Kamigakari Thread

Kamigakari thread: Early edition

And we are back. I know we haven't seen Kamigakari user in a good while. Some of you may never have even seen him, but i'm seeing if i can't get in touch with him. I'll share if that produces any results.

Baseline stuff
mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata
pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed

Google Docs Character sheet (for if you play online)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit#gid=0

Mononoke homebrew Guide, FAQ, And quick rules cheatsheet
pastebin.com/u/HomebrewAnon

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/9RUTurB
pastebin.com/u/HomebrewAnon
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you are looking for a game, Whether as a player or as a GM looking for players, reply to this post. I know we've had a good amount of people looking for games, so i wanna help them out.

There's also the discord Which i'll put in the opening post going forward. Its not technically made by us, but it should help to organize something.

JTTRPG Discord - Look for games in "On-Topic", Not "General"
discord.gg/9RUTurB

So a while back i did a poll one what people thought would be their favorite styles.

Legacy user won by a margin of one vote, followed by dragon carrier and Digital sorceror.

So I wonder, now that its been a month or so, Has your opinion on this changed? Has something you've seen or done changed it? Share the story if so.

Personally, my interest in Time wizard B and Divine talker both went up a fair amount by looking stuff up for people, and confirming what people have said.

Time wizard was always more interesting than i gave it credit

As for divine talker, i'd thought it was wholly a support class until i actually read the skills, and realized its not about supporting others, but buffing yourself to insane heights.

After learning that, i really liked divine talker.

And for those that don't have a good overview of the classes in general, here's this.

legacy user type b can't stop being objectively best style

Hey, i can get behind mecha's too.

But objectively? Come on don't be that guy. Thats just asking for a fight.

Besides, God hand A is the best.

Forgot a picture.

The relentless fist, the unyielding shield, which one shall reign supreme?

I mean, master asia would easily be god hand A/B even without a gundam

Well, yeah. The guy turned himself into a vortex of energy and demolished a shitload of giant evil mechs.

Seriously, how the fuck does one even do that.

Come to think of it, a lot of 2hus would be right at home in this system wouldnt they?

Reading through dark hunter got me pretty interested in its movement options. Going zoom zoom across the battlefield and messin with dudes is super fun

Dark Hunter actually combos with Dark Hunter pretty well.

The biggest issue with using both A and B of a style is that they usually use the same numbers for cost

Just going from the descriptions above, I could see Dark Hunter B / Legion B going full Bobby Fischer in combat, and I'm super OK with that.

With the right combination of shit you could make just about anyone.

Is there a way to inflict shift:fallen on enemies At range

none that i'm aware of at this exact moment.

The best i can think of is the combination of dark hunter A talents that lets you go in, inflict shift fallen, and move out all in one fell swoop.

Shadow breach and shadow Freerun is the combination. It allows you to go in and forcibly inflict Shift:Fallen, and since this doesn't take the prep timing due to freerun, you can move back out. If you throw shadowrun proficiency in, you can make a full move and still make a ranged or magic attack.

I know it isn't what you are looking for, but its the best i got off the top of my head.

How would you guys make a Stand User in this system?

That ones a bit tough. What one of my friends did was use the Cursed Doll ranged weapon as a sorta pseudo stand, But thats about the best i've got.

I think Legion usually uses the range of the weapon in use so you could maybe mix the two together to get a somewhat competent star platinum type stand. For all the special effects and abilities, you'd need to consider different styles. ZA WARUDO would be time wizard A, as an example.

I dunno if there's anything else like the cursed doll throughout the expansions though. you may wanna look into them.

There are a bunch of ways to go about it. But if you're looking for a Star Platinum/The World-style punchghost a Divine Talker A/Time Wizard B with a Familiar as their weapon could do the trick. The divine talker gives you self-buffing/increased magical damage through an oraoraora battlecry, and time wizard allows you to freeze time and manipulate initiatives.

This is also pretty accurate. I'm not terribly familiar with the expansions weapons so familiars might be a good alternative to the cursed doll.

Storytime GM is never ever coming back.

