Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How far has your character traveled? Does he keep his adventuring close to home or travel far and wide?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/YLikTing

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uzYHjAcfQKU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Should I play a Small catgirl (Tailful Polymorph) alchemist?

1) Pretty far, but still on the same continent.
2) A different planet.
3) A different plane.
No.

I want to play in a party with a mystic, a rubato, and a roil dancer

Yes.

Will we ever see a comfy /pfg/ game again?

What do you want to see in a comfy game?

>What do you want to see in a comfy game?
Maybe a game set in Molthune where the PCs play a group of newly landed knight-folk who work together to develop their lands into something the Motherland can be proud of.

Any reason? Is it because they all have Animus?

I want to see high adventure, saving innocent people, defeating evil bad guys, foiling evil plots, working together, sharing laughs, and maybe someone marrying a princess at the end.

What makes a game comfy?

Something that isn't creepy rapey bullshit.
Something that isn't run by a notorious flake or an asshole who tries to pull rank because I FINISH MORE GAMES THAN YOU FUCKING SCRUB.
Something that actually has stakes rather than just "muh harvest moon" or "muh spice and wolf". That shit is literally just "fuck it lets be pirates" but with wagons and merchants replacing ships and piracy.
And no. Fucking. Foxes. Ever.

Yes, it would be extremely chaotic

Does Molthune even have knights in its military junta?

Are those not just military officials?

>it would be extremely chaotic

For you, maybe.

>an asshole who tries to pull rank because I FINISH MORE GAMES THAN YOU FUCKING SCRUB.

You know that Q Sirius has completed way more games than any other /pfg/ GM, right?

>mfw getting that response was part of my plan

fuck yooooooooouuuuuuuuu

>And no. Fucking. Foxes. Ever.
Boy am I glad there are none in any of my games. Playing regular humans is great, amirite?

Thank you for being a case in point.

Cross country, and even then on a pretty limited scale. He is too busy to really be traveling abroad, and his patriotic duties have him tied down anyway.

I cringe every time I see this picture. That's really the best kind of game, though. Even better if the princess in question is another PC. PCs are usually better love interests than NPCs, IMO. They have more screen time and (hopefully) personality.

>People don't like an asshole who tries to put himself on top of an artificial hierarchy
>I'll prove them wrong by trying to appeal to an artificial authority!
>That'll show those plebs!

What, you don't like the goofy-ass, PS2-era-looking fox wizard? You don't see many princess PCs these days, though-I guess for a lot of people that's too much of a "special" quality.

What kinds of dragons would make the best:

1) BBEG
2) Rival
3) Lover/Consort
4) Monarch

Nice false equivalency fampai
Surely the only people that hates furry fetish foxposting are the sort that only plays humans

you don't seem to do well with humor

You don't have faith in Wizard Tower?

Sirius, nobody cares how many games you run to completion, how many idiots you trick into ERP, or how many achievements you unlock or whatever. Just go.

What the fuck is humor?

Show me any other GM who's completed as many /pfg/ games as Q Sirius.

The owl is cool though. And yeah, not a lot of princesses or princes. I haven't ever seen anybody play one. I had a princess character for a non-PF game once, but never actually played her since she was a backup PC.

In order, red, silver, depends on the other person, and gold.

Well, if you've ever wondered why someone's talking and other people are laughing...

youtu.be/uzYHjAcfQKU

You know what, you smug motherfucker?
I've never been in a game that officially completed, /pfg/ or otherwise. You know why? Because nobody gives a shit about prestige except shitters like you and Edna.

People who actually play Pathfinder for reasons other than seeing it as a means to an end are going to end campaigns just because they run out of steam, or because people move away, or for dozens of other reasons. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as everyone's having fun. Trying to race to be objectively better at GMing than everyone else just because your numbers are bigger and harder than everybody else's doesn't make you great, it makes you an asshole with no life.

>BBEG
Umbral

>Rival
Silver

>Lover/Consort
Pink

>Monarch
Sovereign

>Pink

Makes sense.

Are there actually stats for a pink dragon? I'd actually kind of be interested to see them.

Not that I know of. It's possible some 3pp book has something like that, but damned if I know which one.

Why silver dragon as rival? A dragon as a rival sounds kind of strange to begin with, unless it's young and spends a lot of time disguised in humanoid form. Can silver dragons shapeshift like reds and golds? I don't think all dragons get that ability.

Pink is a color, so it would be an evil chromatic dragon. Not sure what user was going for?

There aren't. They don't exist. This is precisely why they are the perfect waifus. End my suffering.

Umbral dragons are pretty badass but I think they're not quite right for a BBEG. They're just destructive and hungry for souls, not really the long term schemer of dragonkind. I would give that to time dragons, or blue if we're just sticking with chromatic and metallic.

Now, a half-umbral, half-time dragon, that's a right proper BBEG and a pants-shittingly scary-sounding boss.

Couldn't it be a half-white red dragon, or half-red white dragon?

I'm planning something that meets these criteria but isn't "comfy", more inspired by The First Law than anything else.

