Time of Legends: Joan of Arc

kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/time-of-legends-joan-of-arc
Anyone else getting in a last day backing?
Thoughts on the system?
Thoughts on the minis?

>system
Seems pretty complex with lots of cards and shit. Definitely not a grab and play type game
>minis
I've never painted in 15mm before, but it seems like a fun challenge

Also Joan of Arc is my history-fu

>Anyone else getting in a last day backing?
Pass.
>Thoughts on the system?
Pretty messy, could be more elegant.
>Thoughts on the minis?
Fantasy one`s were a mistake.

Hard pass.
Would have been cool with historical and semi-historical characters but all the biblical tomfoolery makes it look like they wanted to do warhams-lite

If the minis were 28mm or so I would purely for them, but since they aren't I'll pass.

This, so fucking much. They literally fucked up this game with XBAWX HUGE garbage. Low-magic fantasy could work too.

>Anyone else getting in a last day backing?
Yep
>Thoughts on the system?
Meh, it looks decent so far, but I'm really not a fan of cards and special dice. Looks less of a cash grab than FFG games, tho.
>Thoughts on the minis?
I'm in love
And there's a shitton of them in the box.

It's completely optional. You have historical and mythical factions and scenarios.
I'm happy to see some fantasy that isn't another DnD ripoff. Apocalypse and medieval folklore are cool.
I'll probably grab the rpg when it comes out, too.

>Joan of Arc is my history-fu
patrician taste, user

Im interested because of cool stuff like Ottomans.
I really like the biblical stuff. Biblical fantasy wargaming isn't really an option that i know of and the other elements being based on folklore rather than the same old tolkeinesque shit makes it welcome even if its not as interesting as the historical or revelations inspired miniatures.

Judging by what they said of their OGL RPG it looks like magic in the form of spells etc won't really be a thing. I don't think a world of relative realism but with rare unicorns, werewolves and witches and the occasional miracle like an angel appearing could be described as anything but low fantasy.
Of course the apocalypse box intentionally throws that out the window.

The biblical fantasy stuff is what really made me interested in the game.
I wish Michael wasnt bundled with the dragon. I want his model, but paying so much for the giant dragon bundles with it is a bit much.

The apoc Bundle is by far my favorite. Judgement, The Lamb, The Horsemen all look amazing

>the Beast is 15cm high
Looks like I bagged myself a pretty sweet chaos spawn here.

Anyways, I didn't expect this project to have such success. It's nice to see something without a big name or licence for once.

Historical's playerbase is really tiny compared to fantasy's. If it can pushsome geeks into medieval history, then all the better.

Chaos spawn are like 3cm high at most.

Went in balls deep, but passed on the RPG. After setting up shipping it's time to completely forget about it and be pleasantly surprised in about a year, I guess.

I was super interested in the RPG until they said it was based on 5e OGL. I understand as a tie-in rpg they can't make their own system but i think d20 feels really out of tune with the board game and i would rather they picked a system that at least felt a little bit like the game. D6s would resemble the game dice more, though the game uses "areas" a hex based system over square based would instantly remind players of the hexes used in the game.

I just didn't see a point, especially not when it jacks up the price by another 100 bucks. I'm mostly in it for the miniatures and I'm happy with the RPGs I'm playing right now. Making it a 5e OGL game didn't do much to make it more appealing to me. But sweet buttery baby Jesus, am I ready for some 15mm historical and fantasy miniatures in about a year

Honestly, the game itself looks decently fun but i actually got it because it pretty much leaves me set for all the D&D miniatures i will ever need for humanoids, plus theres quite a few useful monsters like skeletons, angels, the various demons, the werewolf, wolves etc.

This was a motivation for me too.
Ill never need a non-specific DnD mini again

Plus the 16mm scale means no worrying about miniatures bumping each other unless you get a big battlemat. I can print or draw smaller grids for rpgs.

So you are also in the business of using 15mm for tabletop rpg stuff?

Open D6 is a fucking good system, too.

Gneh?

The Beast would not be a good proxy for Chaos Spawn. Pic related are not very large.
I am now.

They certainly are bigger than 3cm. But the beast will probably sized more like a Carnifex or maybe even Tervigon. I mean, look at the Dragon, that thing is fantastically huge.

To small for my taste. I usually ok for models I can use in gaming/wargaming too.

For some reason my brain was thinking in inches. Chaos spawn are 2-3 inches i think. Not cm. The Beast should be comparable in size to something like a soul grinder i think? If you painted each head different colors etc it could probably pass for a lord of change. Would be about same base size, much bulkier but a bit shorter.
Around 10ish of the models would have made good wargaming proxies. Not a huge number.