/L5RG/

Discord a Shit edition

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE RPG (OLD AND NEW)

Rulebooks:
ME GA[New Zeland]/#F!EuB3yRRI!FjYeEU2FdqzIZ6cM1dKoHA

The FF Beta:
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/dc/2f/dc2f92bb-bfd2-4f12-99eb-1d084491de65/l5r00_beta_rulebook.pdf

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE FF LCG

Tabletop Simulator Mod - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099785017

Ringteki (Browser based game client) - mahois.fun/

Card Database / Deck Builder - fiveringsdb.com/

TTS Deck Converter - infamous-irc.com/dengeki/l5r-deck-generator/

>Veeky Forums L5R Discord
discord.gg/CJfVQ7B

>Clan Allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/14339259

This Paste: pastebin.com/0JF6Acgv

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/QvKEH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Matsu Beastmasters when?! I need hot brawler on Lion action

Threadly reminder that Ikoma Eiji is a shit card and literally any other card is a better use of the dynasty slot.

First deluxe is Phoenix then Lion.
Each box will have 1 card for the other clans.
Boxes will have 2 SHs for their clan.

After each faction gets a box over the next few years Mantis and then Shadowlands will get boxes.

>After each faction gets a box over the next few years Mantis and then Shadowlands will get boxes.

sure thing, homo

I'll believe you when I have the cards in my hand.

Just go ask about it on the Reddit Discord. The mods will insta ban you as they know it is true and think it is a NDA leak.

>Just go ask about it on the Reddit Discord.

Just go hang yourself.
Everyone sane knows reddit users, especially on discord, are fucking retarded.

>Channers thinking they are better than anyone.
God this place has gone to shit.

It was always shit.

WHY DOES NO ONE TALK ABOUT THE GAME IN THIS THREAD!?
It is all just bitching about spoilers, complaining unicorn is bad, and saying how bad the other discord is.

only because you faggots came here, fucking redditor

>iwanttobelieve.jpg

So, How would the main 3 crazies of Drifters do in Rokugon?

Because old5r fans myself included are kinda shitty people so its no surprise that the nu5r players are put off by all the reeing at each other over dumb bs. I think of my old5r group and my nu5r group and its night and day the quality of person.

So currently I am working on a political based Lion deck. I think it has potential plus can make a swing into strong military power from genral lion cards. The deck is fun mostly because lion have fairly balanced stats with a little more wieght on to Mil.

But I am curious what are you building or hopin gofr in the up coming cycle?

All the FFG fags will suck the cock of the next big thing and move on in 12 months anyway hopefully.

See this old grog would rather the game die again then be decent person to new players.

the rpg deserves to die, at the very least

Anybody got any good demo-decklists for each clan? Bonus point if it's formatted for TTS but I can always handle that stuff. I'm not good enough at building that shit yet and want to introduce the game to my friends.

No, I just saw it happen with X-wing.

I'll be a decent person to people who are decent back and don't make condescending comments on 'shit cards'

All the snowflake dice RPGs need to die, I agree.

X-Wing is still growing. WTF are you talking about,

Just put together whatever if it's only for demos. If you want worlds quality lists you can go here: fiveringsdb.com

Ikoma Eiji is a shit card tho

This. Way more people play X-wing then any other game at my LGS.

I don't think I could put together decks that are fun to play against eachother, honestly. I also don't really care about unicorn or phoenix, personally. I was more wondering if there were any Basic Bitch decks to each clan that serve as kind of a taster and lead-in that would be good to learn the game off of. Is it a bit early in the cycle for that?

Very few people are going to be interested in making demo decks. At the start, it's more important to learn the game mechanics, and once a new player starts learning them, if they're interested in the game at all, they'll have fun anyway. Just give them an explanation of each clan's gimmicks/lore and have them demo with the clan they like best.

Sadly yes, wait till the full cycle is out. Then we can build decks that give a better taster for what to expect.

Failing that suggestion I recommend building a Crane/ lion decks For Demos

Dragon, Lion and Crane are all fairly idiot proof for new players.

Scans are up.

Enjoy, guys.

imgur.com/a/QvKEH

Just got my packs from my FLGS.
There is a insert with them informing you Banzai! is no longer legal for any play and to use the new included For Rokugan! in all future decks.

You's a motherfucker.

Don't believe ya.

Its really weak bait. Don't give him (you)s

reminder that anti-banzai is racism

I'd like to go to the next winter court with a big 'ol sashimono and hijack their limp "for rokugan" chant for UTZ! BANZAI!

Nice some of these are really cool.
This is the first pack only right?
Thanks for showing us.
I am looking forward to using the doji representive.

