Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Singing Psykers Fundraising Benefit edition

>Previous
>Latest Community News
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Duncans Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=s6Lqi5iGIcM&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/?s=Errata
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for incels need to fuck off.

Agreed.

2nd for fix Tyranid mid-size bugs.

Primaris Inceptors armed with dual Power Fists/Lighting Claws when?.

my dudes > your dudes

What's going to happen to Sororitas next year?

tfw no primaris daddy to fuck me in front of my beta manlet marines

Warriors really need some love, Raveners still work pretty well, unless you want them to shoot stuff. If you do, IDK why you do but you can.

Can one of you faggots make a "trust no one, not even yourself" with robute but with the Codex instead of a gun

Ravener shooting is okay since they get built-in Deep Strike and Deathspitters just got buffed.

from last thread.

Best way to kit out a veteran squad for ImpG? Specifically as a "all around rapid response" kind of unit.

I was thinking, flamer, meltagun, two shotguns.

Any recommended loadouts? Recommended uses/tactics for veterans?

>Primaris
Mmmm I love me some Executioner Fodder!

Is Midnids gonna be the acceptable Tyranid list, the way Mech Tau was acceptable in 7th?

>Benefit for Victims of Kronos edition

Squatted, probably.

I really don't get the point of taking Deathspitters on them over Spine Fists (which are going down to 1 point in the new codex). Does adding Deathspitters increasing their effectiveness in a turn that much?

Warriors, Lictors, Thropes, and Tyrant Guard all need help.

Raveners are good, Hive Guard are excellent, Biovores are excellent.

The main problem is the new Codex focussed on buffing shooting when most nid players want to play melee.

Genestealers are still godly at melee and even got better, but Lictors, Hormagaunts, CC Warriors, Haruspexes, all got left in the dust. Carnifexes got a little bit of help but not enough to run pure Shovel-Tuskers over Dakkafexes ever.

Trygons also need major buffs, those losing combat to basic Dreadnoughts is fucking insulting, they're supposed to be our Imperial Knight equivalents.

Any melee nids is acceptable unless someone puts down literally 100 genestealers. They aren't anywhere near 7th tau-tier.

The unacceptable Nid lists are probably going to be Flyrant spam and mixing Hive Fleets.

Right, forgot about Lictors, which are in a funk of being a few steps behind where they should be. It always weirds me out that they are units of 1. Tyrant Guard IDK what to do with on fixing them.

But yeah you are right, they need to fix the rest of the codex.

>Trygon
>Our Knight equivalent

Is this before or after its wet tissue paper defenses? Cause the Trygon has some serious durability issues.

I am also interested in this and, for Tallarn specifically, want to know if I should default to veterans or SWS as my go-to special weapons carriers. As I understand it SWS are cheaper and can carry more dakka whereas vets actually have a chance of hitting something in a firefight.

Tyrant Guard guard tyrants pretty well? What more do they need to do? They aren't engineered to rip and tear they're engineered to be a meat shield.

>primaris marines
>any sort of melee

xth for why are burnas d3 when every other flamer is d6

wait, are Primaris bad in close combat? Cawl you fucking hack.

>Trygons also need major buffs, those losing combat to basic Dreadnoughts is fucking insulting, they're supposed to be our Imperial Knight equivalents.

What the fuck are you talking about

>It always weirds me out that they are units of 1.
They're supposed to be, they're lone assassins.

GW making Lictors shittier and cheaper in points so you have to buy more of them is the exact problem. They're supposed to be one-man killing machines like a combination Eversor/Callidus.

I said SUPPOSED to be, it very obviously isn't right now.

They should be Strength/Toughness 8 with a 5++ invulnerable save from the electric field just like electro-priests have. Also their Wounds should have gone up to around 16 judging by how most things were translated from 7th to 8th.

