Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

Dangles and wolves are awful edition

>Previous thread

>Warhammer Community news(new codexes)
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/news-codexes-heroes-blood-glorygw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=4kJNqVL320Q [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

modernsynthesist.com/search/label/Hive Fleet Moloch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for texas toy soldiers a best

Are stratagems good or bad for game balance and strategy?

Also, anyone else think 8th is even more spammy than 7th?

anyone know if there's a chinese reseller of empty citadel pots or pots that are similar to citadel pots? I literally have no old pots to clean out and reuse. If they're not the standard diameter that's fine, the little tongue in the top is the most important feature.

my dudes > your dudes

Why did you fuck up the pasta?

Conceptually good, but the execution is kind of messed up.

Are nids top tier now?

>Are stratagems good or bad for game balance and strategy?
Much better than Formation rules. They require a limited resource and also have a restriction on uses per phase.

The spamminess of the edition is because they didn't fix the fucking Battle-forged rules properly, these stupid Detachments are way too flexible and easily abused. We need to go back to 2nd edition style, points percentage caps on unit types, and cheap units need to have more counters.

Reposting my list. I like the look of the little jacket potato now that I've seen him, plus, I'd rather only order the one doomglaive so he stands out more. He rides with the halberd dudes in the raven with the brother captain and get out ASAP. Interceptor goes to annoy a flank somewhere and everyone else drops down as needed.

Grey Knights - Vanguard Detachment
Grandmaster Voldus
-- Sanctuary, Gate of Infinity, Purge Soul
Apothecary
-- Daemonhammer, Sanctuary
Paladin Squad
-- Paragon - Daemonhammer
-- 3x Falchions, Hammerhand
Paladin Squad
-- 3x Halberds, Hammerhand

Grey Knights - Vanguard Detachment
Brother-Captain -WARLORD-
-- Daemonhammer, Incinerator, Purge Soul, First to the Fray
Paladin Ancient
-- Banner of Refining Flame, Falchion, Gate of Infinity
Paladin Squad
-- 3x Falchions, Hammerhand
Doomglaive Dreadnought
-- Stormbolter, Heavy Psycannon, Gate of Infinity
Stormraven
-- Hurricane Bolters, Twin-Lascannon,
Twin-Multimelta
Stormhawk Interceptor
-- Las-talon, Heavy Bolters, Twin Assault Cannon

post game pictures

Probably not.

We'll see how things change after the Smite nerfs.

Nth for chaos trembling in the face of the hive mind

Threadly reminder that Tyranids can eat Plague Marines and are better at toxins than Nurgle.

>Are stratagems good or bad for game balance and strategy?
Theyre functionally the same thing as formations but with an opportunity cost

Formations were cancer for three main reasons:
1. They were free
2. The bonuses were not balanced against other formations
3. Formations often generated free units

Command Points and changes to the game rules fix all 3 of these

My main concern going forward is that the CP system isn't very granular and they will be difficult to balance against each other.

Please don't get Carnac started again, that faggot has ruined so many threads with his butt devastation the past week, the fun has already long worn off.

Dark angels are actually a cooler and less gay faction than current furry-SW

The Hive Mind has no face, but mmm mmm mmm, dat thorax.

I thought of this too and without any conversion work, it was kinda silly to see the gland at the back of the head. It was too big and looked like a bicycle helmet. But seeing your post, I just remembered Moloch doing something similar. So I looked up it and found his kill team where he put it on front of the face. It does look good, but I was hoping to use my custom gasmasks and such too. But maybe I can have variants? I'll play the adrenal gland idea though. Still open to other's suggestions too.

From last thread: Making tyranid parasite zombies. Post ideas.

>Google says it about 50 mins away.
>Guess it could be worse.
>implying 50 minutes is a long drive in the DFW area
Oh, to be so naive again. Meta isn't too competitive, though I've been up north for uni for the past couple months so that may have changed. Doubtful though
>tfw no good FLGS up near my uni so haven't been able to play for the last couple months
At least I've been able to cut down my backlog. And hey, I suppose I don't really have room to bitch going to a top 20 uni for 1/3rd the normal cost, and with a lot of great people who share similar interests. Just need to finish up my nids so I can give them some intro games to 8th

Because I wasn't browsing until now, what are you a neet?

And nidfags claim they are not the ones starting shit.

I'm really sad Moloch's site isn't up anymore. What ever happened to him?

this man speaks the truth

>Draigowing is back
Oh fuck yeah. Though I'd put hammers in solo squads, like 1-2 with all hammers and the rest falchions/halberds, otherwise you're mixing things around and cutting overall effieciency

Trips confirmed for OP a shit.

I cant wait for the wave of ork tears as their codex turns out to be yet another turd

Fuck ork players and their shitty autistic scratchbuilds that they think look so good

I dunno. There's something funny about Carnac proving our point for us.

>one guy baits chaos autists for lulz, possibly isn't even an actual nid player
>chaos autists REEEEE
>unironically blaming nid players and not the chaos autists for fucking responding instead of not being thread-ruining retards that take the bait
Here's your (You)

No one fielding halberds over falchions cares about efficiency.

