/swg/ - Space Stations Edition

Last thread: → →

Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/10/coordinate-your-attack/
ign.com/articles/2017/11/10/factor-5-president-would-love-to-see-rogue-leader-on-nintendo-switch
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Even if it's shaped like an offset metal ball, it's a pretty majestic battlestation.

Considering most space stations in Star Wars didn't have Hyperdrives, are they just assembled in place?

Or are there like, Hyperdrive tow-trucks that can move large objects through Hyperspace?

>are they just assembled in place?
Mostly, yes. The most common types of station are basically shipped flat-pack to the destination system aboard superfreighters and assembled on-site
But, also
>Or are there like, Hyperdrive tow-trucks that can move large objects through Hyperspace?
Yes, huge ships with hyperdrives specialized to carry massive amounts of externally slung cargo are a thing, and sometimes used to move space stations from place to place

I assumed you could build something that projects a hyperspace bubble of sorts.

On a similar note, I'm in the process of writing up a sandbox-y campaign for EotE where I plan to use X-wing/HotAC for ship combat. I'd assumed a thing that Pirates could do was

-take a C-Roc that is docked on a space station
-configure a way to attach a dozen uglies to it for a one-way hyperspace trip/have the C-roc project a bubble or something
-only has space for 6 uglies th the cargo hold for a hyperspace jump back to base

This being a way to have some space-faring aggressive scrubs.

Or is that not possible with Star-Wars physics?

Dark Greetings!

Survey time, how many of you would want a copy of the X-wing card of our Dark Lord?

I'll have copies given out at the Chicago regional and Krayt Cup, but I'm wondering if anyone not going to those events/not knowing anyone that will go wants a copy.

Forgot to attach the art for the card.

You could externally tape them to the hull, to carry them through hyperspace, the issue is getting the pilots into them, and getting them all out afterwards
It would be completely feasibility for a pirate crew to tape six headhunters to their stolen gozanti, come out of hyperspace ten minutes from their target, spacewalk their pilots in, jump the last bit with pilots in cockpits, hit it, mag-clamp the survivors back on, do microjumps for half an hour back out and then bring everyone in, but the thing is, such a setup is only ever useful with premium intelligence (EXCEEDINGLY rare for pirates) and lots of prep time. Without those, it's literally so much of a turkey shoot that the TIE pilots who killed them wouldn't even paint silhouettes

>where I plan to use X-wing/HotAC for ship combat
This is usually an awful idea.

I figured they would strap 6 of the ships to the sides of the C-roc with pilots inside, and put 6 in the attached cargo. Then, they hyperspace jump from their base to a shipping lane that they want to prey on, and disgorge a dozen uglies. They know that only 6 can go back in to the C-Roc, so they are super aggressive since if more than 6 survive a raid, they someone will either be left behind (death scentence, since a patrol will arrive before the C-Roc can go to the base and back) or they will turn on eachother until 6 are left.

As for how there are so many uglies and people willing to fly them- planetary ship graveyard from the clonevwars that the pirates have their base next to/have control of, and the pilots bein lg mad-max esque scavengers mixed with street urchins who want to get rich quick.

for the first thing, you'd never get six ships out of a cargo bay fast enough to matter in a dogfight, and for the second thing, if that's how stunningly retarded the folks running this thing are, they'd really honestly get slaughtered by literally a single fucking TIE pilot who knows what they're doing the third or fourth time they tried that trick.
that, or the one retard who rose to the degree of retarded treachery that this """"""scheme'""""""" presumes killed everyone else involved in their sleep and sold the ships to retire to a whorehouse

>They know that only 6 can go back in to the C-Roc, so they are super aggressive since if more than 6 survive a raid, they someone will either be left behind (death scentence, since a patrol will arrive before the C-Roc can go to the base and back) or they will turn on eachother until 6 are left.
Sounds like good material for a mutiny after one combat.

I guess I was being retarded.

Really, what I'm looking for is for pirates to have a way to discharge a bunch of suicidally aggressive retards in terrible fighters out, and have it make sense.

Follow up- I know Star Wars has bubble shields, would it be possible to have some sort of bubble-base hyperspace drive?

Eg, ony can go to preprogrammed locations, but hyperspaces itself and anything else within X feet?

