Critical Role One-Shot: Honey Heist Edition

Tonights DM: Marisha Ray

>You play a criminal bear, and you have two stats: CRIMINAL and BEAR. Hewitt describes it as "A roleplaying game in which you are a bear with a plan, but unfortunately you are also a goddamn bear, so let's see how that goes." He posts a one-page RPG each month, and co-wote the most recent edition of the Paranoia RPG.

Link to Honey Heist: docdroid.net/KJzmn5k/honey-heist-by-grant-howitt.pdf#page=2
It's actually pretty fun for a one-shot as long as you have a good DM

>Will Marisha prove her white knights right and run a fun game, or will she fall apart?
>Will Marisha be as intelligent as she sometimes seems outside of game, or will she channel Keyleth?
>Will Liam find a way to make this game about bears and honey into a melodramatic mess?

Talks Machina Campaign Wrapup: Thurs. December 14th at regular time
New Campaign in the new year
Artbook looks neat, but not $60 neat.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Marisha_Ray/status/928783947521171456
twitter.com/AnonBabble

twitter.com/Marisha_Ray/status/928783947521171456
Apparently, tonight's game is set in Tal'Dorei as well.
I want to be skeptical, but I am also really excited. Go figure.

I mean if you listen to her outside of game she seems mildly intelligent (Plus when they just threw her into Creative Director she actually helped right the ship), but then you get shit like

>Be in the Feywild, be high WIS Druid, everyone (including experts) yelling not to fucking touch anything
>Picks a flower
>Goldfish and the cliff
>I use a GUST OF WIND

I don't hate her nearly as much as Veeky Forums does, but her character got old

15 minutes lads
>Brian Foster confirmed

This retarded bullshit. ""Quirky"" ""cute""" games are just a waste of people's time and a great way to draw uninformed retards into this hobby like the kind who join and then ask to play their first character as some kind of idiotic fucking greentext gimmick from Veeky Forums. Wow, trilbies and bears, lolrandumxD!!! What the fuck is even the point of playing a bear? Does it add anything? If bears can be "drivers" and "hackers", why not just make them people? It's an obvious gimmick to cover for this whore being a shit gamer. Calling this a game is like calling rick and morty shitposts "literature".
>inb4 "FUN!!!"

>Critical Role
>5 minutes in
>NAT 20 WOOOHOHOHOHHHOHOHOHWOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
>Table explodes in geysers of cum
>Liam immediately whips out his mushroom cap and rubs it on the table
>Marisha begins convulsing in what turns out to be a grand mal seizure brought on by pure ecstasy

This is how every episode pretty much goes, with only minor hyperbole.

She'll fall apart right as break gets called, her default state IS Keyleth, and ofc Liam will angst regardless of medium.

If Mercer's there he'll likely bail his wife out.

>They need to kill time till new year
>Liam/Sam want new people to try DM'ing
>Marisha and Matt has been busy prepping for their wedding/being on their honeymoon and just got back Monday
>Decide to do something goofy and simple since they don't have time to plan a complex one shot

I've played it before just to kill a couple hours when some of my regulars couldn't make it. Its a pretty fun gag campaign. Trying to stretch it to 4 hours is really something though, even with the inclusion of Taldorei/Trinket. Plus its probably just a big signal boost for the creator

>I wonder if Marisha partakes in psychedelics. Matt admitted that the first time he went to Burning Man his friends had him sample a bunch of the safer psychedelics (Mostly cause it was a safe space and Matt had never done drugs cause he was afraid he would end up an alchy like his dad))

>This Marvel Puzzle Quest ad
Sam is a true diamond

Imagine spending $60 to buy some Twitter art

The most magical thing about Sam is his shilling capabilities.

>Marisha playing a Bard on Force Grey
I mean its not her fault since I believe she is covering for the Bard character but oh god

How many minutes until she says something stupid showing it's not just she's "playing Keyleth"

I call 15 minutes.

>the i've made a huge mistake face

I mean she already stumbled on the intro, so about 5-10minutes

marisha has been practicing her vex voice

matt probably asks for it during sex

That was a pretty great vex

Her voice acting is pretty decent so far. But everyone else is amazing too.

Damn looking at her in that picture compared to her on stream you can tell she got sunburned to fuck.

Im shocked it wasnt a nerd wedding

She can do voices pretty well in general. It's just that Keyleth just has her voice and she ruins that further by forcing a bad "wise" twist on it

So far my only issue is that Marisha cant stop corpsing, then again this is fucking hilarious

Didn't Tal say they rolled initiative on their vows?

Just a reminder bottom right fucks Ashley Johnson every night

No idea

>every night
once a month when she's not getting dicked in NYC

I think he stays in NY with her. She had mentioned him watching her react in real life a second before she did on stream while she skyped into sessions

Does anyone else think Matt looks like a stereotypical Irish gang member in that hat?

Actual hats this is awesome.

