warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Duncans Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=Aymunj-vEbI [Open] [Open]

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/?s=Errata
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1Qe-6j6PeJJjGFstUzW1mz-abQ8t8k4Az2tOshI-j7SY/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qe-6j6PeJJjGFstUzW1mz-abQ8t8k4Az2tOshI-j7SY/edit?usp=sharing
amazon.com/gp/product/B01M28VM9W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B01LX88MBN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So did he ever find Commoragh?

>twitter memes
please no

People talk about commanders but gun drones seem a bit silly too.
8pts for 4 str 5 shots.
BS 5+ unless something nearby has drone controller for +1.
Decent move and survivability too boot

But they can only target the nearest unit, so they are limited by target priority somewhat.

Anyone else here playing or running a campaign?

I've got a map campaign going at my shop. 18 players divided into 6 teams on three planets. Had our first game last week, and we're getting another turn in this weekend.

>Tfw he ends up hanging out with Aun-Shi in Commorragh

Holding off until all codexes are released before running any kind of organized event.

I made this meme like two years ago based on an episode of the boondocks. Profile pics vs real life. Someone here ended up workshopping it to this. This is some sort of twitter meme is it? I'm not much of a tittermans.

>based on an episode of X tv show
Yeah it's a twitter meme

The fact that the Nids(Black Team) are about to suddenly upgrade mid-war will be interesting, but there's not much we can do about it.

I'm on Green Team but we're Marines and Guard, so we already have our books.

2/3

Meant to post this one, so now I'm just putting all

Who's orange? Tau?

I saw the set up you guys had for that, and read the rules. But it seems like it'll take literally a year at one round per week to deal with all those tiles. I'm curious to know how it will end up.

Anyone else staying up late working on stuff?

Here's what I'm working on. Still have some more gubbins and bits to add.

3/3

We've got planetary battlezones to add some flavor, too.

Viridian has low gravity, so all units with FLY get 2" extra movement.

Dovia Prime is tidally locked - the dawn zone is normal. The night side permanently uses Night Fighting rules. The light side gives all models a 1" movement penalty to represent the intense heat.

Chione(pictured) is frigid and mostly ice cap - imposing a -1 morale penalty on all models.

Teams are as follows

Red: Imperial Team 1
Green: Imperial Team 2
Orange: Chaos Team 1
Yellow: Chaos Team 2(With Ork Freebootas)
White: TauDar team
Black: Nids + Genestealer Cults

How big are the teams?

>str 6-9 are theoretically equally effective against toughness 10

Seems silly

2-3 players each. I tested this by running a campaign of Bolt Action over the summer, but it got slowed down a lot by one player or another not showing up. The teams are my solution to that - as long as we have at least one person from each team, the strategic map can progress.

I'm combining a popular Broadside magnetizing conversion, the "HYMP-gun" with an over the shoulder Broadside conversion (pic related). Hopefully when I'm done it'll look kinda like an M202 FLASH.

Post your rules if you don't mind. Might want to so some scaled down thing for a group of friends

I need a chrome one.

Are there any settlements/strongholds/important areas on the planets, places which would attract teams to. Mainly asking because the first thing I think about if fluff reasons for why a team would want to assault places.

Not him, but I bookmarked his link.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Qe-6j6PeJJjGFstUzW1mz-abQ8t8k4Az2tOshI-j7SY/edit

I did some shading on the meltagun of my Knight, and the pistols/chainswords of my Assault Marines, nothing fancy here.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Qe-6j6PeJJjGFstUzW1mz-abQ8t8k4Az2tOshI-j7SY/edit?usp=sharing

These started as a version of the campaign rules for the game Ostfront, tested and adapted into a Bolt Action campaign, and then further adapted into 40k.

I find it adds a LOT to the experience to have a physical map rather than a digital one, especially if you can hang it up in the shop. I made these maps using Donjon Fantasy World Generator and added hexes and the symbols with MS Paint.

Pins used are these two links:
amazon.com/gp/product/B01M28VM9W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

amazon.com/gp/product/B01LX88MBN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We're using round pins for 300 and flag pins for 1500.

Yes - three types of Bases. Webway Portals are bases for Necrons and Aeldari. Jungles are bases for Tyranids. Cities are bases for everyone else. (Orks could have Jungles too I suppose, but we didn't have an Ork-led team around)

>Playing campaigns
>Doing anything interesting with the system
>Not having opponents who want to play the exact same armies in the exact same missions week-in week-out

H-haha what a bunch of losers you guys are. ;_;

Maybe if you spam them in their own units. My numbers show they struggle to push up the efficiency of anti-infantry suit drops to a viable level.

