>No thanks
>Fine if he's a good writer
>These players are usually just weird rather than disruptive

>Shitposts like this on Veeky Forums

>how is this a red flag.
>I'll give you this one
>how is this a problem?
>"waaah! Stop liking what i don't like!"

Anime is slightly more autistic than tabletop games.

>OP is a greentext

>"female" gnoll character
I don't understand this one. Aren't they the dominant gender among gnolls?

+1 for the Young Justice picture though

>Gives the group a deck of many things
>Plays as a power class with no backstory and no role play
>Plays as a cannibal
>"I based this character off of my OC!"

Technically aren't all PCs not based on an existing character OCs?

Dickgirls, because hyena females have a pseudo-penis

If you have to announce it when describing your character you know its going to be coming from some cringy fan fic 90% of the time.

>Secular humanist paladin
>In a fantasy world where reason is often less wise than superstition, and human agency is at least partly in the hands of fate, and where divine intervention is known well to exist
Some of the worst, and I love idealist paladins who aren't necessarily toady to some individual diety. It's always that asshole who uses the game as a soapbox or basically does the same shit as the fucker who tries to make gunpowder.

>has anime art for his PC's portrait
If they use 7th Dragon or Etrian Odyssey art as their character portrait, I give it a slide.

>game takes place in a medieval setting
>PC knows how to read and write without any mention of why in their background

I remember watching an rp play through of skyrim in which the pc was an adamant atheist and scholar. any atheist in the elderscrolls universe is not a scholar, they're an idiot of immense proportions.

Who is that, and where can I find more

This is an anime image board, user. What are you doing here?

Not for long, desu. There are guys in the plant I work at who are borderline gymrats who stream anime on their phones in the break room.

Before they banned radios on the floor one of the operators blasted JoJo music and Daft Punk 24/7. It's a weird timeline.

Young Justice, Terror Twins. Her name's Tuppence Terror and she talks like she probably fucks her brother when people aren't looking.

That's only spotted hyenas, tho.

We know you're butthurt about paladins who aren't a god's bitch. You don't have to make a new thread everyday.

You realise where your posting? Do you know about throwing rocks in glass houses?

>how is this a problem?
A low level character should have a short backstory. Backstory is experience, if they had experience they would not be low level.

Thank you.

I'm the guy who went full autism about godless paladins(they're still fucking stupid by the way), and I'm not OP.

>I like to explore grey morality in my games

Not saying it is all bad. Im saying that if you hamfist it up my character's ass and drone on about it, your game is probably going to be shit. Met a few gms who seem to have forgotten "show, dont tell".

I've used a couple fire emblem characters as a PC picture before. Does that count?

What about jojo if I want to play a mucsle wizard like avdol?

>What about jojo
Really depends on the character
>avdol
acceptable!

>he based his character on a real person
>it was someone in politics
Left, Right, or Central, fuck off[/spoiler.]

If I do make an Avdol-based character, should I put a couple levels into monk for CQC utility and accuracy?

I like you

>He recently played Fallout New Vegas
>"Can I play as a 1 INT barbarian, user? I think it would be fun! xD"

Anatomical accuracy is secondary to weird fetishes.

>wojak posting

But, they're not Wojaks like Easter toad isn't Pepe.

Brainlet Wojacks are so fucking creative.

>Characters you have never played with

Are girls with pee pees just boys?
t. Mom

>He doesn't have autistic-level detail of how his character grew up, his family, hopes and dreams.

>Player wants to play a Kobold Character

>female player

You know, this is disingenuous for the art style of that game. Because virtually every other class portrait looks like shit.

>Secular humanist paladin

That goes way beyond a mere Paladin!

he uses sub categories to define what his favorite style of metal is.

So all of the astartes

The Dwemer were atheist tho. They outright rejected all the gods, until they tried to build their own and got fucked out of the space-time continuum. In a setting like TES or DnD atheism would be rejecting the gods in favor of themselves or humanity or whatever bullshit, rather than denying they exist. Sure it’s still fucking stupid, but it could work. Not for a paladin though

The only true paladin

>They outright rejected all the gods
Nay theis, not Atheist

>posts red flags

Not really, because female hyenas actually give birth through them and are impregnated through them. It's basically an extended vaginal canal.

That also means being fucked WITH one does nothing for the hyena gal doing the fucking, it's literally a pure dominance act.

>Someone wants to play a royal character
>Someone wants to play a "cursed" bloodline
>Male player playing female character

It's an extension of the clitoris so it's not unreasonable that it would be pleasurable.

>frequents this website

I do this but keep two versions of the backstory: super autistic detail that can come up naturally during play, and general gist for the GM since he doesn't give me the super autistic detail in one sitting either.

>female character
FTFY

>Any character that isn't what its suppose to be. Non lethal warrior. Thief that doesn't steal. Wizard that doesn't cast spells.

Get back to kitchen!

My own anecdotal evidence with two completely different parties of people posting in Veeky Forums has shown me that they are actually pretty good players.

I'm so glad I come here, because I found this great L5R group and I never want to stop playing with them.

it's just minmaxing on a meta-level ffs, don't get your panties in a twist.

If there was an easier way to be socially superior without skilling anything, people would never play exiled princess #25326

How is L5R? Ive always wanted to try but felt iffy about it. I know that the magic system is a bit weird or something but thats about it.

