Connected to ResortNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Ballistic_Flight__AWAKENED_WAIVER.zdf
>Snowball_Fight__Sammies_Vs_Adepts.trid
>Urban_Fright__Excursions_Into_The_Unknown.aro
>What_A_Sight.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 290 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Shibanokuji? Eh, it's allright'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Nordic_Eternal_Daylight.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Vacation Edition
Where has your runner been? Where would your runner like to go?

My runner has been nowhere because all games die immediately.

Help.

>Tacticool
>Vintorez
>Elf(Male)

>Where has your runner been?
She sits in the storage unit she rents and illegally lives in, making drones out of scrap parts, and spying on people, making a living through a combination of anonymous internet stardom as a minor streaming personality playing videogames, pulling pranks and doing how to videos, and selling information from the people she spies on to companies, which being a digital witness and having a minizep outfitted for spying makes collecting info pretty easy.

She would really just want to go somewhere else, but I the campaign I made her for never took off, and being a NEET streamer is a fine enough life for now.

Russia, Moscow specifically, and Seattle so far. At some point she wants to go back to Russia and give the Vory something in return for literally stealing her face.

There is no help
Only suffering awaits
Give up and GM

I know, man. I know. I just want to be the grizzled veteran with war stories who's running the shadows because he couldn't really take normal life when he tried to retire, and the only time he really feels like himself is on the job, with his comrades around him.

Also be a good cook and cover shit like medic stuff.

Aluminium bone lacing, 5 body, Platelet Factory, Double elastin and maybe one or two cyberlimbs with 3 armor makes you pretty tough.

user, while the thought is appreciated, it's not the characters that die, it's the game itself. Whether it's scheduling, work, family, injury, or some other thing, something seems to come up.

I swear it's like a curse. It only happens to the good games, too. Awful games filled with furries and people trying to play Pixies? Everyone can ALWAYS make it. Games with RP or interesting plots? Nah, sorry, my dog exploded after being hit by the car that crushed my wife's leg and then plowed into my house and killed all of our children, we're gonna have to cancel.

Mine too. I have entire crews of runners who are stuck waiting for a game.

How would you stat a VSS Vintorez in Shadowrun? Basically just a Cavalier Arms Crocket EBR that gets an integral silencer with an extra -1 to the penalty of it, and maybe make it use a shorter range table?

>get a Group together
MAYBE play once per month because 1 or 2 turds that make finding a date for a session almost impossible.

There's never any decency, too. They can't talk about it in advance, it has to be during the game or the day it happens. That's if they're willing to admit it and don't disappear without warning.

1 less DV and 1 more AP.

Would it be assumed that you would have tactical rigging or at least pockets built into a chameleon suit to hold gear, or would you need to acquire such things separately?
Would a penalty be incurred on the effectiveness of your chameleon suit for wearing gear such as tactical rigging over it?

If you had 'ware like the skin toner + chameleon processor cyberware (which functions as a rating 2 chameleon suit, sans armor value, so +2 to limit for sneaking tests to hide, and +2 dice for tests to hide), chameleon skin bioware (+1 or 2 depending on quality to limit for Stealth tests, and the same number of dice to Stealth tests when stationary) a full body nanotattoo (which provides a -1 dice pool to perception tests made to spot you) or the Altskin nanomod with the chameleon upgrade (which provides a -2 dice pool to perception tests made to spot the user) could you get something like a chameleon coated backpack to store gear in or tactical webbing you could wear, or would you be stuck resorting to using things like smuggling compartments and skin pockets to be able to have gear on your person while maintaining the stealth benefits?

Another question is which of those 'wares is the best mechanically speaking? I would assume altskin, though it's only a temporary treatment, rather than being permanent like the others.

Nanotattoo is the best for sneaking in my opinion. -1 to enemy DP is always better than +1-2 to your DP.
>Would it be assumed that you would have tactical rigging or at least pockets built into a chameleon suit to hold gear
Get a Gear Access upgrade and maybe a holster and you're fine.