Everyone runs them right now because of the tunnels, not because they're actually good otherwise.

their guns aren't even effective as clubs

So, talk to me about Genestealer Cults. I'm interested in playing them, especially with the Hybrid Acolytes or Metamorphs.
Is a Tyranids detachment with Genestealers in it better than keeping them in Elites with the Cult Ambush?
What's the best way to kit the Hybrids out?
Do you still get Militarum Tempestus' benefits if you take them as your Brood Brothers, since they're a regiment, but not a ?
What are their weaknesses and strengths?

>Trygons also need major buffs, those losing combat to basic Dreadnoughts is fucking insulting, they're supposed to be our Imperial Knight equivalents.

Knights are like 500pts each. Trygons are 175pts. What do you want from them?

Hand flamers are in the same boat.
Bolt pistols are better while costing far less.

>Tyrant Guard guard tyrants pretty well? What more do they need to do? They aren't engineered to rip and tear they're engineered to be a meat shield.
They're a cost-ineffective meatshield compared to just taking a second Tyrant. I'm fine with them not ripping and tearing, but they need to be a lot cheaper to justify taking. Instead they gave them an extra attack in the new Codex which is the opposite of what they needed. Give them a 5+++ Feel No Pain and drop their cost and offensive output.

Besides their focus on melee what's the tyranid general weakness?

Biovores need more than a minimum squad size of 1. 36 points to fill a brigade slot is stupid.

>Spend ten thousand years perfecting the Space Marine
>Can't even hold themselves in a match of fisticuffs

ASTARTES FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

To increase the points cost and buff the stats instead of GW making all our stuff way shittier than it is in the fluff and just lowering the points so we have to spend money on more models that don't feel like the creatures they represent anymore?

Toughness 8
Guard gun-lines

Probably to balance their -2 AP cc.

Not a lot of ranged anti-tank.

Least durable basic infantry for cost of all the horde races.

Generally short-ranged weapons.

Is list posting acceptable for new players here?

Unless they get a special rule of enemies can't over watch them and they can single out characters to charge they will remain trash. Throw a 4+ save on them natively and they become decent at not dying automatically, S5 T5, make Fleshhooks pistols and remove instinctive behavior (forget if the codex does that). Maybe add a wound and an attack. Makes them worth it imo for taking an entire elite slot for one friggen guy.

Yes, but keep the format as simple as possible.

People listpost all the time. But not many people want to list edit all the time, so feedback not guaranteed.

>Primaris
>Bad in close combat
>have personally done this to primaris marines with my Ork boyz

Well, there goes the theory that Cawl is really an Ork Mekboy's brain hiding in a techpriest body out the window. No self-respecting Ork would EVER make something that was terrible in close combat.

>Looking through ebay for steals
>See this
What. Do people actually run full bike lists?

>S5 T5
They're S6, it should be S6 T5 just like their original statline.

Also they need back their dodge save that was given to Genestealers and Broodlords, I don't know why Lictors didn't get that back if GW brought back the Lightning Reflexes rule.

Fleshhooks are already able to be fired in combat like pistols, the problem is they're supposed to be able to drag Characters out of the middle of blobs into combat which they don't do right now.

They definitely need an extra attack, but they don't need another Wound as long as they get the armour save, toughness, and invulns.

Chameleonic Skin should be better than just a -1 to hit though. Fuck Raven Guard can do that for Terminators by just standing outside rapid fire range, Lictors are supposed to be downright invisible until they're in your face.

Built these guys today. What are you sad, lonely fools working on?

That's kind of sad, to be honest.
So much dedication and time spent on that army, just to put it up on ebay.

I'm talking about Trygons get beaten by Dreadnoughts when they're originally super-heavy assault beasts that are supposed to eat Baneblades without hassle.

Stripping and fixing Marines to get ready for the dangles codex. I'm halfway stripped and burning out a little

How fun is a Battalion of Kabalite Warriors with Raiders and dark lance, and Razorwing army?

Fair enough, new to playing nids, new as in still on the fence playing nids or CW:E for new army (non humanoid models though are a damn nice break after everything). So yeah after reading those changes I get you're point and feel a bit frustrated by proxy.

Eh, the listing says it was painted by "goat boy" so I don't think he did them himself. Also the quality of the paint job varies a lot.

