/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/whatever-happened-to-my-transylvania-twist-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Some physical Tilts like Blindness are permanent if they are inflicted by aggravated damages, can Mend in Awakening 2E heal these with the reach to heal aggravated damages?
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/

Other urls found in this thread:

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Keening_(VTM)
forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/of-family-friends-and-hunting-original-story-set-in-the-new-world-of-darkness.42867/
youtube.com/watch?v=HAom8ws8qp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Mage Supremacy

Second for hoping that chadwolf player gets laid.

>Thread Question
According to the Tilt descriptions, "If the damage inflicted is aggravated the character loses vision in that eye/the use of his arm/hearing in the ear/use of his leg permanently".

At that point, RAW you'd need Life 4's Regeneration spell, safely relinquished, to get your arm back.

Which is pretty retarded.

We are so cucked

I just houserule that indefinite duration for regen = relenquishment.

Seconded.

Who has a link to the best PDF of Beckett's diary?

That's maybe a bit overkill, I would just make a ruling spell of life healing physical persistent conditions that can be made lasting with reach as usual.

>Letting a Ruling spell heal a literal lost eyeball
No dice, user.
Ruling can boost natural healing times, but it can't let you grow back stuff that wouldn't grow back in the first place.

That requires Weaving to grant the individual a quality they do not have.
Capacity for full biological regeneration of lost organs.

This is a nice way to handle it. Indefinite duration is already -10 dice, and Regen has those nasty potency requirements as well.

Perfecting would probably be fine too because that's the practice used to repair stuff.
But yeah ruling is not good because the rules of creative thamaturge states that removing persistents conditions need at least a Ruling spell and instant healing needs patterning or perfecting.

Honestly what we need is a Perfecting spell healing mutilations and using that table.
Something like :

Calanda's Miracle:
Life 4
Perfecting or Weaving
Heals persistent physical conditions
Primary Factor : Potency (because it uses the same table as regen)
Lasting with +2 Reach

How would North Korea fit into a WoD campaign

Demon: The Descent: The Setting.

Perfecting and Weaving are 3 dots.

stop projecting

>Platonic Form
>Make an item that stores mana and fill it with mana as a part of the casting
>Make it your praxis
>Cast with exceptional success (3 successes are ez when casting as ritual)
>Choose to restore mana
>Have an item full of mana while spending 0 mana
Am I missing something here?

Nope. RAW you can also do as a Legacy Attainment and get it reduced down to 1 mana without even rolling.

Which is why I write that functionality out in all of my Platonic Form Attainments.

I just followed the rules of creative thaumaturgy, you need at least ruling to remove persistent conditions and weaving or perfecting to instant-heal.
That spell is only healing permanent tilts like blindess, you don't heal damages like Mend or Regen.

Is it time to reinstall Bloodlines?

I'm playing in pagan arabia, Muhammad is soon gonna appear and the old islam dark ages book doesn't do a very good work at explaining what the fuck this shit is supposed to be:
whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Keening_(VTM)

I like the concept and I'm keeping it (might also be a good excuse to get players out of Arabia to more parts of the ME with more activity) but I want to know what could be causing this effect.

The Moon God imprisoned in the stone.

It always is but I never get past-santa monica since I finished the game for the first time

I did two complete runs. In one I sided with camarilla(tremere) and in other Anarchs(ventrue). I think I need to run malkavian now

Who is the Moon God?

I'm the guy who was asking for fae being vampirized on the other thread. The Fae Vampire would be Allah/Yahweh (maybe just the Archangel), brought in the Ark of the Covenant from Ethiopia by Nosferatu and Salubri on their intent to purge the infernalist Malkavians of Meca during the Year of the Elephant. [Spoiler]I am going too far?[/spoiler]

>whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Keening_(VTM)

BJD diary also suggests the Keening is the screams of a 2nd gen or similar vampire.

>2nd gen

They're dead, Jim.

Is "Occult Physics" valid Paradigm in Ascension?

I bet you also think there was only 3...

Sweet sweet summer child.

Hey, me again, forgot to drop this last thread.
I should have a third chapter up by the end of today!
forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/of-family-friends-and-hunting-original-story-set-in-the-new-world-of-darkness.42867/

That is not dead which etc etc etc...

can anyone help me pretty please

Fix your fucking formatting.

As dead as Lasombra, Tzimisce, Malkav, Ilyes, Set, Ventru, and Saulot.

2nd generation is quite well known for getting offed by the 3rd gen. Caine never embraced more than 3: Enoch, Irad and Zillah.

Lilith's ramblings =/= truth.

Elaborate

Don't forget Ennoia.

>when you git so gut at Protean you become the planet

Why are changelings retards that think all other splats are changelings in denial?

My first and only finished run was Malkavian (I got bombed by Jack)

You'd think the Autumn Court would know better.

Even the other splats aren't so self deluded.

I want to mock you but I've got my ghoul kidnaped by sabbat so who am I to talk

Was she supposed to be dead? I thought she was dirt napping all Common Era.

