/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Beastman Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S (embed)
WFRP: pastebin.comq/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

>We're looking for these novels for the archive (not updated)
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer 2: store.steampowered.com/app/594570/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II/
Vermintide 2: store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Age of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Doomwheel: katsugames.com/doomwheel

Previous thread: Why are Beastmen so great, /wfg/?

First for Gay Rats.

reminder that nagash inventing necromancy is retarded and that dark elves should use it too

Reminder that you're fake and gay.

Asked this is the last thread but then got busy and never saw the answer, what is the recommended reading for whf? I just bought a grip of whfrp books and plan on running a game in the next few months, want to immerse myself. I've read the Dan Abnett omni, Vampire omni, and the first gotrek and Felix omni.

Gay or not, rats need love. RAT GENERALS WHEN!?

As much as I love Skaven and Ratfolk, I think a rat general would be flagged pretty damn quickly for being furry as hell.
And they'd probably be right to do so.

Rats, Skaven, and rodentkind are above such nonsense. Skaven are the strongest race! They destroyed the planet, this proves it. The entirety of the Earth belongs to Skaven kin. They're also super cute.

I mean I haven't read too much of the books, despite wanting too.
You could read the Grey Seer Books if you like watching a self-important jackass of a skaven make an ass out of himself.

>Beastmen
>Great
user I love ya, but Beastmen are pretty lame.

Reminder that dwarves inventing gunpowder is retarded and that bretonnians should use it too.

Is this the reason that Battle Pilgrims carry upsidedown shields? Because they look like church windows?

what was the most enjoyable whfrp oneshot you ran/played in?

Tomb Kings best kings forever

Are there any dice rolling sites/applications that have warhammer arty and scatter dice?

The closest kind of shop that might have them is literally an ocean away.

I like to think it's because they're untrained fanatics.

The men-at-arms were told which way to hold their shields.

There's nothing wrong with shields shaped that way

Do banks exist in the old world, more specifically in the empire?
I need to know for something

I like to think he didn't so much 'invent' necromancy as formalise it.
If Nagash had never existed, you would still have undead spontaneously reanimating in magically corrupted areas and you would still have hedge wizards fucking around with ghosts and spirits. But you wouldn't have black market copies of the Liber Mortis floating about with full instructions for creating your own skeleton horde in badly-translated Nehekharan.

> you'd still have the dead spontaneusly reanimating in magically corrupted areas
But that still happens. That's why the gardens of Morr have walls

Here's what I could find.
First part is from the Old World Armoury, the second is from Marienburg: Sold Down the River.

Exactly. It would happen with or without Nagash. Nagash just wrote the cookbook and articulated the principles.

Supposeldy it's only like this in a relaxed arm position. As soon as they hold the shield to defend themselves the arm bends and the shield is in the right angle. Or at least this is one explanation I once read.

Cool thanks

It's explicitly labelled as a pavise in the image. That's how pavises are shaped.

A better question might be to ask why melee soldiers are using a device created to protect crossbowmen while they're reloading.
But frankly that guy is wearing a cup on his head. All bets are off.

Do you live in africa or some shit?

Well the image says it's because it has the shape of church windows

I'm surprised there was never a canonical gag story about the "forbidden relationship" between two skaven, and it turns out they're just unironic friends.

The only thing elves are good for is to be cum receptacles.

Brunner the Bounty Hunter series

>an human

Fuck off furry!

We all know that this edit is retarded.

Warhammer appropriate context?

I guess flagellants are staple of Empire despite being IRL thing.

So is that the backstory of every flagellant in the Empire or what are you trying to tell me?

What exactly is happening in those last three panels

Knowledge of magic and dhar is nowhere near enough to invent it. The Nekhartans whole civilication had been obsessed with death for ages, with the mortuary-cult actively studying how to overcome death. There is no were else but Nekharta that could have produced a necromancer anywhere near pope-bones caliber.
Also it's staded that the elfs opinion on vampires and undeath is "only a short lived species could come up with something this stupid and dangerous".

OC from Symbaroum, what kind of heresy is this ?

Symbaroum is washed-up Warhammer fantasy anyway

Are Dark Elves the most nonsensical faction to exist in WF?
>keep getting utterly defeated over and over again by High Elves
>have no alliances and resort to taking slaves from human colonies
>keep carrying out monstrously numerous sacrifices and live in a society that's all about backstabbing
How the fuck are they not extinct after the periodic slaughter of their armies at the hands of the High Elves? Other than fomenting war between Dwarves and Elves they have no achievements to even speak.

There are as many...
I guess there is no Vortex sucking the lifejuice out of them. This is the only explanation I can think of.

Plot reasons

Because "elves, but eeeeeevil" is a popular trope among the fans

My interpretation is that the flagellant is asking for alms from a couple of men who've just left a tavern. Instead of charity the flagellant recieves a vicious beating but he takes it so well that the thug sees the error of his ways and want to repent for a lifetime of of bad decisions.

>Other than fomenting war between Dwarves and Elves they have no achievements to even speak.
>They have pretty much tamed a large portion of a vast and inhospitable continent and even managed to stave off the annual mung invasions.

Didn't mean to > the last sentence.

The place they live being inhospitable is just another reason against their longevity

That's okay, but how does this justify them being stupid? They keep attacking Ulthuan all the time like idiots and keep getting massacred and kicked out. How the fuck do they even rejuvenate their armies after facing wholescale slaughter is beyong me.

THERE ARE

AS MANY

ELVES

Cults of pleasure and high feritlity. Also probably hag magic

I fucking love Reaper Bolt Throwers

And why do they do so much plunder? Their society entirely consists of warriors who follow Malekith out of fear, all the other work being done by elves. What do they do with all the wealth?