It stopped being funny a week ago now it's just a massive shitpost circle jerk.

>it's Carnac ruining the threads
>not the Nidfags spamming a couple lines in order to deliberately stir shit

nth for sisters.

Did an ork player beat you badly recently or something?

People have a choice to ignore obvious bait or go wall of text autismo rage on it because you think it proves some sort of superiority

>Plague Hulk
>Decades after its apparent demise, Gorgon reemerges. It's path converges with the plague hulk Vomnivorax. The Hive Fleet launches boarding tentacles, and swarms of gants pour into the corrupted vessel. Plague Marines of the Mouldering Claw obliterate the initial waves of invaders, their disease-ridden flesh immune to the toxins of the Gorgon. The swarm consumes those few who fall. During the next wave of the invasion, Toxicrenes lace the tunnels of the ship with a refined spore-agent which causes the Plague Marines' rancid flesh to slough from their bones.
Nurgle BTFO. How will he ever recover?

Dubs decide whether I go Renegade Knights or Imperial Knights since last thread didn't decide.

Christ there's so much wrong with that picture.

I'm not sure. I was pretty bummed too when I was trying to find it to show it to my kid cousin to inspire him with the hobby. I had to go to Mr Pink's blog to find his pictures.

modernsynthesist.com/search/label/Hive Fleet Moloch

Now you know how we Fantasyfags feel. At least it's got his shitposting distracted for now.

They fucking wish, my Eldar and Marines have never, EVER lost to orks in any edition and I dont see that ever changing soon. In fact I tabled orks just last week by turn 3

Chaos fags always do this, they did to bids, they did to guard, they did marines and they'll keep doing it until the end of times

Hey, do you guys remember that one time the Space Wolves got butt-blasted about losing the honor duel so they fucking murdered the Dark Angels champion?
I wouldn't even mind if there had been some consequences, but nope, the novel ends with the champions second forgiving Ragnar.
Fucking Cuck Angels.

>nidfags bait chaos fags
>it's somehow chaosfags fault

Renegade. Convert them all to look like their weapons are sonic weapons.

God damn the imperium. I don't know how those targeting candles work on a sword, but I am intrigued.

And nidfags know exactly what option chaosfags will pick, so if they didn't post that shit there would be no issue.

Halberds can be better, especially on Paladins. As you get more attacks per model the +1 of falchions decreases in value, but on the flip side there's limited situations halberds are better anyway so take what you will. However the benefit on like ogryn is real in my experience, but calculating against like T8 is just shorthand for "I shoulda used hammers instead"

>Meta isn't too competitive
Oh good. I'm pretty new to wargaming so the idea of a competitive shop scares me. I'm also starting Orks and I'd rather not paint up more than the 90 I already have.
>implying 50 minutes is a long drive in the DFW area
Pretty sure I've been spoiled. In Nebraska I got lucky and everything I need was like 10 mins away max, and in California I could just call an uber or take a bus anywhere I didnt want to drive.
>top 20 uni for 1/3rd the normal cost
Good Job user!

>falling for bait is somehow not shameful now

The hammers are reliably a good choice.

>Tyranids encounter a new foe
>minor initial setback
>lolol they just adapt and the enemy is BTFO
Wow, such an interesting faction.

Seriously, why would the Tyranid even care about a space hulk? Shouldn't they just ignore anything that isn't attacking them or teeming with life?

>Tyranids ate plague marines
>Tyranids can eat warp tainted meat, just not daemons
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Carnac BTFO.

Also, are there more like this?

It's a Ragnar new BL novel, only the original Ragnar series was good, modern day BL only writes shit

>shitposting is somehow not shameful now

Why wouldn't they eat it?

Space Hulks are like the reverse Kinder Eggs of space. The nids wanted the creamy nougat center.

I could do that but you mainly want hammers in there for the 3+ to hit on the justicar. And I only put halberds in there because they look cool as shit. Also edited my shit so the Interceptor dude has Typhoons so he can actually kill something.

>BL writes shit
What's new?

>hide genestealers on a space hulk
>scavenger/patrol/pirates come to investigate it or whatever
>infect one of them
>spread cults

Its not rocket science.l

Definitely. They're a solid source of AT on Paladins or a character, but generally need the GM/Draigo bubble to stay effective

>>top 20 uni for 1/3rd the normal cost
>Good Job user!

To be fair, I did fuck all to get the discount, that's just what Notre Dame does when your uncle is a priest with the Congregation of holy cross. Still, I did get in on my own merits, so there's that at least. Plus the people here are great, lots of folk into Veeky Forums stuff

Because it's like 99% empty metal just drifting through the void. Shit, the odds of two objects randomly bumping into each other in the middle of space is astronomical.

It's hard to spread a cult from a radiation blasted hunk of metal floating in space.

Bonus points if you dress your GM in balloon pants and pose him like he's dancing.

Not like they have anything better to do.

There's no mention of their being a genestealer cult on the plague hulk. If there was, that would change things.

