Upcoming expansions:
> Spiteclaw's Swarm (Skaven)
> The Chosen Axes (Dwarves)
> The Farstriders
> Magore's Fiends

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DXwE1elTzp0
youtube.com/watch?v=LbaxfuknZWE
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/shadespire-deck-building-101-gw-homepage-post-4/
tga.community/forums/forum/132-shadespire/
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/224597/warhammer-underworlds-shadespire
reddit.com/r/WarhammerUnderworlds/
youtube.com/watch?v=_DSXFUTdnxI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm waiting for my core set and sepulchral guard to arrive. I've played another friend's copy and it was really fun. I don't care about the orcs and my friends will get the skaven and dwarves as soon as they'll come out.

Youll probably want the neutral cards from the orc set

I'm too lazy to look it up. I'll wait the digital library to check out the other cards. But I might get the orcs for another friend to play with and try the 4 pl game.

Setting
> youtube.com/watch?v=DXwE1elTzp0

Makes me think if Shadespire may be reuased for at least one more season. Would love to see a second set of suicidal adventurers/defenders before moving to, say, Hammerhal's undebelly.

inside sources tell me that the vanguard and blood warriors are coming in a combined box like the core set, that will include more tiles and the rules

Awesome. I was going to buy the warbands anyway and more tiles allow me to play the 4 pl game without repeating the same terrain.

The Skaven are next in line

youtube.com/watch?v=LbaxfuknZWE

Squee-hooray!

you need the orc cards m8

I want to play the game but FFS can they lay off with the boringcast and khorne

On the plus side, at least the next khorne warband has a doggo. The stormcast team will probably be just as boring as the first though.

The stormcast hunters will have a bird with them, its in their artwork.

That's cool! Do you have any pic? I liked the Champions in the core set. I'm trying to build a uber defensive deck to work with their upgrades and stats.

Got an idea for new units for your army?

I'd like to see freeguild rifledudes with bardiches; like the russian Streltsy. A dude using his bardiche as a rifle mount would look sweet.

freeguild aren't getting a warband ever

It might happen once we leave Shadespire.

for AoS gw is avoiding legacy armies because they're not easily copywriteable, by the nature of freeguild being loosely pike and shot era soldiery they won't see new models

look at fyreslayers, kharadron overlords, khorne bloodbound -- GW is dramatically branding AoS and giving it a very distinct style

Men dying pajamas have no place in the future of AoS except placating mentions as NPCs

I hope they make an online version of the game.

>Men dying pajamas
Clearly you have no senss of style.

The more I see of this the more it looks pretty alright. And I don't say that lightly considering it's AoS and thus GW.

Now when they release a warband that interests me I may consider playing it. Mayhaps Tzeentch with some of those cool warrior dudes they have with the bird helmets?

Tzeentch could easily be three warbands. Mortals with their golden masks, Tzaangors with an aspiring shaman, and Daemons. Pink Horror, Blue Horror, Two Brimstones

>>Men dying pajamas
>Clearly you have no senss of style.
I don't get what you're trying to say, are you trying to say that freeguild aren't common humans wearing their wool pajamas and dying them in the colours of whatever regiment they're mustered into just like an actual pike and shot uniform?

And I'd be down for Tzeentch worshipping moetals because, admittedly, those models look pretty sweet.

So is every model in this game some named character? Like I only see mentions of named characters and never seemingly of mooks.

The petititioners are mooks.

But since you usually only have so few models and they all are equipped differently, it's easier to distinguish them by name than by going Mook wth Helbard and Mook with Shield.

Three skeletons don't have names -- but for the most part every current character in warhammer underworlds is a named mook.

When translated to AoS they end up being slightly better than a model that they represent but they're not nearly as strong as a hero.

It's just easier to say "Saek attacks Severin" than "The dude with the meatripper axe attacks your guy with the sword"

It's more noticeable with Arnulf and Targor because they are armed with the same weapons and have very slight differences in their stats.

Felt he needed a helmet, what do you think?

I don't know about the hand position, something about it looks a little odd to me

Give him a shield, or another weapon. That hand just looks odd

That arm looks really short

This. The arm is way too short.

It's Slavposter (or a guy who's doing a pretty darn good impersonation of the czech dipshit, so the same guy for all intents and purposes), just ignore him.

Have all Skaven become hairless?

Basically.
Most if not all of the newer models have only their arms, thighs, heads and cheeks covered in fur.

It's an issue with sculpting in cad. A lot of other companies have the same problem, like the doggo soldiers in Infinity.

If you paint the skin black it'll look fine.

Anyone come up with a decent house rule for roll offs? Constant rerolls are getting really grating.

If no criticals are rolled, the one with either more hammers/shields wins. After that its swords/dodges, full support, half support.

The arm is actually properly proportioned. GW miniatures like SM just tend to have gorialla arms that go down to their knees.

Mid-tight is where the hand should end for anatomically correct arms.

I dont get the cards. My first game consisted of nothing but charges, I used like no cards because there was no reaction or upgrades in hand. Opponent used cards that would string together, eg after attack action another fighter attacks, another card immediately again because of similar text. I mustve missed the section on character card flipping. The rulebook is kinda all over the place or am I dyslexic?

