warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Duncans Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=04fqKt-cB3I

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/?s=Errata
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NEfxaqol880
youtube.com/watch?v=tvYfcD_yxew
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Aaron_Dembski-Bowden
frontlinegaming.org/2017/11/04/40k-8th-ed-codex-review-tyranids-part-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for nothing

Age of Sigmar is an Alright game.

I can use the same Etherals Element ability every turn right, and multiple Etherals can use the same one?

Would you all be interested in watching Gav Thorpe, ADB, the guy that does the Emperor Text To Speech series, and some other bloke, play Deathwing? Of course you would. It's surprisingly entertaining.

youtube.com/watch?v=NEfxaqol880
youtube.com/watch?v=tvYfcD_yxew

I like how Gav appears to have no sense of direction or idea where he should be going. There's probably a joke there somewhere.

im going to buy my friend tempestus scions for christmas

>Gav Thorpe, ADB, the guy that does the Emperor Text To Speech series, and some other bloke, play Deathwing? Of course you would. It's surprisingly entertaining.
>ADB
Nope, now fuck off

my dudes > your dudes

>Or the models aren't actually as fiddly and weak as they seem like in the pictures.

They're actually surprisingly good that way. I don't have a foam case, but the "cardboard box stuffed with spare plastic bags" thing has worked surprisingly well. Total casualties from 14 months of hobby is one bent Dragoon antenna, a few of those tiny arms on the side of Kataphron Destroyers snapping off and one Crawler weapons pod losing the attachment mechanism, and it's not like antennas on sprinting walkers would be arrow-straight anyway.
Needed to strip that Crawler anyway, so it's going to be stripped, repaired and refitted to make the Neutron Laser/Missile pod combo newb me put on it look less shit, some more Admech icons and tricked out at the cost of the snowshoes, then repainted. Boom, Dunecrawler Phalanx command tank.

Might use the Admech symbol plate that normally goes on the Neutron Laser's side to weld over the hatch on my other Dunecrawlers, so they look even more expendable, then transplant the hatches to my Marauder Destroyer counts-as so I can have Skitarii crew sticking their heads out.

About to start Dark Eldar, too. Thinking I'll actually need proper foam for this one, especially if I get pic related instead of Ravagers as planned.

My dudes = Your dudes
I think your dudes are pretty swell, user.

First for Eschers gangers don't need no fucking excuses to be tall as fuck.

>The section is for Land Raiders only and creates a Transport Capacity or TC. For your Land Raiders this is determined by the primary weapon choice. For example 2 twin lascannons grant a TC of 10, 2 Hurricane Bolters grants a 16 and two Flamestorm cannons a 12.

>From there you can take secondary weapons including hull mounted weapons. These subtract from your TC, and have options that include Imperium only, Space Wolves only -helfrost cannon- and Chaos only choices. Most of these options reduce the TC by 5 or 0. Most secondary sponson weapons have a -5.

>Wargear is available as well, but does not affect your TC, and whatever is left over is gives you the Transport Capacity for your Land Raider.

>There are also special abilities that are determined whether your Land Raider is imperium or chaos, like daemonic machine spirit or machine spirit.

>There are no point cost values for making your Land Raider, as its for Open Play. A blank datasheet comes with the book.

No points costs doesnt matter much, could easily homebrew it with a flat +Xpts for making your own shit and then use the Codex points for guns and hull. Its sounds fucking amazing.

S-sugoi !

who the fuck is adb?

Reposting because thread died.

Is this list too WAAC? If it is how can I tone it down? I just want to have fun, close games so I don't care about how it stands up to top-tier stuff, just what you'd like to play against.

