/L5RG/

L5R / Legend of the Five Rings General

Waifu posting edition

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE RPG (OLD AND NEW)

Rulebooks:
ME GA[New Zeland]/#F!EuB3yRRI!FjYeEU2FdqzIZ6cM1dKoHA

The FF Beta:
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/dc/2f/dc2f92bb-bfd2-4f12-99eb-1d084491de65/l5r00_beta_rulebook.pdf

Latest Beta Update:
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/99/6e/996e894d-b3d4-44e8-810e-d1824b82fd18/l5r00_beta_updates_v20.pdf

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE FF LCG

Tabletop Simulator Mod - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099785017

Ringteki (Browser based game client) - mahois.fun/

Card Database / Deck Builder - fiveringsdb.com/

TTS Deck Converter - infamous-irc.com/dengeki/l5r-deck-generator/

>Veeky Forums L5R Discord
discord.gg/CJfVQ7B

>Clan Allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/14339259

This Paste: pastebin.com/0JF6Acgv

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/mdy1R
youtu.be/T9jxVbg_RWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best waifu

>supporting ffg

Yes yes we know that the nu5r rpg sucks.

>nu5r rpg sucks

It is actually pretty okay. The only problem is that the head developer is a woman trying to write a system for an overwhelmingly male player base.

OP needs to be changed. Ringteki is at jigoku.online now.

>It is actually pretty okay
but will it be better than 4e? Because that's the true test.

More like the LCG is awful like all LCGs.

we're off to a rollicking start, might as well keep it going.

Spider when?

It won't be, because the head developer is a woman so the project is doomed, but the homebrew revisions are going to be awesome.

I feel like the systems are different enough that it'll be hard to compare them. You can a much more narrative focused game out of nu5r but it lacks the tension that 4e can produce so well.

1e pre-coup era or bust.

It uses shitty snowflake dice so even 2e is better.

okay kike nosewater

imgur.com/a/mdy1R

no crab?

Where's card #23?

Looks like its missing 6 cards

>Bayushi Yojiro
>No Courtier Trait

The character has always been stated as a Bayushi Courtier. Get it together FFG. He should have been a courtier with his numbers reversed.

wth is Kiho keyword?

>Shinjo Saddle. 1 cost for a +1 Mil attachment.
Welp. It's official. FFG hates Unicorn.

Mechanically nothing. In setting its type of mystical combat thing that monks and some shugenja do.

The only Kiho in the game at the moment is Mantra of Fire.

Presumably there will be more in the future.

Did anyone have a good anydice script for roll to keep, explding dice and rerolling 1s?

I know its possible because I wrote one up weeks ago that worked really well, unfortunately I'm a moron and it got wiped.

thats movable and can theoretically stay in play as long as you have a cavalry character with a fate on it. FFG DOES hate unicorn, but that proof comes from the other card, not the saddle.

He's been promoted to Magistrate.

>Kakita Blade
>Policy Debate

Looks like it's Crane/Lion Bushi duelling.

Also you can use it in two conflicts a turn as you can move it even if it is bowed and it still provides its bonus when bowed.

The saddle is absolutely garbage. That is not worth a card and a fate.

I guess what user said in the other thread about Unicorn not getting any better in this cycle or the next is true.

Attachments don't bow as a part of conflict resolution. But, yes, you can have the saddle on char A, use char A in a conflict, move the saddle to char B, and use char B in a conflict and effectively get double use out of it.

I think the saddle has potential. The issue it has is the vulnerability it has to void. But if you can ensure you keep a cav character each round then you can continue to stack up eternal attachments and that absolutely isn't nothing. A saddle played on round 1 can add +1 mil to 10 total conflicts in a 5 round game.

Just wait for the J.

There is no potential, +1 power isn't worth it.

You're a trash player if you think +1 isn't enough to change situations.

It's an incremental advantage card.

>absolutely garbage
that would be tadaji. the saddle isn't amazing, but its usable.

It's only +1 but it's moveable and can stick around onto any Cavalry character and with the right fate management for characters almost indefinitely in theory.

