Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Aarrrghhhh edition

Previous >Warhammer Community news(new codexes)
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/news-codexes-heroes-blood-glorygw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=4kJNqVL320Q

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

my dudes > your dudes

my girls > your dudes

damn you, you fiend

Your girls=my hats.

Trying idea for list for Death Guard. It has quite a few restrictions, no multiples of any unit except troops. Batallion only. No lords of war.

Your Dudes

My Empire> your Empire

My Bugs > Your Girls

Isn’t that story about Gay Nights killing a bunch of wounded Sisters?
Not man enough to kill a healthy women?

Your girls = prime breeding material

Is it possible to run a 1k mono-daemons or heavily daemon-focused army and don't get tabled on t1? Tzeentch (Kairic Acolytes look great as cultists) and Nurgle are my favourite but I can play with any God desu

i like it

prime breeding material = more worshippers for the god-emperor.

From the last thread. Oh, and I forgot to ask about your homebrew.
There are a lot of notable things people have taken issue with in 8th. Take your pic:
>Cover is "must be in ruins, period."
>Oversimplistic terrain.
>Blasts and flamers poorly translated. "Make them XD3/XD6 based on target unit size."
>GW "index versus codex," bring back Looted Wagons.
>Stacking hit penalties. Aka "Don't bother shooting if Orks," and requests for "natural 6 always hits."
>Plasma explodes more at night. "Make it explode on Natural 1s."
>Character targeting rules ("Hurfdurf, 5 Culexus assassins and Superfriends")
>Smitespam.

To GWs credit, they seem to be a lot faster about patching issues, such as the Stormraven spamlist (Oh yeah, "should be able to move past an Airborne unit") or the Ogryn Bodyguard Hyperloop.

Heck, I recommended they apply Keywords to weapons, so instead of "Biel-Tan reroll 1s to-hit with weapons with 'Shuriken' in their name", it's "Biel-Tan rerolls 1s to-hit with SHURIKEN weapons," and they said they'd forward it to the rules-team. So it would prevent confusion like "oh yeah, a Baleflamer is not a flamer despite having 'flame' in its name," or RAW confusion if the Plasma Syphon ever returns. ("Is a Bioplasmic Cannon considered a Plasma weapon? It's Plasmic, not Plasma.")

cum on tyranids to defeat them

Don't feed the wild life, user.

WIP for my homebrew rules on the Parasite of Mortrex. Critic welcome. Note, 106 is the index value of a warrior prime (which has a higher BS and WS and Toughness) with Rending Claws, Toxin Sacs, and spine fists.

You could probably run a mono Tzeentch list and do fine. Bring a bucket of Brimestones, some Exalted Flamers, and probably some Heralds and you'd do fine.

if you play nurgle demons with DG demon prince and demon engine spam then you can do well. I do that at my LGS and have only lost a few times since the codex

4 Armed Emperor maybe.

>haven't played 40k since I was in college
>get a codex and read up
>bring ork army to gameshop for gamenight
>place is packed
>spend an hour looking for a game
>everyone refuses because I am using oop minis for my boys
>ask why that matters if they are still ork boyz
>they aren't standard
>leave after not finding game
is this widely accepted amongst neo warhammer players, or are these people just autistic

Any tips for a new player interested in starting Drukhari?

>Ork codex
>new Ork models
At least try to make it plausible

Did you go to a Games Workshop or a LGS?

So, I'm doing raven guard primaris marines, i got a captain, a apocathery, a box of unbuilt hellblasters and a Repulsor. What do I need to get now to have a good force?

Today on "things that never happened"

Thanks.

I have a second idea, which has less anti-tank but even so, smite and terminators can kill plenty of vehicles in their day.

Stop saying that, they are Dark Eldar

Am i the only one who forgets cover is a thing some times?

>playing green tide with old ork boy models
Why is this bad
LGS

How old are these Orks? Pics? And Orks have no codex.

>LGS
Well, there's been a movement in GW shops to disallow anything that isn't one of their models so it could be an echo of that.

Any way to include cultists or would they be just a waste of points?

Pure primaris, or is that just what you've bought so far? If the latter, a pair of scout squads are fluffy for RG, will get you up to a battalion without costing loads of points, are reasonable hard to shift off objectives with camo cloaks, and 4 sniper rifles & a missile launcher can help out.

Hell, scouts may not look out of place even if you are doing pure primaris, in the way that mk VI/VII marines might. I'd consider them either way.