Didn't Tyranids also digest metals? The foot troops can't, but I thought the giant cesspools also consumed metal things.

>give up on 40k once it became chaos wankfest following fantasy becoming chaos wankfest
>check back in to see chaos BTFO'd for the first time in a decade

Hol up

Is GW seriously fucking up Chaos?

Are they going back to the old fluff where the Chaos Gods were scared as hell by the Nids consuming the galaxy?

Not that I want to see Chaos shit on too much, two wrongs don't make a right, but it's a welcome change to see Chaos not unstoppable and always winning without an effort.

inb4 IT WAS JUST A PLAN CHAOS LET THEM WIN

Don't they eat metal and gasoline or whatever?

almost forgot
>Pretty sure I've been spoiled.
Yes, but also no. Texas, especially DFW and houston, are just absurdly large urban sprawls, and traffic tends to be terrible for a number of reasons. It's more that DFW has stupidly long drive times.

>1/3 off cause your uncle joined the molestor brigade
>and that tooootally didn't affect letting you into the school
Sod off you Irish poof, USC or you're just poor

Spreading cults on actual planets comes to mind as something better to do.

It takes longer.

>furries being shit as usual

cult of nowhere

There's a canon story where Nids can't digest carbon, so we have to guesstimate what they can and can't digest.

And a canon story about dying from winter.

When are GW going to start producing Fenresian dildos?

>There's a canon story where Nids can't digest carbon
Yet they can digest carbon based lifeforms?

>Sod off you Irish poof, USC or you're just poor
Yeah, sure I'd love to go to a school with worse academics and a worse football team. Seems y'all are still bootyblast over us beating you. Though I guess even wake forest was a closer game, so perhaps you have a right to be.

I doubt it. They only eat the top layer of the planets they consume, which would miss most of the metal. They also don't do anything with that metal.

>>give up on 40k once it became chaos wankfest
Wat? Chaos has always felt like a really minor power in 40k to me until now. They generally just hung out at the Cadian Gate and didn't do much.

Pffft. As if Nids can handle cold temperatures. That's why they use those adorable electric blankies when they travel in space.

You too can digest carbon based life forms. Why don't you eat a pound of pencil lead and tell us what happens.

Thoughts on my WIP Deathwatch Terminator Chaplain? Looking for some feedback.

Am I a WAAC Fag if I ask you not to fast roll your D3 damage attacks against my 2 wound infantry? Or if you fast roll, am I supposed to assign the damage dice in the order I see fit?

If you fastroll 1, 3, 3, 2, 1 damage vs a unit of 2 wound infantry.
Player A says, "10 damage, 2 wound Inf, means 5 guys die."
Player B says, "3 fatal attacks, three dead, and two 1 damage attacks means 4 guys die."
Player C says, "1 damage allocated, then the 3 is spent on that first guy, wasting the extra 2 damage. 1 troop dead. Repeat for the other 1&3, 1 more dead troop. Allocated the 2 damage to third model, results: 3 models dead, no wounded."

Player D insists on slow rolling, though, which results in: 1 = 1 wounded; 3, so the wounded guy dies; 3, so another guy dies; 2, so another guy dies; 1, so one guy wounded. Results: 3 dead, 1 wounded?

So which player should I be? Does your answer change depending on if you are the attacker or the defender?

>traffic tends to be terrible for a number of reasons
Yea whats up with that. I grew up in Nebraska and when I was moving out here I kinda expected the same "everyone drives a little slow but it's safe as hell" kind of experience. Instead I get more "Fuck you" California style traffic. Da fuck.

That story I referenced is just the author being a blithering idiot. Even if he lacked the science to understand that ash is biomass, pyrovores already existed when the story was written.

My point is that the canon has to be interpreted, so we can avoid trusting shitty narrators, like CS Goto.

Seeing as nids can digest metal I'm gonna ask for a reason why carbon is such an anomaly too them?

They get mad background wank without ever doing anything major to the setting (thanks eternal setting stasis!). Then, when they finally decide to advance the setting, the net result of Chaos's big victory in the 13th Black Crusade is a stronger Imperium.

You're not supposed to fast roll it.

>leprechauns so shit they can only brag about football
Oh right, scenic north Indiana has so much going for it

Anyone have that post that perfectly sums up why Space Wolves are the worst Space Marine Faction?

Looking good, but needs 1000% more purity seals.

Then how were the squats killed? Surely the dwarves would have collapsed their tunnels and lived deep underground.

Are you illiterate? Why don't you post a source on Tyranids digesting metal and put this whole debate to rest.

The squats were killed by a nid that evolved a beard so seductive, the squats willingly died to have sex with it.

Chaplain/10
Needs more details but it looks alright so far.

Reports of Leviathan's death were greatly exaggerated - in fact its grown so powerful from the Octarius War that it responded to the defeat at Baal by launching a new offensive that consumed the Red Wolves Space Marines homeworld.

Yeah, you're not supposed to fast roll damage unless its on a single target. Our group is pretty casual and even we don't do that.