If your pirates have looted TIEs, then you could also have the pirates replace all the escape pods with said TIEs, a la Night Caller. Hook TIE up to now-vacant escape pod port, pilot enters TIE through the escape pod hatch, and is now able to quickly detach from the mothership and get into combat.

Is like, six your number of players or something? Because a full flight of fighters, ugly/otherwise PoS or no is kind of an awkward number to kludge. This is like, minimum fighter complement of entire military ships right here.

Best bet, take something like a Wayfarer or a GR-75 with a fuckhuge cargo bay and give it the full Hangar Retrofit. But RAW that only holds like, I think a total of your SIL +5 (if maximum modded) in Silhouettes so that's like 3 fighters. You can do two of these ghetto carriers for the six you need - go full q-ship.

Or, take a regular-ass Gozanti, and give it the imperial docking clamps. Then up to four ships with TIE-series wings can bolt on to the ventral side. We don't know if they can get in and out off base, but they can sure as hell ride there the whole way to target and launch in a jiffy.

They have a small fleet of smaller cargo ships that they can mod the fuck out of. (C-Roc in size) They have a secret pirate base in an old derelict lucrehulk. They have a fucktillion retards with uglies. Their supply of other hyperspace-capable ships is small.

What's the best way to deliver retards flying piles of garbage to other locations besides their base?

Most space stations are constructed in orbit or within populated systems, so I would assume assembly is required only in those special circumstances when they're built in random points in deep space.

6 was an arbitrary number, players are not pirates.

I want there to be some way for pirates to be able to disgorge shitty ships and have it make sense.

>What's the best way to deliver retards flying piles of garbage to other locations besides their base?
external docking, period.
if you want them to be kamikaze mongoloids, use a better explanation, like Pirate Gang X accidentally started a cult on world Y, and has abused that to recruit retards to pilot suicide bucket leftover uglies as a distraction, Imposed War style, while their actual pilots fly actual ships to hit the actual target

Didn't the deathstar have a hyperdrive?

Yep, it did. Actually a lot of space stations, especially armed ones have hyperdrives.

The Death Star is pretty dope desu.
Just as a standalone thing outside of star wars even.

I was a little amused and disappointed that, for all the traveling the DS did in Rogue One, we never actually SEE it entering or leaving hyperspace. It probably looks goofy as fuck.

Gozantis can already dock 4 TIEs externally so I don't see why you couldn't jury-rig a C-ROC or something similar to carry a comparable amount of uglies. Unlike a dedicated hangar bay, the disadvantage is obviously that the fighters are exposed, the mother ship likely takes a huge hit to maneuverability, but also I imagine a couple of other factors would come into play: The fighters would likely have to be manned before the jump as pilots probably have to go EVA to move from ship to fighter. It'd probably be much more difficult (or even impossible) to re-couple during combat in the case of a retreat, when compared to a standard hangar. As well, even minor damage to the fighter or the docking clamps would likely disable their ability to re-attach.

I'd love a copy as i'm half-way around the world from those events.
Got a burner email or something so i can send my adress to you?

I wouldn't pass the opportunity up, but how do you plan to distribute them to anyone who isn't in Chicago.

Big jobs!

Hyperspace is to some extent a 'field' effect, similar to shields in that it transitions the object from real-hyper space, including the area around the ship and everything in it.
Zee problem for big things going into hyperspace is the sheer amount of power it takes to make that transition, hence SD's tend to have whopping great reactors on them just to power everything, including a very hungry hyperdrive.

The Deathstar was kind of the exception to the rule for space stations in that it had the sheer power to move itself around, horrendously slowly.

That would actually be sick.
Like a front shot of a couple of ISDs exiting hyperspace then a massive zoom out and the Death Star warps into orbit.

>ffs

Field containment vessels like this tend to be the way stuff actually gets moved around in any quantity, they also get much bigger

What's some fun Star Wing builds?

Do Star Wing pilots dress as Tie Pilots?

I'm currently writing a full list of talents and feats from all Saga Edition books. Wish me luck.
Will probably do species and weaponry afterwards.

Are you sure no one's already done that?

Rho Squadron (Expertise, Os1, Harpoon Missile, Advanced Slam)-33

Get a TL your first round as an action, reload every other turn. Endless harpoons!

