Tau?

Tau?

Tau

Depends.

Deus Tau

01001001 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100111 01101111 01110100 00100000 01110011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00100000 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01110100 01101001 01100011 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101

You think they see a 2 sometimes when they have nightmares?

>mfw the Tau are going to be nerfed even harder when the codex comes out

It's not fair

Maybe

That’s impossible, there’s no such thing as 2!

You're a big Xeno.

for you

2 is nothing. Try -1.

Either those marines are 10 feet tall, or the Tau are literal sub 5' manlets

To my knowledge they're the physically weakest race, which is why they're all...
Long range

Do Tau bleed red?

>joyreactor

No.

Oh look, they've started cloning cowards.

>Kriegers
>Cowards
They are the guardsmen that are deployed with commissars to hold them back from charging the enemy, no matter the odds, to die for the Emperor.

>not using balanced ternary

101T0 110TT 11TT1 1110T 011TT 11TT1 111T0 11T1T 011TT 11111 11010 11100 1TT0T 011TT 111T1 11010 11001 11T1T 011TT 1100T 110T0 1101T 11T01 011TT 11010 11T10 011TT 11T10 11100 11T00 1100T 110T0 1101T 11T11 011TT 11011 11000 11T1T 11T0T 1T100

Standard human strength 3, standard Tau strength 3. Literally no fluff to back that up.
Fluff has always stated Tau saw wasting blood to hold meaningless ground as retarded thus prefer to engage/ambush then pull back when shit goes wrong. Thus train for long range shooting and not CQC.
Farsight having seen a lot of fighting came to the conclusion that not preparing enough for CQC is stupid thus his troops do. But Tau empire tactics still revolve round getting the fuck out of dodge at the right time, not shiving your way to glory.

Boardgame strength stats reflect magnitudes of strength. Strength 3 roughly reflects "human level" strength, from a average joe to athlete. Strength 4 and above are all varying degrees above that from Olympian to super human.

Plenty of fluff implies a Fire Caste warrior is bodily weaker than humans. They're shorter, have slower reflexes, their homeworld has lower gravity and the species has all but abandoned CQC because it doesn't favor them.

Remind me what their LD is?

Tau disdain close combat on the field because they have trouble adjusting their sight to sudden movements and struggle to focus, so they're better suited to long range, plus slower reflexes. It was in the old index astartes from when they came out.

On top of that they rely more on planning before hand than improvising so obviously a pre planned firing solution is more effective for them than a brawl. Still, close combat is a part of their culture as Aun'Shi and other ethereals prove, and Aun'Shi's old blurb specifically compared him to Shas'vre, so they still train even when they get promoted to fight in a battlesuit.

The abundance of -1 to hit and how easy it is to access makes me salty.

Markerlights you say? lol hitting on 5s, oh they're eldar so more -1 to hit. Lol hitting on 6's

So last thing I've heard about them is that Shadowsun is the defacto ruler of the empire isn't she?

wouldn't the ethreal council step in right away after they found a way to to give the news about Aun'va death

>They're shorter, have slower reflexes, their homeworld has lower gravity
Source? Haven't read all the BL stuff but never came across any of that

>have trouble adjusting their sight to sudden movements and struggle to focus
Source? seriously? Can't focus their eyes but can shoot long range? are you fucking kidding me?

> they still train even when they get promoted
yes, but still minimal training, Farsight preferred even more so, given his experiences with Orks who love CQC. Etherials practice ritualized blade work, and Aun'Shi's outpaces a Shas'vre easily (WS 2 vs WS 5).

Scream a lot.

Shadowsun might be the defacto leader of the Fire Caste, that's it. She'd still bow down to Ethereal control, and they've already said the Empire is currently purporting the lie that Aun'va never died to keep every little Tau happy. So I'm pretty sure everything is running as usual for the Tau.

I already said it's index astartes stuff, it's old and maybe I'm remembering something wrong or I translated something the wrong way since I read it in my language at the time, but even then we're talking about a setting where stronger gravity makes you huge and eating brains make you absorb memories and skills .

