/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

Salamanders on Terra edition.

>Previous thread
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xN0VAsJElX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for the Emperor.

Second for the fourth legion

Third for reply to this post or your primarch will die in his sleep.

My bitter brother!

So which primary was more beloved by his brothers? Sanguinius or Vulkan?

Not today.

You Astartes are such immature creatures. No surprise you ruined everything our glorious king had achieved.

Didnt Valdor almost go down to some TSon blademasters without their psychic powers? Kinda embarrassing tbqh.

Joke's on you because he never sleeps.

As far as I can remember he fought 30 1k sons blademasters at same time.

While being surrounded by his bodyguard and some Sisters of Silence though. I means its not like TSons are known for their martial skill is it?

He was alone fighting against 30 blademasters.

That's Micheal Jordan syndrome right there m8. He was so fucking great at basketball that he would never be known for anything else. Does anyone even remember how well he did playing baseball and golf? Who the fuck cares if he was great at either of them their notoriety would never reach his basketball career.

>Of the hundred, less than thirty managed to fight their way past the Custodians and Sentinel Guard that surrounded Valdor. Those thirty closed on the First of the Ten Thousand as a single body, each wielding long blades that, even without the psychic charge normally provided by its user, could still cut ceramite armour asunder with ease. Valdor slew them all, but at great cost to himself, for at least one of the crimson warriors had left his mark upon the lord of the Custodes, red blood staining his gold armour.
Seems to me he fought them alone, it isn't clear though.

>I means its not like TSons are known for their martial skill is it?
Lucius was once almost beaten by a TS swordmaster, so I guess the Khenetai are more than decent with a blade.

The Sisters of Silence were definitely working, as they couldn't psychically charge their swords.

Corax paced slowly to the first cell door on the Red Level. He paused for a moment, repulsed and driven on in equal measure.
It had to be done.
Inside, he found a creature crouched in the corner, its skin white beneath clumps of thick black fur, its eyes round, ebon discs that stared at him without any obvious intellect. Even so, he could not ignore the similarities – the pale flesh, and the dark eyes.
They had fought the war, and they had won. Now was the time to put right the assertion he had made to the sorcerer Nathrakin, on the forge world of Constanix II.
‘I have made several oaths in my long life, but I have been careful to swear only those I could fulfil – except for one,’ he told the beast. He crouched next to the pitiful thing and it shuffled closer, comforted by his presence, though the sight of it broke the primarch’s heart. ‘One I now think may be beyond me. I looked into the face of our enemy, into the heart of the force that had corrupted them. I knew that, even if we killed Horus, that power could not be eradicated completely. Chaos will return with ever greater strength if we allow it, if we give it the vessels it seeks and feed the ambitions that drive the weak to its embrace.’
Corax recognised the adoration and trust that radiated from the deformed Raptor. He laid one massive hand upon the former legionary’s head, and the fingers of the other curled around his throat. The creature’s mouth worked a few times, and drool dribbled over Corax’s hand and fell to the floor in thick gobbets.
‘I remember everything, and I remember my exact words before I sent that fiend back into the warp-vortex that had birthed it...’
Tears stung the primarch’s eyes.
‘I... I promised him that I would destroy every warp-spawned, Chaos-tainted creature in the galaxy before I die...’
The mewling, groaning thing that had been Navar Hef met his gaze.
‘And I have always kept my promises, my son.’

Less embarrassing than endless daddy issues and constant dick contest tbqh.

If the Emperor in his glorious wisdom did not seek for the legions to improve themselves through constant contests of fatherly dick length, he would have made femarchs.

They are still 30 elite swordmen with power blades. At once. And Khenetai are known for fighting as a single body and mind, even without psychic powers they're not a joke.

Probably Sanguinius, even Curze liked him.

>Implying the Emperor was not a total retard when dealing with human psychology
Primarchs were a mistake

The question is : how good are they without precog, biomancy, etc. ?

>Lucius was once almost beaten by a TS swordmaster
>Somebody lost to Lucius
Its confirmed Thousand Sons are the worst legion.

