Kingdom Death: Monster (KDM/KD:M)

Preorders for the core game STILL going on:
kingdom-death-monster-15.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Vanished from Existence: How many expansions do you own? Which are your favourites, and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1485/33/1485331647928.pdf
magecompanygames.com/shop/mcg-premium-ultra-custom-sleeves-kdm-events/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

own all current.

Paid for all future

With gameplay only daddy longlegs

Otherwise pinup collection 1#, male tk and just managed to grab that sweet sweet [forsaker]

>How many expansions do you own? Which are your favourites, and why?
All old except Tree, Lion God, and Manhunter.

Dragon King is the best; it gives a reasonable, interesting quarry but the People of the Stars campaign really pushes it above and beyond.

DBK is also pretty great, it's just a little sad how late you have to be to start fighting it.

Confession time: While I know it does good things for the game, I don't actually *like* Gorm that much. True, it's great to have an alt for the lion, but I can't wait until Frogdog and especially Honeycomb Weaver provide options for that slot.

My group and I have been floored several times by some poor player choices and bad events usually at around hand/watcher and last time at a Phoenix quarry after a string of incredibly shitty events.

We are thinking as a change of pace trying either 7-swordsman, twilight knight, or people of the sun campaigns (I was able to pick up the gencon-sunstalker campaign)

Any recommendations of alternative games styles or expansion campaigns?

What is "pinning" the screaming antelope, why should I do it, and is there a guide anywhere?
>t. hobby noob

Both Stars and Sun are better than Lantern. Please Sun, and try to keep expansions to a minimal except including Gorm and Spidicules is welcome.

Drilling a small hole in the legs and the base to put a small pin of metal that increases support.

Pinning involves getting a small drill and boring thin holes into equally opposite sides of two pieces and sticking a small "pin" (I've used everything between small paperclips, staples, and thin wire) to insert in the hole to conjoin both holes.

This helps "set" the pieces and if/when you glue them, they help assist the holding.

If you want to keep the parts detachable like the Phoenix wings, you'll want a deeper hole and a longer pin, gluing only the one side of the piece and whenever you assemble you carefully insert the two pieces....this is where I recommend thicker paperclips because they're sturdier without assistance of glue bonding both sides.

Thanks Google translate.

>hiding sun praise as a translate error

There's no shame in your priasing of the sun my good fellow.

Please Sun
Please play Sun
Play Sun
Please pick Sun
Praise the Sun
Pleasing the Sun is part of the campaign
Cum

Thanks based user. Can I use a normal drill or do you need some bs "hobby" drill to make sure the legs don't shatter while drilling? Follow up question, what size hole?

As a thigh man and lover of stockings and garter belts, god bless Poots and his game.

Okay what the hell is up with the German warehouse? I still don´t have any idea of where my package is.
Any Germans here who got info on theirs?

>How many expansions do you own?
All except Manhunter and Green Armor, which I am getting in Wave 2 though.

>Quotation needed
But still

My sides are climbing the inverted mountain!

Well I don´t have one there.
Just another package which they say was delievered on 29th which I have no idea what it is.

>How many expansions do you own?
Manhunter, Dungbeetle Knight, Flower Knight, and Gorm.
All missing 1.0 content and all 1.5 content paid for.

>Which are your favorites
Of what I own, torn between the two knights. Both are fun fights with fun rewards. DBK has tearjerking content, though.

You're gonna need a thin drill (pin vice), and definitely manual I.e. nothing electric.

They're generally cheap (~$15), and available in nearly any hardware shop, but your main goal is to get thinner diameter drill bits because, well you're working on miniatures not wall beams. Sometimes the presupplied bits in a hardware pin vice are too big for minis. Almost always hobby pin vices have the thinner ones suppplied with the drill itself

Remember you're dealing with plastic/resin so a manual pin drill will break through.

Happy drilling user

BGG ratings are garbage user. The blind 10/10's piss me off more. Some of them even mention flaws and yet still rate 10/10.

same here, few duplicates of current expansions too.

I pre ordered DBK, Dragon King and Gorm from the kickstarter but since getting 1.5 I'm so thirsty for more content now.

