The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

---------------------------------
Raise your hands in the air if you need more armor, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-11-07 - Still getting worked on & now has 20479 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord servers, etc.) Last updated 2017-09-16!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eai6NmfL8EY
youtube.com/watch?v=-qNXxyr0mSA
youtube.com/watch?v=JeheKdbhlms
youtube.com/watch?v=MkgR0SxmMKo
youtube.com/watch?v=2AjrLci_AL8
youtube.com/watch?v=UiSB2Fbw9gs
youtube.com/watch?v=OPNv5e9Cu6w
youtube.com/watch?v=dyk0AeyKtLE
youtube.com/watch?v=05p646nlYS0
youtube.com/watch?v=eFFgbc5Vcbw
ebay.com/itm/Horseshoe-Crab-Keychain-Fine-Pewter-Silver-Key-Chain-Ring/182411565444?hash=item2a78939984:g:VxYAAOSw5cNYbk7y
etsy.com/listing/117660826/bronze-horseshoe-crab-bottle-opener
youtube.com/watch?v=wRWCK9zGynA
sarna.net/wiki/Old_Kentucky
4screens.net/e/561e91608ff884010057d3b4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Holding of Buttes, etc....

Always rock, metal or folk. Rock opera or folk ballads are the best because of the whole story you get through the album. But depends entirely on who I'm playing. I got a few favorites though.

Everyone Else is an Asshole by Candy Coated Fury is my Taurian Anthem
youtube.com/watch?v=Eai6NmfL8EY

Dragonslayer album by Dream Evil for the Robinson boys
youtube.com/watch?v=-qNXxyr0mSA

Carolus Rex album by Sabaton for the Fedcom
youtube.com/watch?v=JeheKdbhlms

My Drac is all mixed. Mostly synthwave and anime stuff. If I got Azami hovers then I know I need some Initial D.
Scandroid's Neo-Tokyo is a good start. It's my DEST jam.
youtube.com/watch?v=MkgR0SxmMKo
Can't forget the MW2 Mercs classic Dragon's Teeth either.
youtube.com/watch?v=2AjrLci_AL8

Caps are pretty random too, but I get such a kick out of playing The Midnight's Days of Thunder (LRM's).
youtube.com/watch?v=UiSB2Fbw9gs

My Core Worlder Anthem
youtube.com/watch?v=OPNv5e9Cu6w

My Robe favs
Bring the Light by Dallas
youtube.com/watch?v=dyk0AeyKtLE
Uninstall , the Bokurano Opening
youtube.com/watch?v=05p646nlYS0
And both the Protomen Albums plus Zeon themes from various Gundam

My FWL music is all over the place
My Regulan stuff is all about dwarves and explosions.

I never play the Lyrans.

And I'll also have some stuff like Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds, Leslie Fish's stuff like Avalon is Risen or Finity's End, Mercedes Lackey like Herald's,Harpers and Havoc, Blind Guardian's Nightfall in Middle-Earth or Brenden Small's Galaktikon I/II, Doomstar or whatnot. Just kind of depends on what I feel like. Sometimes I just want instrumentals like Dynatron or Depressive Silence or various movie OST's.

The chick that the pilot's patterned off of has got to be the hottest brunette ever. Would conquer Cappies for.

Sabaton, Motorhead, for me. Girlschool if I'm in a mood. Nothing factional so much as just getting a lot of bpm and a lot of angry crunch. Bonus points for Sabaton sometimes singing about the same historical moments that founded BattleTech's original houses.

>Everyone Else is an Asshole
Approved.

I think the pic is like 10years old.

She looks like she would be a Cappie, mongrels that they are.

That's all right. When I mix my superior Davion genetics with that lovely, um... war bride, well a superior form of Cappie can take over that little green area.

>In the Deep, you don't need to be able to actually repel a pirate Leopard fully-loaded.
Of course in those kinds of places a fully loaded pirate Leopard is quite possibly beat up old bugs that aren't working quite right, like something out of 3025 era scenario book. The ASF are probably the bigger issue and would also probably be in better shape.