Subsonic ammo only, integral silencer, 12-16F availability, assault rifle range.

I like this new contact customization thing Chummer has.

>-1 to enemy DP is always better than +1-2 to your DP
Is that like a mathematical thing or an "in theory" thing?

I do like that nanotattoo is a broad penalty to perception at all times it is active and your body is sufficiently exposed, rather than being a situational thing, such as "only to Sneaking" or "only to stealth skills while stationary" so it does kind of seem objectively the best.
Hell, a nanotattoo doesn't even incur essence penalty since it's regarded as being cosmetic only.

Would you say that you could still have a skin toner cyberware and orthoskin bioware in combination with the nanotattoo? Since the nanotatto is said to be under skin, and orthoskin and skin toner don't have explicit incompatibility in the way skintoner and chameleon skin or orthoskin and dermal plating do.

I just looked and honestly that's fucking dank as hell.

It'd be nice if you could add like, multiple preferred payments or vices and stuff, though, and if the bars for them were a bit wider since it currently cuts stuff off.

Also
>Windowed

What?

Personal life in the contacts section. I'm pretty sure it's meant to say Widowed.

Reposting since the last thread died soon after I wrote this:

Newfag to SR, checking out the system and I have to ask, how much does the system allow for supernatural or technological horror with the tools it gives ? I mean that as in have there been in-setting large scare evil possessions or malevolent AI take-over. Obviously you can make something up but I prefer to use what's in the books in a clever way to make the setting consistent instead of making my players feels as if I'm pulling stuff out of my ass.

I'm particularly curious about spirits: I know you can summon various elemental/"demons" that will attack you if you lose control, but what about possessions, hauntings, etc ?

It is a practical thing. Your dicepool is already inflated as it is, adding a couple dice has less impact than reducing a foe's smaller DP.
I don't think the tattoo should stack with any skin cyber/bio, it doesn't make much sense to me.

There's been like four different times that AI have basically gone rogue as fuck and turned entire arcologies into massive blenders.

Blood Spirits, Shedim, Horrors, Insect Spirits, Shadow Spirits, and a whole lot of other shit can get REAL fucking weird. Also, spirits aren't demons, they're just spirits. They might look like demons or something, but it's always a spirit.

Posession, Free Spirits, zombies, yeah, all totally possible. Also shit like cannibalistic blood mages or mysads.

Don't forget toxic spirits, the most common nasty type of spirit.

Zombies aren't necessarily baddies. Unless you're talking about voudou zombies instead of ghouls.

I'm pretty sure you meant to have that the other way around, chummer.

The most common type of nasty spirit is the human spirit.

I'm talking about Zombie-zombies, not Ghouls, which are a variation of the vampire virus.

Man, I loved those shrimp snacks she's got there when I lived in Japan.

>doesn't make much sense to me
Eh, I was thinking the fact that the nanotattoo is explicitly stated as an LCD layer beneath the skin, skin toner mod is said to work by weaving a polymer into the users skin and giving them an implanted control device to change their skin color and orthoskin is a web of biofibers that is woven into the skin to provide armor while being "virutally indistinguishable from natural skin."

In terms of functionality, application and how they are implanted they are all rather different. While it would obvious that chameleon skin biomod, chameleon process cyberware and a nanotattoo would all make eachother redundant, the only explicity incompatibility between skin based 'ware is the fact that orthoskin, smartskin, dermal plates and other implanted armor solutions cannot stack with eachother.

>it doesn't make much sense TO ME
You do you, RAW it is working, probably RAI too, it just doesn't sit well with me specifically.

When a trauma control system states that it will attempt to stabilize the owner every minute with it's rating in place of both first aid and logic in the stabilization test, does it mean as a flat number so a rating 3 TCS throws six dice, or does it use it's rating as the first aid AND the logic, so a rating 3 TCS would be rolling 6 dice because logic+first aid?

