Wasn't there goning to be an RPG based on the Expanse?

At some point? Or has it disappeared, like the BSG RPG?

Other urls found in this thread:

barnesandnoble.com/blog/sci-fi-fantasy/the-evolution-of-james-s-a-coreys-space-epic-the-expanse/?st=AFF&SID=BNB_DRS_Evergreen_20150928&2sid=Skimlinks_5431261_NA&sourceId=AFFSkimlinksM000006
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just use GURPS.

The Expanse is actually based on an RPG.

Ty Franck ran a sci-fi game when he wasn't cleaning food crumbs out of Gurm's fat folds. Dan Abraham loved his setting so much he asked if Franck wanted to team up and write stories about it. This resulted in the books, which resulted in the show.

I is this true?

Yes, I can confirm this is true since you're too lazy to use google.

I've played an Expanse game in Mythras and it went really well. Pic related, we just changed some of the names around.

What would the setting be? Pre-Leviathan Wakes status quo with the fragile Earth-Mars alliance?
Post-Abaddon's Gate, with a new frontier opening?
Post-Babylon's Ashes, with a ruined Earth, depopulated Mars, a massive migration of the human race and a new looming threat?

Between Leviathan Wakes and Caliban's War. Massive inter-faction tensions, Protogen still being a thing in the shadows, the looming apocalypse at Venus, the Roci being an easily accessible plot device, etc. It would the perfect RPG setting, especially with the timeline moving into Abandon's Gate.

I want to fuck Avasarala’s voice.

>Avasarala’
You want to fuck chain-smoking-throat-cancer? That's not healthy, dude.

I would pay Auntie Raan to read me the phonebook.

I still want to know what system they were using. I heard it was a D10 dice pool like WotD.

I want to fuck Avarasala, period.

this is basically why the surviving crew of the Canterbury are all like a DnD group, with Holden being a ex military fighter type, Amos an engineer, Naomi a hacker, Alex the pilot and Shed the doctor

this is also why Shed ended up dying iirc, he died in the game too

>posting a spoiler without putting it in spoiler text

REEEEE

>The Series after Abaddon's Gate

barnesandnoble.com/blog/sci-fi-fantasy/the-evolution-of-james-s-a-coreys-space-epic-the-expanse/?st=AFF&SID=BNB_DRS_Evergreen_20150928&2sid=Skimlinks_5431261_NA&sourceId=AFFSkimlinksM000006

Pretty sure it was going to be an MMO

Only read as far as Cibola Burn but I thought it was pretty good, what's your problem with the later books?

Cibola burns suffers from being a very similar story to AG, but with worse characters,
more alien bullshit and a terrible villain. Cibola burn also leads to the problem in Nemesis Games.
Nemesis Games is bad because The villian is a cartoonishly evil madman who fricking slams meteors into earth killing billions and making most of the planet inhabitable. It wouldn't be so bad but his motivations are shoddy, there is no way to stop him (and no attempt to by the UN Navy who apparently forgot to do anything), he comes out of nowhere and has a huge amount of power, wealth and ships despite being a fringe terrorist faction. Another problem is the PoV characters, in my opinion the book ruins Naomi and Alex has a non-existent plot so they put Bobbie with him, a character I don't like.

>not liking Bobbie

She should have been more like Vasquez instead of two steps away from having an emotional breakdown all the time.

Thats what female soldiers are like though.

Come on, Bobbie in the books is just a writer fetish character. I dunno if she has a single chapter where she isn't sexualized in some way or form.

TV!Bobbie is the best tho.

Why do I dislike Bobbie?

It's simple

Avarasala serves a purpose, Prax serves a purpose. Bobbie very very quickly gets over her squad's death and I hate the trope of a character solely focusing on revenge.
The first Protomolecule monster bobbie fought almost killed her, and wiped out her entire squad + the earth squad without taking a scratch. How Bobbie went from not damaging one to killing it without any training to fighting them is amazingly unrealistic.

It was explained in the book: she switched to incendiary ammo and the protomolecule didn't like the fire (that was also the idea behind their incendiary bomb kill-switch).

did the books explain why Bobbie is apparently super attractive to every guy?

There was supposed to be one, it got cancelled, now Green Ronin is working on making a new one. Unfortunately, it'll be for the godawful AGE system they keep trying to push in some retarded hope it'll become the new D&D.

You picked the wrong board to ask why people an amazon wouldn't be instantly attractive to everyone.

One of the writers has a giantess fetish and some repressed mommy issues. The reason why Bobbie is so hot in the books is characters having giantess fetish and repressed mommy issues. I kid you not here.

Bobbie reminds me of a puppy, she's cute but also really loud and dumb.

>super attractive to every guy?
Pretty sure it's only Holden and Alex that are attracted to her and that because she fits one of each of their fetishes (Polynesian women for Holden/ Amazons for Alex)

If I were Shed's player I'd have been fucking pissed.

As someone who has not read the books: what’s up with mixed girl and that one Indian kid’s neck tats? They look like that one OPA guy’s scars.

OPA tats. Basically the in-universe version of waving around a "Don't Tread On Me" flag.

Shed's player quit the game, that's why the character died so abruptly.

>Expanse MMO

I'd play it. What faction would you go, Veeky Forums?

>OPA>Mickeys and Earthcucks

Earth for the gains. Or Protogen for the edge.

Mars, because I like their whole aesthetic. Plus it increases the odds of nuking Belters

Nemesis Games is my second favorite of the series

no.

Earth would be my second choice. Sure most of it's society are NEETs but the ones who aren't are always pretty solid.