>It's not many people who can hear "I Can Make You a Man" and still make good tactical decisions.

Given the number of Anons who play/have played BT with while in the military or with their fraternity brothers, I don't think this is a prudent assumption to make.

That said, everyone in the FLGS knows when the lads are hot-dropping in because 8 D cell ghetto blaster plays the following over the mission brief.
youtube.com/watch?v=eFFgbc5Vcbw

>Maybe the only reason Grognak VII still has functional mechs is because they need that heavy firepower to kill the herculean horseshoe crabs the size of large tanks that come out of the sea every eleven years and turn the coastal cities into a kaiju movie.
>Whelp, fuck. Now that has to happen. I'ma have to scratchbuild a bunch of 1/285th kaiju crab monsters. This'll be a surprise mission for Cincy in the next merc contract or two.

As a side note, it is suprisingly difficult to track down horseshoe crab models in an appropriate size for a BT game. Reaper has a couple of normal crabs, and I found one on Shapeways, but recasting shit off Shapeways is a titanic PITA.

www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Razig/latest/14501#detail/14501_w_3
www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/crab/latest/03608#detail/03608_w_1
www.shapeways.com/product/P8SZ8HHFD/horseshoe-crab-2?optionId=42413914&li=marketplace

Anybody else manage to find anything? I'd really like to not have to greenstuff a half-dozen kaiju crabs from scratch, if only because making them match is really tough when you're freehand sculpting a bunch of obstensibly identical things.

Got you covered. When you need tiny animal stuff, and the usual sources fail, always turn to keychains and jewelry.

ebay.com/itm/Horseshoe-Crab-Keychain-Fine-Pewter-Silver-Key-Chain-Ring/182411565444?hash=item2a78939984:g:VxYAAOSw5cNYbk7y

etsy.com/listing/117660826/bronze-horseshoe-crab-bottle-opener
This was the closest so far. With all the animal related gashapon there are you'd think it'd be easier.

Nice. Thank you both.

Ok, off to run the BT campaign game today. Let's see if they remember how to NOT get defeated in detail by a Lance each of Maxims and Saladins this time.

Campaign Outro:
youtube.com/watch?v=wRWCK9zGynA

What's the Dixieland of BattleTech?

The Federated Suns's Outback

Never did I imply they were gonna be weirded out by it. More like "singing along." The Time Warp is banned from the FLGS because people stop playing.

Fedsuns outback

So what'd I miss?

>Dream Evil
Mah Nigga...

Not a whole lot
What you drawing next?

Old Kentucky in the CapCon for a start
sarna.net/wiki/Old_Kentucky

The founding of Hello Catapult Land.

Do the Scorpion, man!

Do a classic Goliath, with the big clompy feet and the gun turret and everything.

>3S
shit taste
2S master race

tfw started with MW4 and loved the Uziel there but everyone who sees me use the 2S thinks I'm a munchkin

Please don't forget to tag your generals by including "general" in the title line so they don't bypass the filters. Thanks.

Usually we do, user just forgot to include it this time. Apologies, wasn't intentional.

I unironically love that goofy ass POS, the 3S. 2S isn't full on munch mode though. Next time pull out the 8S and eat all their lights for breakfast.

>using lights
>laughingcanopians.hpg

Hello Catapult Land?

>2S
no
8S

Not much.
Is there any chance of seeking a nightsky whose pilot has braces? Pretty please?

Tabletop? Not much, if at all. Though the MW2 and MW2: Mercs soundtracks are great. When playing MWO, it's all synthwave all the time. Gotta go full 80s.

Couple of us asked for the Firefly a bit ago. Not trying to spam the request but just so you know it's out there. Personally I'd like the pilot to be in a high-cut one-piece but you're the artist.