I'm looking for a Kamigakari game.

Are you one of his players or just doomposting?

I would want to join a game, but I'm new to the system so I would like to get to know it before I join someone's game.

Well, the best teacher is experience. Playing is the best way to learn to play.

That said, if there's anything you are finding difficult to understand, please feel free to ask.

>pastebin.com/u/HomebrewAnon
Thanks, I'll probably ask in the thread if there is something I can't figure out. Yeah I've noticed that I learn faster by playing, I just don't want to bother some stranger with a lot of questions.

Just doomposting.

>tfw people recognize it's G Gundam
That aside, I'm working on a thing, and would like some opinions:

Legacy User B (Titan Armor)/Dragon Carrier A Cyborg (Martial), Chose Cyberdive, Accel Function, Regalia of Protection, and Combat Leap.

I'm actually working towards the same thing except i'm going Legacy User B for a third style to get that big robot. I might be missing out on that bonus damage or an extra attack but I need that mecha.

Type B doesn't get damage-dealing fun, but I wanna be a walking shield of destruction, which is why that's my primary.

I'm actually mashing it with Dragon Carrier B for all those crazy mad defensive boosts, a bit of damage mitigation from Cyborg and Artificial Regalia and [Guard]. Combine that with a preferred flavor of mecha and that's a winning hand.

Shucks, I mis-parsed your comment, but man, that'd be some real fun. Hope you enjoy it in your campaign!

I'm a player looking for a game. Already played some Kamigakari before, but looking to scratch that anime-as-fuck itch.

>Ready, Go!

Lets be honest here, even if i hadn't assumed you were talking G-gundam, that filename woulda given it away.

aight, true

BUT IT MAKES ME HAPPY OTHER PEOPLE KNOW MECHA OK

That's a pretty girl, sauce?

honestly, mecha isn't really my jam. Too much pilot wank, for what little they actually contribute.

G-gundam fixes that problem by making the pilots themselves capable of some stupidly crazy shit, and having the system inside be a motion-capture thing makes that way more important.

Not to mention master asia being able to take down gundams with a piece of cloth.

How else would you design an interesting fight?
>On top of moving vehicles on the highway
>On top of a building during a storm
>In a burning building that's falling apart

So, i just came by this thread and am currently reading the rulebook.
But if i am not wrong, wouldn't the"on top of moving veichles" be kinda moot if you're inside a Divine barrier (i think they were called that, do correct me if wrong)?

nvm, just looked, called Spirit barrier.

Spirit barrier, and not necessarily. Innocents can function in spirit barriers given the correct circumstance, and a godhunter may be driving said vehicle.

If you need to get something dangerous from Point A to point B, the best way to do it is in a moving pocket dimension.

Take a page outta No more heroes 2's book and have a boss that creates earthquakes that make randomized obstacles.

I'd like to preface what i am about to say with that i am not trying to be a party pooper, but just trying to understand the system.
While ending the barrier does not seem to reset you to your starting position (which seems like it can be abused for teleporting against the poor innocents), it does seem to have a max radius of 500m, can't do too much chasing in that distance.
Is there something i am missing since you seem to infer being able to travel a long distance inside the pocket?

A barrier is centered on the person creating it. If the person creating it is moving, then so does the barrier.

Might be a mistranslation, but the PDF says that: "Spirit Barriers are erected in a variety of forms, based on the creator’s Spirit Crest. For instance, if an Awakened wanted to capture and isolate someone, they would need just erect their barrier in a sphere with themselves as the center."
This seems to imply there's other ways to set up a barrier than centered on the one creating it.
I can't find anywhere they say that the barrier will always be centered on the one creating it when moving, rather, to me it seems like it's supposed to be stationary when going of this: "Put simply, a Spirit Barrier is a technique or natural ability, wherein the user’s spirit barrier becomes a camera that photographs a space, places the user inside of that “photograph, and then allows them to act within it."
They also mention that corpses and spirit bodies will be preserved and brought to the place used as a basis for the Spirit Barrier.

Ofcourse i am not trying to say you're having badwrongfun, you do you, just trying to figure out if there's some line i missed somewhere.