GW rules have generally forgotten the same thing too.
>Shoot a tank through 4 windows of two separate buildings, you can only see a tiny part of it.
>Tank doesn't get cover, because it's not actually standing on ruins.
The folks I know have just started houseruling that buildings are "completely solid", even tiny tunnels, etc.

same models, not mine though.
Index, right.

user there is isn’t an Ork codex.
Let alone new Ork models.
This is just “things that didn’t happen”

I collect a lot of my chaos army off of ebay and from second hand places. Is it bad that my chaos army looks so patchwork? I run their fluff as a bunch of lost dudes who found each other while in service of nurgle which I think fits

Finally managed to play my(lol9second game of 8th.
Played with my bro(literally)with power points, and tried out my new DG army.
Even if i havent played 8th much, Ive been trough every edition since 2nd ed, and i play Aos, so I never had any problems with the rules.

Loved the new death guard, even if Morty dies a LOT faster than i tought(and hits a lot harder), foul Blightspawn is so efficent I really felt bad and my terminatours struggled to do anything worthwhile.

Any hints to make them reach melee? So far I have two units, one melee-oriented with 2 flamers and axes and one shooting oriented with 2 multimeltas and blight launcher.

I'm setting up a tank campaign this weekend set in an orky mad max world. What would be some good objectives based around a vehicle or monster rally? The players are going to be competing for favor from a big mek

Wonder if they will fix that in any way in CA. I didn't actually know that they simplified the Cover rules so far now.

if you like it, its fine.

Forgot to add, Implant attack:
Strength User, AP -1, d3 Damage.

Vehicles moving a certain distance per turn for VP

How do we fix lictors?

The successor I'm doing is Rift Stalkers, so it's a pure primaris force

Bretty good, HQ right?

whats the ap of the implant attack? recovering the ripper seems a bit bloated though

It looks like shit probably and will annoy everyone

nice meme

lots of dark lances
pick one flavour of transport
razorwings are really good

Lictors work alright you just need to take them in groups

-1 AP, d3 damage, the ripper recovery is identical to medics from other factions while tying back to it's old fluff. But, yeah bit bloated. Should try to make it's wording more concise.

Also, yes it is an HQ choice.

Do you even know what /b/ is?

Are Grey Knight Purifiers bad? Even with a Brother Captain to help their range?

If you want too go for it. Brimstones are just real good bubble wrap for anything you need to protect or hold a position when you can bring 30 of the little shits for 90 points.

desu I keep looking over BL termies and I don't see how to make them cost efficient atm. I will probably run some with axes, flails and combibolters and see how poverty mode ones do

plague tanks are glorious for DG armies and if you are worried about morty dying then bring a herald of nurgle to heal him d3 a turn

Definitely good for a cheap HQ

It does seem like a better choice than the prime, but i thibk the prime is overpriced anyway

How would you put together a fluffy (while still being reasonable effective) non-gsc nid kill team? I'd guess a Lictor would be fluffy, but what else?

So given how absurdly expendable around half the factions are in this game kill ratios make playing NPC factions great fun. Forward, expendable servitorized chumps, respawning Kaballites and assorted other mooks! Kill one Space Marine squad and the enemy can't recover that 1% of their force for an entire decade.

Getting into tyranids

Tell me about Biovores and Pyrovores.
Are they worth running?
How do you like to use them?
How many do you use?

Still looking for a good guide for painting up hive fleet Jormungandr?

Prime is overpriced. Should be closer to a Neurothrope or Malanthrope desu. Main downside of the Parasite is the lack of shooting, no psychic powers, and you can still take overwatch shots from charging with it. But, you keep rippers around it you use them to soak up over watch and then heal them back up so when the enemy walks out of combat you have a castle around the parasite to protect it from shooting.

What are your confessions?

I wouldn't rule it out completely. Then again, I feel shooting as a whole needs cleanup, simply since there are scenarios where "fast-rolling" vs individual rolling can alter probabilities and that's fucked up IMO.

They're 7 points more expensive than a strike squad for +1 leadership and their super special smite.

So yeah pretty bad.

Would servitors be actually decent if they could use their servo arms to help tech priests and marines to repair stuff. Say for every 2 servo arms roll a d6, 4+ allows to add 1 to the master of machines/repair power that the tech guys have.

