What will a setting that mixes fantasy with late modernism be like?

What will a setting that mixes fantasy with late modernism be like?

Cool as fuck

Post-modern is the classical response.

If you're looking for an answer that's more revolutionary, maybe ask a more rational question?

>Post-modern is the classical response.
>fantasy + modernism = postmodernism
Fascinating
Tho I just wanted ideas to add to this vision I have of a medieval world with brutalist castles.

generic lotr fantasy, next question

Bump

bump.

Rebellion against the order. Wizards creating elaborate magic spells to pull down the king's pants during his speech, the acceptance of peasant culture as valuable, magical advances in communication creating culture war.

Alchemical moon lander.

Trick question, it would be a modern fantasy.

>brutalism
please no

Deconstructivist castles would be great, but if you want to imagine a brutalist castle just google pictures of soviet blocs or open office layouts

I grew up in brutalist apartment, I love brutalism and if I want to make a setting were it is the dominant architectural style I'll make it so

to each their own I guess

for my I'd prefer to see a blend of industrialism, postmodernism, and desctructivism with a big emphasis on found objects and anachronisms. Imagine a fantasy palace consist of a lot of weird angles, visible supports and struts, brickwork, sculptures of repurposed junk at times blending art with architecture creating interest wherever the players look. Even better if the guards are all dressed very sharply, mixing visible plate armor with stylish buttoned up coats concealing mail underneath. The local lord enters the room wearing a wine colored suit with a yellow tie, and a naval saber at his hip.

Com'on I prefer art deco, but brutalism can be much more than "soviet blocs"

That's a Pencil holder.

>I have of a medieval world with brutalist castles.

I fucking love this. I grew up on a shitty little island that's main claim to fame is that it was occupied by Germany during WW2. Beyond the whole "there's bunkers all over the fucking place" (hence my love affair with brutalist architecture), most of the forts were reinforced inside, so it's "mid 19th century fort" on the outside, "concrete bruatlist" on the inside. It's kind of incongruous, but pretty neat.

Damn, that sounds amazing

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Resident Evil, Blade, Hellboy... you got options

Yes I know, just defending my block

I thought it was one of these at first.

An episode of Venture Bros