/STG/ - Star Trek General

Grand Cardassian Designs Edition

Previous Thread: A thread for discussing the 'Star Trek' franchise and its various tabletop adaptations.

Possible topics include Modiphius' new rpg 'Star Trek Adventures', WizKids miniatures game 'Star Trek: Attack Wing', and Gale Force Nine's board game 'Star Trek: Ascendancy', as well as the previous rpgs produced by FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher, the Starfleet Battles Universe, and the Star Trek universe in general.

Game Resources

Star Trek Adventures
-Official Modiphius Page (Rules, FAQ and Player Resources)
>modiphius.com/star-trek.html
-PDF Collection
>mediafire.com/folder/0w33ywljd1pdt/Star_Trek_Adventures

Older Licensed RPGs (FASA, Last Unicorn Games and Decipher)
>pastebin.com/ndCz650p

Other (Unlicensed) RPGS (Far Trek + Lasers and Feelings)
>pastebin.com/uzW5tPwS

Star Trek: Attack Wing
-Official WizKids Page (Rules, FAQ and Player Resources)
>wizkids.com/attackwing/star-trek-attack-wing/

Star Trek: Ascendancy (Rules and Player Resources)
-Official Gale Force Nine Page
>startrek.gf9games.com/

Lore Resources

Memory Alpha - Canon wiki
>en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main

Memory Beta - Noncanon wiki for licensed Star Trek works
>memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Fan Sites - Analysis of episodes, information on ships, technobabble and more
>pastebin.com/mxLWAPXF

Star Trek Maps - Based on the Star Trek Star Charts, updated and corrected
>startrekmap.com/index.html

/stg/ Homebrew Content
>pastebin.com/H1FL1UyP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ftzgcfG7uHE?t=5m44s
youtu.be/851P5-NCz4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=jTJQkhWZekI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More like TIGHT GREY VAGINA edition.
...which now that I type it out does not sound immediately that appealing.

>tfw me eyes are more drawn to the workout equipment because they look like warp nacelles and a saucer bridge

Shut up and get inside me, O'Brien.

Wouldn't they feel cold?

Not that it wouldn't still have been an improvement for O'Brian over the Japanese Hate Ghost.

Tight Spoon Pussy? Certainly sounds better than Grey.
Also, is Theurgy just straight up erotica? Because everything I’ve seen of it seems to imply that it is.

Cardassians are still mammals. They’re just more comfortable in a warmer, more humid environment.

If Keiko were in a similar situatuion with Cardassian man (say a cardassian taeacher visiting her schooling operation on DS9 to keep the profession angle on the meeting), would they have fucked ?

I doubt it. The O'Briens had their problems but the pair of them seem to have been completely loyal to each other.

Oh shit, that was Captain Lochley from B5

Huh, never noticed that. Quite liked her character though. It was good having a core cast-member who had wildly divergent opinions to the rest of them.
She's hotter as a Cardassian though.

Huh, so it was. That's pretty neat. I like seeing crossovers like that - I remember Bill Mumy (Lennier) was in one of the DS9 episodes as well.

Yeah, he was one of the Engineers on Vietnam: the asteroid.

Also Admiral Hague played a Starfleet Admiral trying to get Earth to adapt to the changing galactic threats rather than bury head in sand.

And Brother Edward from B5 played Crewman Suter (batshit Betazoid) in Voyager.

Also the insane murderer dude who was sentenced to Death of the Self in Babylon 5 was a murder/suicide in an episode of TNG.

Also Barclay played in B5 a Mimbari War veteran who had gone round the bend. Turns out a creature of darkness had heeded the call of the cursed world of Z'ha'dum and had awoken on the planet he was stationed on. It ate his friends from the inside out but kept him alive as a snack to nibble on. He played the part very well.

Don't forget G'Kar played Commander Tomalak. The smuggest Romulan bastard going.

I didn't make the Barclay connection until just now. And Andreas Katsulas is by far my favorite alien on any TV show I've seen.

She is very fertile, and capable of birthing many healthy children.
They’re warm-blooded, they just like warmer temperatures.
No idea.
Probably though; the character descriptions make it seem like everyone wants their OC to be “the most important character” with like nine paragraph backstories longer then the freaking TNG casts entire individual histories.
A Cardie guy couldn’t have stances Keiko.
>She's hotter as a Cardassian though.
It’s her body language when she’s into O’Brien. You’d be surprised how much that compensates for other stuff.

>Hague

youtu.be/ftzgcfG7uHE?t=5m44s

Set your phasers to kill and get your agonizers ready! It's time for a Mirror broken story time!