IIRC most vampires thought she was dead, maybe even killed by another antediluvian.

Any clue on which one of them? Also why the fuck did he start screaming precisely when Muhammad came back to Meca from Madina?

Having more than three is lame unless we're talking about some dude "recently" embraced by Caine for whatever reason.

Lost don't think that. Kithain? Not so sure about it.

Occult Physics, the weird Bethesda like glitches in reality God-Machine uses for Its Occult Matrixes.

Lost dindu nuffin. Kithain are retards who can't deal with the real world or the consequences of their actions

p540
>They claim the Keening is the perpetual scream of Enosch’s sister, Zillah, trapped beneath >Mecca.

Oh, yeah definitely. Virtual Adepts hack reality n' shiet

Could it be acceptable/compatible with Technocracy's Enlightened Science since it works on fringe case anomalies?

How is your wife's boyfriend doing?

Probably not.

What's Union's policy on Jungian "Collective Unconscious"?

Nah, can only see happening in virtual adepts, virtual adepts crosstraditions or other technomancer groups from other tradtions/craft

Who is was the "Ascension Warrior" in oWoD?

ur mum m8

>ur mum m8
This is a valid paradigm in mage.

Depends on the splat.
>Demon
NK is basically a country-wide piece of infrastructure. A good piece of Hell for morally dubious Integrators, a hostile territory for everyone else. Abnormally high number of stigmatics in government and law enforcement.
>Vampire
Carthians gone wrong. Extreme hunger for the vampires not in power, ruling class gets militias of ghouls patrolling the streets at night, busting illegal feeders and dragging them off to be diablerized. Ruling elite probably embraces just to feed on their own kin.
No idea about the other splats for now, but it kind of writes itself

Personally I like the idea that the Black Stone is a shard of hell or some-such, and Allah is a particularly mighty Earthbound. Or there's something in the Black Stone that either emits constant psychic screams or causes intense suffering for the dead/spirits of Saudi Arabia.

that would mean the god in the bible is also a demon.

Is there a pdf with Vampire The Eternal Struggle art?

wouldn't that literally be the consensus?

Presumably because it was that moment that Mecca became holy ground, and therefore painful

If it was part of what was being worshipped, why would the holy ground be painful to it?

So a forsaken fag here.

Last nigh on my game the PC pack got challenged for a part of their territory by another forsaken pack.

The alpha, a Rahu, choose 1 on 1 duel. I am wondering how duels work in Forsaken? Because Gauru form heals all lethal and bashing each turn and the uratha dont faint on anything. They just fill aggravated until they die. (which considering they are both Rahu´s they are dealing 20 damage in grapples per turn)

Hey I'm American

Because in oWoD only the Judeo-Abrahamic god has power, so when big Mo repurposed the Kaaba from pagan to holy the vampire suffered

"Allah" is supposed to be same as "Judeo Christian God"

If they chose what the challenge is going to be, you get to choose what it consists of.
They chose a 1v1 duel, you get to establish the rules of the duel.
Make it a foot race.

That's what that post implies.

Though, that said, Allah and Yahweh don't have to be one and the same in your games. Considering Islam's origins it's not a bad tweest for Allah to be something else masquerading as the Abrahamic God.

Can vampires "outrun" the sun to stay awake? When the sun rises they succumb to the daysleep, but what if the sun doesn't rise (ala something like 30 Days of Night), or if the vampire takes a private jet around the globe, or somehow transports themselves to the other side of the world? Do they still need to sleep?

I just had a thought.

Let's say a Demon's Cover was as a Hunter and of a prominent Conspiracy. Would that give them potential access to the Endowments of these Covers?

>Can vampires "outrun" the sun to stay awake?

Can't speak for anything but VtM... but in theory, yes. That said, the constant expenses to do such a thing will not be cheap (flying around the world 24/7 and hoping there won't be any delays, and you'd have to refuel, etc), and there's the fact that it limits what a vampire can do, since they'd be trapped on board a plane.

>what if the sun doesn't rise (ala something like 30 Days of Night)

Then they could stay up because the sun's rays wouldn't reach over the horizon, but during the day hours when it might *seem* like the sun is about to rise over the horizon, I'd rule that the vampires might get jittery and nervous, as I imagine their instincts would be screaming at them that it's time to dig in for the night, even though they know that the sun won't actually rise above the horizon.

>somehow transports themselves to the other side of the world?

That'd likely be a thaumaturgical ritual, and fairly expensive in terms of blood or reagents... But hey, if it worked, then yeah, they wouldn't suffer day fatigue I reckon.

What if a vampire builds a secret base on the dark side of the moon? Would they get day sleep if they were there?

You don't know how the dark side of the moon works, do you?
It's not seen from the earth, it still gets plenty of sun.

Ah, fuck.

true faith works with any belief, iirc

>true faith works with any belief, iirc

Yep. As an example, in one of the books, it's mentioned that a man who has enough faith (believing with all of his heart) in the concept of money can ward off vampires (and cause harm to them) by using something like a credit card as a symbol for his faith.