Rho Squadron (Xg-1, Heavy Laser cannon, Linked batteries, Crack Shot, Long Range Scanner)-32

Pretend to be a deadeye carrier with sheer BRRRRT.

The only references I found were either missing a few books, broken links or just had all talents with the book pages next to them, instead of all talents with descriptions. And I think someone on here complained that there's no good list, so I'll just make one for those who need it.

If you don't know anyone going to Chicago or Krayt cup, I could probably mail a copy. I'm just wondering how many extras I would need to get printed.

Neat!

Full macross can missiles? I approve.

Would make more sense if their legs fold up.

That overall makes AT-ATs make more sense.

I'd fucking love one, but I'm on the dick-tip of the country.

>Space Stations Edition

Where do those droid barges fit in?

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/10/coordinate-your-attack/

Most of the stuff in it actually looks reasonable, which is pretty nifty. Maul is goddamn nuts, good to see Rebels getting some more crew that directly buffs action economy. Not sure where I'll put him in Scum yet, since he's strictly worse than Dengar most of the time. Maybe a double Shadowcaster list.

Chopper is just funny, costed appropriately at least. As is the new generic droid. I am now fully expecting an X-wing aces pack with most copies of it, a la integrated astro. Should also be a help to BTL Y-wings. 0 cost generic crew lets you deploy at 0 or 8. Not sure how useful but it at least it is free. Toss it out the airlock with chopper if you want.

I need one, or maybe a pair of courier astros now. And since I only play Imperials, I''ll need to trade something for them.

Also, thank god that AP5 is 15 points, and not 12-ish as was expected. It prevents AP5+Lothal Rebel with FCS, Autoblaster, Hera, Chopper alongside a Super-Corran.
They have to settle for Poe or something.

Help /swg/ and our patron saint Chumbalaya- You're my only hope.

There's an X-wing tournament at my LGS tomorrow, and my collection sans one list that I have been painting is in my desk in my locked office. That means I HAVE to fly pic related (I have all illicits on hand to fill that last point though)

How would this squad want to deploy and break out? The tournament is tomorrow and I've never flown scum. I'm used to flying TIE Fighters, Specifically Crackswarsm.

I know I want to try to get Ketsu to do her one trick on a small base ship so that the Z's can gangbang it to death, but how should I deploy to ensure that this happens?

What Illicit do I want? I'm thinking between Rigged Cargo and Dampeners. Would Burnout Slam or BMST even be useful?

Any help would be appreciated. Tournament is in 20 hours.

>like three paragraphs of jerking themselves off over support pilots who nobody ever uses or who didn't see any use until the most recent wave
Funny stuff. I really don't think the Maul/Ezra combos will ever really see play since pilot Ezra is only on the shuttles who don't really benefit from the reroll effect and using him with crew Ezra seems really not worth 6 points and two crew slots, that's almost palp cost to stress the shit out of yourself and maybe get a crit and pretty much nothing that has the two crew slots to carry them has the greens to easily clear the stress on failed Maul uses. Might be hilarious in epic though, slap Ezra on a B-wing or whatever just to fulfill the requirement and then put Maul on a CR-90 to get infinite rerolls on all your weapons since huge ships ditch all stress tokens for free.

As people predicted Chopper seems like he'll be really good on a Y-wing loaded up with free/cheap shit so you can just shed BTL and Guidance Chips and whatever else to get regen as you drift around with TLT, don't know why the fuck they used Dorsal in the example in the article though.

My first instinct on Flight Assist Astro is that it's kinda shit but I'm probably going to be wrong about that. The "no ship in arc at range 1-3" just seems way too restrictive for just a free boost or barrel roll, and seems like it will preclude many of the situations in which I would actually want that boost/barrel roll.

>I really don't think the Maul/Ezra combos will ever really see play since pilot Ezra is only on the shuttles who don't really benefit from the reroll effect

Ezra just has to be somewhere in your list. I'm looking at running Maul on the old Heragator with double tap, and you can take Ezra in the attack shuttle if you want the second crew slot there. Two attacks with TLT means you have a good chance of ditching the reroll stress as well.

He's going to be awful on the ship that he comes with, but then that isn't new, is it?