Just working on lists.

Could I get an opinion on this list? I haven't played the game since 5th, so I'm not totally sure how well this would work in practice. I'm not looking to sweep tournaments with it, but I'd like the list to be functional and good enough to win in competitively minded casual games. Pic related is the list in question.

Fellow BT player here. I'd suggest dropping the Flamers in your Crusader squads - you'll rarely be in range to use them, and when you do, you don't want the opponent pulling his first rank off and making you miss your charge.

I'd also suggest swapping the Captain to Chaplain Grimaldus - he makes squads nasty.

Marines love their Elites choices this edition. Apothecaries and Ancients are both great for Crusader squads.

Dang, you've got it all figured out

I fucking love ad mech and wanna start them now that they're not split between two books, but is there anyway to remove the gimp from pic related? One of my favorite models but the guy just makes me feel weird looking at it.

>The fact that the Nids(Black Team) are about to suddenly upgrade mid-war will be interesting
Also fluffy as hell, so that's kinda neat.

But the gimp is the best part.

>That guy in the front

Pic related immediately came to mind.

Cut that nigga out and either fill the space with techy-gubbinz or just leave it empty, that simple really
Also painting it in a colour that sticks out of the rest of the walker's scheme doesnt do you any favours either

No, stop being a faggot and embrace the AdMech freakish cyborg grimdark weirdness.

Tbh I just didn't paint the gimp on mine and he's hardly noticeable. But then again I painted my AdMech in a dark color so he just sorta blends in with the rest of the model.

This isn't my model and I've never seen the kit before so not sure if he comes on it or its a seperate piece.

Alright Veeky Forums got a question for you.

If they made Space Marines have stats that more properly represented how they are in the fluff, how many Guardsmen should they reasonably be able to solo before going down? IE what would be a proper points cost for them, if a Guardsman is 4 points per model. 5 Guardsmen? 10?

Ofc he is a part of the kit but just a drop of cut-fu will sort that out

I do something similar with my ultramarines+blood angels list.

My ultras take the place of your guard as the shooting backbone of the list with the blood angels providing a vanguard detachment of death company to give some melee punch.

Drop everything from your templars. Bolt pistols+ chain swords only. You don't need anything fancy on them, you have enough shooting from your guard to take out hard targets.

You just need a boatload of attacks from the templars to carve their way through hordes of guard/orks/whatever.

Do templars take chaplains? Because they'd be better off with one of those guys than the captain in melee and you'd save some more points.

I'd read it

He does. And as a bonus you get to keep the gimp for conversions.

People really overestimate how great spess mereens are just because some authors write them on a level that they can solo ork armies with their bare fists
A marine can probably take on a few guards by her self but not 10 at a time

Now I have something to pull my Grimnar sleigh :^)

I was hoping for a reasonable answer from someone and not "1 MARINE CAN KILL A WHOLE GUARDSMEN COMPANY" so thank you, that's a good starting point.

So a Marine should not be worth any more than 10 Guardsmen, maximum.

For game balance purposes, it would probably need to be less than that, but it's good to have an upper limit to start with.

He wouldn't be so weird if he didn't have a metal cock in his mouth.

Unless you go full Marinewank they can still die instantly to a Krak missile or KatD volley but can sometimes take a plasma hit or two. W3, WS/BS 2+, A3 and shoots/hits like a Heavy Bolter. Seems familiar, that statline, so around 35ppm as they're slightly worse Sagittarium Custodes from the Heresy and those are pricy.

Makes me realize how stupidly overcosted Breachers are in comparison to pretty much everything else since they pay 47ppm for a worse statline than that.

As for number of Guardsmen you'd need 54 WS4+ S3 attacks to kill that hypothetical plotmarine but he still struggles to kill the 8ish Guardsmen he costs within a reasonable timeframe.

Pretty much this

Remove the gimp altogether for a superior vehicle

A Space Marine would not be able to take down a squad of ten guardsmen with a special and heavy weapon in an open field, but in anything resembling terrain he would probably kill them all with ease.

A Catachan could kill 10 guardsmen, a Space Marine could kill 10 Catachans.

Lol no

>KatD volley
I can't figure out this acronym

Gonna run an army of these now :^)

Interesting.

