>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>WIP's own 10-point painting scale:
pastebin.com/sxXFfws3

>The Bloody Hand will point the way!
youtube.com/watch?v=hQGiFWwZJno

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JhY9GOhFwN4
imgur.com/a/1fxhq
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I put the subject in the name field like a retard. Oh well.

Decided to paint the Khorne dudes from the Shadespire box this evening.

The bases on these dudes are kinda lame in comparison to the Stormcast.

I like that these guys gave me a reason to use Brass and Gold though.

My lamp makes the scars look brighter than they actually look under normal light. I actually like how they came out.

Painted them a bright pink before all the skin got hit with a flesh wash, then did a purple wash over them before highlighting.

The boss man. I like that he's holding a head and has a cool beard.

Gonna give them a varnish tomorrow and then start working on either the Orks or the Skeletons.

The second attempt at these jerks turned out at least a little better

I'm back to stripping old models to convert new units that look great and perform terribly

much better

The skin on this guy looks noticibly worse than the others, I think it's too much shading in the middle/the neck

Yeah the recess took way too much wash and I didn't notice it really until I looked at the photos as well. Going to fix it in the morning.

Any C&C?

Also, side note. I recently got Brush Soap, as has been shilled here by "Big Brush Cleaner" and I gotta say I'm satisfied with the purchase, brush seems to have a good sharpness to it now and it got off some of the color that stained it.

Back view so you could see the other side of the sword. I've been getting a better hang of glazing and layering these days, but of course I still have moments of sloppiness.

Is the overall scheme too drab?

sword and head are good, I think thehighlights on the armour are a little bit thick though

I'm fixing up and stripping minis from my first space wolves army. I forgot I broke one of the tails off my thunderwolves one game. How can I make it look like it got cut off and docked?

I agree with
that the highlights need work on the back armor, but I don't think they're too thick, but more that you could do more to blend them in. Like take a little bit of a watered down color of that highlight and feather it out.

If you're going for a gameworkshop type of edge highlight, then I would say they're not clean enough.

That said, the sword looks a little chalky. It might just be because of how close the picture is though.

Overall though, it's a pretty solid mini, those things I mentioned are more things that I think you could just keep in mind on your next mini, instead of going back on this one.

Literal first minis so huge grains of salt.
Primed them white because it was what I had and realized why this was a bad idea once I got to the small bits between the gun. Was really relaxing just sitting down and painting. Also missed a couple bits of mold lines and bad cutting which I'm rectifying on the rest of the warriors. Besides what I listed, what else should I focus on for the remaining necron warriors?

another piece of crap for cabinet in my mancave

Pretty happy with tonights progress

Zombie Orks?

Looking for advice, which colour scheme should I go with tg?

he's jst a bit pale because he doesn't get enough sunlight, might be a little anemic too

Left is the better one

Is there a Duncan version of the patcha thing? I need it for reasons.

Prime the rest in leadbelcher, give a nuln oil wash and highlight/drybrush with a lighter silver and u'll be on your way to good necrons m'lad

Thanks. I tried using some ironbreaker as a layer but it didn't show up well. Are layer paints supposed to look somewhat separated in the paint pot? It looked a bit strange but this is my first time painting outside of elementary school art classes so no frame of reference. I did decide to start making them my dudes with a nice blue layer on the back shoulders. Plan on using blue for warriors, gold for immortals, and both for my HQ choices and vehicles

Just about finished Doomrider

And behind

super gay, i miss the old impaled head, that shit was a work of art. I mean the expression was absolutely perfect, his fucking face said "Bruh", exactly the attitude I would have expected.

You ruined that shit and should fucking kill yourself. I would hurl a shit ton of racial slurs at you (casting a wide net to make sure I got you with at least one) were I not sick of resetting my router from the inevitable bans I get for that shit. Not a meme, I am genuinely butt-flustered over this.

What washes do you guys like to use on golds?

Agrax

reikland or more likely serephim sepia

That one guard looks moderately irritated about his situation

Do the two look different by much? They seem similar to me

Recess and not allover right?

I like to splot it on for that deep rich look.

reikland pinkens it up, sepia yellows it up, agrax browns it up, and everything touched by nuln is BLACKED

youtube.com/watch?v=JhY9GOhFwN4

I remember a video of someone using Druchii I think it was on golds.
Wasn't half bad once finished.
Golds seem tricky with all the layers and washes to use

Let's start!
Any questions?

gold/purple/white is the patricians colour scheme and looks dapper as fuck

I don't participate in these but I enjoyed all the warm fuzzy feelings I got when Anons started posting/painting their gifts last year. Looking forward to this.

How random is it?
Will they be continental grouped?
10-15$ present with equal shipping costs...

Yea always shake the paint pot before opening, some separate when left to sit for a while, auric gold is notorious for this.

Blue looks good.

Also, don't glue in the green rods until you're finished, makes it all a lot easier.

Last year we managed to get continetal matches (as loads were participating) albeit not always same country (in EU at least).

Neat

drakenhoff over gold gives you an incredible aged look

Here
imgur.com/a/1fxhq
is an album of last years presents!

has anyone got some good screencaps of duncan drinking paint water in that new water pot ad? I need them for reasons. Mostly reaction images.

Is it possible to have something done in advance if I note it in my email? I'm moving out of my house for a month at the start of December, and I fear the present a kind user would send me would risk being sent back because I wouldn't be able to get it. Obviously I would send a present right away/now as well if I was given an adress.

That's too bad. If you note your (approximate location) right here, maybe someone is willing to do it. Otherwise I'd say skip the SS this year, unfortunately.

I wanted to do two this year anyways. I'll do something for this user

>all that zombicide stuff

Is the guy making a 2B in a 3D printer here?

