Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Cyber_Dentures.knwsft
>Leonization.knwsft
>Fountain_of_Youth.trid
>Phoenixware.txt

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 3590 (59% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'It's awwwwwright!'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Loli_adventures.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Age. How's it affect your runners? What's the average age of your group? Any youngsters? Any geezers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DqdyyxdZ4cQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anchoring for stat requests here.

i made a rigger mage for hong kong using elf glitch, wired reflexes and 4 imbued hermetic fetishes

just about to enter the walled city

I like the shadowrun setting, but I'm not sold on the system (too much crunch for me).
I was thinking of using Interface Zero 2.0 instead, is adding magic to it doable ?

What is the best negative quality and why is it neoteny?
>9 karma
>negligible cost increase
>2 boxes of physical which don't matter since you're not going to shot in the first place
>get to look like a loli

What's your favourite negative quality? Addiction to soykaf and allergy to nuts don't count.

To the guy who had a bunch of people flake, post your contact info, check people out, and either pass it along to the GM or post a Roll20 LFG link.

>Addiction to nuts
That's gay man.

Leave.

Superhuman psychosis :^)

mine is a 30 year old veteran runner who got group up with a bunch of rookie loli runners.

Going to my first Shadowrun LARP tomorrow. Someone on /srg/ asked me to post pics, despite my warnings.

doesn't look bad
post full body shot

Okay, and how are you dressing up for the event?

Kinda hard to do with a selfie, maybe tomorrow

Going as an elf?

Why doesn't a sex change result in essence loss?

If you see Bull, kick him in the datajack.

Convenience and because if it did people would throw too much of a shitfit to be worth it.

This guy gets it.
My outfit isn't that spectacular, it's mostly a flannel shirt, t-shirt, pants, boots, fingerless gloves, a big ol foam hammer I borrowed from my dad, a jacket with bear skulls and a paw painted on it, and a bag containing my power focus. Also made a whole bunch of little charms and fetishes.

Because the writers have a twitter account and know how this would play out.

Legit not bad. Teeth are a nice touch. Might wanna opt for sunglasses if you care more for style than vision

why doesn't any kind of surgery cause essence loss

Maybe some other time, the problem is that I'm so nearsighted that I can't see shit without them. And I'm not that stylish, my character is a weirdo who spent most of his life in the woods and talked to spirits.

Groom your beard for fuck's sake. Besides that, it looks actually legit.

where do you find shadowrun LARPs?

It's the 'Want to play Shadowrun, but the system is terrible' GENERAL. Woooo

I'll do that after the LARP.

This one is it Gothenburg (but set in Seattle), heard about it through a friend of a friend. From what I've seen, basically nobody is going as a human, everyone are orks, elves, trolls and a dwarf or two.

My bear shaman jacket.

"Faraday himself"

You can never have "enough" noise.
Makes it so the GM is even more likely to just handwave Matrix with some NPC instead of annoying the rest of the group with it.

This. I've ran three campaigns, and the third one has rolled on way faster and less painfully than the others, due to the team not having a player-controlled decker.

Or you could just have a decker player who knows what the fuck they are doing. My group has never had a problem with a player decking.

Enjoy rolling to Matrix perceive 50 fucking times just to find one icon.

Still takes awfully lot of rolling and focus on a single player. Magic has a similar problem, but usually magic phenomena are far more tangible in real world than the matrix. Astrally perceiving mages can interact with the party no problem, and if they're projecting, they can manifest. Conversely, the decker just goes limp and disappears as far as the other characters are concerned.

Hey Yekka. In the latest Nightlies, when you add Customized Agility/Strength to a drone limb, it ADDS nuyen (instead of subtracts it) and crashes the program when you select the mod.

This bug has been in Chummer for at least 2 years, it's not due to recent changes (if that helps narrow down the cause).

Eh, if i could have a hand in it, every awakened fucknut except Adepts and MAYBE aspected Spellcasters can go munch on a commlink.

Shadowrun is so much more fun if you don't have those spotlight-hoggers around.

Assmad that cybernetics not top toer, much?

No, assmad that a game about Magic AND Machine turns into fairytail special snowflake shittery straight from a fantasy book.

Runners by definition are snowflakes. Sorry someone is better than you.