Yeah that may be Lucius' only victory now that I think about it

Lucius doesnt even win does he? Pretty sure Ahriman stops the fight.

Lucius suffers fucking horribly from the Worf effect, at least Fulgrim is enough of a cocky but successful dick to balance out Lucius' constant failure.

I mean he won the fight, he just wasn't able to strike the killing blow. Still I get the feeling that the Thousand Son wasn't really trying. Honestly short of killing a primarch I don't think anything can bring Lucius back from being a complete joke.

Fulgrim also benefits from the single highest primarchs kill count

I'd say still pretty high up the totem pole as far as regular marines go. Against other dedicated melee units they'd lose without their psychic powers.

>Does anyone even remember how well he did playing baseball
Everyone remembers, because he was getting soft-balled by opposing players who were fans and he was still bad.

I know this is more 40k related but I just finished burning of prospero and it's stuck in my head

Who would win if space wolves faced off against the minotaurs?

Has he carved himself up and lost to Cyrus yet? Because I imagine they could revitalize him after that.

Though, his whole gimmick was always about him losing.

Sad.

The Wolves almost jobbed to the TSons of all people even after Magnus sabotaged the defences, while the Minotaurs are literal whos who are the bottom bitches of the High Lords.

The only victory would be if someone else put them both out of their misery.

>Primaris
>Horus Heresy
That actually hurts to see.

Legionary Fighting Ability Power Rankings:

Tier 1: Sigismund, Kharn, Sevatar
Tier 2: Abaddon, Corswain, Azkaellon
Tier3: Lucius, Sharrowkyn, Argel Tal

Can't think of many others at or near that level.

Put Amit up there in tier 1.

>That actually hurts to see.

Does it hurt any more than people using Indomitus legs to make truescale marines?

No, doing that just makes 'em look ridiculous. But I moved exclusively to HH because I hate what they've turned 40k into, so seeing those models in 30k colours annoys me more than it should.

Pretty much any of the first captions it appears. Amit should be second or first teir though.

Maybe if you are going to make truescale marines actually put in effort.

>Though, his whole gimmick was always about him losing.
Before the Heresy series started his whole gimmick originally was that he was the best swordsman who had never lost a duel until Cyrus killed him after the heresy. Now he's just a guy who writers have their favourite character defeat to prove how badass they are.

youtube.com/watch?v=xN0VAsJElX4

New 30k player here and starting a Thousand Sons army soon. Where can I find a list of all the Psychic powers?

Also, any tips in general for a new player?

Read the tactics page on 1d4chan. Also check the OP for resources

I: Sigismund > Kharn > Lucius

II: Abaddon > everybody else

I AM MAD TO BE MELEE COMBANTANT

Killing fifty clones of Ferrus Manus is just respawn camping like a bitch.

Okay, I have been a Wolves fan since before some of you were born, and it comes down to 25 years of plot armor vs the late Alan Bligh's IA10 fanwank of mysterious loyalist Iron Warriors.

All decided by who Gee Dubs wants to pimp harder for sales that year.

To the user in the last thread who insisted that Sevatar died in the battle of Terra, I object- assumes facts not in evidence. He is still in a detention cell on the Invincible Reason in the current plot.

Theories are:

1. Since he is a psyker now, he gets picked up by Malcador for the GKs. ADB hinted at that with the tomb scene in The Emperor's Gift.

2. Gets kicked out into the void with scraps of loyalist NLs, the ex-XIX Legion Ashen Claws and other Terran RGs, and they become the Carcharodons (an user posted once that Alan Bligh told him that before he died)

Or 3. Like the Joker, or his daddy Konrad Curze, he magically escapes, and ends up back with the NLs to die on Terra.

No one knows yet. And since ADB whines on Facebook to the Sevatar fans how much he actually dislikes Sevatar, I don't expect a happy end.

guard of the crimson king

He's dead before Curze in the Night Lords trilogy.

>Also, any tips in general for a new player?
Make an army you enjoy building and playing over making the strongest army list possible. If you like tanks, take tanks even if your legion doesn't get bonuses to tanks. If you like hordes of space marines take hordes of marines even if your legion doesn't benefit much from them.