Also props for doing the 3S. And when do you usually stream, if you do? Art streams are chill and now that Shimmy hardly does them anymore a new one to hang out in would be swell.

Has there ever been an attempt to see what sort of battlemech unit Veeky Forums would be if everyone's mech were based off their results from this?

>Which Mech are you?
4screens.net/e/561e91608ff884010057d3b4

I can only imagine the resultant legion would be a bit lopsided.

Here is what I got.

It has a sum total of like 6 mechs. This is at best, a 3025 company from an AU where Light Mechs are stupidly rare and Assaults are dirt common.

That's unfortunate. I'll have to go looking for another one.

>HBS_Shiv just kindly provided the list of Mechs used in the "What Mech Are You?" quiz. We hope this helps!
>Atlas
>Panther
>Commando
>Thunderbolt
>Cataphract
>Raven
>Banshee
>Hunchback
>Victor
>Grasshopper
>Centurion

You're right, that's not much.

I got Hunchback. Which is odd because I only play Lights in MWO. The questions are all dumb because it somehow implies that Light 'Mech pilots are crazy suicidal idiots when that's only half true.

>4screens.net/e/561e91608ff884010057d3b4

I was expecting something medium-heavy like a Wolverine or T-Bolt.

I laughed pretty hard at this one

If I wasn't so terrible at programming I'd make one myself.

An imageboard to surpass Successor State borders.

Well, I'm a thud. Not a surprise, since it's probably my favorite mech overall

You ninja'd my Uziel request.

If you haven't done a Bushwacker yet, could you do one with a Steiner pilot? IIRC braided hair is something some LCAF MechWarriors are big into.

>Atlas
STOMP STOMP

Two more Atlases and we can make a lance!

>like going fast and being first
>get centurion

2 x Thunderbolts
2 x Atlases
1 x Hunchback
1 x Victor
1 x Panther
1 x Centurion

Anybody else playing the beta for that game? Fun as fuck. And it's not even fine tuned yet.

Is it just successions war or will it advance to clan shit?

>tfw you're a fucking Commando

Succession war with lostech sprinkled in. Depending on success they've talked about advancing to CI.

Nothing wrong with it. It's a fine model of battle armor.

I got another Atlas, which means the HBS game need the Mackie or Perseus,

/btg/'s Harebrained Company

Assault Lance

3 x Atlas
1 x Victor

Standard Lance

2 x Thunderbolt
1 x Hunchback
1 x Panther

Light Lance

1 x Centurion
1 x Commando

Who /aurigan/ here?

Literal whos don't get love for a reason. No one cares about your shitty faction that got beaten by mercenaries and Taurians.

And make the pilot a Marik girl on all fours looking over her shoulder at the viewer.

Hey /btg/ - I got a question. By 3145 Clan Wolf has stolen a lot of Battletech production facilities in the former FWL and LC, right? And it said that it was producing mechs at those places still to outfit their second line galaxies.

I'm just wondering what mechs they are actually producing like that - its a little unclear in some cases what is still operational.

I know Kali Yama and Corean fall under that at least, yeh?

Kaliyama and everything else on Kalidasa was Tractorteched under the RotS. The wolves are now producing new mixtech machines like the Orion C there.

No Wasp, no Hunchback, no Trebuchet, no Orion.

Actually, they lost both their Treb factories to the RotS back in the day. At least Stewart kept making mechs.

>Why did they do that when they had an actual sword?
Firstly, to showcase how Gipsy Danger/Raleigh Beckett fight: improvisational, brutal, unpredictable, and out-and-out *dirty*. Other Jaegers have formal styles and methodical approaches; Gipsy/Raleigh just kicks your ass as hard as they can, any way they can. "Cheating" by loading their fists with shipping containers or bringing a goddamn baseball boat to a fist-fight? "That's just how we roll!"

Secondly, to preserve the narrative surprise for Mako's big "FOR MY FAMILY!" moment.
(In the lore, the Mori family were traditional Japanese swordmakers, and she found a way to honour that legacy and avenge her parents (and her new family/fellow pilots.)

