/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Glorious Southlands edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Doomwheel: katsugames.com/doomwheel

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

battlescribe.net)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Two Southlands campaign WIPs from previous thread.

>Blood Ritual
>Invasion

But I'm tired of Chariots.

>Blood Ritual

some ideas for army features and special characters

>Skaven
Special rules:
1) no Pestilens units allowed, Pestilens are separate army

2) Black Hunger - Skaven army required an additional Food token after each battle for every 250 points.
However, Skaven can sacrifice 10 Skavenslaves or 2 Rat Swarms to generate a token of Food.

Thort the Unclean
In addition to making Rat Ogres core, Throt the Unclean allows a unit of Rat Ogres (instead of Gutter Runners) into jungle units.

Resulting Vermingors have scaly skin, based on captured kroxigors (5+ armor save) and poisoned attacks.

Trot the Unclean consumes an additional token of Food after each battle.

Vampire Counts could use the olden Vampire Pirates supplement. Sylvanian nobility may not care about jungle riches, but pirates care not where treasure flows from, even vampire ones.

Reposting since the old thread died.

#
And how 'bout this one?

++ Standard (Warriors of Chaos - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.0.) [2396pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

- Army Size: Army (0-2999 points)

+ Lords +

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [390pts]: Lore of Shadow, Wizard Level 4
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Flaming Breath
. Magic Items: BRB - Dispel Scroll, BRB - Enchanted Shield, BRB - Talisman of Preservation, BRB - The Other Trickster's Shard

+ Heroes +

Exalted Hero [226pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Halberd, Mark of Nurgle
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin
. Magic Items: AB - Helm of Many Eyes, BRB - Dawnstone

Throgg [195pts]: AB - The Wintertooth Crown

+ Core +

Chaos Warhounds [30pts]: 5x Chaos Warhound

Chaos Warhounds [30pts]: 5x Chaos Warhound

Chaos Warriors [351pts]
. Champion
. 18x Chaos Warrior: 18x Mark of Nurgle, 18x Shields
. Musician
. Standard Bearer: BRB - Banner of Swiftness

Throgg's Chaos Trolls [245pts]: 7x Chaos Troll

Throgg's Chaos Trolls [304pts]
. 8x Chaos Troll: 8x Additional hand weapons

+ Special +

Chaos Warshrine [135pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Chimera [275pts]: Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh

+ Rare +

Chaos Giant [215pts]: Giant of Nurgle

++ Total: [2396pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (battlescribe.net)

Does battle scribe support 9th age? Can't seem to find the data file. If not, there a similar list organizer?

I'm also kinda interesting in going back to smaller units of Forsaken such as with this 2500p list:

++ Standard (Warriors of Chaos - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.0.) [2496pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

- Army Size: Army (0-2999 points)

+ Lords +

Chaos Sorcerer Lord [390pts]: Lore of Shadow, Wizard Level 4
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Flaming Breath
. Magic Items: BRB - Dispel Scroll, BRB - Enchanted Shield, BRB - Talisman of Preservation, BRB - The Other Trickster's Shard

+ Heroes +

Exalted Hero [226pts]: Battle Standard Bearer, Halberd, Mark of Nurgle
. Chaos Mutations & Powers: Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin
. Magic Items: AB - Helm of Many Eyes, BRB - Dawnstone

+ Core +

Chaos Warhounds [40pts]
. 5x Chaos Warhound: 5x Vanguard special rule

Chaos Warhounds [40pts]
. 5x Chaos Warhound: 5x Vanguard special rule

Forsaken [252pts]
. 12x Forsaken: 12x Forsaken of Slaanesh

Forsaken [252pts]
. 12x Forsaken: 12x Forsaken of Slaanesh

Marauder Horsemen [105pts]: Musician, Standard Bearer
. 5x Marauder Horsemen: 5x Flails, 5x Javelins

Chaos Warriors [351pts]
. Champion
. 18x Chaos Warrior: 18x Mark of Nurgle, 18x Shields
. Musician
. Standard Bearer: BRB - Banner of Swiftness

+ Special +

Chaos Trolls [210pts]: 6x Chaos Troll

Chaos Warshrine [135pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Gorebeast Chariot [140pts]: Mark of Nurgle

Gorebeast Chariot [140pts]: Mark of Nurgle

+ Rare +

Chaos Giant [215pts]: Giant of Nurgle

++ Total: [2496pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (battlescribe.net)

It does but it's a bit buggy.