I think GW is a good company

Yes. Far too expensive, gimmicky power thats unreliable unless spammed (which means at least 4 of squads that all need BC support), and they die to a stiff breeze. Take them for fun, then watch as your opponents, at first, accuse you of being a huge WAACfag for taking units that have d6 mortal wound smite. Then they wonder how the hell they managed to table you even though you brought such an "OP" unit. I especially loved the looks on their faces when I told them that a BC, the Ancient Smitebanner, the purifiers and their transport were over 1000 points together,

lictors, genestealers, gargoyles, spores and raveners are fit for vanguard/invasion kill teams

I've been holding off on painting for a little bit, and I'm scared I might be a little rusty getting back in, even with how little time has passed.
I don't want any new units in the Thousand Sons codex or anything, I just want my fun rules and fast.
WAACfags are dumb- especially when talking about the rules- but I think sometimes you guys can be dumb for arguing with them in the first place

That is some very low standar you have there honey

when I see an eversor assassin all I can think of is skeletor

But it'll be fixed when they get their 8th edition codex, right? Right?

I would betray humanity for an eldar wench.

The point of Blightlords is that they're ridiculously durable.

no, no, no, none.

hordes are powerful right now.

no. they need to cost less. 10 points like they used to

Biovores are great because they never miss, use the spore mines than missed to control the board and deny advances.
take them in groups of 3 and troll chaos players by keeping Magnus at the back of the board

Did this the other day and raffed when Big M was killed by some fat cunts after a couple rounds of shooting

I've been painting off and on for five years and I've only completed 25 usable models

bumping through all the bullshit

What sort of list you planning for Thousand Sons?

I originally was going to play them, and I was gonna have hellbrutes, predators, terminators, rubric marines and some Tzaangors.

Didn't wanna go Magnus but from meta and general thoughts, Thousand Sons need either daemons or Magnus to work which is sad.

you have shit taste user

No spoiler, I would have preferred they tweak and build off the 7e Psyker system instead of the 8e "2d6 and can only cast Smite once."

Damn. Well I'm looking at a 200pt hole in my list that I want to fill with something that I can shove in a StormRaven. Would a pair of psilencer purgation squads work? Or is that silly to put in a Raven.

My friend finds Leman Russ tank "chibi and cute" and likes IG in general but she is still not sure about getting into 40k. Please give me some good pics of IG tanks to lure her into this autistic shitfest.
Also what is a good and relatively cheap way to collect and play IG? Will two start collecting boxes do the trick? We have a tiny playgroup up here (me, my gf and a friend of mine) and we play mostly 750-1000pts games so we don't want to make her buy a lot of expensive stuff

But the fluff of them is they help fix not just protect so itd be nice for them to actually do something

Its things like this that make me happy that GW is actually trying to Faq and Fix things for this edition. Imagine if they had the 7th ed mindset with this fucking edition. We would be fucked. I wonder why they removed the Cover rules anyways. It makes sense that since you cant see all the unit that the unit should get some sort of cover save. Also am i an asshole if i want to slow roll when someone is shooting at my guys and one of them is slightly out of cover. You know just so that if they guy dies i can give the rest of them the cover save they deserve.

depends on the servitor

I get that but I can see using them to harass and ax/shoot stuff at 230pts but when they get close to 300 then it is a bit much

Are you an idiot?

>when they get their 8th edition codex
user, I~

show her the IGs siiick abs

I don't like Primaris. I feel like they usurped the best armor mark and then shat the bed with it.

Nah, that works fine. Their safe in the Raven T1, (hopefully), and you can drop them out 9" so they can move into range before the raven flies off somewhere else.

My biggest flaw was something fast to engage asap while my marines footslog all the way.
I was thinking of getting 3 bloated drones to engage asap and attract some fire with morty while everything else comes closer.

The foul blightspawn btw should be illegal, he killed a fire prysm and yvraine on the same game.

i also tried the biologus but got charged by harlequins turn 2 so he couldnt do much. Maybe ill have more luck with him next time.
My opponent literally ignored them and just ran away, so i had little time to test their durability. Maybe the can function as objective holders?

Btw, pic related from the game.
I know it's-GASP-mostly unpainted, but its a new army and with a full time job and a family its hard to find time to paint.

terrain

I don't think that 40k is better game than AoS at all

I mean sure you could say they are trying to FAQ and fix things. But then you realized that literally every single codex has had basically nothing but armywide buffs and your entire concept falls apart. Are nids getting nerfed in their book? Did IG? will orks? How about Daemons?

If GW actually cared about balance we'd see a lot less "your codex will buff all your units, just wait" posts and more "the codex will fix Magnus/Guilliman/horde books" which as we know from Codex: Space Marines, they sure as fuck aren't nerfing.

I was thinking the standard servo arm ones, seeing as they will almost certainly not use it in combat, theyre squishy and using them as weapons platforms means moving is a detriment as well as having someone nearby to avoid mind lock. Might as well have the option to use them as a support/heal option as well as medicore gun guys