>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BHfE682mm3c
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007TG65M/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8
games-workshop.com/en-CA/Citadel-Layer-Paint-Set-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for the Realms belong to the trees, and all you fleshy types need to leaf.

>flesh
Try again, faggo

Just you try it forgefuel, I've got my ax ready to chop some fire wood.

I cannot take such a goofy sculpt seriously.

Disspossessed are a cool faction but their older models are buttfuck ugly.

You take that back

Pepsi Max is such a dwarf-player drink

Goofy Duardin are the best.

On occasion I paint and model while drinking Ale, but needless to say when knives get involved, I start to reach sketchy ground.

I actually prefer Dr Pepper, its just my closest shop doesn't always have packs of 24 Dr Peppers

He looks decent unpainted. Perhaps it's just user's mediocre paint job.

>Tfw FW still hasn't put out a new rule book with Black Orruk slaves, K'Daii destroyers, and various other awesome Chaos Dwarf units
>but hey at least we get more Horus Heresy marines!

The only guy that shouts about goblins and vampires more than warhammer players

Right now the only older sculpts I have painted are the cannon crew. After spending so long painting the Ironbreakers and Longbeards, I think I have been a little spoiled by their high quality beards which just make the models look great, so I have no idea how the thunderers and warriors are going to turn out.

Nice crewdwarfs user.

Generally speaking, how many models does it take to make a decently sized Karahadron Overlords army?

They look kind of cool, but I don't really want to start them if they take too many models to paint.

Pretty good crew

I wish I could paint that well.
I am always afraid that washes and shades will ruin my model.

What are your guys's thoughts on the Vostarg Lodge battalion for Fyreslayers? Is it viable for tournament play?

I disagree, they can be very pretty with the right scheme.

The trees taste awful though

Aka the one guy who didn’t need a price drop got a price drop in ghb2017

Which army best fits this theme?
youtube.com/watch?v=BHfE682mm3c

Salt much bro? Glorious humans for life!

Fairly low count of models. I usually have two frigates with ten arkanaut company on each as well as a ironclad with a mix of fifteen heroes and/or troops, at which point I fill up on independent units like endrinriggers.
Now if only skywardens and gunhaulers weren't such garbage.

We don't even get Horus Heresy Marines any more.

Weird thread RP aside, he was nearly auto include before and now he’s even better

They were the first Dwarfs I done. The stuff I painted before them was no where near as clean looking, but instead of being afraid to try new things, I decided to give it a shot.

I was a bit anxious my first ever time using shades, but once I got used to it, now it is one of my favourite bits, since it takes a fairly bland looking basecoat, and instantly adds depth. After that, you just have to figure out what bits to paint over to clean up, and what bits to leave.
Just make sure to shake the shades well, don't put it on straight from the bottle so you can control how much you are using, and give it plenty of time to dry.
Also don't be afraid to post stuff here or on /wip/. This is Veeky Forums, so people might be cunts, but they are HELPFUL cunts.
Also, watch Duncan videos. They have loads of useful tips and hints. You do not have to follow them exactly (I personally think he ruins Dryads with drybrushing, for example), but pretty much everything he shows you is useful.

I don't think I am a particularly great painter by any means. if only because I think anyone could paint just as well if they taken as long as I do, the hardest part is for someone to convince themselves to try.

It's a bottle of crown royal maple flavour, google it

So on a more interesting note, Phil Kelly has commented that the stormhosts have different flaws that come up to surface when they undergo multiple reforgings. This they plan to include in their rules in the future when they feel they've been mauled enough.

Those are bloody beautiful user. I love the gold and blue and the bases work so well with the colour scheme.

I had heard that happened in the fluff, if they're going to be putting that in the rules too that'll be really good... give them some more flavor that differentiates them from Spess Mehreens. Not that it'll affect me too much, since my skeletons and I march for Nagash

Curious how that'll work out. Celestial Warbringers that become immune to battleshock? Lightning-radiating Hallowed Knights?
Anything else interesting in the interview so far? I'm at work, so I can't watch the stream.

Slave of Darkness - undivided

I usually cant decide on which army to build and like many models so I decided to get some slaves to darkness for the start. then mix some skaven because I like skavens (they are cute. rats are cute animals) and maybe even throw some daemons of nurgle in the mix and get a multiculti nurgle army. how does it sound? would they look weird on the table skavens next to chaos warriors?