Other than the core book, which books are considered must haves for whfrp 2nd?

Personally? Old World Bestiary, Tome of Corruption, Tome of Salvation, Realms of Sorcery, Old World Armory, Warhammer Companion, Career Compendium.

Hordes of Chaos

Sigmar's Heirs, Knights of the Grail, Career Compendium, Tome of Salvation/Corruption, realm of Sorcery, Old world Bestiary

Someone has a better scan for 6th edition lizardmen armybook? the one in the fileshare is absolutely garbage

To the guy who said he chucked any lore in Fantasy related to 40k/scifi in the bin...

...how new are you?

>That fucking Chad strut from the shooter

Pretty cool, my guy
Should Vampires need to use Food tokens? Or does that represent their blood requirement?

It has nothing to do with bring new, I just don't want that cancer in my games. So it isn't.

thinking of this I got an idea
zombies rot faster in jungle climate
vampire uses what he can to repair them. basically anything organic he finds
vampires jungle special unit may be a zombie-plant fusion, representing zombies with too many parts replaced by jungle foods

Or have vampires lug human retainers/cattle around, without which the vampire himself starts rapidly losing power

Or allow vampires (and daemons) ignore resources, but give them rapid decomposition themselves, so they lose army points faster than well fed humans, but not as fast as starving ones.
This would give vampires/daemons options of either playing defensively, conserving their strength, or try to still capture resources to deprive the enemy of them. Resources may not help them, but without them the mortals will suffer much more.
Or allow the mortals have all the resources they want, so they try to grab as much as they can, potentially discarding treasure...

>tfw no tzeentch gf

keep looking, user, there are some IRL

>>>fur

but its feathers!

Its literally fursuit.

feathersuit

warpsuit, since it represents a daemon

shut the fuck up and get out you furry faggot

>skub times lore is being woven into the warhammer wiki without making special mention that its only skub times lore or putting it in its own section

what a joke

is there any way to describe what the nonchaos gods are and explain their power without making them warp entities?

also before the warp faggot freaks out, i say warp because realm of chaos doesnt make any fucking sense for the gods of law to come from

the only thing i can think of is making them old ones, which would also explain there lack of personal involvement in thw world, since the fled and cant/dont want to come back

joocy quads on that fucker. also is that an ancient aliens head?

Lizardman head...so basically an ancient alien head, yeah.

If material beings think emotionally creating the chaos gods does that mean that immaterial beings think logically and create the materium?

No, there were no Chaos before collapse of Warp Gates.

sure there was, they just couldn't pierce in the materium

Sigmar and Myrmidia are dreams who became the dreamers

>hurr durr muh cuckbride lore is too deep4u

fuck off to your own thread

Are these two mutually exclusive? I thought the Invasion scenarios were special battles that occurred during the Blood Ritual campaign?

then change it, fag. Its not that difficult to put it under a special section yourself

well since its woven into the entire artile it would involve rewriting the whole page

just saying it must suck being an helf fan and going down in lore as a bunch of retards who kill their own kinsmen to join malekith "did nothing wrong" eternity king

im not talking about 1d4

I deleted my post.

1d4chan has a number of shit pages, the Elf page is definitely high up on the list of "This should probably have been purged years ago and the writers who contributed to it publicly shamed."

Got a new scenario for you all. I imagine this happens between Unwelcome Guests and Ambush in the Jungle. It represents the plundering of the Temple-Avenue of Gold by Lietdorf's soldiers.

>TEMPLES OF GOLD
The Invaders have arrived at their first destination, a temple-city covered in riches! They charge forwards to secure the plunder, but must contend with the Lizardmen who defend them.

>ARMIES
No restrictions, this is the first time both forces can bring their full might!

