How would you hunt vampires?

Hey Veeky Forums. I'm planning a VtM game where the main antagonists are a bunch of human vampire hunters so I was wondering: How would you hunt vampires?

>Be you
>One day get visited by the police
>"Your parents have died user"
>They comfort you but won't give you details, offering you a ride to the morgue to identify the bodies
>The coroner warns you its ugly before he shows you
>They've been shredded like wet tissue paper
>Ask the coroner what happened
>He says its tragic, they were mauled by a bobcat
>Inside their home
>On the third floor of their apartment building
>In the middle of ersatz New York
>WTF
>Coroner says its what happened no matter how much you point out how stupid that sounds, won't give you any further details
>You visit your local Church to pray and start arranging a funeral
>When you tell the Priest what happened, he nods knowingly
>Tells you this isn't the first time this has happened
>He puts you in contact with some people and they tell you the truth
>Vampires are real, and you're coming for them

So how would you hunt vampires? You know very little about them, even with the advice of your new friends - vampires are a heterogeneous bunch and their main sources of information are popular culture and a few terrifying encounters where most of them died. You're fighting vampires in an urban area, essentially New York but with far worse urban planning. You know they can control the police and the media enough to prevent stories like yours from getting out. So how would you go after them?

I would start small and work my way up. Somewhere there's got to be a street person with two working brain cells to rub together who can tell me about that freak who lives under the abandoned bridge, eating rats and counting piles of rice in his free time. He, in turn, can tell me about at least one more filthy bloodsucker before I nail him to the roof of a building and wait for the sun to come up. And so on, and so on.

Use the cloak of a religious festival as a veil for a culling. A massive, widespread attack on vampires and their institutions, seeing as they wouldn't suspect something massive without hearing hints about it first, especially in a game like VtM.

I would use True Faith, but use it more like someone is unlocking force sensitivity and less about ideological nature of their beliefs. I would stay away from Hunter The reckoning only because Supernatural style hunters would take forever to kill off kindred in any meaningful way.

I would then create imbued weapons for acolytes, kind that kill vampires no matter where they get impaled. Make the threat real. Not something they can snicker at. Every door kick is a bloody sunday. They should fear the streets.

Show what humanity can do when they become fully aware. It is a thing rarely come across because usually they can manipulate the situation before it gets to that point. Turn the dystopia on it's head.

I would also create special swords, laced with silver, wood and wrought cold iron. Laced over a steel frame. Make a true supernatural killing sword, and then use True Faith to imbue the weapons.

Turn humanity loose. Let those that fear the night stand beneath the blades.

Acta non verba

Use the power of the internet and religious fanatics

Make an anonymous website where we can exchange information and build up enough evidence

Incendiary explosives.

Probably shoot them in the head and dump the bodies in the bay.

>VtM
Fire.
Fire and only fire.

Everything else is useless. Also kills the fuck out of characters in WoD

Firstly, they would need to form a group. Then, probably they would begin tracking murders that look like vampire deaths, reading obituaries, making friends with mortuary assistants, etc. They might even try to take on a low grade vamp, maybe even kill them, but realise how damn hard it is. Then continue. Maybe have a very vindictive werewolf "leak" some secrets to them as to their weakness. If the players have enemies, they could serve this role. For the players this should only appear as a rumour about a street level vamp going missing, then some fight between some humans and a vamp over some bullshit reason. Hell the players might laugh at the idea of a vamp being killed by what appears to be a bunch of nobodies. Don't show these guys as hunters till they make their move, anonymity and surprise are the best weapons the Hunters have.

I probably should have clarified - you are YOU. You're just some ordinary regular jagoff, not Blade. You MIGHT know how to use a gun, but that's it. You don't have epic kung-fu or psychic powers. You're not going to overturn society. I'm asking what kind of tactics/methods you'd use if you found yourself going up against vampires.

Talking to the homeless and most vulnerable people in societty? Makes sense

Using the internet to spread the word is smart.

But HOW would you use fire? Arson?

Cool ideas.

Become a vampire. There are two things that may happen;

>Your personality remains unchanged
Gain the strengths (and weaknesses) of a vampire, and hunt them down for all eternity. Become the ultimate team-killer.

>Your personality gets warped
Go balls deep into being a vampire. Forget or scorn your dead family and be a true beast of the night.

Either way you'll be happy.

Me? I'm guncucked, so i go the good old route of burn it. Do my investigative work, ask questions, but the second i have a solid pebble of evidence i'm getting my drum of diesel and hooking up an electric sparker. if possible, i try to block up exits, but frankly if that'll get me spotted then i'm not gonna bother, since if they own the cops then i'm never seeing a court, kangaroo or not.