Do you think that will be better on average than just running Accuracy Corrector or FCS though? I can't say I've ever really seen Ghosts struggling with their rolls in a way that Maul would rectify.

How can I secure one?

I want to use that new astromech on a y-wing with ion cannons and the title

Ok how do I run Scum Nym without him costing 50 points

It is when you run SJ on your Ghosts, as I've taken a liking to with all the TLT around. I guess my comments come from that reality.

>I want to use that new astromech on a y-wing with ion cannons and the title
Yeah it's a huge buff to Rebel BTL Y-wings. How well it will pan out remains to be seen.

How in the fuck are you getting him to 50? He often doesn't want TLT given his ability. With nerfed Genius I think you want to just take normal drop bombs and accept you only get 4 of them.

Captain Nym (45) Scurrg H-6 Bomber (30), Veteran Instincts (1), Extra Munitions (2), Cruise Missiles (3), Autoblaster Turret (2), Seismic Charges (2), Seismic Charges (2), Havoc (0), Guidance Chips (0), Advanced Sensors (3), “Genius” (0)

Should still be a decent ship, but not totally braindead to fly anymore.

Solid utility pack. Rebels get more Regen (and as butthurt people on the forums have noted, another ship which can PRS). I don't think any of the cards are amazeballs, but they're all VERY economical which is ideal in the current rebel situation of many overpriced ships or other cheap parts.

Courier droid seems neat though I'm not sure what I'd use it for.

I feel like you'd want cluster mines to take advantage of his ability no?

BTW, FA Astro is exactly what I wanted out of new astros from FFG. Give it a name for some kind of specialty and give it a nice effect. Not a super great effect, just something neat which makes sense for the name.

And never again speak of R3 Astro.

Depends on which part you want to take advantage of. With Genius you're taking advantage of the immunity to fly right up on their ass, drop a bomb that will go off right away, and then autoblaster them. If you wanted to take advantage of the bomb screen you'd probably also want another bomber like Sol Sixxa or something with minefield mapper to set up your screens and then TLTs to shoot through them. The Genius setup is probably a little easier and more reliable since with cluster screens there's always the possibility your opponent will just barrel through them and luck out on the bomb rolls.

Drone barges are mostly for cheap, uncomplicated transport of bulk commodities.
Emphasis on 'cheap' as they don't need to pay a crew to do basic trucking and if you've got to move a lot of stuff on safe, low risk routes it makes sense to cut the bottom line as low as possible

I personally think Maul is overcosted for what he does. He's literally a Zuckuss that can reroll attack dice. With the stress removal he should be 2pts top.

As for the Astro's. Chopper is actually pretty good if you put him on a Y-Wing loaded with 0 cost cards and Extra Munitions. A Y-Wing with EM, Plasma's, TLT, Bomb-bays, Seismics, Chimps and Title can effectively regen 10 shields total. But then again, the hurt it puts on action economy isn't great.

Courier droids are basically because you want a 0pt Astromech to pair up with Integrated. X-Wings can now effectively take +1 hull for free AND they get to deploy at PS8, which is a little good news for the low PS generics.

Flight Assist is where it's at though. If you maneouver, and you don't have a shot, you get an extra chance to get in arc, or maybe get out of an opponents arc.
This would actually a pretty good Rogue Squadron title card actually.

Oh wait, Courier droids are crew cards. Nevermind.

...well, you could give one to TFA Han Solo, set his PS at 0 and deploy him literally into your opponents deployment zone?

>art features chopper stalking and then murdering the courier droid

I swear I will find a way to break this.

also I hope you like flight assist astro because it's the only t-65 fix you're getting.

>dat pic

Well hello there.

And then he gets three enemy ships sitting directly next to him since they're not under any kind of deployment restrictions?

Howlrunner a cute.

I ship her with pic related.

I would assume they do. In TIE Fighter, you jump from TIEs to gunboats and back again depending on mission profiles. Standardized flight suits make sense for Imperial fighter pilots.

I have seeon one game where my opponent tried to use Han Yolo/TFA han.

I set up my 5 TIE Fighters in a corner ready to go out and joust. He sets up Han range 3 to the side of me, facing towards me.