Another centurion

Assault Lance

3 x Atlas
1 x Victor

Standard Lance

2 x Thunderbolt
1 x Hunchback
1 x Panther

Light Lance

2 x Centurion
1 x Commando

Wait, so wouldn't Stewart make Trebuchets then? IIRC it could make Trebs, Locusts and the big quads like Goliath and Sirocco.

Unclear what Stewart made for the RotS. DA novel's I've read make it seem like the Ghost, Shockwave and similar Republic mechs replaced classic lines at Stewart and Irian. Though I'm pretty sure they make the RotS PP Locust in place of the old Locust line.

Add another Atlas to that.

lyranreconlance.hpg
... sooo, bump the Victor down to the Standard lance and the Panther to the Light Lance?

>raven
well alright

>atlasfags

This is my post to wonder at the stupidity of giving factories to the Republic while demilitarizing. The Republic came about because the Successor States did not have enough combat power to resist the Word of Blake's surpise attacks. Surrendering arms leaves everyone more vulnerable to upstart legions conquering huge swaths of the Sphere with only the Rotties to bain everyone out.....

Devlin Stone is a gay furry space communist plant who wants a couple thousand autistic tube babies to rule over all of humanity's billions.

Welcome to the 'fun' of having to retroactively justify the Dark Age setting as-written.

The Derp Age was shit so a lot of things leading into it make no sense and never will.

Why didn't CGL just retcon the whole DA from the start? Were they too lazy?

It was FanPro back then, and when they got the IP rights, they came with a contractual obligation to keep the DA as canon. They did the best they could....

Laziness is the name of CGL's game.

See ilClan

They just want to put in the bare minimum and outsource as much as possible for as cheaply as possible

Ah, I figured it was something legal like that. A shame.

>with only the Rotties to bain everyone out.....

That was the whole point of the exercise. To make it so that the major powers were all vulnerable to the Piranha Principle again and that the RotS getting involved would be the tipping point of the conflict.

Add to that how the Capellans had Coleman and never demilitarised and the Bears have Leviathans and never wound down other assets the way they were meant to and you can see how the metaplot was intended to go.

I wonder how Lyrans feel about the war of the 39 fizzling because Hanse blinked despite winning, the Clan invasion swallowing so many worlds because Hanse never committed to a serious counterattack, the civil war that split the nation, the jihad that set it aflame, the dark age years that saw it stagnate and weaken, and now the Clan DP that threatens to consume the Commonwealth whole.

Being a Lyran is suffering.

>They did the best they could....

Bull fucking shit.

They may not have been able to change established facts, but part of what makes the dark ages so goddamn disappointing is the vast amount of nothing going on. They had plenty of blank space they could have worked inside of.

The Clan Invasion should have come from the east. that way FWL and CC aren't affected like before but now the federated suns part of the FedCom is getting buttfucked along with the DC instead of the Lyrian part.

I got commando myself.

We know how they feel. It's how Katrina got so much of the Commonwealth to split with her. They took out all of their frustrations with the feddies during the fedcom Civil War.

The vast amount of nothing was DA canon. "Muh fifty years of peace and shit" was literally one of the first sentences written about the DA. And Devlin Stone's first two acts as new God Emperor of Terra in the 3080's was "Diversity at the point of a gun." and "Surrender your mechs.". That ain't Catalyst. That's 2003 DA RotS Dossier.

The honest dumb thing though is how the jump to 3145 was handled. A bunch of worlds change hands but the metaplot basically grinds to a halt after 3138. You look at all the crazy shit that happens between 3132 and 3137 then it's just like coasting until 3150. It's a case all across the board of "What was X doing in 3138? Well they're still doing it."

The Pirahna Princple where the Wobbies attack five Successor States at the same time and there's only one army to rescue everyone. I'll concede that all the States save the Cappies and Burrs aren't nearly the prizes they were, but Stone is still all but surrendering the Sphere to anybody who comes along.