Oh i know. And thats fine. the translation is wonky in places.

That said, the default spirit barrier form is generally centered on the person creating it. We see this through the hammerspace that people use for their inventory. They can of course alter the spirit barrier pretty much at will. The exception to this is if someone with a stronger shard comes around, then their spirit barrier takes precedence, Which is why it can be used to capture things.

Still, the idea of having a car chase or a fight on a moving vehicle works under five separate assumptions.
>The enemy has the strongest spirit barrier and keeps it centered on themselves
>The enemy somehow ignores spirit barriers and forces a fight in the regular world
>The godhunters keep it around themselves while moving to prevent innocents from being harmed by anything that happens
>The enemies spirit barrier in some way messes with your senses, making you want to race or capture them
>you are fighting on a train for some reason

There's a lot of situations in which you can justify it. More so because the fluff is very bendable.

First, it'd like to say this seems like it could be abused for quote on quote "teleporting", which i am not sure i like.
I'd argue that a Spirit barrier would need to be stationary after being set up.
Does it mention anywhere that it stays on the one who created it (or currently control it) after creation?

Also on a seperate, topic, i wondered this when i read it, but it does not seem very usefull for "capturing" anything as a godhunter, from the rules the Amaritama should be able to take control and then close the barrier, no?

>First, it'd like to say this seems like it could be abused for quote on quote "teleporting", which i am not sure i like.

To be fair, if a spirit barrier moves, you can just say that it would drop you where you are at the end of it, rather than where you started with it. Also, there are methods of teleportation anyways, so its sorta moot. Heck, scion gets one straight up with Scions advent.

So far as where it says it, most of it can be assumed from the latent traits section which says
>Unique Effect. When you gain «Spirit Barrier», your [Stored] and [Equipped] [Items] and [Gold] can be kept continually hidden. Also, when you declare «Spirit Barrier», or when you are declared as a target of another «Spirit Barrier», your [Stored] [Items] can be freely [Equipped]

And in the Terms part of the world section
>Spirit Barrier - A characteristic ability of that creates and then transitions them
into a mirror world that is separated from time. This can be deployed and controlled on a small
scale, allowing the storage and concealment of Fool’s Gold and items within.

So since this storage follows you, your spirit barrier is almost always active and following you. Uses of it outside of making a barrier and using it for an inventory are more niche, but nothing says they are impossible. Mononoke as an example fuse their spirit barriers with leylines, and create sanctified places.

>from the rules the Amaritama should be able to take control and then close the barrier, no?

Most aramitama aren't smart enough for this and the ones that are are hell bent on destruction anyways. there's no reason for them to capture anyone.

eh, i could argue that it's different since you're not INSIDE the barrier itself, but that's starting to sound pedantic.
Guess i'll take it as one of those "go with the flow" things of the system.

But on the point that the scions can get an early teleport as an ability is a bit irrelevant in my mind.
I am not against the idea of teleporting at low levels, i am against the fact that i seems like something a smart (or asshole, depending on how you see it) player would try and get the most out of, for no cost.
Admittedly, the point of a game is for everyone to have fun, so hopefully noone would try that, but eh, leaves a wierd taste in my mouth.

To my understanding some Amaritama could be quite smart though.
I could easily see a smart Amaritama keep on taking control of the barrier, break it, and then start running to hell and back when the fight ain't worth it.
Sure, not all of them might, but some would, and i were i hoping for a clarification.

So far as the barriers for capture go, they can. Most won't, but they can. Assuming theirs is strong enough anyways.

Still, the "Teleporting" thing is easily rectified by just saying wherever they stop is where they are. No teleporting back to the beginning, you are where you are.

Well, back to the beginning would SOLVE the teleportation, I don't think you can take stuff with you from inside the barrier, since it's a copy, otherwise you'd be able to create stuff from nothing.

While i really like alot of the fluff from this system and what it facilitates, it seems like you need a big spoonfull of "don't think about it" to play this proper.

heh, you can even use the Spiritual barrier to cheat on tests if you're playing a guy still in school.