Thanks. I wanted them to stand out from the rest of the army, which is darker.
Idea being, since their rules means more often than not they will be someone in the centre of the army, it would look pretty nice. Also because I wanted to call them Golden Oldies.

I quickly painted up an old plastic mountain for Armies on Parade, and accidentally realised the contrast actually made an okay composition.

I am a bit concerned as to how they will look compared to things like Dwarf Warriors though, as my plan for them is to have different colour shirts like the cannon crew, with their shields being Blue and Silver to make them fit in.
My concern is the army will not look as tied together as I initially hoped, but I guess I will see how that turns out when it is done.

So GW actually wants to support the Shadespire system. Neat

How do you guys suggest shading and washing my Dwarfs? I only have Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade.

Those two washes can be used on almost any colour really. Do you have an example of how your Dwarfs are so far?
What colours do they use?

If they are allappropriately disgusting, they'll look fine together.

My 1000 pt list is 23 models? 2x10 Arkanauts for battleline, Ironclad, Admiral, and Endrinmaster.

Reminder that Conan the Barbarian (1982) is literally the story of a Chaos Marauder pledge to Khorne that seek vengeance after a Slaaneshi Chaos Lord slaughter his village and put him to slavery

Ah yes, the party boat strategy.
Best part is, if you go the Skyport thats lets you have the deep strike Endrinwork, you can still keep it as a 1 drop army up to 2000 points without any difficulty.

>Now if only skywardens and gunhaulers weren't such garbage.
They could make both of them better by simply giving the Skywardens a rule that let them embark on Gunhaulers.

Even if they only let you have one unit per gunhauler, it would not make either of them overpowered, yet make them worth taking together on occasion.

What I would do is thin some Nuln Oil with Lahmian Medium (if you dont have any, Water will do), at about a 1:1 ratio and put it on the beard.

Pure Nuln Oil can go on the silver, the blue and the Axe Handle, while everything else should be Agrax Earthshade.

Don't just leave it after the wash though, paint back over it to brighten it back up, leaving recesses shaded.
You can leave the metal shaded, and only repaint the very edges if you like, as that gives the impression of a well oiled, sharp blade fairly nicely.

I think I found some job to paint some minis. how much should I charge for them? for a normal sized guy or for bigger monsters? I have no idea about pricing.

Agrax is the guile's theme of paint

I'd agree if agrax was more like the devlan mud of old. But I think agrax has a bit of green in it that messes things up.

Still a great general shade, though.

Yes, I'm glad that naked gingers and solid metal top hats have brought dignity to the dwarves.

I just got one of these unopened from a relative: amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007TG65M/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Is there any value in it? How much? I'm never going to play WFB, so I'd be willing to sell it. If I did trade it, it'd probably be for AoS Greenskins or 40k ork stuff. Any suggestions for how to offload this?

Try it. It's a great game and my friends can't wait for dwarves and skaven. It was a huge success in my area.

The online store I'm buying from has sold all the orc packs. Fortunately I prefer the skellies.

Been out of the loop on AoS lore but will Brets be coming back as some variation of 'Lileaths' new realm or are they just free peoples now? I know they just fucked off when they learned the truth but we didn't even get to see any of the Bret nobility's last stand.

Currently the surviving brets are fec and some of the stormcast

what truth

That she was the lady of the lake and Bretonnian culture and identity was based off of deception

The Gunhauler is barely cheaper than a Frigate, but way, way worse in every regard.
And every situation a Skywarden might be useful in would be better handled by Endrinriggers.
Both of them are quite awful, though at least the Gunhauler could be fixed by a price drop to arund 160 to 180.

>Currently the surviving brets are fec
I think that's not true. FEC believe they are noble vampire knights iirc - not free people

So I wanna get into AoS with Deathrattle. I know regular Skellies are good for big blocks of units and Grave Guard tend to be better if you aren't planning on maxing a unit out, but how does everything work together? Deathrattle are better off just being a generic Death army, from what I've seen, since Skellies are Battleline anyways. With that in mind, what's good to bring with them?

Side note, is the Shadespire unit any good in AoS?

Honestly GW better keep Dispossessed around.
They provide a "good" army for people to play if they don't like steampunk or painting naked guys.

The Gunhauler is faster, and has an ability to buff its run.
Problem is, if you use it, you can't actually shoot, which seems a bit counter productive for such an expensive piece, but if it were able to carry Skywardens, it would at least serve a purpose of a speedy delivery system.

I personally would be happier with it being 180 points though. It costs the same as a cannon, except it does less damage.