If they get mad tell the chinks that maybe they should not let their best divisions get encircled in Shanghai next time.

I still ain't clicking that shit.

Photos of the cards that prove this about the deluxe boxes or STFU

Proofs?

F A K E N E W S

>Shadowlands will get boxes
>Implying they would go with Shadowlands over Spider

kek

Both lead devs hate Spider and their story line.
Spider is never coming back.

I'd sooner quit than watch L5R get ruined by bugfags again. No Scorpion Coup. No retarded Yoritomo's gambit. No Spider.

I unironically want this to happen just to watch the but hurt in real time.

Mantis are fine, imo.

Seeing as though how hard Spider fucked Old5R, I wouldn't want them back either.

Shadowlands as concept is fine, just keep them as neutral or something.

I need newfags with their stupid uneducated opinions to LEAVE

Boy user, it's like you want the L5R community to die or something.

Do you want to talk about it?

That's a bit of an overreaction and a straw man, but okay.

0 other people care, you make the same argument every thread.

And you complain about no one talking about the game?

Fucking bravo.

They've definately been teasing the coup and Daigotsu. It'll be interesting to see where they go. If they go somewhere totally different fans will be pissed because they changed things, and if they don't fans will be pissed because they're just retreading old ground.

>wanting to shit up l5r with the same people who could not keep it going last time.

Ffs if your a real old fag your like 30. Stop acting like an autistic sperg and actually be a mentor to these new guys instead of some sort of screaming manchild.

What deck do you play?

This. I don't want a total rehash of last time but its fine if they hit on old plot points and go in different directions. But the spergs will sperg.

Not him but I think he plays unicorn.

>play
>unicorn
Is it really playing if all you do is lose?

The Lost and the Horde are fine in the story but I don't think there is a way to do them as player factions without falling into the same traps AEG did.

I do, but I play Scorpion and Crab also.

Nice Samefag.

Is there a route that both old and new players would be on board for?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a name when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! Posting with a name when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Not him, but I play Crane/Scorpion control. Because the world has scorned my unatural fancies I will ensure no one has a good time.

Its easy to get top of clan if you only have to beat a handful of people to get a story choice. Some people are loyal and will play their faction even if its bad.

Played Scorp/Crab and made a courtier hit a horse with a club lads. Best deck combo.

I am an old5r player and if things are different that is fine. Also you seem to have me confused for someone else.

Not him, and I think namefagging is fucking dumb, but I don't see the point for being so militant.

It's not like we read "Anonymous posted this, Anonymous posted this, Anonymous posted this, FUCKING NAMEFAG POSTED THIS SHIT, Anonymous posted this, Anonymous posted this ..."

You read the text, and you move on. Stop shitting up the thread.

Group went through character creation with the L5R beta last week and it was great, fastest character creation we've ever pulled off.

But then we went through a test encounter and fighting was AWFUL. It was so tedious even with the dice roller app and took forever to get through a turn and being able to change weapons while changing stances seemed so broken. We tried it again with little cheat sheets we typed up to streamline everything but it still took ages. We're probably just gonna play 4th ed again but using the characters we made for the beta. Does anyone see this beta turning out to be any good at all?

I haven't joined in on the shitflinging so far but I feel it's important to comment: In smaller, persistent communities like this one persistent namefagging can lead to a multitude of issues. Veeky Forums can be pretty fucking terrible for this very reason. Unironically and non-maliciously: if you want to post with a username do it on reddit or something, the community over there is plenty active I believe. I'll cut myself off here from talking about it further. This is an L5R thread afterall, not a argue about namefags thread.
Does the dice issue feel like one that would get solved by playing more and knowing it or does it feel more busted than that? If so: how? I'm eyeing up running something soonish myself and am unsure whether to try the beta or old one.

WAY more busted than just the dice. It's the entire combat system. It uses the range bands from Star Wars where range zero is touch, range one is katana distance, two is spear, three is thrown, and bow is even further out and the maximum range band is eyesight. The stances based on your ring also seemed a little overthought. There's no reason for a lot of builds to ever use any stances except for one, it's easy for a stance to just destroy your RP if it matches your combat build better, and combat turns just take forever. It's way, way more than just the dice. They're also cumbersome, but they do at least feel like something you'd get used to if you played long enough, even if you were using traditional d12s and a conversion chart. It's everything else involved that seemed like a huge hassle.

The character creation was so promising though and the general RP mechanics seem great so it might be worth giving the beta a solid attempt and seeing if you can house rule your way through combat or just apply 4th ed combat to it if you had your heart set on trying the beta.

