Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Spiesh orgs!!1 Edition.

>Warhammer Community news(new codexes)
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/03/news-codexes-heroes-blood-glorygw-homepage-post-3/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw [Open]

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for sisters a cute

Every herald of khorne in each circle commands 8 in the circle below them through the 88 circles of heralds of khorne, and so on, and each of the heralds commands 888 bloodletters .
How many heralds and bloodletters would that be?

I'm going to go buy two boxes of zoanathropes in the hopes theyre good in the codex, see ya!

You win this thread war. I deleted the other one.

Based off figures in Khorne demonkin... It was a few years ago and I didn't note it down, but I think it calculated out as their being around 10 billion khorne daemons total.

888x88x64.
thats 5001216 deamons from my count. not counting greaters or juggs. or hounds.

So there's 1 herald on top commanding 8 heralds and 888 bloodletters, and each herald also commands 8 heralds and 888 bloodletters, with a total of 88 circles? I will assume the top herald is in the only circle with 1 herald instead of 8.

Bloodletters = 888*heralds
Heralds - 8^0 + 8^1 ... + 8^87 = 8^88-1 = 29642774844752946028434172162224104410437116074403984394101141506025761187823615

OP can't spell codices, burn him.

I have 5 GKPAs that I can't decide if I want to build them as Purgators or Purifiers. Post that ends in 6 decides.

So... Twenty-Nine Quinvigintillion, Six Hundred Forty-Two Quattuorvigintillion, Seven Hundred Seventy-Four Trevigintillion, Eight Hundred Forty-Four Duovigintillion, Seven Hundred Fifty-Two Unvigintillion, Nine Hundred Forty-Six Vigintillion, Twenty-Eight Novemdecillion, Four Hundred Thirty-Four Octodecillion, One Hundred Seventy-Two Septendecillion, One Hundred Sixty-Two Sexdecillion, Two Hundred Twenty-Four Quindecillion, One Hundred Four Quattuordecillion, Four Hundred Ten Tredecillion, Four Hundred Thirty-Seven Duodecillion, One Hundred Sixteen Undecillion, Seventy-Four Decillion, Four Hundred Three Nonillion, Nine Hundred Eighty-Four Octillion, Three Hundred Ninety-Four Septillion, One Hundred One Sextillion, One Hundred Forty-One Quintillion, Five Hundred Six Quadrillion, Twenty-Five Trillion, Seven Hundred Sixty-One Billion, One Hundred Eighty-Seven Million, Eight Hundred Twenty-Three Thousand, Six Hundred Fifteen Heralds of Khorne

I don't think they can keep going with the theming of multiples of 8 beyond bloodthirsters

Anyone with the Tyranid Codex in their hand wants to share the pics of every page of the rules?

Purgators of course, motherfucker. Are you stupid?

That's the thing see, Purgators are better now but I like the fluff of Purifiers too much. Furthermore I have no clue what to equip said Purgators with. I already have one unit with psilencers and psycannons

Almost finished the first squad for my new army. Just need to do the weathering powder, and that's it.

That's not how you math, user. It's not an exponential growth.

Looking pretty solid, user. But there's a massive moldline on the plasma gun.

We need Grot Snipers!
10-20, 2ppm, regular Grot statline
Hold a 0 ppm 20" S3 AP- D1 Sniper rifle
Get "Find the Best Spot" under a different name.

They die like lemmings and inflict lots of mortal wounds through sheer weight of dice if left untargeted!

>visible moldlines
reees

Depends on how the circles are arranged. I was assuming every Herald except the 0th commands 8 Heralds, with each "level" of the tree as another circle.

A different arrangement would be of a different size.

What would the number be in that case?

Tyranids are cuter.

Cawl is getting excited

>smiley chapter symbol
Please tell me more about your nice looking dudes.

Hot damn that looks good!

How exactly are the Circles arranged?

Did a head swap on the Tallyman.

Looks much better IMO.

Where's the banana he's meant to be tallying?

Weird AustralianPosting

Trying again

What would you like to know? I wanted my own chapter, and couldn't come up with a good chapter symbol. So, I chose smiley faces.

Best legion ever

Third time's the charm

Dude, I had dubs, and specifically dubs that add up to a 6.
Build your goddamn purgators. 'Tis the Emperors will.

Time-consuming fucker, isn't he?