>He just needs to spot you and raise the alarm.
And what makes you think that astral security couldn't spot non-awakened intruders? Mundies can also be seen by watchers and other spirits just fine, they just won't ever be able to tell just what raised the alarm. As an awakened (with AP) you are at least able to tell if there is astral security present, which is paramount as the guy who is going in first.

Ho traumatic is it for an animal to be turned into a bio drone, possible with rigging interface ?

Traumatic enough that even the corps can't stomach putting a price on most of them.

Besides sabertoothed tigers for some reason, have at 'em.

Nah mate, i think i will stick with taster-teeth battle corgies.

Where are the prices for them?

The writers know that alot of bioware is basically harvested from fully grown clones who only exist as better storage unit ?

*Cybertooth, not Sabertooth.

On that note, yekka, when are you planning on adding the (few) animals in Howling Shadows that have prices? The junkyard dog, skyspy, roachdrone, and cybertooth tiger.

It's for AI contacts.

Oh. I thought it might be that.
Well, mystery solved.

Super delux battle corgi:
Buy a doggo. (around 100-5000 nuyen)
train said doggo, best by yourself (free)
add double elastin (18k)
add platele farctories (17k)
add alu. lacing (18k)
add a auto injector for extra fun time amount of fun for enemy might vary and is not guranteed (500)
add boosted reflexes (12k)
add shock hand (5k)

Which leaves you with a really good and angry boy for 70.5+ Nuyen.

>Buy a doggo. (around 100-5000 nuyen)
Where are the prices for this, user?

>56328203
Common sense and some houserules somebody wrote up.
The writer had the idea that runners should catch animals like Pokèmon.
I wish i was joking

>Common sense and some houserules somebody wrote up
That isn't RAW, user. Don't try and weasel your way out of this. Again: Where are the prices for these things, listed in the Shadowrun books?

There are no listed prices, you're making it up out of whole cloth.

As you yourself said, RAW you have to go catch them yourself, and as there are no prices, there is no way to calculate how much those actually cost. So they're either unattainable or absolutely free.

bruh

He didn't even try to weasel his way out of it.

Dog-napper is a well-established archetype in Shadowrunner circles.

Omae, you got a stick up your ass, or you are a CGL writer but i'm repeating myself.

The stick is that the dog is the cheapest part of that calculation, besides the injector, so you can still safely assume that super delux battle doggo costs 70K nuyen.

He's running away from my question.

I don't do anything but 100% RAW as much as i can. So buzz off with your stupid corgi.

Oh okay so you are either a troll or an autist, good to know.

You're worse than the /k/ autists and resident lolifags.

Post runner corgis
>infiltrator

At least lolifags don't bicker about the rules and accept that it's entirely magical realm

This is a gnome with Adiposis

>rigger

>Samurai

>decker

hey
HEY

mechs aren't canon

That's obviously a steel lynx and a munchkin corgi.

>mage

Any friendo have a nice Shadowrun rules cheatsheet I can use as a reference and also hand out to some new players I am seducing into playing?

All animals got prices, user. It's in Missions errata which became official.

Here's mine

How hard is a Composure (4) Test to pass? I still barely understand this system.

You need to roll 4x 5 or 6 on d6, so on average you need a pool of 12 dice to make the check. Do the contributing attributes, skills, gear and modifiers total to 12?

You need to get four successes to pass it.

Are laser weapons worth it?

>Exotic
>Extremely expensive
>Really bad stats
>Super noticeable and rare
No.

unless fighting high armor targets, affixing them to drones or habing an energy source all the time with you and you want a weapon that doubles as barrier cutter (as long as you have acces to said source), not really.

repostan here in the hope of getting an answer maybe :)

It very traumatic for the animal, because they don't have the mental faculties to comprehend essence loss the same way humans do. They know something is wrong with themselves, and sometimes they find themselves doing things (most likely throwing themselves into dangerous situations while in tremendous pain) that they don't want to do.

Corps can and do use biodrones. That's not the reason they didn't have prices.