Also disappointed in the card quality.

Did you get the rules right?

You power deck is 20 cards: half upgrades and half ploys. At the beginning of the game you can mulligan, so it's unlikely to get a useless hand. At the end of each round you can discard any number of power cards and draw up to five new cards. Keep in mind only one Reaction can be used each turn. Ploy cards are free, but upgrades cost 1 glory point. Glory points spent this way still count toward final scoring.

You should also play best of three matches, because learning the objectives and ploys of the opponent takes time.

The card quality is not great now, but GW got the feedback and will improve the quality control in the future.

Shadespire deckbuilding 101
> warhammer-community.com/2017/10/16/shadespire-deck-building-101-gw-homepage-post-4/

No I did not... also that quickstart guide is next to useless. Also do the little text boxes on the player cards always activate eg brightshields parry, does that count as the one reaction or is it every sucessful defense?

Just a heads up for everyone wanting to buy orcs or skellies.
These expansions don't come with a preconstructed deck.
In fact the cards you get can hardly form a playable deck.
In particular you miss the "hold objective x" cards from the big box.

I thought I could just buy the game, and my friends could join in by just getting a single warband.

Also, please gimme some goblins and elves!

people used printed cards for MTG all the time back in the day when I used to play that.
I don't think there is a reason you couldn't do that with the neutral cards from the starter set if you need some extras.

Somebody posted scans a while ago even.

Personally I like the skellies and orcs, but don't care about the dudes in the base game. So that's what I've been thinking about.

I don't have the rulebook with me right now, but you could ask the tga community tga.community/forums/forum/132-shadespire/

The "hold objective x" cards are not essential. You can build the objective deck any way you like it. The deck must be exactly 12 unique (different names) cards. You cannot use cards that belong to another faction (look at the icon on the top right). Some custom decks removed all the "hold objective x". They are good in the first round to get a couple of easy glory points, but it's all about your play style.

>You can hardly get a playable deck.

I've just won a game against Khorne getting a deck built almost entirely from Ironjawz (maybe a card or two from deathrattle).

I'll admit to my noobishness.
But getting a few easy glorypoints fast also seem pretty important to get the ball rolling?

Where's the best community for discussing decks and strategy?

tga can help there, so does boardgamegeek. IMO getting ploymaster is a good and easy objective.

This is bullshit. We've seen that Magore's fiends have an box-art style equal to those of the other expansion boxes, while the coreset has the two sides mixed uo together.

I really hope they have representation for other chaos gods. I want half naked buff guys who aren't covered in scars.

Slight turn to his right would've been better, I don't like the straight on look

I've been thinking about removing the hold objectives from my Steelheart's deck (and give them to the skellies). This way I can move my sigmarines to the bottleneck of the board (if any) and get more support (16% up to 33% bonus to defense or attack). The Champions have objective cards that reward them for protecting their side and staying alive. Three Champions side by side are also really scary since they can kill most of the red guys in one hit and Khorne's objectives reward really aggressive play. With fewer models, I have to be careful not to move them too far away from one another.

The game has only been out for a few weeks, but communities are growing. The tga forum seems the best English source for strategies and clarifications. tga.community/forums/forum/132-shadespire/

You can find a lot of reviews on bgg and there's a small forum section at the bottom of the page.
> boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/224597/warhammer-underworlds-shadespire

Reddit (needs way more subscribers)
> reddit.com/r/WarhammerUnderworlds/

>We've seen that Magore's fiends have an box-art style equal to those of the other expansion boxes

Where? Far as I'm aware they haven't shown box art for any of the upcoming releases.

in the video in you can see the art for some unreleased warbands and they match the style used on the box for the orcs and undead, which makes it seem likely that it's the art that would go on their packaging which implies individual box release rather than a double box like the core set.

Ok but your model has one lanklet arm and one manlet arm. He looks like he'd struggle to itch his nutsack with that midget arm

>mfw my orruk deck using nothing but cards from the booster is undefeated

It's not my model.
I may just look like that cause the handle of the sword makes the forearm on the right arm look bigger.
As soon as there is some paint on that it'll look better.

Orruks are really cool dudes. Played 3 games with them, 2 wins one very close loss.
They might become my main Warband. Tough and aggressive plays really well together. Khorne dudes feel too squishy for me.

This video shows the unboxing of skellies and orcs. He reads and reviews all the cards.

youtube.com/watch?v=_DSXFUTdnxI

I like this warband. The orcs are all about charging and smashing stuff. They also have a couple of powerful pushing cards.

I think the thing that cemented them as my favorite warband was when my hacka moved 9 hexes and beat the shit out of the skellies boss

This is great for the sigmarines. You can lure the reavers into charging against your lonely unit, then use this card to push back or kill a couple of them.

After some games with the skellies, I believe they need a lot of keys (the 2 vp cards that we are getting with each xpack) and objective grab cards, along with movement ploys/upgrades. You can have the petitioners babysitting your objectives and "feed" the champion to the enemy with fatal blow so they get doubletapped by him. I also found that using the +2 dice on a single attack upgrade with fatal blow is nasty, because then you just revive him all ready for the next turn and inspired

Mistakes were made...