This is going to take a while what with me having no Veeky Forums pass or anything, but hopefully you guys can wait.

Damn lockboxes are now coming with pet gorillas!

Oh it was just Guinan, my bad.

Don't worry Picard, just transporter copy few crewmembers and you are fine!
Alternatively give the crewman in question infinite coffee replication privileges.

Oh god no Picard, anything but that!

Listen to Riker here! Don't do it!

Is it just me or are those guns the turbolasers from trade federation ships from SW: Episode 1?

It's good to see you too Greedo!

That WEEE-OOOOO sounds familiar...

Go back to your cave Wesley!

And get a haircut too you dirty hippy!

Hobo-Picard demands change!

That's the whole fleet?

Captain melty face is not amused!

That's what you get when you come in at full impulse and start firing right away!

And that's that.
To be continued?

damn is that whoopi goldberg?

>Mirror New Orleans Class
I'm fully on board with this.

whats up with these CHAD uniforms?

Of course, it was the no shits given alarm!

They are from the CHAD timeline.

The Mirror Universe is populated entirely by failed bouncers and the sort of women that exclusively hang out in biker bars.

>Is it just me or are those guns the turbolasers from trade federation ships from SW: Episode 1?
You are not wrong, the similarity is uncanny.

For those who don't want to watch the whole thing, the gag in question starts at 5:47.

>Would Keiko be a piece of shit
This answer is always "Probably, I guess"

Huzzah! I was just thinking about this yesterday.

He also played an alien on ENT.

>You're not serving on the bridge wearing a SWEATER.

Crewman Murray, what a fucking swell guy.

Why are Cardassians the most likeable/relateable species in all of Trek?

Because they're the most well developed. We see a broad swathe of society, we saw their worst as well as their best, we saw what made them work as people and a society.

Most of it is the fact that the only races with near as much attention is the cartoonish Klingons and maybe Vulcans, neither of which had much screentime given to internal politics or divisions within their culture. Cardassians work because there social dysfunctions are close to known issues on our own earth while not being TNG style philosophical punching bags.

They're based on primitive lower-level human functions, so they have a lot of fans among people incapable of higher reason.

That’s a gross oversimplification. By that logic, people would like the Pakleds.
The Cardassians are certainly more emotive than logical. However I feel the majority of their appeal comes from a series of well though out and like able characters. Dukat, Damar, Garak and several other minor characters are all regarded well by fans because they’re treated as malleable, fallible characters. Besides the Klingons, no other race gets written with the sort of depth that the Cardassians receive.

Garak, Damar, Ziyal and Dukat. There are your 4 reasons.

Yeah man i'm a Rick and Morty fan too.

>You’d be surprised how much that compensates for other stuff.
What’s there to compensate for? She’s quite fertile.

This fertile?
youtu.be/851P5-NCz4Y

Probably not.
I mean, O’Brien stays with Keiko for a reason after all.

I didn't like Ziyal. And the producers are on record that Dukat wasn't intended to be complicated; he was a 2-dimensional evil villain, except that Alaimo played his heart out with the role and gave him complexity.

Why didn't Kira and Bashir fuck? I could feel the sexual tension from the pilot episode.

She’s a woman of science. You won’t find her dancing around like groupie. She does things the classy way, trying to initiate casual sex with a total stranger in the crawl way of a starship.

If only someone would make this into a perfect loop.

They did. The whole “Kira has a baby” thing was due you Siddiq and Visitor rawdogging it.

I'm nostalgic for the 90's now, thanks.

Why not do it in the show?

What happened to the kid? Was it just abandoned after the divorce?

In the second to last panel why is Data fucking the wall with his giant turbocock?

Because Enterprise is a filthy bitch who is lusting over that android cock.

How is this even explained? Like, the Empire built Galaxy-class battleships but they still lost the war to the Klingon/Cardassians? What happened to the Spock reforms weakening them due to peace?

It was explained to an extent I think in one of the earlier ones.

Tey wereboth already commited to different romantic arcs. here were references to it though. In the episode where Sisko and Eddington fuck off to the badlands, Kira has a line where she basically says "you know this is all your fault".

No idea. Don't really care, either.

With the Butcher of Setlik III, owner of all of the medals Starfleet could throw at him and a god among Starfleet engineers who are engineer gods to the lesser technicians of other empires.

Therefore prime genetic material. With his superior genes and her fertility they could spawn a race of technology and science demi-gods. It was a well thought out desire rather than "muh feelz" like a pleb Bjoran.

And she approached him in an environment with which they were both most comfortable.

Because the characters didn't really like each other. Respected, sure, amicable yeah. Friends? Ehhhh....