Thanks guys, I'm in the UK, west midlands. Really pisses me off because I loved doing the SS, it's been nothing but good things for me everytime, and I loved sending presents as well.

I dont know if that dude is around but give me your email and we can exchange addresses, I'll have you something out in a couple of days, everyone should be able to get in on the SS thing we do

That looks more than 10-15 dollaridoos.

I've been thinking about participating, but I don't have much to offer.

>dollaridoos
Looking at the GW prices in shitpostistan I'd say you could get 1 (one) space marine helmet for 15$. But anyway, the thought counts and $15 is the guideline. If people wanna give more then that's fine too.

Thanks dude, appreciate it.
[email protected]
Hopefully it works, haven't used it for ages.

If you have kits laying around you can send that as well.

Anyone try to bash the plastic mk3 kit with the new plague marines?

>he dont look too ancient to me.

Ancient is a corruption of Ensign in high gothic.

Shit really? I genuinely didn't know that and I've been in 40k for ages.

Specifically in regards to the Primaris Marines I should have said.

Like Rylanor the Ancient holds a rank far in excess of Ensign.

Renegade tonk in the fridge coming through!

Right one looks nice. Purple gold would look like sisters of silence.

I played Guard in 6th, are Chimera transports worth a shit in 8th or are they still just wet paper transports?

I don't play user, I paint armies and squads for fun. I'm sorry

Finally finished. Yes, that is my kitchen.

I'll send an email, I really enjoyed doing it last year.

Glad to see that Haqqislam starter got to it's user. If you finished them, I'd love to see the results. I rarely make it onto Veeky Forums anymore, so I missed the threads where everyone shared their gifts. Hopefully I'll have better luck this year (not to sound ungrateful, but one of you deserves coal this year. You know who you are.).

No problem, it looks good for what it's worth.

Sounds like fun. I'm UK based, is that an issue?

If the UK is too far for you, im EU based, so i could chime in as well

That doesnt matter bro! It's the gesture and I'm sure you'll find something worthy in your bitzbox.

No, we have lots of people from all around the world participating!

Is there a list of things that should and shouldn't be sent?

I almost got a dildo but apparently user was too hungry and used the money to buy food. Shame.

Sent, inb4 Op sells our personal info to somalian pirates.

Things you shouldnt send:
Dragon dildos
Things you should send:
Cool stuff

But really, check the album I linked earlier, the gifts are really diverse, ranging from complete kits to lots of bits to modelling/painting supplies. If user included something in his registration email (eg armies/systems he plays, what he collects etc) I'll forward this as well to his partner so you can cater to his wishes (if you want to).
I received a really cool Kromlech model last year, even though I dont collect Orks (or even play 40k anymore), but still I really love the model and its also a great challenge to paint something im not really used to! So just use your imagination, as long as you dont send unusable crap (as in broken or whatever) it will be fine!
Oh and also maybe check for your post regulations, as some items might be not allowed.

Turkanon, not trying to shitpost, just really curious: How are things going with your customs and stuff? Any country of origin I should avoid? Or is it chill?

holy shit someone got a whole Black Plague kickstarter pledge?

Yeah, some people have the money and really enjoy gifting, but you should not expect something that big or you will be disappointed.

Chill most of the time. Just try not to send an airsoft gun or tobacco.

Should we send a tracking number by replying to the random adress mail when we send our package? To make sure the package arrives to the user ofc.

Actually don't worry guys, I'll participate normally, I'll just give the adress I'll have for that month, silly cunt that I am. It's in France so it should be fine.

About to start work on a recast of FW Morty. He makes a better Typhus than Typhus does,

>tfw assembled the model with arms and base
>tfw primed it white
>tfw forgot what colours I used on the pants

Nah, not really. We can't do shit about people not sending stuff anyways (only can exclude them from next year), so we have to rely on the participants. Last year it were onyl 2 ( out of ~70 or so) who didn't send anything/the package didn't arrive.
But we managed to get them something from some nice anons who sent them something as a replacement.

neato, which caster did you use?

So, I send you the address now or whenever, and then sometime in December I will get one back?

Hey guys,

I can't decide if the weathering powder I'm using is the right colour.

I'm trying to make the feet look dusty. The power is Forge World, grey ash.

Is it right, or should I be using another colour?

Z. His Morty doesn't require much work and is only £12

Yep, I reply to every email I get so you know you've been registered, and coming Dec 1st, I'll match people and send emails with adresses out to all the anons.

Cool, looks like he really improved on his detail game. Looking forward seeing it painted

I really like it! But check the front of his right foot, there's barely any powder and it looks a little off.

Truly /wip/ is the comfiest place in Veeky Forums, or maybe whole Veeky Forums.

I love the Primaris models, but I also love the aesthetic of Night Lords and their fluff - that includes the lightning and terror masks.

How can I paint Primaris marines as Night Lords without destroying canon too much?

The whole 'Cawl used traitor geneseed' thing might be pushing it if they have lightning and terror masks, that would be too on the nose.

How likely is it that chaos marines have started making their own (likely second-rate and unstable) chads?

My experience with z was the absolute worst. Of all the things i ordered from him only nids were usable and it was because they are creatures so odd warpage,bad casted parts etc did not look so bad on them. Imperials on the other hand were just outright unusable.

I heard his most recent stuff is not bad and he improved, any confirmation on that?

Primaris already destroyed the canon so you can screw it up more.
Just use regular night lords parts to convert and treat them as regular night lords. Shoulder pads, heads etc are the same size anyway.

>I really like it! But check the front of his right foot, there's barely any powder and it looks a little off.

Thanks. He's just one of my test marines, which is why I haven't done a good job.

I'm trying the powders with the intention of using them on pic related.

>How likely is it that chaos marines have started making their own (likely second-rate and unstable) chads?
Incredibly likely.