Not really, it's an easily ignoreable pump. Spyglass is incremental card advantage. Saddle is constant irrelevancy.

Good to see that the old Veeky Forums adage of Veeky Forums being shit at games continues.

I mean, who cares about the favor? It's only +1.

>Shrine Maiden
>Monk

Is priest not an actual trait yet or something?

ok guy, enjoy your worthless +1, other people have real cards to play

Nope. The closest would be Shugenja, but I guess they don't want the Shrine Maiden meeting the requirement for attaching spells.

Man that fucking Lighthouse.

Ya it is fucking awful.

Guess I might as well put all my non Lion cards in storage.

I think it's more that the card is intentionally designed for being splashed in Dragon as the card pool expands.

Control over your opponents dynasty draws is a pretty good thing. It's not what Phoenix needs right now, what they need is actual decent personalities filling out the low and mid-sections of their cost curve, but it's a good card.

Please show
>Two neutral provinces (riot in the streets)
>Crane/Dragon dynasty card
>Neutral dynasty
>Pathfinder blade
>Crab/Crane conflict

Hope I saw the correct card numbers, shitty eyesight

You only get to control the top card they draw.

And remove the possibility of two cards, barring them shuffling.

The missing cards are:

>#21 Frostbitten Crossing
>#22 Riot in the Streets
>#23 ???
>#30 Miwaku Kabe
>#31 Raise the Alarm
>#32 Pathfinder's Blade

#23 is either a third province, a crab dynasty card, or a crane dynasty card. Probably a crab card.

#31 and #32 are mixed up, the Blade is 31 and the Alarm is 32. Misread the list.

How is it awful? You can either discard or bottom your opponent's best card, repeat the same for their next best card and leave the least conditional or threatening card on top. If you're at the state where both of you are just bidding 1 you're going to be stronger if you have a better board state as they now have to decide whether to bid higher and take the honor hit to dig deeper or not.

>Kabuki Hero
>Actor
>ACTOR

What use could this trait possibly be? ¯\(°_o)/¯

Right at least 50% of the people here are terrible at this game

Potentially combined with the Phoenix player having draw from a Library or playing Shrine Maidens from hand, which increases the bid pressure.

>Kabuki Hero is an Actor
>Shosuro Actress isn't
0/10 see me after class FFG.

>Bully
>BULLY
Why does every keyword need a use?

It's weird that shosuro actress doesn't have it too

Well it's just weird that Shosuro Actress isn't one but this one is.

What is her nickname lol

If you attach Sahimono to LPB and declare two conflicts with her as an attacker, can you use her bowing action the second time?

the 8 leged beast.

No, her use of her action is spent.

All triggered abilities (actions, reactions and interrupts) are once per round unless otherwise noted.

So, no.

how is new l5r comparing to old l5r. I stoped playing around lotus start.

No.

And Sashimono is overpriced trash.

It is a dumpster fire. Avoid it entirely.

does it have mantis?

Nope.
Only the core 7.

new5r is exceedingly better than old5r

Yes (they are releasing update pdfs as they go), but it's lacking a Mantis school.

Players hardly even effect the story.
They are not doing promos based on the events of local tournaments or anything.

Early 90s L5R was the only true L5R and it ended at Gencon with the day of thunder. Anything after that is a shitty copy.

Players heavily affecting the story was the worst part of L5R for everyone who wasn't one of those few players. Too many tards.

Anyone effected the story back in the first release.
Entire clans changed on the events of a single random game at a shop that the writers thought sounded cool.

Once they copped out on ending the game after the Day of Thunder it all went to shit.

Thanks

plus the bounties were sick. you could really get nice stuff by corrupting or saving someone. I miss the days of my manti deck going naval guerrilla tactic of my 13/4 orochi that had the clan champion attached to it as a 3g follower. good times.

New5r is better in every possible way

players affecting l5r is cool in premise, and contains some neat stories, but for actually telling a coherent and moderately passable narrative, its a fucking horrible idea. Yes the dumb thing that happened was because we, the players, made it happen, that doesn't make it less fucking stupid.