Well, I'm not a mathematician, so I'd like to know what the numbers for the three ranks would be if it was:

(A) - The scenario that gave the absurdly large number early in the thread
>8 bloodthirsters in rank one controlling 8 subordinates each for 8 circles
>8 heralds in the first rank controlling 8 subordinate heralds each for 88 circles
>888 bloodletters for each herald

(B)
>8 bloodthirsters in rank one controlling 8 subordinates each for 8 circles
>8 heralds for each bloodthirster

How many years do SoB/guardsmen serve before they're done with their military service?

So wait, do we have all the battleforces leaked?

I thought it was Tau, IG, Orks, and GSC, but then I saw a GK pic floating around? they all look like trash, but I'm curious anyway

I will if you tell me what to equip them with and I like it

Space marines would be so much more cooler if they would still have boot shaped legs like this. The current ones look childish and cartoony. This is the only reason i don't play space marines. Are there any good 3rd party bits that would fix this?

Nah, looks inverted for me

Depends on how many years it takes them to die.

Literally Reivers

Psycannons are pretty shit this edition.
The best loadout are 4 Psilencers, they put out a shitton of dakka, are comparatively cheap (for GKs, at least) and because they do D3 damage they can put a hole into anything in the game, as long as you can manage to wound it on 5s. I've killed land raiders with these things.

Now, if you want a more FUN option, do what I've been trying out, and grab a Razorback and put 4 Purgator Incinerators in there to burn the FUCK out of any heretic or demon faggot

I gave the correct number earlier for 1 herald commands 8 heralds each of which commands 8 heralds, and so on, with a total number of layers equal to 88. If you drew that, it would be what we call in math a tree, a special kind of graph, with the 0th Herald on top, 8 below him, 64 below them, and so on.

Another user accused me of getting it wrong, which probably means I misunderstood the arrangement, and I can't math you an answer if I'm misunderstanding the question.

Could you draw the "top" of these circles, just a couple layers, so I can see what you mean?

>4 psilencers
Eh, I already have a squad for that
>4 incinerators
Now this, this sounds fun to do

In my knowledge they are too tall and the poses are bad.

I'd say it would depend on the rank they achieved, and for the SOB, for life. If you're still in the guard on a low level by the time you're, say, 45, they'd probably shift you off to a PDF if not earlier, although if you were in active duty you'd probably be promoted very highly by that time for being able to survive so much.
And if you're a conscript, it's probably going to be a fairly reasonable amount of time recruited into active-duty service, similar to real-life countries except slightly more grimdark, so about 1-5 years on a hive world, it depends how many citizens they have and whether their priority is having well-trained PDF equivalent to true guard, or large amounts of passably trained citizens rotating frequently so military experience is spread throughout the population. Then there's the possibility it's a system like the Roman legions where it's a small part of society that has to do it for basically 25 years, something like the Vostroyans, where not everyone is conscripted but those who are conscripted have to put in a lot of work.

Wish they'd do an entire box of tactical marines in that style. Fluff it as "experimental mark 6" for the Horus Heresy line.

You sound like a man interested in Ordo Malleus Inquisitors armed with Incinerators.

What are the best Death Guard units to focus on and include in your army?

>Now this, this sounds fun to do
It is.
I purged a Stormraven out of the air with these dudes the other day.

Can they take Incinerators? Their profile says only psycannons.

Thats look retarded, normal one looks like an armour pice as it should.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any regiment in the fluff that isn't pants-on-head grimderp retarded when it comes to military service, so you're never going to find solutions even as intelligent as some of the stupider ones humanity has actually tried on Earth.

For example, you won't find any - even Catachan - that work like the US military, i.e. an army predominantly consisting of volunteers whose full-time career is military service, because precisely 0 regiments actually commit to ensuring any reasonable number of people survive service long enough to retire. Instead, the ones that use volunteers accomplish it through a combination of propaganda and economic hardship.

It's one reason WH40K rpgs go off the rails so easily - even with a GM good enough to keep everyone in charge crazy and stupid, it only takes one rational person with power to start fixing all of the self-inflicted problems society has in-universe.

They can, yes. You might be thinking of the ones in Terminator armour, I honestly don't remember their loadouts off the top of my head. But stock Inquisitors can be any Ordo and can take Incinerators.

Strictly speaking, I believe Ordos are chosen when Relics are issued, i.e. after finding out your opponents' army, but you can model and fluff yours as strictly Malleus for sure.