I'm wondering if it's possible to do this with flavorful special rules instead of just boring raw stats that brute force their way to victory.

Kat von D, duh
Fire tatted women at it until it dies

So the marines need work. What about the guard portion of the list? Things check out fine with that?

it's a good way of starting a discussion about 40K and how imperium doesn't simply equal the good guys.

>But the guy just makes me feel weird looking at it.
That's the point of the Ad Mech. Cyborg body horror. Unless you mean weird in a very different sense.

The AdMech are kind of on their own level even within the Imperium when it comes to doing fucked up shit.

>tfw freeboota ork so I don't have to care about good vs bad, just gubbinz, krumpin' gitz and lootin'
I'll take anyone's teef & shinies

Marines should have 2+. (Terminators would get 1+ since in the lore no amount of lasfire can actually kill them.)

After that, give them the ability to assign wounds when attacking models not in cover, so they can take out the special weapons trooper and the HWT and leave the rest of the guardsmen to get mopped up by whatever.

>tv memes
>muh Twitter normie's den !
Your are the only cancer here, user.

Didn't GW put out a set of rules for 'fluff compliant Marines' a while back?

>guys, wtf is a strangleweb for?!
I have been asking that for 6 years now

This looks rad.

There's Chapter Approved "Movie Marines", but they're 7E. Also, they cost hundreds of points.

Movie marines are shit compared to 7th stuff.

Its like Predator bro, Arnold's guys easily wipe out the insurgents then get dismantled by one super soldier.

Still better than american airline...

Terminator stats

Manlets are getting squatted. Have you put your old manlet army into garbage already?

>Marines should have 2+. (Terminators would get 1+ since in the lore no amount of lasfire can actually kill them.)
They have this when in cover.

>second part
Actually a pretty cool idea, I like that.

How is everything constantly sold out despite this hobby being overcosted in general on top of it being 20% more direct.

Don't rolls of one auto fail for saves?

Also what auto happens? Do you always save on 6s?

>Don't rolls of one auto fail for saves?
Yes, as they should.

>Also what auto happens? Do you always save on 6s?
No.

8th is really popular and GW are trying to upgrade production. They can't keep up with demand. They have the machines, but the local grid can't handle it so they are upgrading that.

I'm just amazed people buy space marines when gw gives them out like happy meal toys. They must be increddibly abundent and cheap on shit like ebay.

>despite this hobby being overcosted in general
Because it's not really that overcosted, that's just your personal opinion as a poor NEET who shouldn't be spending money on warhammer models.

but they are, literally cheapest models to buy ever

>8th is really popular
Really?

I mean I came back because it, but I didn't know it was a thing.

Well apparently it's super huge, there are new guys everyweek in my LGS.

They do, but if you were trying to write "lore marines" would get a special rule. I don't recall any terminator ever being downed by lasfire in the lore. (Of course, bolters would have to have AP.)

People usually don't like buying second hand miniatures. All the better for those who do.

It's insanely mindblowingly popular, GW stock jumped up more than triple around the launch and almost everything has been constantly on-and-off sold out since, all the tournaments are seeing record attendees, the facebook page which is like not even 2 years old has messages and comments in the tens of millions, and all signs point to these things continuing to grow, there's no sign of it stopping.

Actually, I just recenly started up a new manlet army a couple weeks ago out of spite.
>sekrit manlet klub
>no primaris allowed!!1!

A new golden age shines upon us.
Now, if only we could get that female demographic...

I seem to remember Cain taking down a severely wounded chaos terminator with a chainsword.

Creed kills a Chaos termie in Fall of Cadia with a laspistol.

Awesome

It really is. Pretty much everyone from the company knows the production has trouble keeping up. GW has never been stronger, and I've never made a better equity investment.

If even an old man can kill a titan with his walking cane, then why the hell not ?

No thanks, we have enough ugly trolls as is.

Its this bullshit mentality where unpainted piece of plastic with mold lines cost fucking 50 euro is what keeps this world inefficient slowly progressing piece of shit. For same money i can buy piece of silicon so intricate it can make billion operations per second.

This gives me warm fuzzy feeling inside. GW still isnt perfect but its a lot better compared to the rut that was 6th when I jumped in.

You can easily bait geek-wannabe chicks into wargaming just dont scare them with blatant awkwardness.

Are we supposed to gove a shit about your opinion?