Go read the pastebin., newfriend

>pic
We Subnautica now?

I guess then i should not go over the "delux battle corgi" plan.
3 points of essence are RAW more than enough to preven cyberspychosis.

Prices are in the Missions FAQ and in the german Version of howling shadows.
Now grab a free commlink, you piece of shit.

Is any cybered up animal a bio drone or just those with the fancy "jump in" stuff ?

I don't know the specifics of the terminology. Personally I'd say that they need something that actually allows for direction via a rigger to be counted as a drone (a doberman with chrome teeth and a physical handler isn't a biodrone), but there's so many kinds for all purposes and budgets (CAST, TRACES, Stirrup Interfaces, Orientation Goads), that any non-critter guard animal will be a biodrone.

Awesome if you are a drone-based AI (by RAW you effectively have infinite ammo).
Pretty crap for everyone else.

The real question:
Mouth, eye, chest, or arm laser?

>57▶
>
>The real question:
>Mouth, eye, chest, or arm laser?
Arm laser all day every day.

Since anthroform drone limbs have infinite capacity (because CGL), put one in each arm and leg.
Then grab a concealed turret that pops out of the top of your head, because what else are you going to blow your weapon mod slots on? Oil slicks and ram plates?

>neoteny adiposis tits
Is it that time again ? What's the current math ?

When was geneware invented?

Grabbing a turret/weapon mount also means you can fire twice at the same target, since you can use the drone's pilot to shoot it while you use your hands.
AI's are a lot better than most people realise.

Commercial stuff? Early-mid 60's, before then it was all corp and private labs.
So the first gene-tweaked kids using public genengineering are in their early 20's, at oldest.

That is some hellacious reading of the rules.

Same rules that let the rigger in a vehicle shoot the turrets via the pilot program. Although depending on gm you may need a specific pilot just for the turret.
Although it's been a while since I read data trails and rigger 5, so check if you like. I might be wrong, but I doubt it.

A turret is either manual or automated, can't be both at all, much less at the same time.

>Since anthroform drone limbs have infinite capacity (because CGL), put one in each arm and leg

Where did you get that bullshit from?
The Limbs follow more or less normal cyberlimb rules (except in cases where they explicitely differ), so you have the same capacity as with normal Cyberlimbs for Humans.

Yeah I phrased that poorly. What I mean is you can't get armor, so you save capacity. Realistic form covers how lifelike the drone is, so you save capacity for not needing a synthetic arm/synthskin. So all the capacity there is you can put straight into enhancements and guns.

But the pricing and availability is weird. First we have the 500 nuyen "RC animal" upgrade. Then a long time nothing and suddenly we are way past 10k Nuyen, or did I overlook something ?

Ah, okay, never mind then.

But you could get a steel lynx, task with your gm about adding a seat, otherwise you will only have some small disadvantages, add medium noun and armored manual control and double team enemies while you jump in and Your Sammy rides you.

>double team enemies while you jump in and Your Sammy rides you.

Ehm...

All while having the factory included heavy weapon mount all for yourself, I forgot to mention.

>(by RAW you effectively have infinite ammo).

what? hows that work?

>double team enemies while you jump in and Your Sammy rides you.
Go on...

The whole high level metaplot of Shadowrun is about eldritch horrors and how dragons, corps and immortal elves are fighting or preparing to fight them. Just go crazy and probably somewhere in deeps of five editions there is a splat that's fits your needs.

For possessions check out 5th edition "Street Grimore", keep in mind that it's completely possible that also your guardian spirit can go rogue and try to possess you. For hauntings just some wild spirits. Right from the top of my head I don't know if there are human spirits or ghost, but as the GM you could easily rule something out.

>The whole high level metaplot of Shadowrun is about eldritch horrors and how dragons, corps and immortal elves are fighting or preparing to fight them. Just go crazy and probably somewhere in deeps of five editions there is a splat that's fits your needs.

wait, what?