The Sepulchral Guard is pure shit in AoS. Their warscroll is the worst of the four by far. Nothing they do couldn't be done better and cheaper by Skelletons. SCE and Ironjawz are both pretty good units and the Khornates at least can be thrown under the bus quickly for an easy bloodtithe point.
Kickass models though.

>Can't have SCE be outperformed!

Has anyone calculated how much these paint bundles save compared to buying it all separately?

games-workshop.com/en-CA/Citadel-Layer-Paint-Set-2017

They do look like they're trying to sit somewhere between regular Skellies and Grave Guard, but at 80 points they cost the same as 5 way better GG or 10 not-that-much-worse Skellies. You're right, and that's a damned shame. I was hoping they'd be a good jumping point for an army...

You are saving about £45, plus gaining a case.

Also, I can't believe how lazy you are that you couldn't be bothered to just multiply the cost of 1 paint by how many are in the box.

whats the point of launching a box when nobody can buy it. I literally havent seen anyone able to buy the spire of dawn in my region.

Spire of Dawn has been discontinued for weeks, they are just selling through what is left.
It was never a permanent box.

I meant since day 1 of the launch not since a few weeks

>I meant since day 1 of the launch not since a few weeks

like others have said, spire of dawn was a re-box of the contents from an old WHFB starter set. GW created some pretty flimsy fluff to shoe-horn it into the AOS setting and its not a good investment (except maybe for the rat fans)

I made a new Shadespire thread

What are you working on /aosg/?

What do you guys think of one of my Organ Gun crew? His name is Bjorn Ironblood and when not working with the war-machines, he likes to make toys for little Duardin children.

Working on Kroak, not sure if I should have his mask on or not. When I was first looking at pictures of Kroak I thought I'd do mask on for sure, but as I've painted it I've slowly started to like him with his mask off.

I agree.

What's the most optimal weapon set up for bullgors? greataxes or axe and a shield?

To be truthful, I would go for great-axes.
That extra rend is great.

Depends on what role you want them to fill, but a local guy plays them and i think -2 rend damage 3 weapons on Battleline is fucking brutal.

no mask, OSL glow on the eye sockets

Ah, Ironjawz are better IMO.

Name it warhammer underworlds, god-damnit it. I'm a lazy chucklefuck, I want to find all my vices with just typing one word, is it that hard you dense motherfucker?

One of my LGS has the Sylvaneth BB in stock, so I might finally settle on the Trees. The question now is how to paint them. What's a good scheme for a spooky fae forest?

Sorry I'll call the next thread "underworlds".

>and its not a good investment (except maybe for the rat fans)
Nigga what
>Buy the box for 220 coins (a start collecting box costs 200 in my country)
>Sell the rats part for 110
>Sell square bases for 40
>About 700pys of Aelves for 70 coins
That was the best fuckin deal ever and I made it two times. With the new free cities rules I can play mid-tier but really fun 1200pts army that costs less than a start collecting box

New to the game. Want to build free guild army. What's your recommended set up so I don't get curbstomped by everyone and their pet dog?

Play Stormcasts.

First get the general's handbook 2017.

Next build your way to a freeguild regiment battalion. That battalion is a good start for figuring out the direction you should go.

Painted up a unit of ironbreakers. These are pretty much warrior torsos with ironbreaker bits on them. I wanted to stretch out that kit as much as I could after making it into a unit of hammerers.

IN THE BOOK

Handgunners and greatswords are awesome. You can get both hitting on 2+ EZ

Neck yourself

what blues do you use?

THATS IT! Your going in the book! Page, fucking, one.

The blues are base coated with stegadon scale green. Then washed with agrax earthshade. Then layered with a 50:50 mix of stegadon scale green and temple guard blue. Then highlighted with temple guard blue.

I'm jelly. cant even find one box in my country let alone store. I would have been ok with getting either side of the army.

But, I like Stormcast...

Fuck you I asked for Free People.

very nice. heres mine. a bit plain without as much blue.

Not bad, they come out looking fairly natural.

Also, you turned Ironbreakers into hammerers?

Don't forget to buy rope with your stormcast.
To hang yourself faggot.

Brets are not free peoples.

No the app doesn't count, it hasn't been fully updated to GH2017.

The ironbreaker kit can me made either into hammerers or ironbreakers. I made the kit into hammerers, and had enough parts left over to make ironbreakers, without the torsos. So I canibalized some unpainted warriors to get the torsos i needed to make the ironbreakers.