In the EU warehouse poots has slendy, Lion God, Lonely Tree and Spidicules.

I'm considering Slendy pretty heavily, anyone wanna sell me on the others?

Also anyone know how long it takes to get something I order from that warehouse?

Honestly wish I can sell you on the others. Spidicules has great ideas but is a waste of money, especially at the price.

Lion God might be good when Silver City comes out. Not sure if they're seperate.

Slenderman removes the most unfun Nemesis from core game.

>Not sure if they're seperate.
You literally need Lion God to use Silver City.

>Slenderman removes the most unfun Nemesis from core game.
And he's pretty entertaining on his own!

Ok cool, cheers for the advice, will probably order it tomorrow, I've gotta say though, while it is punishing, I actually like the Kingsman fight. I can understand why some people might find it boring to fight but I just think the way it fights (very predictably) makes sense for a seemingly well trained knight who systematically goes to settlements and does pop control. Also I think it does a great job of teaching the importance of positioning because while I feel like the lion, antelope and butcher do that a bit,this is the first fight in the game where poor positioning will straight up murder you.

I dunno know, maybe it'll grate on me after i fight it a few more times, I'm at LY 12 and planning on getting slendy once I beat the GSK anyway so who knows.

Cheers though for the advice

Anyone up to pitch personal "expansions in this game" layouts?

Was there any changes to the Showdown Story Event of White Lion? Namely level 2 rewards is of personal interest to me right now.

do most people prefer the plain or stone face base for your minis? i kinda like the idea of having the starting survivors use the stone faces but my ocd would kinda want everything that way then and i dont have them, and didnt grab extras from the KS.

>i dont have them, and didnt grab extras from the KS.
>my autism prevents me from enjoying simple nuances

Have you considered crafting your own tiny faces and then gluing them to the bases?

He's not wrong, you know.

>implying sprues do not provide superior details on models

It’s a game advertised for hobbyist

Getting mad about that

It’s your own fault- put together your minis you stupid fuck

>Being a hamfisted retard.
>Buying a 400 dollar game that's mostly sold on the cool Minis.
>"He's not wrong that gluing together plastic is really hard! I'll never have the chance to play my 400 dollar boardgame because of glue!"
>Implying we don't warn everyone who's buying in that they'll have to build minis.
>Implying building minis (plastic minis no less, the easiest of all) can be difficult.
It's like all these retards being all "I fucked up my GSK with plastic cement halp!"

McFucking Kill Yourselves.

I don't have
>Lion God
(Trash)
>Slenderman
Decently cool. I'll get him one day I'm sure.
>Sun Stalker
Didn't find his campaign cool and the model is poo. I'm only interested in the gear so he's on a backburner. Not sure if I'll ever get him.
>Lonely Tree
lmao imagine paying for that piece of dog shit

Dragon is obviously the best. Comes with 2 different guys with the Tyrant so that's cool.
I like Manhunter. He's balling.
All the knights are pretty cool too.

Gorm model sucks dicks.

When was that ever implied?

how do you fuck up Gold Smoke Knight? Just dry-fit shit. the Intimacy Couple is the true Worst Kit. Pheonix a close second.

Your reddit spacing is showing

The other poster said the quy quoted wasn't wrong when he said KD should have used "more modern" processes. If they had used the CMON method their models would be less impressive. Therefore, he is wrong because using "more modern" methods does not create an objectively better final product.

who goes on the bases with all the faces and not all the faces?

whomever you damn well please. Personally, I put the first Four on the faces, then save the rest for appropriately memorable survivor builds. Such as Jungle Jane, who was the only Survivor to avoid a Lion's Roar. She had a Skull Helm and Bone Dagger. Then died.

Does anyone have a link/file for a fan expansion where you play as people of the hive or something like that? I remember seeing it in the general when the 2nd kickstarter was up, but I can't find it now

img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1485/33/1485331647928.pdf This one?

>t. triggered stockholm syndrome victims

Your strawman is showing.