GoatBoy is a WAACfag that posts on BoLS.

Has anyone here done a homebrew planetary campaign? How did it go?
I'm looking to do something similar to the DoW campaigns

>If someone believes it's holy it hurts daemons

Are daemons reverse orks?

I have.
Not well.

>Gene-seed defects and mutations were one of the few interesting aspects that created unique distinctions within the Astrates chapters. GW even encouraged players to forge their own chapter with their creative input of mutations by a introducing a entire mysterious founding to justify their existence in the lore.
>Entire story lines centered on how these defects and mutations defined these chapters, with some seeing it as a curse, others as a gift, or a necessary sacrifice that tested their devotion to their Primarch and Emperor. Players can even correctly guess where a Chapter is derived from based solely on their gene-seed features.
>Suddenly, Cawl appears, and not only introduces Super Space Marines, but they are cured of the gene-seed mutations and defects that have plagued chapters for a millennia. Now, most, if not all, Primaris Marines that will one day replace the regular ones, will be more or less the same in terms of function and effectiveness.
Why?

Alright, then here I go with my prototype Tallarn list - bear in mind I am new and have not accounted for point costs, this is just something that I would ideally like to see and I will edit it further down depending of feasibility.

Tallarn fast attack battalion, aiming for 1000pt

HQ
>Tank Commander
>Company Commander
>Psyker

Infantry
x 6 Infantry squads (flamers, bolt pistol)

Elites:
>Command squad (melta)
>2 platoon commanders
>x 2 Ratlings (5 each)
>Special weapon squad (plasma)
>Special weapon squad (flamer, x2 demolition)
>Astropath

Fast attack:
>Hellhound (Heavy bolter, track guards)
>Devil Dog (Flamer, track guards)
>Sentinels w/ heavy flamers - denying deep strike

Heavy support
>Leman Russ (lascannon, heavy bolter, battle cannon)
>x 2 Heavy Weapon Squad (Lascannon)

Transport
>Chimera (double heavy bolter, track guards) for deploying the SWS

Wow that's a lot of stuff for 1000 points, I mean sure guard.

WHAT ARE YA BUYIN STRANGER?

>Pretty decent looking DW army for sale for reasonable price
>List has 10 mins left and not a single bid
Sad!
I secretly hope that it'll blow up in there face and the Primaris turn out to be even more unstable than their manlet brothers.

What options are there for wings to slap on a warrior body. Since I am working on resurrecting the Parasite of Mortrex and am a huge fan of it I am looking to make a model of it myself. Normally the shrike wings would be go to but well discontinued, same with chapter house.

You're an idiot if you think the Blood Angel and Space Wolf Primaris guys are going to be "cured", they're going to get worse so we get Primaris Wulfen and Primaris Vampire Death Company.

Biologus Putrifier? Love it.

Where did the corpse on his backpack come from?

Two sets of gargoyle wings is your only decent option right now unless you can find recast Shrike wings.

>List has 10 mins left and not a single bid
Well what's the asking price? Some people list their shit for way unreasonable starting values.

To be fair that army was hit pretty hard by 8th edition too.

Looks pretty strong!
What are your psykers going to be doing?

You got to be careful with all that squishy stuff.

Because none of that shit you typed about before the word Primaris(tm) can be trademarked.

Chapterhouse was a pyrrhic victory for 40k hobbyists. This is the result.

HEH HEH HEH... THANK YOU!

Also yes it is; and the corpse is from the Crypt Horror kit.

I remember this user. I'm one of those people he was responding to. I'm waiting for his smug ass to be proven wrong.

400 Usd. Seems reasonable comes with quite a lot, but ya I guess the army was hit hard. They just have a special place in my heart as Xcom Marines.
kitbashed watch master
captain Artemis
Chaplain cassius
Captain in terminator armor with sword and storm shield (Half painted)
3 librarians
2 black shields
1 sgt with xenos sword
13 veterans with bolters/melee weapons
3 each plasma, melta, grav, stalker bolter, concerns heavy bolter
4 veterans with frag cannons
6 veterans with shotguns
10 jump pack vets with assorted power weapons (1 unpainted)
6 bikers (5 unpainted)
6 terminators, 5 of which have magnetized arms so you can swap your loadout at will, see the pictures
1 land raider redeemer/crusader
2 rhinos
3 drop pods
1 corvus blackstar
7th ed codex:deathwatch and datacards, for all the fluff lovers out there.