Dark Angels

++ Spearhead Detachment ++

Company Master [98pts]: Master-crafted boltgun, Relic blade

Devastators [150pts]: 3x Space Marine
. 4x Space Marine (Heavy Bolter): 4x Heavy bolter
. Space Marine Sergeant: Power sword, Storm bolter

Devastators [185pts]: Space Marine
. 2x Space Marine (Lascannon): 2x Lascannon
. 2x Space Marine (Plasma Cannon): 2x Plasma cannon
. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-plasma

Devastators [185pts]: Space Marine
. 2x Space Marine (Lascannon): 2x Lascannon
. 2x Space Marine (Plasma Cannon): 2x Plasma cannon
. Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Combi-plasma

++ Outrider Detachment ++

Librarian on Bike [8 PL, 135pts]: Bolt pistol, Force stave
. Space Marine bike: Twin boltgun

Ravenwing Bike Squad [264pts]
. 6x Ravenwing Biker: 4x Bolt pistol, 2x Chainswords, 2x Plasmagun
. Ravenwing Sergeant: Chainswords
. Space Marine Bike: Twin boltgun

Ravenwing Black Knights [255pts]: 4x Ravenwing Black Knight
. Ravenwing Huntmaster: Corvus Hammer, Melta bombs
. . Black Knight Bike: Plasma Talon

Ravenwing Darkshroud [149pts]: Assault cannon

++ Vanguard Detachment ++

Company Master [111pts]: Jump Pack, Master-crafted boltgun, Storm shield

Company Veterans [162pts]
. Space Marine Veteran: Combi-plasma, Storm shield
. Space Marine Veteran: Combi-plasma, Storm shield
. Space Marine Veteran: Storm bolter, Storm shield
. Space Marine Veteran: Heavy bolter, Storm shield
. Veteran Sergeant: Combi-plasma, Storm shield

Ravenwing Apothecary [97pts]
. Black Knight Bike: Plasma Talon

Ravenwing Apothecary [97pts]
. Black Knight Bike: Plasma Talon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [112pts]: Storm bolter
. Lascannon and twin plasma gun: Lascannon, Twin plasma gun

++ Total: [2000pts] ++

But can I put volcano cannons on it?

Had to look this up myself, Aaron Dembski-Bowden, guy behind The First Heretic.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Aaron_Dembski-Bowden

Can I put all the BRRRRT on it?

Generally know that detachment gets restricted to two.

Aaron dembski bowden. Some /pol/tard slash Veeky Forumsentleman is still mad that he posted on his normie book an anwser to some fuck ("troll") asking why his books featured "so many womens and sandniggers" or something.

tldr : Anyone getting mad at ADB is a big fucking faggot. And not of the nice, fuckable slaaneshi kind.

Wait, that is why they dislike him? OH that is just precious. Let me just add that salt to my potatoes.

>just ignore all the hate he gets because of "daddy issues" "chaos is best step dad" "chaos has already won you guyz, everything after the war in the webway doesn't even matter" and him making the emperor into a total retard because he's a massive chaos fanboy, only stormfags hate ADB
yeah, nah, you're a cunt

Chaos BTFO

space wolves player?

I thought it was three, thanks user.

No, biggest issue is his butchering of everything loyalist

>chaos just made galaxy wide warp rift
>nids need to made special fleet to fight chaos because they can't eat chaos corrupted worlds
I think Chaos will be ok

does one of you guys have the pheromon trail wording for me? pretty please?

>Wait, that is why they dislike him?
No, not at all. People don't like him because he butchers the fluff in order to make his favorite faction and characters look better, even if the result is retarded as fuck

He haven't write anything bad about Blood Angels.

>newfags out the wazoo this thread
Ishiggy diggy digeridoo famalams

Check the latest ITC. while I don't think anyone should play 40k competitively it does lay down a nice neutral ground.

How does it feel that your faction won't be mentioned until next edition? At best you can hope for some mention in Ork's codex, where Ghaz BTFOs bugs on Octarius.

>the Tyranids avoid areas plagued by warp storms and daemonic activity
>Vital resources are being denied
>looming catastrophe

Nids look fucked tbqh.

>I can use the same Etherals Element ability every turn right
yes
dont think the same ones stack though

Reminder if you unironically call someone a newfag you are probably the newfag.

They see me writin', they hatin' !