Cry more you underage retard.

this but unironically

lol, u r mad.

Its a fucking furry.
Get rid of this player ASAP

>Dual class
Talk about one-winged angel shit.

Personally, I love it.

I love the nature of Rokugan, which is very distinct from Japan: the more honorable a character is, the better some of their skills are, for certain archetypes. Some of the more dishonorable archetypes eschew honor-based bonuses almost completely.

I love the system for resolving conflict, because I really like dicepools and I love the linear nature of d10. I also like the aesthetics, so there's that.

Another thing that I love about L5R is that spells are not overpowered and shugenja are priests who invoke the favor of spirits all around them for their spells. And they may be a bit more versatile than the bushi, but they definitely don't outshine them in every aspect.

The way the different clans interact is great too.

Oh, I didnt know it was a dicepool system. Ive generally had good experiences with that. Ive always been a big fan of classic samurai movies and have wanted to play the honorable samurai archetype for a very long. Just never found the chance. Ill have to see if I can convince my crew to run it some time. Got any tips?

>his character has an unwavering hatred for a race that's perfectly accepted in-universe
>never gives any actual reason for this

>Shitposts about shitposting

The irony

>Posting this on an African Spear-Chucking Consortium

The dumb faggot said while shitposting

Had one of these in Deathwatch once. It was a shit show.

I'd love to play as a kobold, if only they existed in the current setting. I prefer sneaky approaches over head-on combat, so playing as a small creature that has a good reason to avoid getting curb-stomped would be interesting.

Sure: Spider clan is as unneccessary as the dark eldar. If you want to play a game of L5R remember to give them the boot and make a ruling that the Destroyer Wars had a different outcome and a different source.

If you have a Scorpion in your party, watch your back at all times and be ready for some dishonorable behaviour.

If you are just starting off playing L5R, then the setting information may be a bit much: the core rulebook is good to have but there are a couple more books that I recommend giving a read when you have some spare time during the games. The Emerald Empire, The Great Clans and the Imperial Archives, in that order. Also grab the Book of Air, the Book of Earth, The book of Fire and the Book of Water, which contain some interesting rules for combat, spells and also some nifty new archetypes.

If you are new and want to create a character, definitely grab the L5RCM (L5R Character Manager) which is a free program for L5R 4th edition that will calculate the costs of attributes, abilities, skills, Advantages and Disadvantages for you, so you don't have to spend an inodinate amount of time with word or excel to make yourself a charsheet. And it prints it out in PDF for you so... really, there is no reason not to use it.

Also grab the L5R discord channel: if you go on the General RPG discord chat, the peeps there are really helpful and will give you good pointers for your game aswell. Ah, and I almost forgot: just a few days ago (26th november) a guy started a new voice game there, in the discord LFG (RPG). So if you are lucky and check the pinned messages, you might get into the game there and see how it is for yourself.

dude wasn't rejecting the gods, he straight up didnt believe they existed.

that... thats not irony dude, not even close

Actually, it's the literal definition for it!

>A state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

you just proved my point

They (you?) shit posted (complained) about others shit posting.

>A state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

They are doing what they are complaining about, which caused that reader humor. Ergo it is an Ironic situation by the very definition of the word. Therefor, it is indeed ironic.

I cannot possibly present my reasoning in a clearer or more logical fashion.

You may get your point across better if you teabagged yourself

That's still not atheist, that's antitheist

Yeah, you can't have atheists in a setting where the gods are obvious and easily perceivable. Unless they're retarded or incapable of seeing them for some reason.

>Literally powered by Lawful Good
>Yes, and?
>So the character is integrated into the setting and you as GM have something to work with.
>Where the hell do you think you are?

>"female" Gnoll character

>Character is a gnoll, raised by dwarves
>Adoptive mother was devout follower of Pelor
>Married, hoped to bless marriage with a child
>Turned out she was infertile
>Took to weeping next to an underground river
>Was begging Pelor for a miracle, when she saw what looked like an animal being washed down the river
>She decided to save it
>Turns out it was a baby gnoll
>She had no idea how the baby got there
>But being the pious sort, she took it as a sign from Pelor, and decided to raise the baby as her own
>Gnoll grew up among Lawful Good dwarves, believing in Pelor's truth
>From the story of her "birth", she believes she was put on the earth by Pelor for some special mission
>Became a paladin in order to spread the sun-god's light

>gets blown the fuck out
>He still comes back for more

Jesus you are such an embarrassing brainlet.

I believe the issue implied by "female" is the likelihood that said gnoll has an enormous black cock.

You are talking to more than one user you brainlet dicklet.

>Literally powered by Lawful Good
But that doesn't make any sense. Why can't you just be a fighter with principles, instead of insisting that your opinions grant you superpowers out of nowhere?

last user was a different dude but go off I guess

No, I am not.
Stop going into Threads you dont like and being autistic sperg in them.
Thats why no one wants you in their game you mong.

see

I know. I just like reposting that character idea.

As I said, you are such an embarrassing brainlet.

See You really need to contain your sperginess. If you get an autistic fit every time someone makes fun of women on Veeky Forums you have a long and bumpy road ahead of you, autismo.