Red
Blue
Bronze/Silver
Gold

They probably manipulate others, taking advantage of their innocuous coloration to appear friendly Perhaps they even regularly polish their scales to look like rose gold or burnished brass, passing themselves off as trustworthy metallics. NE, I would guess. Their breath weapon is fire, the hot and passionate flames of the heart, but their secondary breath weapon is a gas that causes people to fall in love. The pink dragon uses this to enthrall creatures it deems worthy to serve as minions, pretending to share their feelings for as long as it remains useful to keep the creature around. However, they never hesitate to throw someone else under the bus (and in fact enjoy breaking hearts with betrayal, often going the extra mile to twist the knife with some choice words) when needed, because it always views such creatures as disposable tools at worst or fleeting entertainment at best.

3/10, would not waifu even if my PC was also evil.

My game is pretty comfy.

We're all weaboos on this caravan to some ancient city. We're currently stuck in these enchanted woods full of playful spirits. Some real princess mononoke shit. I never really watched any anime so I tried to base my dude a bit on Samurai Jack.
I joined recently and the other players have been playing for like a year and a half so there's a lot of history with these guys. Picked from a deck of many things once.

For some reason there's a trail of like 15 monstergirls in the caravan. It's a little degenerate, but a real chill game.
In one of the sessions we just spent the entire time fishing n' shit.

So half angry dragon and half stupid dragon? Sounds like a pretty generic and uninspired tsundere

>Can silver dragons shapeshift like reds and golds?

Silvers are the best at shapeshifting, if I recall; they can assume a humanoid form as a Hatchling.

>all those 6' women
Nice tranny crew you got there.

I like that aesthetic the characters have. Is there a setting document I could shamelessly rip off?

Eh, I saw his roleplay once and it was really really low effort. Killed my desire to take part in his games.

They're more like 5.9, it's just that the hats make them look taller.
The (BIG) gal drew from a deck of many things. They were a normal sized male back then. Either way, the tiny tengu/kobold kind of balance it out, anyway.

I drew the characters and it wasn't really acording to the document's aesthetic, but the setting is Tian Xia

Is that 8 PCs? How'd that work out?

>Tian Xia
Oh. Looked a little Furi-esque, so I was wondering if the GM was doing some kind of future-samurai thing.

One of them is an NPC.
Combat can sometimes drag but it's mostly quick enough.

Not quite, but there -was- a scene that was directly ripped off of Furi.
GM straight up asked me to draw a map for the background for that one bit on the sunset beach with the other sword guy.
Some oni queen called manusakura had us come into her pocket dimension and duel her or something.

>Edna
The fuck does 2hu have to do with Q Sirius?

A lot of it spills out into an in-character discord chat between proper sessions
Currently we're in a position where we're doing lots of mini-sessions with only a few people joining at a time.

We found a magic tapestry that we can warp into like a mario 64 painting, and we'll mostly be exploring it in groups of maybe 2-4

>what are Amazons
>what are Vikings
>what are inhuman races like elves and tieflings that don't follow human proportions
>what is Heroic Fantasy/Sword and Sorcery where all the men are giant beefcakes and all the women are buxom tallgirls

I gotta say, your art style is fucking jammin', and I'm glad to see more of it. I remember you posted the Ameiko once before somewhere. Kinda makes me jealous, and a little disappointed in myself for not having the patience to stick to it.

So come to think of it one of them sort of technically is transgender.

Same deal, evidently, of "I need to be objectively better by running more successful games to completion than anyone. That way, I can win at Pathfinder and keep my authority over it."

>mfw I just read the Shifter
Someone at Paizo knows me and want to hurt me.

i make it rain you can have it

make it disappear like magic

It's alright user. I'm here for you. We can just... play something else that fills the desire for a non-druid shapeshifter.

So how does Fast Learner work if you want the racial FCB? Do you still get the hit point and skill point?

>Benefit: When you gain a level in a favored class, you gain both +1 hit point and +1 skill rank instead of choosing either one or the other benefit or you can choose an alternate class reward

Instead choosing one FCB you choose a combination of 2 of them. So you could do 1hp/1sp, 1hp/altFCB, 1sp/altFCB, and in some rare cases altFCB/altFCB.

>One feat to get free talent/combat feat every 3 levels.
>Get a free feat as part of the race anyways.

If you want the racial FCB AND a hitpoint or skillpoint, you're better off looking at Toughness or SkillToughness, because those actually work.

How does a tiefling manage to buy anything without getting robbed by the merchants?

...by having a big sword?

I mean the actual answer is 'depends on the setting', such as whether it's the murder-tieflings-on-sight setting you're implying, but still.

Get a street urchin to do it for you.

When is it reasonable to pick mithral armor? Should I have masterwork armor by lvl 6?

>The newbie of the group wants to roll a longbow Synthesist

Should I be worried?

Which classes can make golems? Which ones are the best at it?

Only if your group has a PHB monk, a fighter or other weak as fuck class, Synthesist is worse than Pure Summoner but makes the martial problems very obvious.

We have one. The rest of us are kind of a mix of divines (Cleric, Paladin, Inquisitor), a sorcerer, Barbarian, and a rogue.