It isn't better and it isn't worse. It's an interesting, enjoyable, game that has glaring issues. The abilities of cards are poorly written, designers seem to ignore playtester input, and there's clear bias towards some of the clans over others.

That said the game is a lot of fun and is definitely worth getting into. Hopefully the problems will be fixed before too long.

Can anyone post the worlds winning lion deck list? :3

how much better then the phoenix and crane are. Is the bzz and 40 honor win turn 2, still a thing?

Crane's doing fantastic. I don't think they can win by honor turn 2 but they're very solid.

Phoenix has been alright. They're competitive but they've been missing a few pieces. However, it looks like the new dynasty packs are going to give them those missing pieces.

That dude at Gencon 1997 who revoked his clan and went Shadowlands at the final 4 tables for the bounty was amazing.

Nothing in gaming will ever come close to 1995-1997 L5R.
Gencon 1997 and the Day of Thunder tournament is still the single greatest event in gaming I have ever seen.

Naga players facing off with each other and inventing a new win condition for their match as the lore did not fit them fighting.

Mantis becoming a great clan from their top player offering a his head (a surrender) to the great clans.

It was chaos and joy in it's purest form. Modern gaming can never capture the magic that L5R was. The current L5R is like a sad shadow puppet show compared to the days of old.

Honor/Dishonor bombing is not a thing as of the moment. In New5r you win at 25 honor and your opponents lose at 0 honor. You're never going to honor bomb for like 20 or so in the game.

that feel when rich destroyed the script for 1kyd after the last shadowlands player droped out. Strong stuff.

up until the ninja stuff and toturi getting rekidnaped was ok. Then it was just good episodes. Then just cool quotes. And after some time it just plain sucked.

Burning the scripts was epic shit. The final players fucking the entire story be declaring the winning will die in honor defeating Fu Leng and the loser will be emperor was great.

New L5R will never create stories like these. Crane V Lion was even the final match at worlds and all we got was a meme about slow play.

I still have hope they are taking it slow with the player choices to set the ground and we get more as FFG gets a handle on things.

I hope they're more structured this time. Random bullshit pulled out of a player's ass can be cool, but it's more likely to just be stupid.

They won't ever be good. FFGOP is split over a ton of games right now and X-Wing gets all the money.

L5R will likely get a little focus for the next year or so then just fade into the background for the next LCG like Netrunner did.

All we are getting now is marketing hype, once the game gets past the first swell they will rip all the money away from it and we will have nothing but a poorly supported and designed LCG like the others.

You run, I die.

I am the 20 strongest.

Bad death of Hida Amoro part3

I may not be the best with the blade or swiftest on a horse, but I have seen the face of death and I wear it always.

Still remember the flavors of so many cards.

New L5R is a flavorless corpse of a game.
It makes a mockery of the traditions. They even removed the Banzai chant!

Grogs gonna grog.

I am sorry you liked corporate fucked gaming as a service shit. I have never heard a young gamer tell stories like those of older gamers.
Just listen to this guy: youtu.be/T9jxVbg_RWQ

Ever hear of a 00s-10s gamer with such rich and amazing stories? Games died with the 90s.

No this is the only competitive FFG games that they don't pay royalties on. They have a huge chance of making a lot of money from this game.

Lmfao what is your life that you are even here on this board right now then!?

I'm sorry to tell you this, but the original was corporate too. It was there to make money off of you.

Still does not bring in the kind of money that X-Wing does. X-Wing brings in more than all the LCGs combined. That is not even counting the other Star Wars mini games.

Trust me they will do the same thing they have done for Thrones, Netrunner, Star Wars, Thrones 2.0. Year of hype marketing hidden as OP support. Then let the game rot.

Small gaming company and FFG / Hasbro level corporate are nowhere near the same thing.

That is like comparing a mom and pop shop to walmart.

X-wing has peaked and is slowly fading away as more and more people get alienated by its bloat.

2.0 needs to happen soon.

I still play RPGs. running a really good game of Exalted right now in fact.