Eaten by nids.

$400 I'll pass

DScythes and Heavy DScythes welcome you to the d3 hits family.

They're free for one.

>Nurgle has wares, if you have pox

I have more fun playing with my Dark Eldar than my other armies. Everything's mobile, everything shoots well, and everything is more than happy to stab people. Kabalites in transports are a solid core so you can add whatever you want to it.

>Why?
because it's been hinted that primaris haven't been fully cured of the mutations, and even then only the biggest instabilities, like the red thirst or SW turning into wulfen have been removed.
Plus primaris will continue to develop their own muations over time. It's not like this is the first time marine geneseed has been purified, such as with regular marines after each legion got their primarch thus stabilizing their geneseed.

Put point values.

oh man Emperor is going to be pissed, I want Russ to come back and slap both Girlyman and Cawl for being absolute heretical retards.

In 7th people did, it was top tier WAACfaggotry.

Not even sure it makes 1000 points - all the infantry probably does but I may cut some armour in the end. I will post it here once I do the math.

I assume bolstering morale with that one psykana of theirs and smiting occasionally - I think it's mostly for denying, since some of the powers I saw played on youtube are fucking disgusting.

What would you suggest to work around it? From what I saw in the codex, unless I go full armour or introduce tempestus, they will stay squishy forever. And I don't think I can afford more than Tank commander + 1 LR on 1000 points.

What went wrong?

LION
FUCKING
WHEN

Your alien ass wishes it could taste this.

Cheeky Beakies.

yeah I am working on this - just waited to see if people here point out something that's completely shite and needs to be removed.

>are Primaris bad in close combat?
not bad, they're twice as effective as regular tacs are in combat. They just have very few dedicated melee units yet, because we only have a portion of what will be the final primaris line. The one's we do have aren't bad, just meh.

Same

Mech Tau was underrated for 7th. Dat Armored Interdiction Cadre, rerolls made the Ionhead a "better" discount Russ.

Nebar, hes not coming back with the DA codex so I doubt we'll see him this whole edition.

Because the last time russ slapped some's shit up fro disobeying emps went so well, right?
Though I suppose it would be in character for russ to just rush in without thinking and get rid of the two people helping fix the imperium.

ROCK DRILLS AND BASILISKS

>I assume bolstering morale
In that case, I'd recommend downgrading the primaris psyker to an Astropath.
Then, upgrade 1-2 of your platoon commanders to company commanders to benefit from more orders.

Never

Reaver are actually decent skirmishers for their costs (90pts for 5 models with 10 wounds, 3+ armour, and 16 attacks in cc, while having a couple nifty rules with their vox-masks and shock grenades)

I also managed to make the last survivor a wolfen unit run away from the reaver's austic screeching last time i used them,

You just have a ton of targets for blenders, if you move infantry in range just don't dip your toe or your foot gets bitten off you need to go in the water and punch that fish

Nothing. Chapter Approved rumor of army/warlord/relic for SoB basically means no SoB codex anytime soon.

GW's having production issues at their factory currently, so no new sisters models are expected either.

Also, GW dropped a lot of money into the new DG and Primaris molds, they won't be doing that again anytime soon. At least not for 40k. 2018 is an AoS year anyway, so any new releases they might squeeze out model wise will be for that anyway.

So we have...

>Chapter Approved rules to make SoB army 'complete'.
>Lack of available run-time for new model production
>Lack of funds for new master molds this soon after DG and Primaris
>2018 is an AoS release year anyway

All that adds up to Sisters once again getting nothing new.

Which I personally think is great, as unlike other armies I don't keep having to re-build and/or re-buy my army every edition.