作れ無いと思うぞ

Summoner is worse than Cleric, it's probably like Sorcerer in power. Synth is worse than Summoner (because loses action economy which is an incredible powerful thing) but still manages to be between Inquisitor and Sorcerer

It doesn't have to be a problem per se, at least not in the class choice department, the dude could be dick or a that guy for all I know

Is this meme still around? Are people still this dumb? Summoner is strong and is so without optimizing. Synth is the same. Unless the Inquisitor is well build and equipped/and or the Summoner has a shit build, the Synth will come out on top

My party have a barbarian, a cleric, a fighter, a wizard/druid, and a paladín. What other classes would you suggest for a group like this?

>Tier 2
>Not strong
I never even remotely implied Summoner wasn't strong, he is not stronger thant he Cleric though unless the Cleric player is severely mentally handicapped.
Synth summoner is objectively worse than Summoner. Meme is thinking Synth is bette than Summoner.
And Like I said Synth is between Sorcerer (tier2) and Inquisitor(tier3) in power.
Calm your tits.

I'm not super worried about That Guys, since we've all been friends for quite somewhere over a decade now.

The main worries are that A) The guy is fairly new to TTRPGs, so a summoner may be a bit of a challenge, and B) A well built Synth may imbalance the game a bit since the GM always tries to make every fight a challenge.

He is rolling a range build though, which I've never seen played with a Synth before, so it should at least be interesting to watch.

>unless the Cleric player is severely mentally handicapped.
Actually this is the problem/meme. You're assuming that the players in that anons group have a shred of competence in building their characters.
I'd watch the Synth very closely. It's very easy to fuck up but it's also very to create something that's better than the rest of the group.

>What do you want to see in a comfy game?

Sandbox game that is just pure adventure and the PCs sharing stories together. Relationships forged and broken between them as they continue being adventurers. No solid 'world ending' plot that the players are pushed into but plenty of bread crumbs to follow for regional or personal plot if they choose. High adventure, the occasional dungeon delve with plenty of tavern stops (always making sure to describe the food and drink in the more renowned ones).

A well built Synth is going to imbalance less than an well built Cleric or a well built Sorcerer, if you allowed those two I don't see the problem with Synth.

>People thinking the guy mocking Sirius is Sirius

Gonna be playing with Spheres of Might for the first time, thinking of playing a Technician with a focus in Trap and Sniping with a little Scout on the side. What are some good feats for the robot constructs you can get out of Electrical Insight? Can I get them dipping into their own spheres?

Hey guys, tomorrow i have a oneshot and i want to build a new character for it. I was thinking a buffer/debuffer bard (a metalhead). Would u stat me? We start at lvl 10 \m/,

Wizard, or maybe forgemasterling cleric 1/"wizard 19.there is a construct focused supplement coming out soon that mays change that though.

>Would u stat me?
Charisma and Intelligence both in single digits.

I played with 3 princesses and a prince of sorts. All in the same game. They were all fucking horrible. But that's an anecdote from a LWC, so take that as you will.

This pretty accurately describes how I'm running my game. Too bad most of my players are shit, or it'd actually be pretty fun.

Guys, DM here, my players are starting to look like a EU comission and are killing the flow by discussing every fucking single action together. Any suggestions to make them take decissions in a more individualistic way? I've planned timers and dividing the team into smaller groups but maybe there are other ways too.

Tell me about the Scholar, /pfg/. What can it really do? A quick glance over the class makes me think it's underpowered, but I'd honestly love to be wrong about that.

Are they talking in character or out of character?

Not much. The thing is when they are not in combat they do everything in group and micromanage every possible action. Oh, and half of them tend to believe everything has traps so every action they make takes a lot of time. (maybe because the introduction session had an ambush)
For example:
DM "You see a tabern. The lights are on. A faint tune can be heard from where you are"
Players: *10 minute discussion to decide who enters first, which spells they load, change weapons, etc*
DM "As you storm the tabern through the windows you see people having a drink"

Honestly, that kind of group-planning shows they're engaged in the campaign, both in its challenges and in its story. I'd try not to hate it.

The main issue seems to be that it takes too long. I'd suggest putting a two-minute max timer between 'what do you do' and them answering.

Although it's not a solution you can use all the time, consider interrupting their planning if it drags on too long. For example, you could have the tavern owner step out the door to shout at the PCs once he/she notices there's a group of people staring at the tavern from outside.

I agree with the other user that it can get annoying but try not to hate it too much. They're obviously engaged. Potentially start to introduce scenarios that are more time sensitive. Also throw in a few scenarios that appear like they COULD have a trap or ambush but then have it turn out completely mundane.

Timers, easy enough.

Woah, didn't expect those many replies so fast.

and Yep, they are really quite engaged. They've gone through some tough adventures and don't want to fuck up the campaign now. I didn't consider until now that perhaps this was the cause.
I'll subtly try to time their actions. I'll post here in a few days how it goes.

>interrupting their planning if it drags on too long
Definetly. I'll plan something for those situations. Many are quite foreseeable.

>but then have it turn out completely mundane.
That...sounds interesting