Well he did almost kill Guilliman, and the fight was so one-sided that skill wise he might as well have. Even without that he still has the first primarch kill and was the first or second daemon primarch (unsure whether he or Angron was first).

Do we know when the new rulebook is being released?

He DID kill Bobby G. He only got better because of plot magic

Reported dead. Did anyone see it? Or was he believed dead in the fighting on the Invincible Reason? Mercutian said he believed Sevatar still lived, which would have been a fine fucking trick after all that time.

Which is better, Castellax or Domitars?

>He DID kill Bobby G
no

A fatal injury for sure, but the dude never bought the farm. Don't count your dead chickens until they actually die.

Castellax except against dreads or mc. But with darkfires castellax work for that to.
- Castellax are troops (im putting this as a negative as they can't score.)
+ much better shooting naked against inf
+ cheaper, allows for stuff like eta and power blades typ make em even better.
The domitaur however has defensive grenades ok anti mc / light vehicle shooting and concussive without giving up a melee attack. Its also slightly faster then castellax as long as you keep it in controller range.

In the end i think the price is the deciding factor as while their attacks are potent. They lack the numbers required to not get swamped by tacs or worse and domitars are 100% less useful then an artalax.

Both however are much better pom recipients then a lone castellax. (If you don't have a thanny - But is argue that they don't really need pom

Are Coronus (Coroni ?) grav carriers worth their points since you can deep strike any Custodes infantry unit instead for cheaper ?

Well in the end Yvraine turnde off Bobby's life support and he died.
Sh he died.

Id argue that transports are almost always neccesary. Especially for low mobility infantry that costs hundreds of points. They allow you to bypass your primary weakness of tarpits and typhons / vindis / dusas.

coronus grav carriers are hands down the most undercosted unit in an already OP army list so you should take at least one of them. remember you don't have to deploy in the dedicated transport so you can just have a giant golden monster dildo with a flare shield shooting shit on its own.

Well in the end Yvraine turned off Bobby's life support and he died.
So he died.

Hey guys, brand new 30k player here. After years of owning the books i finally put together a Sons of Horus army. Ive got 90 bolter dudes, 10 Chainsword dudes, 2 dreadnoughts, 1 kheres contemptor, 20 cataphractii, 5 tartoros, 5 justaerin, 5 reavers, 2 drop pods, 1 rhino, 1 land raider, 1 predator (executioner, c beam, melta), 4 centurions, 3 praetors, and abaddon/loken combo. I only recently got back into 40k (using the home brew it edition 30k). Is what I have any good?

OH and 2 javelin attack speeders.

And here's a closeup picture of some. I'm trying to decide whether o not with my new guys to give the sergeants centurion plumes. I think it really helps them stand out and maybe top knots for one or 2 guys in each squad. But I don't know if that would make them look like loyalists more with centurion plumes instead of the gang pack members they're supposed to be.

Looks pretty nice collectionwise, might wanna beef up the reavers and tartaroses and get some more armor stuff. Nice having so much of it painted as well. What's the latest thing you painted? Im surprised you didn't improve more then what you show in the progress of having almost 200 marines.

pls don't die Lion

Every fucking thread, check the FW community website.

One? He's on par with Dorn.

I think it's fair to count Guilliman as a kill too.

Does anybody know when the Horus Heresy books reach the Terra War??

no

By the time that happens we'll have probably already reached the 31st millennium.

Magnus was the first deamon primarch.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

I only have the two red books, but do Primarchs count as your compulsory HQ?

Latest thing was just putting another wash on absolutely everything to darken them up. The guys in the second pic, including loken, I got off ebay. So 90%of my forces don't match them. And I have a bunch of forge world sons of horus and lupercal green to use, but my airbrush has been broken for so long I couldn't use them. Having so much infantry and a lack of anti-tank kinda worries me, but the only non expensive option I see is getting a bunch if heavy support squads. But again, that's a ton of infantry my opponent could just focus on.