>muh powalevel
>everybody is a snowflake

Go fallate CGLs dick even more or better, go back to the D&D general, stupid brainlet.

You're the one throwing a fit because of powerlevels, and because everyone, by definition of having an Edge stat, are snowflakes.
Do you have brain damage or something?

You are the nigger comming up with powerlevels and you lack the basic understanding of what "Special snowflakes" in SR entitles.

You are also obviously and idiot since you need to actively come up with shit nobody said, so please refrain from talking to me, you radiate stupidity.

Why does chummer slow down to molasses when I have a couple cyberlimbs?

Post cute girls

are cute cyborgs okay too ?

But Shadowrun's selling point is the marriage and schism between magic and machine. Why not go play something like cyberpunk 2020 if you don't enjoy spellcasters?

Where's the Chummer Discord link?

Cute little biosam.

Don't know about it, are the rules as messed upo as for shadowrun ?

>shitcord
Please kill yourself.

Obligatory

Are you illiterate?

>The only actually good chat client out there currently
I'm honestly curious what your issue with it is.

what do you need Discord for if you have Veeky Forums?

Faster feedback and ensuring that messages are received. Also, there already IS a Chummer Discord, I just don't have the link anymore.

Goddamn, you are just maximum overmad.

What music do you listen to while creating characters, /srg/?

I've been listening to this and some others by them recently: youtube.com/watch?v=DqdyyxdZ4cQ

If you like chink honeypots.

Even telegram is better.

What actual alternatives are there, then?

Also, you do realize that you literally cannot avoid giving away information, right?

No, are you?

Why doesn't injury cost essence?

Sure you can.

Well, is it actually adding any cyberware or bioware to the system, or is it just fancy surgery?

Why don't dental fillings damage your Essence?

That is a good question, because it should.

How?

IRC.

Then why are you making stuff up?

It shouldn't

Losing essence is about stuffing shit into your Body that doesn't belong there.

>Shaman initiation ordeals
youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY

Nobody is making anything up, someone here is just super pissed about magic.

The injury doesn't belong there either.

Hah.

So bullets, fibers pulled in by bullets, toxins, blades, etc

You can make a point about those costing essence if not removed, but thats not the point being debated.

something missing != something foreign in your Body.

>being so poorly socialized that you're triggered by an entire communications platform

Why don't vaccines cause you to lose essence, then?

But you are.
Or you are exceptionally retarded, idk.

Its not about disliking spellcasters, its about disliking the way the pendulum between Magic and machine shifted.

Same as eating something doesn't cause it either.
Are you autistic or otherwise "special"?

Couple of /srg/s ago an user posted something saying they needed help doing a Post Malone character for shadowrun.

user you still here ?

You don't lose essence from injury because essence is a game abstraction and everyone knows that'd be too shitty to double up on the penalties of injury with an unrecoverable essence drain. That's the only reason. All fluff points towards essence being lost with injury.

Are you?

*You don't use Essence when injured, UNLESS you use the alternate rule in EVERY EDITION that says you do, but which isn't a default because that'd be a fucking massive pain in the dick.

>in every Edition

Where is it in 5e?

So you indeed are, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm not the one who got confrontational over a joke about vaccines causing autism.

Aged 3. 15 extra knowledge skill points, but can't raise my physical attributes above average. Not like I need to if I'm not playing a street sam! And even if I am, augmentations baby!

Anyone played a religious character who wasn't awakened? I feel like no one bothers to even mention affiliation if they aren't using it as a tradition.

>aged 3 WITH neoteny
Lolibabas are fucking great.

Religion is dead.

>All fluff points towards essence being lost with injury.
No it does not.

I think that user phrased it weirdly. At the very least the loss of a limb (even if it is not replaced with chrome) should be a loss of essence (though with a hole remaining).

No, it absolutely shouldn't.

Signature/distinctive style
10/25 Karma for being yourself.

25?

Distinctive style can go up to like 25 cant it?
You basically need to wear a luchador mask at all times to cover it but...

Phobias are fun and add make a concept to a character
Like the fear of wild animals
Fear of workplaces
Fear of fake sentience
Fear of sunshine
Fear of control loss

Too bad that it's -27 karma