Well we've already got a shadowlands card with no honor cost or anything to play it.

So why are you not playing Phoenix?

Out of curiosity: What did you find the character creation offered that 4th ed didn't?

That's what I am worried about but if FFG knows better than me and works out a way to do it I won't be mad.

Based on provinces and a bunch of other systems in the game... i think the conclusion they've reached is probably just be a bit more abstract than the old game ever was and not sweat the occasional bit of play that doesn't make much sense in the context of what might be happening. Which hopefully means they're going to mostly stick to player choices for storyline input rather than making it reflect what people are running in their decks.

It was more that we had people walking in with no idea what they wanted out of a character and came out with a character they were immediately in love with. It's easy to see up front what kinds of things you can roleplay without interfering mechanically with combat, and social builds were way more up front for new characters about what they'd be facing down, similar to how it's easy for a new character to understand what they're looking at for combat. The characters seemed very well balanced too, and it's taking a bit of effort so far to figure out how to make a broken character. It can be done with the first errata, but it is very difficult and doesn't offer much advantage. Character goals also come out with mechanical advantages which forces everyone to figure out what they want out of the campaign and prevents that kinda custom-characters-in-a-sandbox-game feel you wind up with sometimes.

If I wanted to complain that my clan was hard to play and didn't get any good cards, I'd man up and play Unicorn.

What's /L5RG/s thoughs on the Dragon, specifically the Dragon Splash, especially in light of worlds? Personally I feel it's been over-hyped as the splash clan.

I play Phoenix but am close to flipping to Unicorn. Having a good time with them.

There any clans/schools that focus on Yari fighting? I'm playing in a 3.5 game and am getting tired of every one always using katana. I prefer the idea of a melee character using a Spear over the sword any way, feels like it makes more sense for a battlefield type character.

The let go and fury splash is good. Every deck will attack you and every deck is running fine katana and the fan. That being said I play lion and splash unicorn for captive audience and the wayfinder. Running into shamefur dispray and rally to the cause on your first attack is really bad and because lion is so lopsided into military its hard to get a political attack to work. And when you get off two military attacks in more than one turn winning on turn 3 is common.

Daidoji spring to mind. So the Iron Crane shcool.

>didn't get any good cards
But user Phoenix just got Kaede, Harmonize, Benten's Touch, and Censure.

You seem to be under the mistaken believe that not getting any good cards and complaining that you're not getting any good cards are in any way linked.

Remember, whenever you get a good conflict card, always explain that it's better as a splash so doesn't count.

Phoenix players seem, momentarily at least, happy with all their spoiled cards except for Consumed by Five Fires. Though opinion is a bit split on Embrace the Void.

The Lion Elite Spearman is what you want. You get SAAs with spears and spear throwing and at Rank 5 you even get a Free Action Spear Throw.

I actually would like to take a crack at the Phoenix ring control deck which is brewing. Where you mess around giving rings multiple elements. But it still needs a few more pieces.

An interesting economic denial deck is looking to be in the works too, though it would have been better in seeker for stone of sorrows.

I'd be really surprised if they don't have enough shugenja by the end of the cycle for a straight shugenja province breaking deck too.

Don't listen to the negativity towards the Unicorn.

They're playable and after Imperial cycle won't suck so hard against the most popular clans.

>New set drops Thursday and is legal for the tournament Saturday.

Why do people do this?

To keep you on your toes
fuck 'I need weeks to playtest' babbies. Trial by fire bitch

Running all these filler chuds in Dragon's dynasty deck is pretty awful, but I don't want them to get too much stuff until some weaker clans catch up.

My crab list feels pretty close to perfect in contrast. What other clans have a dynasty deck that feels complete?

Phoenix feels like two or three coherent dynasty decks were cut in half and stapled back together mismatched.

That's most clans right now. I really hope they go the old5r route and given every clan a number of themes that play differently with a stronghold for each.

Playtester anons,

Is Moto Juro actually a thing or were previous anons talking shit?

This, people are trying to make L5R into MTG style competition and it needs to stop.

It should be two weeks like it was in old5r. If I did not have Friday off I would not even get the new set until the day of the tournament.

Lion.

Lion by the end of Imperial look to have the rush/weenie game down.

Product is legal the day of release for store championships and after 11 days for Premier Teir events (Kotei and Grand Koteis).

This means at the big event you have time to playtest and practice, but people at stores can play with any of the cards they've bought. It doesn't seem like a terrible compromise to me.

FFG GiB moar 1 cost lion pls.

Oh. Well that's fine then.

FFG stop giving the Lion good things pls.