No BA or DA in the leaks makes me think theyre comin first

Now this is shitposting.

In unrelated news, templates back when?

>Sailor Moon Celestine
>not Sailor Moon Fulgrim
baka