First, I would check those dubs.

Cell structure
Investigate
Burn the vamps’ lairs to the ground, make sure to keep the doors blocked

If your group can pull in serious kit and are really dedicated, go to “drive a VBIED through the front door of their hangout”

Also, probably suicide pills. Better dead than vamp.

Escalate this to suicide vests with really fanatical ones.

Employ priests at water treatment plants and strongly incentivize urbanization.

First do your best to get a job a the local utility company. Water, power or gas, doesn't matter which you just need access to the meter readings for all three and you can get this from basically any clerk position in most civic bureaucracies. Then get a copy of SPSS, the GSS and the most recent census. In college we used these along with publicly available census tract data and public data from weather satellites to find out the black body heat temperature of each census tract then mapped it to property values, age of buildings, and electricity use to see what areas have senior citizens in danger of death by heatstroke. we actually predicted and prevented several deaths in Philly. In this case you are looking for places where the electricity use is disproportionately high during spring and autumn and water use is low. (having lights on all night, and not flushing toilets regularly will cause these hiccoughs) You will get some false positives from the sort of people who run their own home server farms and don't shower. But you have a list of addresses. If you're very lucky see which of those places still has a land line phone number that likely is your older people and therefore undead rather than NEET but either way 10am is your friend. 10 am is the vampire hunting hour especially for vtm. Any vampires can not use disciplines past a certain level and can't wake up without spending will after dawn now you don't know that but you at least know sunlight + vampires = boom so only do this on sunny days at 10 am, do a meter read, chase some cables, do not chase cables underground or into dark areas but be willing to send camera and snake to do so. If you are wrong and you just found a tech savvy senior citizen you will likely have a new friend as you have helped solved their power spike problems from old building wiring and hey now you have a friend. If instead you have found the undead the fire capacities of welding equipment can not be underestimated.

Arson, dragons breath rounds, bird bomb, comet, detonator, napalm, or superflair all of which are 12 gauge rounds, flair guns, improvised or standard incendiary explosives, there's also incendiary rounds for handguns.

The applications are fairly limitless, especially if you don't give a shit about collateral.

user has this shit thought out

>yfw public utility guys are vampire hunters
>yfw this is why there are so few vampire attacks

Vampires don't drink water

That's an elegant way to do it.

I guess he's hoping that some of the "holy" in the holy water sticks around in the blood of the kine?

I can't see any other way that would work.

Shit user this is good shit. I'm deffo gonna include this in my vamp game. Cheers!

>playing hunter earlier this year
>my character is single dad working as a city planner
>have access to this kind of info
Absolutely stealing this when we start up that game again

First thing to do for hunting vampires: do not hunt vampires

Seriously all kind of isolated group of hunters would simply be swept away if it goes again the Camarilla, Sabbat or Anarchs. Even if they manage to kill a vampire, there is no way for them to know how widespread is the vampire influence and with the amout of resources and information vampires have access to, all groups of isolated hunters will be dead by the next night

So either you play in a setting with no access to modern technology, or where major vampire organisation do not exist. The only ones who can actively kill vampires are Hunters, because the second sight allows them to identify both vampires and their ghouls, but even then it's a short and painful life.

So your hunters better target isolated or unaligned vampires, or they're in for a slow death

First I would probably look at recent disappearances to try to see if they can be lured with a prostitute, then Id just, you know, DO THAT.

Chances are Id try to catch one, and have a few weapons handy in case things got stupid. Silver bullets, stakes, probably some gasoline. Also, I have a couple friends who'd be down for something like this, no questions asked. Always roll deep.

>What are ghouls
>what are simple human guards
>what are ghoul animals

Your plan works if your vampires have no way to spy on you or track your movements during the day. Unfortunately, most do.

To be fair, if you go to one of these described locations and its got somebody who looks or acts like they're guarding it, its gonna be pretty obvious. It may not be a cakewalk, but it'll get done.

Yah, it will work the first time, and maybe you'll be able to torch a vampire or two, but with the amount of info the Camarilla or the Sabbat can gather on you in a matter of days by simply getting their ghouls to work will ensure you'll be dead by daylight.
The only way to actually survive in this is basically skipping town after every kill, unless your group of hunters is backed up by something powerful enough to keep you hidde, or the vampire higher ups don't see you as a threat so big that they must deal with you immediately.

Really, of all the possible supernatural creatures, vampires are theabsolute last you should go after in VtM. Ironically, even hunting a werewolf is easier than dealing with vampires, even if the kill is in itself much more difficult