Anyone run the new Delta Green?

Anyone run the new Delta Green?

How is it?

Feels like a better version of everything good about the old DG.

It's pretty good. I like the relationship system and how it immediately deteriorates and isolates your character unless you spend alot of time on keeping up with your family and friends.

Im sad to see that the Karotechia is gone though. You can never get enough of Undead Nazi Wizards.

Ran some games of it past year, just ordered all of the published scenarios to try and string together a mini campaign in the next couple of weeks.

I really like it. It feels like a huge step forward for the call of cthulhu rules, trimming the fat in some places and adding cool, fluffy bits in other places.

Now, if only the wait for the handlers book wasn't going to be so god damn long.

I'm using the new handlers book as fuel for an unknown armies game.

>Now, if only the wait for the handlers book wasn't going to be so god damn long.

The PDF of the handlers book came out on Halloween for Kickstarter backers. Drive-thru has it but I don't know if it for general sale yet.

I know, but I have am a devil of a t8me reading game book pdfs. Gotta have that physical copy.

I've skimmed it though, I like some of what they are doing.

You running 3rd edition? I bought the slipcase version but damn if I'm ever gonna get my players to play a game of it.

If you have the money, investing in a tablet helps.

My brother and my wife got super into Stranger Things and my brother has been asking me to run a game of this to fix his being a 1980s spook itch. Does this fit the bill at all (I dm for him all the time I've just never run a DG or any mythos game, although I'm pretty familiar with the mythos)

Yeah, either Delta Green or Call of Cthulhu will do. Delta Green is more focused on government agents, but the rules themselves are perfectly usable as hapless civilian investigators. Call of Cthulhu similarly is more focused on the 1920s, but there are quite a few Cthulhu Modern supplements to it (Delta Green started as one).

Actively running, no. Really really itching to run, hell yes. I have like 2 people interested but needing one or two more.

For a couple one shots. I enjoyed it. Mechanics seemed simple. We managed it with a room full of drunks, an experienced GM who passed out the character sheets, and dice apps on our phones.

PX Poker Night was a good one in particular.

Is the new version even released? All I have found are snippets or demo stuff.

The rules have been out for a while in the form of quick start rules and a player's handbook. Keeper's handbook just came out like a week ago in PDF.

I think Tales From the Loop might be more your game...

>Does this fit the bill at all

As suggested by , Tales from the Loop is what you want for a Stranger Things game.

DG strongly presumes that PCs will be almost all be government agents and/or military. The rules explicitly say as much on page 7 of the Agent's Handbook:

"Delta Green recruits a new prospect only after confirming that he or she can handle the work and the unconventional demands the group makes. They usually look to federal agents and special forces, adaptable professionals trained to cope with overwhelming stress and danger."

On the same page it goes on to say that prospects are sometimes recruited from other fields but usually only after they've already encountered the "unnatural".

Putting it another way, DG presumes that the PCs have already stepped in shit and proved they can (somewhat) handle it before recruiting them to wade through even more shit. Amateurs, the unproven, and other first timers need not apply.

How is Tales from the Loop?

I've only read, not played it. It looks serviceable.

Never played old DG before, but been running new DG with my group. Everyone has been pretty into it thus far and I love the setting.

Thanks, I'm giving it a read now.

Looks promising -- I might try to run it for my students.

Art is amazing.

Looks like it's set strictly in this weird alt-history world though, so if you're looking for a Stranger Things style game, you'll probably have to hack it to get appropriate monsters.

That said, all the classes are basically kid classes. You have bullies, jocks, weirdos, preps, stuff like that.