It's not about WHAT they believe in, but just how much faith that particular person possesses. And it's not enough to be like "Yeah, sure, I believe", they have to be at the stage where their belief will weather the blows of logic or doubt alike. Those who use True Faith are always fanatics, regardless of what they are fanatic about.

That said, do keep in mind that the World of Darkness is meant to be, big surprise, a world of DARKNESS. Meaning, there's much less hope, joy and, of course, faith than in the real world. So, True Faith is not common.

youtube.com/watch?v=HAom8ws8qp4
Always relevant.

Also
>when you look for a popular video and witness a masquerade violation

>Yep. As an example, in one of the books, it's mentioned that a man who has enough faith (believing with all of his heart) in the concept of money can ward off vampires (and cause harm to them) by using something like a credit card as a symbol for his faith.

It should be noted that True Faith feats like that require a certain type of faith, too. It's not enough to believe money makes the world go round or that money is better than morality or to put all your hopes in money. You have to actually believe that money is metaphysical force capable of protecting you from evil in that sense. You have to believe that waving your credit card in a vampire's face will make it run away.

>just played my first ever session of Awakening 2e
>it was fucking great
You guys all lied to me. This game is amazing.

It all depends on your group, user.

It's funny you say that because all the guys except the ST are from here.

Wow it's that game?
What characters did you all make?

Me and one of the others have already talked about our characters on here a bit. Mine was the career criminal-turned-Mystagogue Mastigos focused on Space and his was the scholarly Orbimos focused on Prime who wants to study the Supernal. Also a Mystagogue. The other other guy is an Acanthus focused on Fate, has a gambling motif, and joined the Mysterium after a falling out with his Libertine mentor.

It's all pretty good stuff. The ST is really good, opened with a tense hooking scene where we got to flex our magic muscles and play through a series of high-stress emotions and interactions, and we were the only three people (confirmed) to be in the scene. How our characters handled it and played off each other really made their personalities shine though. I'm doing a write-up of it since 2e has not even one complete Actual Play.

>career criminal-turned-Mystagogue Mastigos focused on Space
Muh Mystagogue, that was my last character too

>Virgin Exarch and Chad True Fae

>Chad Exarch and Virgin True Fae

Pretty sure it was put in the mega.

Anyone else try the character sheets on roll20? I made a Hunter the Reckoning game and the sheet looks nothing like the preview. There's no dots and styling in the html is missing.

Are you a fag in real life, fagness

>Chad Exarch and Virgin True Fae
checked and keked

Virgin Exarch:
>was once a man
>trapped in Supernal where they are completely safe from mortal meddling
>too great to care for individual humans. wants to oppress humanity
>all might in the world no observable influence on a Story or Chronicle
>too "great" to become a mere human again (literally just can't undo it)

Chad True Fae:
>was always narcissistic abusive cockroach spawned spontaneously outta nowhere
>drags their entire self out into the Ironside, daring every passerby to kill them with cold iron, just to grab someone by their balls or pussy
>doesn't give a shitfuck about humanity. just wants to enjoy particular individuals
>isn't omnipotent in Ironside but even weakest can throw entire Chronicle's themes and narrative on its head
>can voluntarily become a human if becomes sufficiently interested in qualities of a mortal individual

Speaking of Mage the Awakening -

My group has expressed an interest in adding an NPC to their Cabal, since there are only 3 of them. I don't really want to add another Mage to their group, though, since they've only just reached the Adept level and aren't quite skilled enough to take on apprentices, and I don't know if I want to give them another Mage of the same power level because I want the NPC to have a good reason to typically defer to the PCs on matters of Magic.

So I'm thinking about throwing another supernatural type into their group, but I'm not sure what would jive best with them. We have a Moros (with Fate), A Mastigos (with Time) and a Thyrsis in the group now, and the game is set in rural Appalachia. My first thoughts were either a Werewolf or a Sin-Eater, but since this is 2e I don't know if I want to homebrew a Sin-Eater to work, and I'm having trouble coming up with a good reason for a Werewolf to be without a pack and hanging out with a bunch of Mages all the time...

Anybody have any ideas or recommendations of other splat types (major or minor templates) that have worked well with Mages in your games? Ideally someone who could help the group out in the field (especially in combat, as none of the PCs are specifically combat focused) without overshadowing any of the PCs in other things.

>lone werewolf
ghost wolf, or something like they "adopt" the cabal as their pack

I could see a vampire working out at least ok

Throw them a Proximus.

Give 'em a Demon. Mages love Demons.

They're great for removing and inserting from a campaign as needs be, too. Want your Demon NPC gone for an indeterminate amount of time, maybe forever? Have the situation necessitate that they Go Loud in a badass scene, then leave their fate afterward ambiguous. If you need them again, they can turn up with a new Cover suited to the new role you have for them in the story.

Beast, They are the crossover splat after all.