At the time when the codex came out shas'vre had WS3, which was on par with trained humans (and SM scouts) while a shas'o was WS4, making him space marine-tier.

>shas'vre had WS3, which was on par with trained humans (and SM scouts) while a shas'o was WS4, making him space marine-tier

I don't have my 3rd ed. Tau'dex on me but I'm pretty sure your wrong on all accounts there. Shas'el were lesser commanders with WS4 (later they were just removed from the codex, probably so there would be no confusion on the table top since there was no way to differentiate a Shas'O from a Shas'el), Shas'O had WS5. Shas'vre were better crisis suits in that they had better LD, and more wargear options, but otherwise were the same as regular crisis suit pilots (and thus usually not even worth the upgrade).

There is no room for "2" in the world of 1's and 0's, no place for "mayhap" in a house of trues and falses, and no "green with envy" in a black-and-white world.

I just checked the first tau codex that came out and the one that came after that, so either 3rd/4th/5th, whatever. Stats for shas'o, shas'el and shas'vre didn't change.

You're confusing WS with BS, shas'o had 5 and shas'el 4, while they had one less in WS so 4 and 3 respectively.

Your right, BS mix up. Shas'vre were still bottom tier shit for WS though. Moderate/good WS was pretty much locked into HQ's only since GW designed Tau to not be a CC army, the exception being Kroot merc's.

You try fighting with binoculars over your eyes, and tell me how it goes.

This image gave me a boner.

I rather like the Eldar, thematically.

I guess i don't understand why so many hate Tau for being Eastern inspired when almost everything in the imperium has a direct correlation to something

Because the orientals are even more like inhuman insects than the Tyranids.

Because the Imperium is human so it makes at least some sense. A race of alien weeaboos with a hardon for East Asian culture doesn’t.

What if it's not that the Tau are East Asian, but that East Asians are what you get when a human and a tau get freaky

But the sm are Roman, guard a mix of ww2 European and US army.
I mean, Jesus H.

Aye.

The Romans, Europe, and the US are all human.
Orientals aren't.

...have a subrace focused on fighting that without implants is completely overshadowed by catachans and stormtroopers.

Never mind the fact that humanities subrace focused on combat is the Astartes, not the catachans or stormtroopers.

Tau are standins for what humans were 38ish thousand years ago (y'know, us)

Unless you're aunshi in which case somehow you can slaughter orks in melee

Yes

Emperor's pelvic support, those pauldrons...

That's Aun'shi at the front.

Those Marines are fucked.

no, is blu

they bleed red tho

>they have trouble adjusting their sight to sudden movements and struggle to focus, so they're better suited to long range, plus slower reflexes.
That makes zero fucking sense.

My Tau

very nice
don't forget to highlight the green

>It's not a phase dad! This music is WHO I AM!

Bully the little blue men all you like.

Marines are about 12' and the typical tau is 5'5". This pick is pretty spot on.

Pretty sure that is all in the earlier edition codexes.

>every single video I've seen since 8th ed came out has shown the Tau getting thoroughly stomped by fucking everything
Are they just shit now or is everyone on youtube a retard

Has anything been all around nerfed by their codex?

Feels like the index was a blanket nerf and everything got buffed after.

Also I fucking hope not, tau look cool would start an army.

If tau are so bad at melee why do they bother with sword, should just hit them with guns and pistols.

More like:

Are Tau good guys?

Nope.

That would be the...
>interex
>Illuminati
>and possibly the harlequins and maybe a necron or two.

Farsight maybe. But he needs to team up with the emperor.

The emperor is dead nigga

Necrons seriously might be the only good guys.

'No.'

About as dead as lord Kroak

It takes a special kind of setting to have the space robot skeletons be the most moral.

It’s probably because necrons either are curious, or are honorable. So you are either studied or made an honorable guest until your duel.