Nidbros, what Hive Fleet are you running?

For fluff or crunch reasons? Or just paint scheme? Are you running multiple hive fleets in separate detachments? If so, why haven't you hung yourself yet?

Magnetize the sail helps with transportation a lot. You can use the peg, but it will eventually snap for one reason or another.

Tyranids too poor for pixels

Fuck off aaron, go cry about you're daddy issues

>it's a chaos v. tyranid thread

what if the tc becomes negative, what then?

Reminder to shut your whore mouth and lurk more, damn newfag.

Chaos daemons codex will probably have daemons rekting Kronos, and some mention of Baal
And Be'lakor as only undivided prince, because they will never say Lorgar and Perturabo are undivided princes, even if they are, maybe GW will tell us this when they get models

Though it's superlate, I had a rule question I asked GW about that never got answered (they said they'd have to discuss but never published an answer) prior to 7th ending. I would like your thoughts, just for closure's sake.

In a 7e game, I ran my Chaos Space Marines against a Dark Eldar player. My opponent ran MSU Reavers and Venoms behind a Void Shield. After baiting him out, I cast Sunburst (a Nova Power) and killed several Arena Champions (Cluster Caltrop caddies) in one go.

This is where it got weird. Champion of Chaos means that if I kill an enemy Character by any means (except Sweeping Advance), I roll a D66 to see what Chaos Boon I receive. Since I was using a Chaos Warband, I would roll twice, optionally discarding one result. And since this was simultaneous, it meant I was making 8 simultaneous rolls at once!

The issue was I rolled a "66" for Dark Apotheosis, meaning my Lord would become a Daemon Prince, thus "discarding" other Chaos Boons. However, this roll was simultaneous with 7 other Chaos Boons, and in the case of "simultaneous" immediate effects, the player whose turn it was could choose their order of resolution. So it was unclear whether or not turning into a Prince would stop the other Chaos Boons from applying for an uberprince.

To avoid any arguments, I discarded Dark Apotheosis, but I would like to know your thoughts. Could pulling off a giant Psychic Nova that nukes lots of characters (or nuking a Deathstar with a hi-power attack) result in the Chaos Gods feeling *really* generous?

Nids will at least be mentioned in Necromunda

>using plastic HH models for CSM is p2w
Wew

No they won't. Genestealer Cults will be. It won't go into details about Hive Fleets or anything like that, instead it will expand on actual cults.

I don’t know which one I want to do, still trying to decide. I know the basic composition of my list will be spam Rippers, a couple Haruspex, a couple Mawocs maybe, and Neurothropes for HQs.

>gorgon, for the crunch, actually
>my own melee hive fleet in my own paint scheme
>even if I deploy more than one detachment I would never take more than one adaptation

This is why 7th edition was garbage, and its only the barely scratching the surface

Anons, please feed me more horror stories about the worst that has happened to your models. I'm having a horrifying time. Don't stop now.

>Daemonhunter army annihilated
>Mfw
That's a real bummer. I guess he went too far with the whole fleshgrafting on himself.
That doesn't sound too bad, yeah. I guess the design from GW was competent after all. And it's always nice when you can cover up any damages with an upcoming project you were going to do anyway.
Also, good luck with keeping the Deldar intact.

Not that blown out. Still can't eat chaos, has to eat the half digested stuff of other nids. More of "Kronos is Blow the fuck out of proportions". It is like those saying the whole Gorgon fight with Death Guard was a draw for, no, it was a loss for Nids. Nids expended resources to take that place, all resources were tainted and couldn't be recouped, and then one of their ships was destroyed while Death Guard gained a method of further fighting them that Nurgle happily will remember.

Nids are on more of a counter strike situation. They were on the backfoot for a bit now they are making probing attacks to try to find a solution to the Warp issues in the galaxy. Hence Kronos hunting all big Psyker areas to try to prevent further tears. They are more triage than curative. Nids are playing catch up, and this is from someone going into playing nids after CSM and IG. I enjoy Nids a fair bit, but, Kronos is just a way to try to halt further tears. Think of it as quarantine while a vaccine is researched.