This is a board for traditional gamers and hobbyist. not casuals who got into a game because memes- do your research and know what you're getting into.

not doing so is your own fault, and being upset about it to the point of saying the game deserves a low rating for it is borderline retarded.

not saying this game is the best thing ever, but that is some of the dumbest shit i have heard

>This is a board for traditional gamers and hobbyist. not casuals who got into a game because memes
Spoken like a true mouthbreathing idiot. What fucking memes are you even on about, dude?

I'd consider KD a 7/10 experience so I can see why somebody would rate it a 5/10 if they're personally opposed to the time investment it requires.

>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1485/33/1485331647928.pdf
That's the one! Thanks

Aw poorfag , For what you get in the box it is relatively cheap compared to other games. If the company that made Catan made Kingdom Death they would want 1000+ judging by what comes in the Catan box for the price tag. The game is most definitely worth the price , and if your too stupid or lazy to build the miniatures which is actually fun , then don't buy it. But don't believe for a second it isn't worth it

>replies to a post about stockholm syndrome by attempting to validate his investment
So do you just go around and assume everyone who disagrees with your opinions is poor?

I don't have to validate my purchase you stunned cunt , I am putting it into laymans terms that a pleb like you can understand because you probably have catan and 3 expansions on the shelf you faggot

0/10

user from the "our settlement never loses, this game is so easy" party in the last thread reporting back.

As foretold by fellow Anons, where the Lion, Antelope, and Butcher could not teach respect, King's Man has taught fear.

We got laughably ruined by King's Man and now all they can talk about is making as much defensive gear as possible in anticipation of his looming Lv.2 return.

Thanks user!

>Resisting the King's Man
For why?

It's not nearly as devastating anymore; his regular fight will be at L1 after a resist in 1.5, so if he's gonna kill 4+ survivors you might as well send out team trash looking for a miracle.

Oh yeah, that's a fair point! I forgot about that change in 1.5

We didn' resist. They chose to execute a survivor with a Destroyed Back, so fuck it. We let them. This was his normal Lv.1 fight. We couldn't even scratch him. We all watched in horror as our best offensive punch was shrugged off amd brutally punished. And I mean brutally. We have the Butcher's Cleaver and we wore through the pressure and as we wound up for what we thought was gonna be a rousing game of Return Fire we pulled the trap. Their exact words were, "I feel like it's toying with us."

>Their exact words were, "I feel like it's toying with us."
Isn't that exactly what it's doing, or am I thinking of the Hand?

You're thinking of Hand, he is literally toying with Survivors.

I don't like Gorm much either. I REALLY like Spidicules as my early hunt. Gorm is just all around... "better" but you have to basically hunt it exclusively all early game if you want to make use of any of it/get rid of Gorm Climate.

Gorm armor is heavy but the weapons and potions are still nice. I prefer Spid/FK/DBK OR Spid/Slenderman for hard mode. Slenderman has a lot of fun ties to a PotSu thematically (light vs shadow) and also pops up and threatens your entire campaign. Lunatic mode is farming it with Heart Flute. Spid because it has great synergy with PotSu and Slenderman anyway. Water Training innovation gives Legendary Lungs which helps fight Slendy and Slendy has the only other Katana in the game if you want to use the Katana specialization.

Katana specialization is garbage, however. It's a completely worse version of Twilight Sword specialization.

>Adding an extra Nemesis into People of the Sun
Brave man. Granted, Slendy is pretty awesome for that, in a thematic sense -- he's all about water, darkness, and forgetting while the Sun is all about water, light, and bonding; it's easy to see them as rivals.

Should I be able to assemble the minis with just this?

So that basically means next week for me, I guess.

If anyone needs to ask what kind of bonding agent they should be using for plastic models, they shouldn't ever be using plastic cement.

Just get Super Glue brand superglue gel. You're mistakes will thank you later.

Thanks duder.

Piss off with your elitist "plastic cement for experienced users only" attitude. I assembled my first minis ever (KDM prologue) with plastic cement. Watched one video to understand the application technique. I didn't rush and everything was fine.

Oh FUCK I completely forgot that YT tutorials are a thing, Jesus fuck.