100% This is a surprisingly good one-shot so far.

>Marisha attempts an obscure character reference
>Forgets to write down her name

I literally watched that episode the other day and I forget her name

Fucking Victor.

Points for Victor appearance and good voice

If we make it out of this sequence without Keyleth being shoehorned in I will be a believer in this one-shot

"We don't need any martyrs in this group" -Liam

>Liam being the one to say that

>Matt playing Trinket as over the top as possible

Worth it just for this

These bears plan better than Vox Machina

That's an understatement.

>Vex voice

fuck knows who theses people are, but I'm 100% stealing this for my next 1shot

Just got here. Anything important happen? Has Marisha acted like Keyleth or a normal person?

It's been pretty funny so far, I'm enjoying myself

What's happened is gold

Pretty much they are trying to find honey at a festival with a honey tasting competition.

Victor the Black Powder merchant was an entrant so there is explosive honey all over the place.

So far she has been good. The game is goofy as fuck, but its been fun

Strangely enough, I'd say it's been on par with Travis's game in terms of quality.

Marisha's been surprisingly normal, this is a good rpg for her. Also,

>Trinket going full criminal and leaving VM behind

Marisha has been good so far. She is doing the world building and putting them into scenarios and letting them do the work (Like a good DM should when your players can carry)

This is not what I expected at all. Alright. This gives me hope for Marisha not being a shitty character next campaign

OH FUCK, when you roll a 6 on a check the DM is able to insert a twist into it.

Is it possible that Keyleth as a character was the problem the whole and not Marisha herself

She's actually doing pretty good

>56335071
She was just as great as everyone in the Goblins one shot, with voice acting, RPing and everything. The problem is Keyleth is a terrible character and Marisha can't manage a complex class

Yes.

This is just me, but I've always felt that the druid class was a bad fit for Marisha. Didn't she once admit that she usually doesn't play full-casters?

And now the bears are about to murder children

Gives me hope for the future.

>Hi Homeland Security, because now I'm on the list.

Her goblin song was the best.

This is what Critical Role needed

There is a fine line between having a lisp and having a mental disorder

Vox Machina used to murder the elderly on the reg, it's a step up

Yeah that was a bit brutal but otherwise it's been fun as fuck so far

Never forget when Tiberius splattered the Grandmother all over Emon

That's a Marisha Ray special

Wow this game seems obnoxiously complicated

Damn... that maw... I can feel it gnashing through my computer screen.

>Never forget when Tiberius splattered the Grandmother all over Emon
RIP Edna

I can’t imagine wanting playing this more than once. Same with that Mountains of Madness one last week.

ever since they been showing this board game shit in the break I wanted to bend this red head chick over her board games and fuck her hard an mess up the cards and and lose pieces

Thats fucking disgusting user! Put the pieces away first

Same.

>Sam One-Shot with non-CR players

neat

Taliesin plays a good crackhead

This has been fucking fun as hell

>actual fishing game

Cute as fuck :3c

I am legitimately surprised at how well Marisha's pulling this off desu

So this is a thing. I refuse to believe Marisha came up with this on her own.

Still doesn't beat the Grog game.

"I investigate, wait, let me roll."
"Doesn't matter, it's a door."

She probably asked Matt for general tips and advice, but the whole adventure thing seems in character for her.

wait, was this good? i skipped it because of marisha.

Very good so far.

You better not be lying to me Veeky Forums

I hate Marisha/Keyleth, in every game I have seen, including one shots.

So if you are saying she is tolerable this game, and she isn't, I will never trust you again.

There's no obvious bad points to it at the very least. More than entertaining.

Then you're probably not going to enjoy it, because you've already made up your mind.

But it legitimately was funny and entertaining. Don't put it on us if you can't relax for one episode.

when is the rebroadcast?

It's tongue-in-cheek, 4th wall-leaning, setting theme-breaking, pun-filled fun. With all her bad sides, today we saw Marisha's best side.

So Keyleth was the only thing holding her back.

Yeah, this one-shot was really refreshing. Props to her.

Good Shit.

No man, this thread's just an elaborate hoax to get you to watch it for 4 hours looking for the magic to begin! Get out while you can!!

Nah, her voice acting work is trash tier. Either she's trying to sound tough and ends up sounding like a smoker tranny, or she's herself/herself+QUIRKY

At worst she's better than she seemed

I think her voice acting is in line with the vast majority of GM's, which is to say it's only average.

She did very good last night, but im curious how she would have handled combat scenarios (As that was clearly her weakness during the campaign)

This is JewishAnon levels of lolrandom cringe, except without the mechanical innovations.

She is the least experienced of all of them, by a country mile

Its because she wanted to be an actress (Matt actually met her because his friend was in the same class as her)

Seems like she has kinda given them up to be an occasional VO and run creative for G&S though

>All the white knights ITT

Who's JewishAnon?

Newfag CR cucks pls go

What the fuck is this garbage doing on my board?