I think "Ok, whatever" and to the 1/3 hard's needed to rotate my formation. Han eats 10 damage that round, and his wingman Lothal can't get to the fight for another 2 turns. Next round, Han finishes off the TIE figher that he wounded last round, and it's 4 Omegas with WG and Crack shot against a FCS/Autoblaster Lothal. You can guess how that goes.

I wish there was more art of Countess Ryad.

I'm leaning to Dampeners as the illicit, with the battle plan being

- Set up the Z's in a corner to joust, and try to time the engage so that Ketsu hits them in the side as the Z's arrive. Rock placement is a combination of a ball in the center and jousting lanes- Lanes for the Z's initially, and lump for Ketsu in the late game?

that's about as good a plan as I could cook up

/Unless you want to meme it up with that named headhunter that hates having friiends, the illicit blaster turret and lone wolf in the EPT

I literally can't use any pilots besides those I listed, as I packed up a list for repainting and league. I forgot that my office would be closed for Veterans day. I normally pack up small lists, as I go to my LGS from work and I don't want to take a case.

As such, I have a very limited supply of stuff to work with. Namely, that and a pile of illicits.

Would you be able to help me be a little more specific for rock placement for squads?

the statement "if two squads set up to joust, one is wrong" is definitely true here, I'd probably be classifying squads by whether or not I want to joust them.

I'm guessing against jousting lists I want that big lump in the middle so that ketsu can beat them late-game as the Z's will be less useful, and otherwise I want lanes with a rock placed conveniently to the side of where I want to engage (to try to ketsu-beam people onto it)

Am I barking up the right tree?

What meta lists would be stuff that out-jousts me though? I know a Crackswarm, but what else?

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

For some reason, I always pictured Gunboat pilots wearing open face masks like the Legacy era Imperial pilots

>Legacy Era
>TIEs established as having no L/S back then either

Hey all,

I happen to also have a tournament tomorrow and I'm trying to decide which list to fly

It's either

VT-49 Decimator: · Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· Ysanne Isard (4)
Gunner (5)
· Kylo Ren (3)
TIE Advanced: · Darth Vader (29)
Adaptability (Increase) (0)
Proton Rockets (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
-- TOTAL ------- 100p. --

Or

TIE Defender: · Rexler Brath (37)
Expertise (4)
TIE/x7 (-2)
TIE Defender: · Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)
TIE/fo Fighter: · "Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)
-- TOTAL ------- 99p. --

I can see the merit to both, but I'm worried on the lack of agility (especially harpoons) on the Decimator build and just the general fragility of TIEs on the Defender/Omega Leader build.

What do you think is better?

L/S?

Life Support.

Gunboats asleep, post ELITE.

>ELITE.
BEAT

MEAT

AGENTS

Life support. TIE fighters in Legacy were just atmosphereless cockpits back then, too.

That helmet style.
I'm in love...

I always wanted to go in the x-wing and now that lot of people's hype is fading away there are a lot of cheap sellers in my region so I want to build some imperial squadron. what to do? I have no idea what to do or buy or anything about the game.

what is the best FFG SW adventure in your opinion and why?

Bothlists look good. I'd potentially swap ysanne to rebel captive and take Harpoons on Vader, or give Rexler mk2 engines.

Squads are of 2-7 ships, what looks cool for you? If you are buying used, it's not like you have much choice in what you get anyways.

ign.com/articles/2017/11/10/factor-5-president-would-love-to-see-rogue-leader-on-nintendo-switch

>switch
Would be nice if we got a PC release, too, though.

>legacy
>back then
???

plz respond guys

Mask of the Pirate Queen's pretty good

I want to run empire with normal looking TIEs. I dont want any edgy new shits. maybe some interceptors or bombers but I like the regular tie most. can I just run a fucking swarm of normal tie fighters? a guy sells tie fighters for a really cheap price in my local jewbook group. do I need some extra cards and shit that comes with special boxes or whatnot?

It would behoove you to at least have howl runner and some crack shot EPTs, black squadron pilots with crack shot are the evolved tie swarm

But 8 tiefighters is bretty gud

ahaha
what the fuck

>”He mentioned something interesting. Sienar is pursuing new research. He claims what they’re doing on Lianna is the missing piece...a weapon to surpass the TIE Defender.”

Go home Raith, you're sober.