Now Hive Fleet Tiamat that is interesting. Sadly didn't save their page, but, they are holding a planet instead of eating it and building something akin to the Light House of Pharos. Which given the secondary power of Pharos, could be very interesting.

What's the appeal of Gorgon? They are a bit more killy than the others in melee, though Hydra can beat them in situations... but the others are about getting to melee more reliably. So I'm not sold personally.

Gorgon, Fluff. Hyperadaptiive and Hypertoxic. I love it.

That's pretty cool.

>Chaos Daemon codex comes out. New faction AGAINST THE HIVEMIND
>Works like Ynnari, trade your Daemon of X bonus, for new bonus.
>Flat out ignores Shadow of the Warp
>biggest bonus is you may include a TYRANID detachment. Which gains the DAEMON special rule, representing possessed Tyranids

>Kill Team rules still not updated
Why? It's a great way to bring more people into hobby. Releasing a 8th edition ruleset would make nice money at a low cost

hes disliked as he lets his own daddy issues leak into everything and he seemingly gives every chaos space marine a waifu.

Invisibility, D and the Grimoire were the main reasons (and Stomps), alongside "S6 Intensifies." This wasn't any of those reasons. Hell, it was a Lethal Joke CSM army.

>Tyranids shit themselves at the thought of Chaos and are rushing to find a solution to the coming calamity
>Chaos still don't give a shit about Tyranids.

>It's really strong and makes daemons top meta on their own.
>Rest of the codex is really bad
>people start calling my khorne Daemons List WAAC
I would kms

Kill Team is gay.

2 Tzeentch start collecting boxes and 2x pic related - is it enough to run a 1000pts non auto-losing army?

Not gonna lie if people start call Khorne deamon lists WAAC i would as well. I love my Skarbrand

Shit taste

Genestealer cults are nids you dingus

I like the adaptiv-ness though it doesn't really show in the rules, so it rarely counts.
I like the toxic-theme, which isn't a thing gorgon is known for but DOES show in the rules, so it's a plus
final point is: it's a solid choice to buff melee units, hydra won't do nothing for tyrant, toxicrene, carnifex and small warriors and ravengers
I will run a lot of hormas (I hate genestealers) but I won't take an adaptation just for them

If it really, really, really do not work out I may switch to behemoth but for now I like gorgon for the next couple of games.

You mother is gay

Thou mad, user. I advise you to fix your own daddy issues before projecting this hard.

Thinking Kraken or Jormungandr, both jive well with my desired lists to run.

Kraken hasQuesting Tendrils, let my units within 6" of my WL strike first? Pretty nice.

Jorm lets me get that nice -1 to hit for everything that isn't rushing for CC and also tunnel network which will let me pop up 30 hormagaunts in the back or side via my Raveners or Red Terror. Pretty hilarious. Throw on -1 Leadership + The Horror so it is -2 Leadership and -1 to hit rolls from said unit and just watch them lose units to morale.

Also only max of 2 detatchments ever, never mixing fleets, if I did 3 detatchments it would be to do full Infested Terran style play list of GSC + Nids + IG for apocalypse which would be hilarious.

I think you would be good

That sounds terrifying.

What are you goi g to use to combat air?

Hey so you can use wargear options not included in the Codex that were in an index, right? Cause I modeled 6 honor guard with relic blades and I kinda wanna keep them that way

>Now Hive Fleet Tiamat that is interesting. Sadly didn't save their page, but, they are holding a planet instead of eating it and building something akin to the Light House of Pharos. Which given the secondary power of Pharos, could be very interesting.

Woah, now that is interesting. Can you or anybody chime in with more info or the page?Or the Codex?

Yes user, it's all right.

Fuck you retarded drumpf poster

I had my first game with the new codex today, played Nid V Nid with his dex that just arrived.