Speeders are excellent at And you have plenty of lascans in threads

Not sure I understand, I think autocorrect got you. I know I have the 2 speeders, and the predator that I can put out a melta and my landraider has some lascannons, but I've NEVER had good luck with lascannons. They always whiff a roll or something and then my infantry in my renegades army have to do all the heavy lifting, which is hard for untrained muppets.

Was he right?
"All empires are forged in blood,’ ‘To pretend otherwise is naïve. The rule of law cannot be maintained by the blind hope that human nature is inherently good."?

Here's the paint difference

>dat left marine
That's some great improvement but how did you start out so bad?

No, they are a LoW choice, but the Primarch's Chosen FoC makes them HQ.

Are they not done with Ultramarines/Battle of Calth stuff? Terra War should be the next step, right?

What happened to Big G is equal to what happened to Horus in Davin.
He was practically dead, only the powers of the warp managed to bring him back to life

That was ebay

Rate my list lads. I'm the retard from yesterday who will have two Proteus regardless of if they're shit.

Sons of Horus / Rite of War: Primarch’s Chosen

HQ

Horus the Warmaster - 500

Elites

10x Justarin Terminators - 455
2x multi-meltas - 50
5x power fists - 25
chain fist - 10
= 540

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought - 155
2x Kheres pattern assault cannons - 25
extra armour - 5
= 185

Troops

10x Veterans - 160
10x combi-weapons - 100
artificer armour - 10
= 270

10x Veterans - 160
10x combi-weapons - 100
artificer armour - 10
= 270

Fast Attack

3x Jetbike Sky Hunters - 135
multi-melta - 10
melta bombs - 5
= 150

Heavy Support

Land Raider Proteus - 180

Land Raider Proteus - 180

Sicaran Battle Tank - 165
lascannon sponsons - 40
armoured ceramite - 20
= 225

Total: 2,500

Meant for

Yncarne is not related to the Warp though.

How does /hhg/ model recon armour? Do you just put big boy marine heads on scout bodies, or is there more to it?

Old school with some spare bits lying around.

Yncarne is a fucking daemon.
And Ynned who ressurected Guillman after he was killed is a warp god, just like Slaanesh.

Most of the legion got a special tip top melee special unit.

Anyways the TS are still astartes, it's easy to forget that. Astartes first, psykers second.

Eidolon is good too, he didn't become lord commander because of nothing. He's a huge dick, but still lethal as fuck.

Sanakht, tier 3

Vets and reavers are the SoH's bread and honey. Justaerin are just a bonus.

Some advice from a long time SoH player. Bully your opponent like a Night Lord and benefit from better shooting and reserves. That means take care to send your units to eliminate something you know they can eliminate. Don't send them into a fair fight unless you absolutely have to interdict that enemy unit.

Reavers. I know a lot of people run them cheaply with chain axes. I run mine somewhat expensive in two ways

1. Full squad (15) with jump packs, chain axes, and volkite chargers. 30 BS5 St5 shots. 65 st5 ap4 attacks on the charge plus merciless fighters attacks (sometime all 15) at initiative step 1 means a lot of wounds that have to be saved against most infantry. These guys work best against mechanicum thallax, ursarax, scyllax, vorax, adsecularis, and secutaris. They just delete those units with aplomb. But they're also great at taking down rapier crews, tactical squads, or any other non assault-oriented marine unit. Assassins eye is great at lumping your 6s to hit (both shooting and assault) on that powerfist wielding sargeant to limit the recourse to your guys.

2. 11 reavers. Jump packs. 5 Combi-meltas (for tackling vehicles). 5 combi-plasma (for tackling heavy infantry like terminators) Chieftan has combi-flamer. All have banestrike for ap3 rending. This unit can tackle exactly one heavy infantry unit with bs5 plasma, one vehicle with bs5 melta, and as many typical marine squads as they like with banestrike (assassins eye makes the banestrike even better as you can somewhat target your to wound rolls by allocating some hits and therefore rending to a degree). Basically they bounce around the board and delete a vehicle, then maim or delete a heavy infantry squad, the go looking for softer targets.