>these fucking sleeves are being sold on their website
>meanwhile nobody will actually get them ever

Congratulations. You're not brain dead. Unfortunately half of the KDM fanbase seems to be.

this shit happened and in the two activations they had left before the Lion took his turn, they pulled the trap BOTH TIMES.

then it pulled "Lick Wounds," ran into a nearby grass terrain, and fucking died.

whole group felt sad.

It's hardly elitist to tell people not to use a difficult tool.
>"if anyone needs to ask"
>looked up tutorial.

Congrats, you didn't need to ask. You instead sought the answers yourself.

Besides that, superglue gel is a great tool anyway. Also doesn't run the risk if permanently marking your models with fingerprints should you get some on your hand.

So many risks with plastic cement that hardly outweigh the "permanent weld" feature.

FUCKING MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Which nemesis does Lion Knight replace in the timeline, King’s Man or 「 ザ・ハンド 」?

He just shows up and shoves culture into the shitty philistine dumpster fire you call a settlement.

I already looked up a bunch of stuff, I was asking you guys because I knew you would give me the hard truth in the most blunt manner possible.

What's the difference between the two different bases at each size that come in base? On is matte on one side and the other has a stupid "i love poots" eagle. Is there an intended use for them, or is it purely aesthetic?

Has it been announced when the updated 1.0 expansions will be re released?

Are the models going to be hard plastic now or still resin? (At least I think the original expansions came resin)

Plastic glue would make my life so much easier.

After wave 2 of 1.5 KS is shipped which should be around January so maybe around Easter?

Thanks mate

>Blogpost

Received an e-mail that the 1.5 update has shipped. Also got a note that a 28mm MDF oil-rig that I backed on KS has shipped too, by a different courier.

>Doorbell rings.
Thought it would be the MDF stuff... tell them I'll be right down and go to get the box... which is the KD one....

>Take it back up and sit down.

>Doorbell rings again.

Damned KS are ganging up on me....

sounds like a happy ending user :)

It's a two part base. The blank discs and stone faces are inserts for the eagle bases.
You don't have to use the eagle bases - inserts alone are sufficient - but they do provide a more finished look.
Can also magnetize the two and paint the eagle base in different colors (one red, another blue, etc) so players can easily identify which character they are controlling in any fight. Useful if your players are idiots or figures/gear/characters get swapped around often.

Original expansions were plastic, though some of the monsters were available in resin without game content.

Thanks.

>updated
They are not. Just a reprint.

Well, at least they turned up on my day off, not when I was at work. Both used couriers, rather than standard mail, so it would have been a real pain to get them re-delivered.

Starting to think I should do unboxing, but I lack the right gear at the moment.

>not backing paladin
lmao

Yes. As long as they're not the resin ones. Just take the same care that you would with any plastic minis ('cause it's poly cement, savy?).

Any word on scans?

Do you gain endeavours from Graves after a nemesis showdown? i.e. do I gain 8 endeavours after being assraped by The Hand?

Got the confirmation mail that it's on its way.
YIIIIIIIIISS

Where you from?

Same here. Finally.
German here.

HALLOWEEN PINUP AND WS IN STOCK RIGHT NOW
GET THEM FAST

If you resist him, ie, trigger The Hand from story event, you get four.

If you got Handed over from the actual nemesis encounter on timeline, you get eight.

Anyone from EU (not germany, Austria or UK) got any news? Didnt Poots say that delivery were delayed only for the german part?

>Well then.

>Have a successful and exciting fight with level 2 Flower Knight. Succeed in every imaginable way, but not in the way how utterly stomping the quarry doesn't feel very satisfying.

>Return to settlement.

>Start to update timeline.
>The year I thought I was playing was marked already.

>Should have been 9, so... erase the whole goddamn fight and start to prepare a fight against King's Man instead.

I feel like crying.

My life is pure living pain at the moment.
Working like a dog the last 2 months because of lack of staff.
Comfort myself that KDM 1.5 box is on it's way, excited to be able to focus on something that isn't work.
Checked my tracking number last Monday.
>"FAILED ATTEMPT" Your parcel is on its way back to Bleep Ltd.
Contacted support to help me find out what is going on,
They help me and we find out that there was some human error that happened.

How long do you guys think it will take my game being shipped again?