Since the store was completely full already, we decided "FUCK IT" and played a 2k game on a 24" x 48" table (so two standard GW plates).
Be both tried running different hive fleets in our detatchements just so we could try out as many things as possible at once. We both ran some Behemoth and Kronos stuff, he ran a couple Jorgamundr fexes and I ran mine as Kraken.

Was fucking hilarious.

My opinion on the hive fleets after this first game is currently as follows:
>Behemoth
All or nothing, either completely changes the course of the game on your deepstrike or never affects the game ever
>Kronos
Honestly, probably the strongest trait IMO.
REALLY fucking strong on Exocrines, biovores and hive guard being supported by a Neurothrope with the FUCK U psykers trait. That shit's real good.
>Kraken
Makes your nids slightly faster. Not really that impressed by it otherwise. Its kinda nice on fexes though, since you can trigger their living battering ram ability every turn with it. Gotta watch out for that overwatch, though
>Gorgon
Simple Trait. Kinda boring. Still very good though, just makes your whole army way more reliable.
>Hydra
Shit-tier. Do not play
>Leviathan
Honestly not buying it. 6+++ FNP armywide would be pretty cool on nids, actually since its both great for big and small bugs, but the fact that you need to spam synapse to get it, and need to be within 6" of said synapse makes it situational IMO
>Jorgamundr
Probably my favourite trait. I'll probably run this. Definently not the strongest, (specially if you got some IW/IF at your LGS), but I like the idea of all my monsters getting a 2+ and my stealers having a 3+ as they move across the board. Great trait if you want more durability on your monsters rather than damage output. Also makes fexes hilariously hard to kill, combined with the -1 to hit wargear.

We'll have a better idea in January.

Wonrg pic? Also me and my father have and have always had a pretty solid relationship.

And ADB having daddy issues is fact, he had an abusive daddio and now presumably sees them everywhere...but I could forgive all that, the waifuism is a much viler crime.

>Repulsors are 300pts

These things are fucking expensive, are they worth it? From the looks of it I think triple lascannon is the better loadout considering Marines dont have issues with infantry units.

Sweet. I know it's not very efficient (though with power axes they're pretty solid) but I like them

Are you saying that he's a le evil drumpf poster or a trump supporter?I want to ascertain your level of retardation

It's the only way to move your big marines.

What are the odds that gdubs forgot about renegade knights entirely in chapter approved?

>judging people on their political stance on a miniature pushing board
I can ascertain that you are probably a retard, no matter who you are supporting.

Codex scan when?

Don't know, but this one looks wicked !

That chainsword is so unfunctional in a real fight.
Its really triggering me.

How many highlights are too many highlights? I feel like after a certain amount it starts to get busy and cartoony looking.

You can also play them as regular Marines and have a decent list

The same way chaos cultists are daemons.
The same way Brotherhood of the Beast are Nyarlathotep.

Only for now. When they squat Manlets the game will get much better. No more Special Snowflake characters. Just a nameless and Faceless army. The way marines were meant to be.

I feel like the only one who plays hydra

bump

come on, one of you must have the codex?

>chaos tears galaxy in two
>Tyranids finally assed to direct their efforts towards chaos
>Kronos literally deletes chaos rifts with the mere presence of maleceptors and zoans
>this is only their first solution to chaos

Mentioned in what? Other codices? They’ve been in every codex released so far. Also funny you bring up octarius, since it was a huge success for leviathan and they’re literally using it as a biomass farm to fuel their new invasions. They have such a surplus they’re able to leave half digested worlds for Kronos to eat

>No more Special Snowflake characters.

Great.
We have need of only one.

Pheromone Trail: 1 CP, allows you to set up a unit of Infantry from your army out of reserves within 6 of the Lictor and more than 9 from enemy units instead of their normal method of deployment.

You could just google, FLG has an article outlining all the HF traits, WL traits, relics, and staratgems. frontlinegaming.org/2017/11/04/40k-8th-ed-codex-review-tyranids-part-1/

>those digits
girlyman confirmed for the ultra devil