Better question is What If Kira and O'Brien ended up together as they were accidentally heading towards?
I know it'd ruin the whole O'Brien must suffer/ be the relatable family man and one of few not-single-parents ever to feature on Star Trek. But still, the way he and Kira were getting on when Kira had 'his' kid and nearly went on a romantic retreat together...

Woulda been cute damn it. Way more earned than Odo/Kira, which is a pairing idea that should have remained dead after that one episode 'A Simple Investigation' where he finally got over Kira and fell for someone else or fuck it, after the time he banged the female changeling despite him apparently still holding affection for Kira, that was one hell of a betrayal and Kira shouldn't forgive that shit.

O'Brien/Kira would have been hella awkward. Besides a sudden attraction between the 2 when the pair of them were falling back on instinctive mating responses (O'Brien suddenly becomes attracted to the female carrying his child, Kira becomes attractive to her "mate" and protector") they never really showed any on-screen chemistry beyond casual friendship. I'd much rather see the pair of them trading stories about fighting the Cardassians and both coming to the sombre realisation that they hated every second of it. Kira/O'Brien are almost as good a drinking buddies combo as O'Brien/Bashir.

Yeah, I don't care for Kria/Odo either. I like the 2 characters, but i much rather them as a team rather than romantically involved.

>Bonding over hovercar bombs and a love of the church...
youtube.com/watch?v=jTJQkhWZekI

>the Butcher of Setlik III
Is there any media that goes into that?

If I remember correctly from the comic, The Enterprise was a secret prototype of ships.

It comes up a few times in DS9, but not more than a cursory "he's the hero of Setlik III" way. It also comes up in the first Cardassian episode, The Wounded in TNG.

The best example is in Empok Nor. Garak clearly holds the "Hero of Setlik III" line in a ver different light to everyone else. O'Brien himself seems uncomfortable with the moniker.

And then O'brien manages to defeat a homicidal Garak hopped up on combat drugs who just spent the rest of the episode playing Hitman against Cardassian commandos and O'brien's salvage team. Without killing him. Which was the more difficult option.

Damn, I was hoping for some backstory in a book or comic somewhere. Still, I guess having it be a bit of a mystery is good too. I kinda like the fact that the jovial engineer is a secret badass.

I wish there had been a little bit more tension between Garak and O'Brien. Besides Empok Nor I can't think of an episode where they had anything other than a casual interaction. it would have been great to have a few tense scenes where O'Brien mentions being at a particularly bloody battle and Garak responds with a simple "me too".

>war hero and engineer extraordinaire
>operates the transporter on the Enterprise

I know everyone on the Enterprise is top tier best of the best, but if this guy was just a transporter chief, imagine how amazing Geordi's assistant engineers, or Beverly's nurses. would have to be when O'Brien, teacher at Starfleet Academy, just beamed people up and down

Probably not that great, I think O'Brien implied/stated during The Wounded that he just wanted a quieter job.

There are absolutely no versions of this song on youtube that sound good. Believe me, I've gone looking. it's all shitty recordings of some club out in Cork or some such shite.

All of O'Briens career changes, have generally been down to dissatisfaction. He ended up joining Starfleet to avoid being a musician. He became a tactical officer because being an enlisted engineer is shit work. Then he bailed on that because he wanted a quieter job. Then he went stir crazy on the flagship so he picked a position on an engineer's nightmare of a posting. Then he got sick of being the chief engineer for the busiest maintenance station because he got basically no alone time with his wife and 2 kids so he went and chose a teaching job back on earth. If STO is to be believed, he ended up becoming the chief engineerfor the Enterprise F.

It struck me as odd how Keiko seemed to be actively encouraging them.

Maybe that's Keiko's fetish. She certainly seemed happier in the episodes where Kira was carrying Miles' baby.

Keiko isn't very bright. She probably didn't realize what she was doing.

Wrong O'Brien, his son is the Ent-F chief.

That makes more sense.

I've been looking through the wiki they've made for their ship and crew.
Most of their faceclaims for characters are pretty standard RP choices, and some of their photoshops are alright.

But I can definitely get onboard with James Marsters playing an Andorian.

That's actually kinda terrible. I'd rather see the old and experienced Miles take over, not Kiroyoshi or whatever his name is. I dislike the idea that being a hotshot engineer runs in the family too, sorta pidgeonholes the O'Brien name.

In an earlier age Keiko would have been playing the fish fiddle to harem anime. Miles is basically an LN protagonist: My Little Engineer Can't Be This Unlucky

I don't watch anime so everything you said just there sounded like gibberish, recited by a diplomat who's spent to long abroad and gone native.

Welcome to Veeky Forums.