Yeah the pigtails are awful, we told you already.

I disagree. I like unique warbands. Mirror matches would be messy with the same warbands painted in the same way. As long as you follow basic lore guidelines, it's ok in my book.

Agreed to the millionth. Making them uniqe is the way to go. I wish I actually HAD spare bits to spruce up my other warbands. I'll have to settle for doing a different paint scheme I guess

Although depending on how the fireslayers look I may try and make them look more dispossessedish if I can. those are my type of dawi

Nice false equivalence.

At some point I think they will do the Lost Forge-City of Grungni/Iron Karaks. It has been hinted since the first book and in the Kharadron Overlords books it's stated to be infested with Skaven.

>obryn with a spin attack

BOLD INTENSIFIES

SKELETONS ARE THE WORST MODELS BUT THEIR CARDS ARE SO GOOD AAAAAAAAA

Does this count as having marked cards?
If I go to a tourny are they gonna force me to buy gw sleeves?
These came straight from the core set.

Yes you will be disqualified for not playing with sleeves

See The GW sleeves have a really nice art and finish, but they are tight (They could do with being about 1 or 2 mm longer) and each pack has exactly 12 for objectives and 20 for power cards. If you're planning to go on a tournament, get some opaque sleeves. The brand and color doesn't matter.

>The brand and color doesn't matter.
Right up until GW declare at least 60% of your sleeves have to be GW product.

I'd like to run something by you guys.
How do you feel about using other models as certain warbands? Assuming they're clearly distinguishable from one another, of course.
The reason I ask is that I really dislike the Bloodreaver visuals, but their playstyle is excellent. And since I have a unused box of Tree-Revenants I thought it might be fun to convert them into a warband, especialy since at least the first two waves don't contain Sylvaneth.
Obviously I'd build them to roughly match the individual models loudouts, i.e. the spear for Karsus, the brutal sythe for saek, the axe for Gorrek and sickle-blade combos for Arnulf and Targor. I also suppose I could write each models name on the base to further avoid any confusion.

Sounds perfectly fine.

However still build n paint the khorne guys in case you fight an autist who can't think for himself.

I'd be down for it. Just make it clear before a game who is who, especially the two scrubs with the dual weapons might be difficult to tell apart due to having the same weapons.

Or just build them, but not paint them.
That way you can still cause maximum autism.

I'd probably do something colour related rather than names since people aren't always going to be able to pick out names.

You could paint the lips of the bases different colours and then put a blob of paint or a sticker of the same colour on the deck protector for the character it matches.

Allows for instant recognition without having to read anything or making sure bases are facing a certain way.

Print out your own fighter cards using the original khorne with a pic of the model instead of the artwork

That's actually a pretty neat idea! Yould also use differently tinted sleeves for the character cards to match them to their respective bases.

NEXT DEATH WARBAND FUCKING WHEN

Not until Wave 2 (that is, after Shadespire and its 8 bands)

Speaking of count-as warbands: I wonder what to do about those that won't get a warband for a good while, or the old factions that probably never will...
As an example:
Freeguild Guard under Sepulchral Guard rules?
Lieutnant (Warden), Sergeant (Prince), Halberdier (Harvester), Greatsword (Champion), Swordsmen (Petitioners)
Instead of a rezz the lieutnant can be fluffed as calling in reinforcements.

Hate the SE models, would these work fine? I mean they are basically same models minus the guns and the hammer (halberd)

>oh_you.jpg

>Look, mom! I posted it again!

is it actually a common post?

Very common in the AoS general at least.

Ah, seems more unreasonable in AOS.

A while back /hhg/ had a deluge of the same posts, except inverted.
>Stormcucks are totally a viable replacement for Cuckstodes, right guys? XDXD

How does one deckbuild? I am too fucking retardet to know what to put into my decks. How does one get good at that?

- Keep the numbers low. Between 20 and 25 power cards is enough.
- Ploys are generally more useful than upgrades.
- Use quick-score Objectives to get an early glory headstart
- Movement ploys are god-tier
- 3+ glory cards are a huge gamble

Alright, so if I already own a Vampire Counts and a Orcs & Gobbos Army, can I just get the cards for these dudes?

What do you play?

A couple of advice are good, but never go over 20 power. With the do-over you can get the decent cards in your deck all the time if you built it right

Classic plastic Skaven look so much better its not even funny

A couple of pointers.

Start with 3 piles, one is objective, one is ploys and third is upgrade.

Then for each card type, put all cards you like in each pile.

Then decide on a playstyle. Do you want to be defensive, focus on capturing objectives or murderize your opponent plus their virginity.

After deciding start with objectives. What objectives will help you with your goal? You want a good amount of easy objectives and 2-4 rewarding objectives.

Then repeat with ploys and then equipments.

You want 12 objectives, 10 ploys and 10 equipments. When you are done shuffle the ploys with equipments and your deck is done.

Currently busy but when I have time I'll put my list here and explain in detail why it is the way it is and how I went about putting it together.