And then there are the crazy ones, but we don’t talk about them.

Not really.
Marines are usually around 6' or a bit more.

>Interex
they may as well be much evil than they look. I mean, the entire lore on them is a shitty 20 pages whose only reason was to advance Horus's story.

It's not

The only sword in the codex is on Farsight, no Tau actually carry swords, squad leaders only carry ceremonial knifes not intended for combat use.

No, they just set other species into pseudo slave labor for them instead of just exterminating everyone like the Imperium.

6' lol no, Marines are 7-8' if not larger

>6' lol no, Marines are 7-8' if not larger
You're right. I made my meters to feet calculations wrong.

Manlet marines confirmed shorter than Cadians.

Even some humans are taller than primarchs.

Tau are literally the worst 40k race

Based space egyptian zombie robots

The Tau could learn a thing or two from my main nigga Aun'shi.

GW's fat wallet would disagree with you

pretty sure they're the worst sellers

who is?

If I had to guess, probably Sisters.Not even a taufag but they get updated constantly for a reason - someone's buying them. Sisters don't even get codices anymore.

Lets see, Tau, the newest faction to 40k had their troops plastic kit redone, crisis suit plastic kits redone, pathfinders/crisis comander turned to plastic, got big new toys ala Stormsurge/ghostkeel.

Meanwhile you have factions like the Orks, Chaos and Eldar who's troops kit is older then the Tau model line. Eldar elite's are still mostly stuck in fucking fine cast.

Look at the books too, Tau have been pretty good on the updates for their codex. They got their 2nd one way ahead of many of the other races, while Orks/Necrons had to sit for like nearly a decade for a new book. Fuck, Tau even got a 2 part giant campaign book.

So you tell me? does it sound like Tau have gotten the back end of support for GW? They arn't space marines, but they arn't unpopular either.

Hell, some of the Ork kits are old enough to post here.

>Lets see, Tau, the newest faction to 40k had their troops plastic kit redone, crisis suit plastic kits redone, pathfinders/crisis comander turned to plastic, got big new toys ala Stormsurge/ghostkeel.

I'm betting that within 2 years, the Tau will have dedicated melee battlesuits with Gundam style beam sabers. There already is such a weapon in one of the 7th edition supplements, if I remember correctly.

Necrons
>live forever
>masters of science
>never take casualties
>never fall to chaos or genestealering
>beat an entire race of gods
>beat another race of gods
>robot superbodies

10/10 would wife a Phaerakh

>Necrons

>based hobbyists collecting armies of 1:1 scale original participants of major battles.

Necrons are basically hellsing abridged’s Alucard.

>some humans are taller than primarchs
wat

Alpharus is about the size of a tall space marine.
Space marines are about 7-8 feet

The tallest man was 8 feet 11 inches.

A man is taller than alpharius.

But alpharius is small for a reason so it don’t matter.

A Primarch is 20' tall brosky.

Not alpharius, he’s about the size of a tall space marine.

It’s why he can hide in with space marines.

>20 feet tall

I’d like to see a source on that

>less than half the size of all his other brothers
no wonder he turned traitor, shit. Poor Manlet Marine

Nah, alpharus is cool with it.

Being the CIA is his whole sthick.

ah shit, tallest one is 20ish but
-Leman Russ: 14ft (stated to be 1.75*an astartes in every physical dimension)
-Horus: 15ft (just a rough guess based on official art depicting him in excess of twice the height of an astartes)
-Sanguinius: 13 feet (shown in official art to be shorter than Horus)
-Magnus the Red: height varies due to sheer psychic power of biology. In general 9-10ft when trying to be unintimidating. 18-20ft normally. Both he and Russ literally grew to Warlord Titan size when they got serious in thier fight.
-Angron: 12ft (shown to be shorter than his brothers but far thicker in musculature)
-Fulgrim: 12ft (same as Angron but not nearly as thick)
-Ferrus Manus: 14ft (shown to be taller than most primarchs like Russ)