>I can't math you an answer if I'm misunderstanding the question
I didn't get the impression you were misunderstanding the arrangement, although I would say it's not starting with 1, it's starting with 8, and each member of the first row gets 8 in the second row, and each member in the second row has 8 in the third row, and so on.
For bloodthirsters, there are 8 rows, and for heralds we'll say there are 88.

Playing a 500pts game with my IG against a friend's recently purchased blood angels, critique my list:

++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [25 PL, 494pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regiment: Cadian

+ HQ +

Company Commander [2 PL, 35pts]: Astra Militarum Orders, Bolt pistol, Power sword, THE LAURELS OF COMMAND

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 52pts]
. 7x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer
. Guardsman w/ Vox-caster: Vox-caster
. Sergeant: Chainsword, Laspistol

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 57pts]
. 7x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Meltagun

+ Elites +

Command Squad [2 PL, 46pts]
. Veteran w/ Medi-pack: Lasgun, Medi-pack
. Veteran w/ Regimental Standard: Lasgun, Regimental Standard
. Veteran w/ Special Weapon: Sniper rifle
. Veteran w/ Vox-caster: Lasgun, Vox-caster

Commissar [2 PL, 39pts]: Plasma pistol, Power sword, THE BLADE OF CONQUEST

+ Heavy Support +

Heavy Weapons Squad [3 PL, 78pts]
. Heavy Weapon Team: Lascannon

Leman Russ Battle Tanks [10 PL, 187pts]
. Leman Russ Eradicator: Heavy Bolter, Plasma Cannons, Storm Bolter, Turret-mounted Eradicator Nova Cannon

++ Total: [25 PL, 494pts] ++

What should I change? I still want to give him a fair chance

Only thing they remind me of is this.

Five seperate brotherhood champions.

Or otherwise purifiers, just because

Rule of cute > Rule of cool
Prove me wrong you can't

>five seperate brotherhood champions
DO THIS

Ok, so there's no 1 herald on top? Then my answer changes - it's about 8 times bigger.

8 heralds on top of 8 heralds each, for 88 layers, is 8^1+8^2 ... + 8^88 = 8^89-2 = 237142198758023568227473377297792835283496928595231875152809132048206089502588926

888 times that for bloodletters.

8 Bloodthirsters commanding 8 Bloodthirsters is the same math, but we cut it off earlier, at 8 layers:
8^1+8^2+...8^8 = 8^9-2 = 134217726 Bloodthirsters.

Get another Infantry squad and promote your commissar to a lord to upgrade to a battalion.

COOL >>> Cute

That sounds retardedly gay
I love it

>get 5 brotherhood champions
>stuff em in a rhino
>roll em up to a landraider
>disembark, charge
>use sword strike
>you now have 20 AP-3 dD3 attacks wounding that land raider on 5s

Fuck off degenerate male, Nids belong to us girls we like the CUTE.

Seconding () for 5 Brotherhood Champions

Full incinerator squad to flame dem demons

>it only takes one rational person with power to start fixing all of the self-inflicted problems society has in-universe.

But jokes aside, I'd say the reason there's no professional military giving people perks and careers as such is because in most places it's too severe a conflict for it to be just another job. The people who have a primarily economic motive who can do something else won't join because it's so risky, and conscription would be basically mandatory almost everywhere because the need for soldiers is that high. It's only in the officer corps where there would be room for non-vocational careerism, and even then usually in planets' regiments it's defined by the politics and culture of that planet, with the nepotistic elite dominating it so that it's de-facto a cross-section of the people who control civilian society controlling the military society, as if they'd been conscripted. And even in the officer corps, there's probably going to be a lot of explicit conscription either because the pool of officers is limited by factors like caste systems or populations where most people aren't suited to be officers (ogryn tier intelligence, as an example cause), or else they'd conscript their officer caste because they simply need that many officers to control the huge amount of people in the regiments.

>calls me degenerate
>is probably into shitty ovipositor fetish
Leave my glorious Space Dinosaur Master Race and never return.

>tfw built up the courage to actually leave my house and go to the local GW to get some paints

feeling pretty good right now bois

Good job, user!