Either way, i am rambling at this point, feel free to stop answering me at this, and thanks for some of the insight.

wait wait wait. What do you mean back to the beginning solves the teleportation issue? What?

Also, you can bring whatever you want into a spirit barrier. So a car would be okay, as an example. Contractors bring in motorcycles and shit.

I mean that if everyone starts inside the barrier at point A, then during combat, the fight moves a few hundred meters, now everyone is somewhere else, let's call this point B.
Now, there's 2 different outcomes:
1. When the barrier ends everyone stand at point B in the real world, this due to time standing pretty much still, would result in something akin to a teleport.
or 2. when the barrier ends everyone are now back to point A, meaning that no movement has found place and no distance has been traveled
No. 2 is what makes the most sense to me, as it would stop any wierd "teleporting"

Also, i am not concerned with what they take in, but when they create the barrier, they make a "copy" of everything around them to make up the inside of the barrier, no?
All i am saying is i assume they can't bring out, let's say, a camera on some desk, and now be the proud owner of a new (copied) camera.

For the first thing, while i agree they will move in next to no time in the real world, they still need to walk from point A to Point B. I wouldn't really consider that teleporting, and almost everything in the standard episode happens in a spirit barrier of some sort anyways. Thats one of those things where thinking about it too hard just takes the fun out of it. Plus, there's next to no ramifications for it anyways, so worrying about it is sorta pointless.

So far as grabbing something in a spirit barrier, you'd be more or less correct. You cannot take anything that doesn't actually exist out of a spirit barrier, to my knowledge. If you can, it probably came from the regular world.

Rather, the longer you stay in a spirit barrier, the worse its effects are on you. Even staying in for an hour ages a godhunter by a decade, even if temporarily.

So there are ramifications for abusing spirit barriers.

Hence my comment earlier about the big spoonfull of "don't think about it".

Although while not techniqually, it is effectively teleporting when used against innocents.

When i play i'll prob go with the "you go back to point A" simply because if they're hanging with some innocents and a Amaritama opens a barrier, they don't have to explain how they suddenly dissappeared once the fight was over.
To me it seems like it solves a lot of potential issues with only a few downsides.

While i get that, short distance teleporting can also have some pretty neat advantages, and if during play i were interacting with some innocents, i could think of a few ways to abuse it.
Not that i'd do it, but you know.

I'd say you are thinking on it a bit too hard. but more power to you.

So, other than when peeps like me shit up the thread, how much trafic does these generals usually get?

It varies from week to week. It tends towards the slower side, but occasionally things will pick up.

How suited is the system for oneshots? My 5e campaign is wrapping up and I want to try something new before starting up the next arc

I think the game plays well for one-shots, kinda like most japanese TTRPGs. The players should at least read the rules beforehand, and come to the table with a "I wanna play an X with Y thing, based on/with the concept of Z"

>How suited is the system for oneshots?

Arguably, its built for them.

Should i just put "japan schedules suck" or something in the op?

maybe, that could tell them

>not astray red frame

>maybe, that could tell them

was this a complete thought, or am i missing something?

Don't die overnight.

On top of a burning building during a storm while vehicles race around you.

post stupid thick or oversized swords

>swords
>posts guns

You wot m8

Decepticons

Why twice?

You've got a fair portion of the art thats been shared in this thread, don'tya?

>goddess mode
>All you need to do is make a contract with a magical bunny-cat-thing despite the warnings of your time looping lesbian stalker thats relived this shit hundreds of times over like she's furude rika.

I've both dumped gobs of images in past Kamigakari Threads and downloaded a bunch of images from them.

They've been a good source of inspiration and character art of varying sorts that I don't have much of.

being meguca is suffering

Fair enough. in the spirit of that, i'm taking that image.

Especially since her lesbian stalker turns into a devil and does a better job running shit than she does.

and I'm taking that one.

>post stupid thick or oversized swords

I don't have any of that, but have this.

have some more.

Anyway goodnight.
I look forward too seeing what is in this thread tomorrow.

Have a nice day.