>BATTLEFIELD
Buildings to represent the various temples, monuments and shrines must be placed around the battlefield. There must be at least 3 buildings, other than the High Temple. No buildings may be placed in the Yellow Zone. It is best to arrange them so there is a clear path towards the High Temple.
The largest building should be placed in the Blue Zone, to represent the High Temple.

>DEPLOYMENT
The Invader deploys in the Yellow Zone and the Lizarmen deploys in the Blue Zone
1) Both players take it in turns deploying units until all units are deployed
2) Both players then may deploy any units with Scout. If both sides have Scout, the Invader places theirs first

>WHO GOES FIRST
The Invader goes first

[cont]

>SPECIAL RULES
Treasure!: The Temple City is rife with jewels, gold and finery, represented by Treasure Tokens. Roll 1d6 for each building other than the High Temple. On a roll of 1-2, place one Treasure Token in it. On a roll of 3-4, place two Treasure Tokens in it. On a roll of a 5-6, place three Treasure Tokens in it.

The High Temple contains 5 Treasure Tokens.

Any unit who moves within a building with any Tokens in it, or within 1'' if the Token is outside a building, it may pick it up as part of the Movement Phase. That token is then moved with the unit. Friendly units may transfer Tokens between each other during the Movement Phase if they enter base to base contact with each other. They may also drop any tokens anywhere within 1’’ of them.

Any unit that picks up a Token, transfers it to another unit, receives a token or drops a token cannot move for the remainder of the Movement Phase.
A unit can carry as many Tokens as they wish, but must subtract 1 from their movement characteristic for each Token they carry.

If a unit flees or is destroyed, they drop all Tokens. Before the unit moves or is removed from the table, roll a scatter die. Place a token 1’’ away from the fleeing unit in the direction indicated by the scatter die.

Lizardmen may not carry any Tokens that are inside any building, including the High Temple. They can, however, pick up Tokens that are outside of buildings.

>VICTORY CONDITIONS
If there are more Tokens within buildings, outside the Yellow Zone or carried by Lizardmen units, the Lizardmen win. If more Tokens are in the Yellow Zone or carried by Invader units, the Invaders win.

What do you think? Clear enough? Anything I could change?

>chad homebrew vs virgin lore appropriate

do edgelves ever use necromancy? i like to imagine the black guard as all high level undead/pseudo-wrights under direct command of malekith so they are absolutely loyal to him and eternally watchful and ready

I always liked the Old Ones thing with every race bending the story into their own parthenon, with rare glorified mortals being worshipped as gods for their deeds

No, Dark Magic deck used to have Necromancy spells and when the first Dark Elves armybook was released, it came with new spell cards (Death Spasm, Dark Hand of Destruction and Power of Chaos) that replaced the Necromancy spells.

It seemed to make sense since the High Elves and Old Worlders almost shared a few gods - like Manaan having a High Elf variation for rivers.

The big problems for me is that the Lizardmen worshipped Old Ones directly, and their names weren't similar to the Old World pantheon at all. And also it would mean that technically the gods they were worshipping had no power or influence, and only the Chaos Gods did - it kind of takes it back to square one as far as the warp and Chaos problem is concerned, at least for me. I want to have the other gods be somehow separate from Chaos, but also have a measure of power, if lesser.

kinda, since original idea behind Blood Rirtual was that non-Lizards start in the heart of the jungle and race to the coast, while Invasion is basically that in reverse - non-Lizards pushing into jungle

not that they can't be woven together.
treasure hunters invade, slaughter regular Slann-abiding lizardmen, get to the temple city, loot it, then Sotek-worshippers say "Fuck it!" and start hunting them down
(provided this wasn't the plot by followers of Sotek to grab the power from the Slann in the first place...)

>saurus
>using a shield made from saurus hide
wut?

Are there tournament army lists posted anywhere? Especially interested in seeing smaller point armies.

At least you got over the fact that lizards are riding lizards.

So very new.

I'm the fella that's been making the two scenarios other than Unwelcome Visitors, as well as writing the Lietpold and Alper. My plan was to make about 6 scenarios, ending with the Invaders deep in a Temple City (probably the Tower of the Gods) fighting in a Last Stand.
But it makes the most sense to have them be separate. If anything you can do the Invasion first with treasure hunters going in, then Blood Ritual for them escaping again.