Probably pay for all the food shipments into their unfarmable lands

trade, among them, probably. And maybe even with some of the closer chaos tribes in the north, or even with the worst of them all: Marienburgh

Orgies don't lead to higher fertility.

They can't let them win, obviously, but they need to fight. Warhammer being a game of extremes, they're not satisfied with small skirmish wars.

Their slave apparatus is over exaggerated but not unthinkable. It closely resembles Arab slavery with Aztec blood sacrifice. You could rein it in by making sacrifice slightly rarer and specifying that slaves are forcibly bred in captivity.

Meh, it's just Canada.

They do in my doujins.

Cults of pleasures are not only orgies, but i never said that one caused the other. simply a combination of frequent sex AND high fertility bears more children than average

Beastmen are great when you consider that they're the equivalent of orcs or gnolls in other settings, the only difference being that beastmen get shit done.

people used to throw the dice from the starter sets on ebay all the time.
So unless you are somewhere in the world, where nobody even heard of warhammer chances are you could find some second hand pretty easy.

Kek

Other than Wood Elves and Brettonia, and Empire, Kislev and Dwarves, are there any other steadfast alliances?

>Wood Elves and Brettonia
>Steadfast alliance

The Empire and Brettonia are rather close allies, as well. The knights of Brettonia fought alongside the Empire in multiples occasions.

Aside from that I guess the high elves maintain tenous alliances with others good aligned factions, including the lizardmen ?

Which speaks in favour of their tenacity.

Awhile ago, I worked on a homebrew for Mordheim (incomplete), Wagon VDR so to spreak. A lot of it was clobbed together from Empire in Flames and Border Town burning.

I am thinking of expanding it for Ship and Strongholds as well. However, since I didn't implement Ratwheels or Steam Engines, I'm thinking there should be a more generic "strength vs bulk vs move" formula, and assorted wargear needs recosting. Let me know your initial thoughts?

Trade, bribes, infrastructure and magnificient buildings.
Turning Canada to edgy Las Vegas takes time, effort and plenty of booty.

chaos dwarfs and hobgoblins surprisingly

Not to mention orcs and goblins.

Foetunately, Druchii have the last in good supply.

You wield a shield like because if you want to hit somebody with the end of it, it's much easier to do it with a flat edge than a point. If you miss with the point all the energy of the blow is lost, the flat edge will carry the force regardless of where you hit them.

Looks like he's using Krell as a hat stand.

I don't think one race being enslaved to the other counts as a 'steadfast' alliance.

Plus Hobgoblins have betrayed the CD loads of times, the problem is they always then double-cross the slave revolt and come full circle.

What language do greenskins actually speak?

Surely it's not just corrupted Reikspiel - how would they have acquired that?

according to old world bestiary its the sort of alliance were they hate each other but they hate everyone else more

They have their own language.

Orcs have a logographic writing system.

I'm a bit dubious of that, Hobgoblins stick with whoever has the meal ticket. First sign of weakness in CD and they would make Wormtongue look like Samwise.

Any source for this? Warhams wiki doesn't have anything.

Wich skaven clan is most pattable?

Eshin, they get their scent glands removed so they don't smell.

It's in one of their army books I think.

I remember it vaguely. Their numbers system goes up to like...20, then they have a 'digit' for 'lotz.'

90% of elves are fucked up savages. Dark Elves, Wood Elves, the Shadow Warriors, Tyrion, they're all bloodthirsty animals.

>mfw the plebs have opinions

They speak English

Hooligan

As someone who know's nothing about Warhammer Fantasy, someone tell me or link me to a tl;dr about the setting

It would be cool of the Dark Elves traded with some races, even just pirates or Araby, and perhaps unscrupulous lords farther north.

There's a good summary image from WFRP 1e. I'll post it for you when I get back on my computer if I can find it and no one else beats me to it.

I agree. I actually have them doing that in the Arabyan flesh markets, on Sartoss, and in some Norscan ports. Rarely, they'll show up at Erengrad or Mousillon.

dont dark elves have a lot of kids when compared with high elves?

They all have their benefits.
>Eshin
Are difficult to find, and difficult to land the pats, but they are probably the softest, silkiest rats, because smelling terrible isn't good for sneaking.
>Skryre
They have some bittersweet pats, because nerd rats are just good to pat but you might end up patting a tube or metal plate. Not so good for pats.
>Moulder
Very difficult to pat, chances of sticking hand into extra mouth, random spike, or even into a mancatcher is high. Makes patting a difficult afare. But if you're in it for the extra difficulty, legends speak of moulder rats liking belly scratches.
>Pestilens
Only good for patting if you're a plague victim or nurglite cultist. Pat equality!
>Morrs
By far the biggest rats, your pats will have to be firm, and well performed to prove you are above the rabble. But the pat quality is sound.
Grey Seers on the other hand, have horns in the way, and don't believe they are fit for pats, but something about they grey fur makes the pats exotic. An incredibly rare but satisfying treat.
In conclusion, the best answer is undoubtedly NEET Rat Sneek Scratchitt

They could pass for High Elves without too much issue, so long as they don't sail into port with spiky black ships.

They probably can't trade in Erengrad though, just because Erengrad has the second largest elven enclave in the Old World, and you can bet they keep their eye out for Dark Elves.

Unlike in Marienburg, however, elves font seem to wield much political power in Erengrad. I could be wrong, though, since the Tzarina has been cultivating the local guilds as her catspaws over the local nobility, and elves in seaports tend to be merchant houses.

Considering how paranoid and utterly ruthless Katarin is, though, they would need to be circumspect in any political meddling.

I think the minor clans would offer far more attractive pats

Well-argued.