Why are vidya's drawthreads so much more fun than our drawthreads?

Why are vidya's drawthreads so much more fun than our drawthreads?

All we have is the same forty beggars making the same forty requests for their alleged-RP characters, which they're probably only going to play once before their group dissolves, and who should be out commissioning people rather than making the threads into a drawfag lottery.

How about requests that would actually entertain more than a single person? What about something that helps bring back a sense of Veeky Forums community, rather than reinforcing this weird isolationist behavior that started around the time Nazimod enforced his stance of "NO BOARD CULTURE" that we've been slowly trying to crack but are still facing an uphill climb?

I imagine it's because /v/ just asks for entertaining drawings, where Veeky Forums asks specifically for character portraits since they are incapable of drawing their own. If the requests were more generalized, I figure this board's drawthreads would be more productive.

If the board culture you want Veeky Forums to have bears even an iota of similarity to /v/'s "board culture," then we're better off without it.

>why are the majority of free artists on Veeky Forums more interested in drawing recognizable popular characters from media they enjoy than they are in drawing characters they've never heard of and have to imagine based on the crappy description of someone who's either going to tell them they misinterpreted the reference or is going to fuck off and never interact with the artist again

Gee I dunno

Ooph

We can ape some specific idealized part of their culture and make it better.

Maybe we should try to add challenges to the drawthreads? Not challenges challenges, more like setting a theme, maybe putting story snippets or campaign descriptions, and see what the drawpeople can do with it.

You know how the Germans got way into eugenics and tried to purge the Ashkenazim, even though scientific evidence in favor of eugenics would tag Ashkenazim as the main ethnic group to keep? We did that, but with our drawfags.

And then went after the writefags.

Veeky Forums has purged its creative members on several occassions since I got here. It's not really a surprise they've decided to hang their hat elsewhere.

We can always gather new ones. And by we I mean you, and by new ones I mean I'm itching to use tg to practice my doodling, but nobody offers ideas I'd like to draw.

>but nobody offers ideas I'd like to draw

See, if you really wanted to save Veeky Forums, you would be an actual drawfag and draw whatever people asked, instead of just being an artist seeking free inspiration.

>I'm itching to use tg to practice my doodling, but nobody offers ideas I'd like to draw.

I'm in the same boat. I like Veeky Forums, but I'd rather draw things for Veeky Forums as a whole, rather than for people who make particularly self-centered and dull requests.

Hey. Fuck you. If you want to get art for yourself, hire an artist, instead of bombarding the drawthread with selfish personal requests.

The drawthreads should be about giving artists inspiration, and artists actually contribute to Veeky Forums, so you mentioning them getting it for "free" is ridiculous.

If people asked things I wanted to draw, I'd do it without a problem. Unfortunately, I don't care to draw people and/or creatures in armor, which is like 80% of the requests.

Selfish or not, requests are ideas too.

If you took more requests, you would get better at drawing armor.

I don't care about drawing armor for the sake of it, or for the sake of improving at it. Not really.

I have drawn armor before (not very good, but eh) when I'm worldbuilding, or when a particular design strokes my fancy, but drawing medieval characters in particular is not something I'm really interested.

ancient chinese secret:
A drawfag who doesn't draw is not a drawfag

The actual phrase is "A sleeping tiger is still a tiger."

that is a different ancient chinese secret pertaining to tigers.

Veeky Forums draw threads are better, I get less (you)s but my art has a purpose greater then providing some autist with an escape from the tedium of refreshing every 5 sec while he waiting for his next visual stimulation. /v/ is like 90% shock art

Give me an idea, and I'll give you a doodle (because I don't quite dare to call my doodles drawings, to be honest)

Given that the range of things you can actually draw include no characters or equipment many characters wear, that leaves me with only landscape drawings.
So I guess draw a bug hellscape.

I move that Veeky Forums's drawfags should draw more Veeky Forums lolis

Then request it you fuckign fagget, "HEY DRAW FAGS I WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST A COMIC OR REACTION IMAGE OF ONE OF OUR BOARD OCS LIKE CULTIST CHAN OR SOMETHING SO I CAN REPOST IT ALL DAY ERY DAY THANKS GUYS"

I cant draw anything unless you request it jesus christ, sorry that the people actually making requests every thread and engaging with the artists are getting their OCs drawn while people who never step foot in the threads don't.

Also this, keep your trip fags, joke requests, and shock art away from me.

Wrong sir, wrong

I'm not sure what you were expecting. Tabletop RPGs are one of the board's primary topics. People who play TRPGs like to get art of their character. Drawthreads are free art. The arithmetic isn't very complex.

Also, why don't you just make these "entertaining" requests yourself instead of whining about it?

>sorry that the people actually making requests every thread and engaging with the artists are getting their OCs drawn while people who never step foot in the threads don't.

If a group decides to settle in a thread and effectively choke it out of more casual requests, it makes it hard to try and raise your voice without it getting drowned out. Veeky Forums's drawthreads get immediately bombarded with twenty requests from people who've been desperately begging for weeks and are essentially just playing the odds.

The whole climate of the drawthreads even discourages more casual artists and requesters. If a more relaxed artist wants to just pop in and do a doodle, they're discouraged from doing so because that's clearly not what the requester who assembled a catalogue image of explicit details wanted, and now that requester can't reissue the same request for at least three days.

It's silly.

well, that's what happens when you have to put all art into a single thread because it gets shitposted anywhere else.

>Requesters aren't happy with mediocre work.

>Every time a requester ever complains about quality they get shit on by half the thread.

You don't spend time in Veeky Forums's drawthread, please stop talking with your butthole, sir.

That's not fair to say.
Anywhere else that's not a general.

Lolis are universally a blessing and driving force of all the good and love in the world, user. Drawfags should be creating more of them naturally even without a request.

Plus I got things to do, I can’t be requesting loli elves in every drawthread.

Request: sexy orcess.

Thats because no one wants to see the art other then the person making the request and the requester wants high quality stuff. If you go into a thread and make a post like "this is an example of my work willing to do requests" and you get NO hits its because no one wants your quality of drawing EVEN IF ITS FREE because there are like 100,000,000,000 quality drawings outs there that you can just pick up and use. Also, no one is in the thread other then the guys fishing for quality art for their OC because OC beggars are the only people interested in the art that gets produced in these threads.

IF you want me to draw funny warhammer comics, 1 ask for them, 2 give me (you)s for them to SHOW that interest exists, and 3 repost them. If you don't do that then their is no demand and I want make them.

You know, in the old days, artists would run free and wild over the board and draw things when they found people talking about interesting stuff.
I know that's hard these days what with the shitposting, but still.

>I cant take the time out of my day to make a request in a thread that last for a week
>but i sure as hell can take the time out of my day to complain about it

In reality you don't give a fuck if another drawing gets put on the loli drawing pile or not.

we did that because you ate our artwork up, now you dont. SO we dont make anymore ar,. its that simple

You would probably be less uptight if you were drawing cute lolis. Just saiyan.

like I said, I know it's hard these days with the shitposting, but still.

nah, lolis are pretty shit

>How about requests that would actually entertain more than a single person?
Robocowboy is always entertaining for the whole thread. Suddenly all these silent people become agitated.

I said I didn't care to draw those, not that I wouldn't draw those. I can draw them, but I won't make a picture because of them.

Also, bug hellscape. I really really need to practice shadowing, and coloring.

And backgrounds.

I am baffled someone drew a bug hellscape without extreme geiger.

Why don't you go back there?

Why not assimilate the uniqueness of other boards to improve this one?

Because then it wouldn't be unique?