/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General: LEAKS edition

Welcome to the D&D 5th Ed. General Discussion Thread

>Xanathar's Guide to Everything — Table of Contents
web.archive.org/web/20171016180500/https://www.dndbeyond.com/members/BadEye/articles

>Xanathar's Guide to Everything — New Player Options
mega.nz/#!U7RkBJrI!76abnPsumdl4qV_KnYObbDP5g7cAV4yvpJCVJlHjrUk

>Unearthed Arcana: Fiendish Options
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA_FiendishOptions.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/...

Reminder that leaks have arrived.
mega.nz/#!U7RkBJrI!76abnPsumdl4qV_KnYObbDP5g7cAV4yvpJCVJlHjrUk

Is it important for a DM to do many different voices for NPCs, or can information be conveyed in another way?

>or can information be conveyed in another way?
finger puppets

Tone and patterns for major distinct characters. Mostly normal except for varying emotion for regular NPCs.

Guys I'm signed up for a one-shot next week, and it seems there'll be a tranny present. A very, very non-passable masculine tranny.

send help

Do you want to get in their pants?

If not, just refer to everyone with their character's pronouns, and you have no problems.

>What are some of your favorite Druid ideals/worldviews that aren't just "I like trees" or "fuck civilization"?

There's an old druid kit based on Merlin (who was a druid in some stories) that casts them as advisors to kings and nobles. Because druids are typically wise and neutral-aligned their advice is respected and they take the opportunity to manipulate people to their own ends. I imagine it would be the kind of druid who casts themselves as wise stewards of nature who use civilized means to protect the balance and not just people who live in the woods and smoke weed.

Prepare to have that game ruined

You're not protecting nature. You're protecting others FROM nature. You're in a medieval fantasy setting filled with monsters and magic everywhere - nature FUCKS PEOPLE UP. You're there to STOP THEM FROM GETTING FUCKED UP by knowing your shit about nature.

What, you want to have sex with them but don't feel up to it by yourself or something?

I have a transgender player. They're pretty chill. Not to say the one in you group could be an asshole, but I wouldn't write them off as a bad player immediately.

Danse Macabre:

>Targets up to 5 Small or Medium corpses
>They stand up as zombies or skeletons, casters choice

Can I use this to debone a chicken?

We have one at my games, we just put up with it
Game hasn't died yet

If you CAN do a bunch of different voices, by all means, do so. If not, you can probably spare yourself the effort.

>I just can't seem to figure out why people don't like this rotten meat, all I did was magically debone the chicken by reanimating it's skeleton.

I'm pretty sure chickens are Tiny creatures.

Yep, but I imagine the flesh rots off. Unless the zombies are fresh when they're made and putrefy as time goes on?

Play as a cleric of Corellon.

How do you magically debone chickens?

How about a pig, then?

There are two transgendered players in my group and they're both consistently the most engaged players and the ones who put in the most effort

Frankly you're setting off more red flags than the person you're describing

>They stand up as zombies or skeletons, casters choice
I think it's meant to work like animate dead, where you can only make it a skeleton if you target a pile of bones.

>eating undead meat
You're really just begging to catch some kind of horrifying disease or curse there

Okay, first we breed magically enlarged superchickens until the magic becomes an innate part of their being, like with dragons.
Now, the chickens are Small size creatures. So we just make their bones boogie out of their bodies.

>voicemail
>Mr. user, this is ZZ Top expy from LGS. Your XGE is in.
Good times, lads. Class gets out in 2 hours and then I'll be balls deep in new handbook goodness.

Don't be "that guy". Also, I wouldn't call them a tranny irl.

Do you have a gun?

Any reason why Bards don't have Power Word Pain when they have literally all the other Power Words?

>t. People who take selfies with their mouths open and mustaches freshly waxed.

I guess its because they're used to roleplaying

If it's that much of a problem uninvite them because you'd be doing them a favor not having to put up with your bullshit

Because that would take away from the glory of wizards.

That might work in theory, but "breed magically enlarged superchickens" sounds like exactly the sort of thing that would inevitably go horribly wrong and require an adventuring party to come in and kill everything.

Nah, I just don't have autism.

I also play with black people if that triggers you, too.

Pain = damage

Bards can't do direct damage with high level spells

Perfect for a level 4 adventure. Pit the party against 2x their number of superchickens and the deranged wizard who bred them.

Would play. Reminds of some of the shit from older RPGs, the farmyard savior.

>"breed magically enlarged superchickens" sounds like exactly the sort of thing that would inevitably go horribly wrong
That's what the permanently hasted foxes are for.

>Bards can't do direct damage with high level spells

ahaha says who

They're not the GM, they just signed up for it.

It's more likely they'd be kicked out half-way through the oneshot.

Their spell list

>what is magical secrets
>also what is Mordenkainen's Sword

Probably how they got cockatrices in the first place.

"let's breed a dragon with a chicken so they're bigger. I'm sure the magic won't backfire."

Hexblades just cucked champions!

I don't see why prestigitation can't do it

>You IRL

Topkek.

Autism has significant correlation with liberalism though.

>Play with black people

...and?

>what is magical secrets
And you can get Power Word Pain with it

It doesn't deal damage though. It's a control spell. Also, they literally have Power Word Kill and Feeblemind. At 7th level they even have Mordekainen's Sword, as shitty a spell as it is.

It was meant to be you seeing people not wanting the burn trannies on sight, but oh well

>Is it important for a DM to do many different voices for NPCs, or can information be conveyed in another way?

The only time it's important is if you're doing voices. Doing voices is, in itself, totally superfluous to a well conveyed story but if you're going to do voices than you need to have more than two.