I suggest we develop them as separate campaigns, complete with your last stand finish and my fluff about easy way in, but put notes at the end about how these two campaigns can be linked into a bigger one, if players so desire

Make sense. Never had much of a head for grand campaigns anyway, but every treasure hunt needs rules for getting it out again.

Lorewise, yes and no. Only dark elf women can be wizards (by Malekith's royal decree, no less), and they kinda treat with spirits from the underworld from time to time, but they don't rise the dead.
I think to remember that, in the Malus Darkblade novels, there were some shadow/ghost things used to guard secrets tunnels and shit, and summoned to the mortal world by a society of illegal, male wizards. Might be wrong.

Alper gazed upwards in awe at the constellations above her head. While the College had impressive telescopes, she felt nothing could compare to gazing at the stars with the naked eye.

It had taken nearly an hour to find a bare hill in the jungle and another hour for the men assigned to her to carry her equipment to the perfect spot. She'd worried that leaving her heaviest equipment back in Sudenburg would impair her ability, but he clarity of the sky cleared all doubt in her mind. Even an apprentice with a spyglass could have made wondrous predictions out here, if he could survive the ravages of the jungle.

She had done the best she could at guiding them, but soldiers still were sucked into abyssal sinkholes, sent into fatal convulsions by stinging insects the size of gold crowns or strangled by plants which seemed to operate with spiteful intelligence. It was only Lietpold's cruel discipline which kept the men from fleeing back to the ships, but soon not even that would be enough.

Finally, the preparations were completed. Alper shooed away the aides and began to sight through the telescope, muttering her incantations and calculations, which soon blurred into each other. While she could see the whispering flow of Azyr with her naked eye, the instrument provided her with exacting clarity.

Now, she could see the flow of the Blue Wind against the backdrop of the stars, racing along paths much more orderly than that of any other land she had visited. Perhaps what they said about the Lizardmen's master of magic was true? If it was, it would be the lifeline Katerin Alper needed to save this army of treasure hunters.

"There."

She straightened up triumphantly and addressed the closest soldier: "Please take a message to Herr Lietpold. Tell him I have found the path to his treasures."

>A unit can carry as many Tokens as they wish, but must subtract 1 from their movement characteristic for each Token they carry.
This doesn't make sense to me. A unit of five scouts would be much more burdened by x amount of treasure than a block of infantry. In fact the latter might not even be considerably burdened at all by the looting of one building as everyone might just get enough stuff to fill a small bag.
As such I'd change it so that the speed reduction is based on the amount of ranks or numbers in a unit.
Gameplay wise this would change the players' focus to a couple of larger blocks supported by smaller units rather than a bunch of fast units that might quickly get to and move treasure around.

what article exactly?

Looks like they tried to fix it by talking about the evolution of Elves.

Serious question: why are the Executioners bald?

well you know what fisting is right? well...its sort of like that

So who here is prepared for this general to be flooded once WFRP 4e comes out? I am :)

are they going to stat the fay enchantresses feet? asking for a friend.

Please fuck off.

So I just saw that Warhammer Quest is on sale with a few other things on Humble.

It's only 3 bucks, so asking if it's worth the money is a moot point, but I was wondering if you think the game is worth the time?

I came here to post images related to rats and skaven to spread the word that they are cute and best.

Did you know that Skaven canonly destroy the planet? This means they are the strongest race.

that feel when no qt rat gf

Unfortunately these are all the Skaven images I have on hand. Thank you for looking at my posts. I hope that some tabletop RPG comes out that lets you play as a Skaven. Please have a nice night.

Hair acts as a natural barrier against Khaine Waves from outer space. By shaving themselves bald and not wearing a helmet, they absorb more Khaine Waves which improves their fighting skills

Why don't the rest of elves do it? because their hair is too fabulous, like a Dwarf and his beard

my (i.e. author of original idea about treasure hunt and blood ritual, not the scenario you reply to) idea was that you can carry one Treasure Token PER RANK, and it still reduces whole unit's speed (as a few dudes are designated treasure-carriers, and others slow down so they can keep up, because greed)

thus tactic to have many fast units would be viable, yes, but they would be able to carry only one token each

Noted, glad you weighed in. Hope you don't mind me pilfering that idea for the scenario.