It feels as if I'm getting away with something:

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [30 PL, 498pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regiment: Cadian

+ HQ +

Company Commander [2 PL, 31pts]: Astra Militarum Orders, Bolt pistol, Chainsword, THE LAURELS OF COMMAND

Lord Commissar [4 PL, 55pts]: Bolt pistol, Power sword

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 50pts]
. 7x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 45pts]
. 8x Guardsman

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 50pts]
. 7x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher

+ Elites +

Command Squad [2 PL, 46pts]
. Veteran w/ Medi-pack: Lasgun, Medi-pack
. Veteran w/ Regimental Standard: Laspistol and Chainsword, Regimental Standard
. Veteran w/ Special Weapon: Sniper rifle
. Veteran w/ Vox-caster: Lasgun, Vox-caster

+ Heavy Support +

Heavy Weapons Squad [3 PL, 48pts]
. Heavy Weapon Team: Mortar
. Heavy Weapon Team: Mortar

[b]Leman Russ Battle Tanks [10 PL, 173pts][/b]
. Leman Russ Eradicator: Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolters, Storm Bolter, Turret-mounted Eradicator Nova Cannon

++ Total: [30 PL, 498pts] ++

Fucking amazing user. You make me want to chop me own hands off in shame.

bls no bully
thank you, gw staff are pretty friendly and he helped me find what I needed

I got a question regarding Smite:
> The closest visible enemy unit within 18" of the psyker suffers 1D3 mortal wounds, 1D6 if the charge roll is greater than 10
Does this mean that I have to roll 11 for 1D6 mortal wounds? 10 is not above 10, right?

Correct.

Yes, 11. It's 10 if you have some sort of +1 to cast boost.

If you have spare change left over, you should always spend it to give your sergeants bolters.

Also, Grenade Launchers are not efficient uses for points, especially for Cadia. I'm not sure how many points you'll save per se, but you're better off moving your heavy weapons into your Infantry squads (it makes them loads cheaper) and changing the special weapon to plasma if your goal is versatility (the alleged intent of grenade launchers).

>nightlord poster still gets no replies
nightlords forever BTFO

2k points of poxwalkers, you cannot fail.

>Only in death does duty end.

But really after a big crusade Guardsmen regiments can be given a place to live on one of the recently captured worlds helping to form the PDF. I've read of this happening in several instances.

I have a question:

How is suicide handled in the Imperium of Man? Not "valiant last stand" suicide or "ritual sacrifice for Chaos" suicide, but the soul-crushing, "end-it-all" kind?

Culturally, I imagine suicide is treated less as an "honorable" demise (Roman falling upon his own sword), and more as a form of treason. After all, if you kill yourself before giving your life to the Emperor, you're technically stealing your life from Him, committing treason and heresy. Worse is how surviving relatives would be treated (having a relative that committed suicide is a good way to be a social pariah in certain parts of the South).

How does the Imperium combat this? Sure, Servitorization or Arcoflagellation are potential options, but relatively expensive, and subject to political tangles. Treatment in a Medicae sanatorium might be an option for shell-shocked heroes, but not available to a lowly Administratum scribe or Hive factory-guilder.

Nobles would alternate between seeking (discrete) help, or viewing the suicide of other nobles as a favor to their political advancement. Von Straab was even able to get away with murder by saying he came across a tragic suicide, despite Von Strabb holding the gun in question!

This actually fascinates me as for being a grimdark setting, there's a surprisingly lack of this aspect of human psychology.

Done and done
Thx based user

Pretty much what you said. If you're depressed, join one of the many war efforts! You'll die anyway! The imperium truly is a great place

Thats the pants for a true MAN, not some skinny hipster crap!

Don't know, but the actual grimdarkness of the setting may leave little to it. In the same sense that people in Africa and other poor people are less known for suicide, despite a hard life.

Probably that in an universe where everything is trying to kill you, most people don't really think that they could end-it all. They are too busy trying to survive.

Swag !

>degenerate meme
Don't talk to me or to my swarmlord ever again.

On the topic of Psycannons though, is it worth it to take say 1 in a squad with 3 Psilencers?

Sup Veeky Forums

Just started a sororitas army. Not a single GW buy, everything ebay. Acetone is your friend.

Are chinaman repressor any good ?

Veeky Forums !
I need to know which armies can let me field litteral hordes of dudes with power hammers. I want to make LOTS of fit dudes with power hammers.

>+1str

Is there any special equipment I can give a Tyranid prime to make him stand out from my other warriors? I woulda went with a venom canon but for some reason he can't take it.

Why are there two tumblrinas in your SoBs?

>Shirtless Cadian of battle

>that one transsexual sister-guy
Male adepta sororitas confirmed