If you throw a temper tantrum because some random dude who wants to play in your group is trans, you are autistic.

I actually have nothing against them, just you virtue signalling numales who had to leap to their defense.

>no twohander
yeah no

READ

Yet you're the one being severely autistic here. No one is forcing you to to play with them. Go outside and chill out.

Wait wait wait. Sickening Radiance deals 4d10, 1 level of exhaustion and makes it invisible for the creature to go invisible? Holy shit that sounds OP.

Tell the DM that you won't play with abominations.

It's basically what happens after a nuclear detonation.

*makes it impossible for the creatures to go invisible

>I actually have nothing against them

>Hey guys, I have a goddamn tranny joining my group god help me.
>Trans people aren't bad players so you should be cool.
>YOU'RE ALL VIRTUE SIGNALLING NUMALES, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THEM YOU HIPSTER LIBERAL FAGGOTS.

>What are saving throws

That sounds awesome. What is it and where do you get it?

I wouldn't be surprised.

non-passable hon was the worst most outwardly aggressive and passive-aggressive player I've ever sat down with, stupid big chip on xirs shoulder and just got worse and worse when nobody rose to xer bullshit.

terrible player too, all xhe ever did in character (human fighter, female) was rape all the barmaids, and I mean, literally forced them rape.

If you had no problem with them than wouldn't you also be one of these supposed nu-males you speak of based on the replies

As one of the other people "leaping to their defence" I figure that unless they're interested in them sexually, the only reason to complain about them being transexual is knowing what pronouns to use. Hence suggesting using their character's ones instead.

no you

Am I missing something, or am I rightfully glad that with XGE druids now get something to do on their turn other than "I'm gonna continue concentrating and move away from the enemy"

I'm a level 4 moon druid, and if I didn't have wild shape, I feel like thats all encounters would be. Even looking at higher levels, the amount of non concentrate spells is astonishingly few.

Still that's a bit much for a 4th level spell, don't you think? Specially considering it can last up to 10 minutes with concentration.

Sounds more like a 5th or 6th level spell to me...

for what reason

4th level, 1 action, 120ft range, Concentration up to 10 minutes

Sure, just use a bonus action to command the zombies/skellies to take the bones out of the chicken.

you mean chick
some random chick

>nuclear detonation
>It's on the warlock's list.

Oh damn, now I kinda want to make a warlock whose pact is with a nuclear bomb.

>Transexual player
Do I see you shiver with antici

Daily reminder that Deus vult paladins are canon.

Nah, dude is gender neutral.
Even then there's Mtf and FtM.

Honestly the gendered stuff doesn't really come up that much. As long as they know you're cool and making an effort, they appreciate it.

we've obviously met different trannies

Because if they're needing to come ask Veeky Forums how to act around them, they're likely to insult them. Like calling them a tranny for one.

Regardless if you view this from a "don't be intolerant of them" or a "transexuals get pissed off by anything" point of view, the result would be the same. The player says something, the other player gets upset, the original gets asked to leave.

SAY IT!

I see this guy come up too often here and i gotta ask:
Wut?

Hmm, don't care much for spells that stick to an area rather than a creature, but 30ft ain't bad.

oh they as in the OP not they as in the tranny faggot hon

got it

Nah, if you call them "trannies" that might mean you were just a prick. It's one that to say she instead of he and say "my bad I meant he". It's another thing to say Lisa instead of David without making an effort.

Don't get me wrong, there's always going to be assholes of all stripes, but most of my group is from a large city outside of my small town, so I get a pretty good amount people from all backgrounds. At the end of the day people are just people regardless of anything. I've even had a good friend and play who unironically worshiped Kek and another in the party who was Wiccan and gay. Their characters even had a Bromance.

You just gotta quit being weird and viewing people as ideas and speak to them on an individual level. That's the key to not being "that guy".

You've never seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show, user? You should-it's pretty goofy, and it's got Meat Loaf in it.

Do yourself and watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show. It's pretty over the top and funny.

Oh right, whoops, yeah.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to saturday night?

Address as whatever sex is being presented at the time. If they get overly mouthy or passive-aggressive, just roll your eyes and say "Since you're just looking for excuses to drive me off I'll just leave"

>If you don't call a man a woman, you're an asshole
Ask me how I know you're from America. Specifically, Commiefornia.

>Veeky Forums and /Pol/; When Boards Collide

You're saying that, in a D&D thread?

If you take the viewpoint that they're just pretending, then do you also complain about people playing characters who aren't exactly like them in real life as well?

Do you scream when the guy playng a cleric heals your character's wounds because you know he can't actually heal broken legs?

Do you try to ignore giant spiders in the game because everyone knows they couldn't exist due to the square cube law?

If there's any place that "they're just pretending" reason wouldn't matter, it should be around the gaming table.

Fun thread guys!

Unless they choose the pact of the blade (like every hexblade probably would) so weapon type isn't restricted. Did you not read the whole entry?

How's that ranger you can't see in total darkness?

Holy slippery slope, Batman.

We've fallen right damn off the cliff already.

Texas. Small town rural Texas, probably done more honest labor in my life than you.

If you call a guy who goes by Joseph "Joey" all the time, then he tells you to stop, and you don't you're an autist lacking social skills. The thing about tabletop RPGs is that they involve social interaction, so if you did that to a player in my group, I'd probably tell you to knock it off. If you didn't stop, and did so many other things equally obnoxious and did it to everyone, I wouldn't invite you.

That's why you're "that guy".

You can now ask me how I know you're a tranny as well.

It is US thing, i believe? I am eurofag and don't watch TV.