>archaon's head hurts
gee, I wonder why

not at all
imho, something like that should be in core rules, so there's a clear framework to capturing and transporting objectives

why is there no Baba Yaga in WHFB?

There kind of is, it's just one of the vague Kislevite spirits.

More Sneek art-scrawls, please, yes-yes

Because Tzarina Katarina of Kislev is enough of a hag for the whole setting.

but she's young and beautiful princess living a alace, not a forest witch living in a hut

This some bullshit. Explain how Witch Elves and Death Hags have heavy metal hair then

I'm sorry, vro. That picture is all I have of that drawfag's skaven work.

>Explain how Witch Elves and Death Hags have heavy metal hair then

they catch the khaine waves in their cleavage, like a rain water trap

Incidentally this is also why Warrior Priests of sigmar are bald

The receptor for Khaine Waves is part of the Y chromosome, so only male elves can benefit from the exposure

And bald females are ugly af, Khaine wouldn't want a bunch of 8-balls for brides

Witch Elves are ten times sexier than your GF will ever be, anons
Face it.

Death Hags are much cuter. Look how short they are

how appropriate that neither are real

Ok so, i have a problem
I have a WFRP campaign starting soon, set in 2526, a few years after the Storm of Chaos. Now, i want to create some changes in the lore, so i'm gonna list them. Please tell me if you find plot holes or have questions that i may or may not have overlooked. Storm of Chaos goes as Lore says, for the most part, but i made some changes
>Instead of showing up unexpectedly, Grimgor Ironhide intercepts Archaon's host before it reaches Middenheim. Orcs and Chaos hordes duke it out and Grimgor loses to Archaon, but first manages to shatter the Eye of Sheerian with a headbut and leave a crack in Archaon's armor with gitsnik
>At the battle of Middenheim, without the clairvoyance given by the eye of sheerian, Archaon is defeated by Valten, but the exalted of sigmar is wounded in return and fails to deliver the killing blow, letting Archaon escape, defeated and humiliated.
>Archaon is an oddity, since he is the first Everchosen to fail in his task and survive. The gods are bickering over wheter or not to keep supporting him or move on to another. In a similar way, his horde completely sjattered. Some kept following him back to the Brass Keep, others openly defied him, percieving his defeat as a sign of weakness, many others simply ran back north or ran away, moving further into the empire as isolated warbands.
>Valten heroic stand and subsequent "death" caused the Cult of Sigmar to gain a whole lot of power into the northern provinces, where now the sigmarite faith is spreading, thanks also to new settlers from the south. The Ar-Ulric is not pleased with this, and the surfacing of old conflicts of faith threatens to plunge the northern provinces into civil war. Volkmar does little to prevent this, and Luthor Huss does not care.
contd.

>SaccadeRush art without the disgusting proportions
It's kinda uninspired but there's hope, at least

>Dinos riding dinos
Don't forget they are actually:
Dinos who ride dinos
Who use dino skin for shields....
... and wear dino skulls for helms.

So Dinos riding dinos, holding dinos while wearing dinos

so basically Space Wolves of FB

I would pat these skaven.

1) there's difference between man riding a gorilla or wearing orangutan skin, and man making a shield out of his neighbour

2) if they are indeed LIZARDmen, then they ain't dinosaurs
dinsaurs are reptiles, but not lizards. no, lizard and reptile are not interchangeable terms

My kin! Lets revel in our shared hatred for cuckbrides 2deep4u bullshit.

>I hope that some tabletop RPG comes out that lets you play as a Skaven

Good news, man-thing. WFRP 2 has-has a book-tome for playing the master race, yes-yes! 'Children of the Horned Rat!'

BRO I AM READY TO SLAM MY PAYCHECK ON THAT RIGHT NOW THIS INSTANT AND KIDNAPPING PEOPLE TO LETTING ME PLAY THIS. I NEED MY RAT BOYS FUCKING RIGHT NOW GOD YES. YES.

How does your army rank up?