Assault Lance

4 x Atlas

Standard Lance (Heavy)

2 x Thunderbolt
1 x Hunchback
1 x Victor (reassigned from Assault Lance)

Light Lance (Reinforced)

2 x Centurion
1 x Commando
1 x Panther (reassigned from Standard Lance)

Light Lance

1 x Raven
1 x Commando

Nah, I'm not talking about the 50 years of peace. I'm talking about the way that when the blackout hits, all the houses, all the clans, spend YEARS just sitting on their hands. At the onset of the blackout, it's entirely focused on the lawnmower jousting and faction themed pirate bands inside the republic, while everyone else does nothing.

It's about a year and a half. And there are no faction-themed pirates outside the Steel Wolves. Pretty much what happened is every single prefecture governor went rogue and turned as many prefecture troops with them that they could. Those were the subfactions. Same thing happened in the Combine at the same time.

And that certainly couldn't be changed because that's the period covered in minute detail by the original DA material. There's no blank space for CGL to work with there.

Yes, it is a Deep Periphery state comprised of Catapults, their pilots, and their support infrastructure.

>And there are no faction-themed pirates outside the Steel Wolves.

Are you being pedantic about the term "Pirates"?

The Steel Wolves were a Wolf flavored micro-faction. The Spirit Cats were Nova Cat flavored. The Dragon's Fury were Combine flavored. There was a FedSuns flavored one, later on a Lyran flavored one, the only subfactions that weren't "somebody cosplaying as an external power" were the Highlanders and Bannson's Raiders.

>And that certainly couldn't be changed because that's the period covered in minute detail by the original DA material. There's no blank space for CGL to work with there.

Maybe you're just dense. It was covered in detail... inside the republic. Everything outside the republic was completely and totally ignored.

No. Read the actual DA novels that cover this. You think Aaron Sandoval would have been invited to Victor's funeral if he was a pirate?

Stormhammers weren't a "later on" either. They were straight up the son of the Duke of Skye with all the Prefecture forces he commanded who took them to the Lyrans from the very beginning to ask them to take back Skye into the LC and they gave him their blessing and some machines.

All of what you call "pirates" minus Banon and the Steel Wolves were straight up turncoat state forces, Triarii, Hastati, etc. allied with their local governor, governors that weren't even disavowed by the central authority on Terra half the time.

And we see exactly what was going on outside the Republic. It's not empty. It's a bunch of people sitting on their asses. Lyrans were supporting the attack into Skye before the Falcons started spooling up on them. We see Baskeball Liao unmothballing whole regiments and drumming up new troops for Capellan Crusades 2:Liao Boogaloo. We see Harrison banging his clan whore while waiting to see if the Republic can get their shit together before he starts in on the feeding frenzy despite them being an ally. The Coordinator is purposefully sitting on his ass to drive others into conquering in his name so he can still pretend to be a Republic ally and keep off from declaring war to the last possible second. And the FWL is shuffling their stalemate around while Oriente prepares to invade the RotS, Regulus tries to re-expand their trade routes, Marik-Stewart is trying to pull a Liao while retreating to a more defensible position at the same time, and Andurien is trying to find a way to tell everyone to fuck off with the Caps at their backs.

>Assault Lance
>4 x Atlas
If we get many more we'll have to use them as the scout lance.

Add another Centurion to the unit.

How it got centurion I'll never know. I figured it'd be a medium but...meh.

Throw a raven on the pile. At least until the locust gets added.

I got an Atlas.

Fit them with long toms so we can get some arty in there.

Scout Lance

4 x Atlas

Assault Lance

1 x Atlas

Standard Lance (Heavy)

2 x Thunderbolt
1 x Hunchback
1 x Victor

Light Lance (Reinforced)

2 x Centurion
1 x Commando
1 x Panther

Light Lance (Reinforced)

2 x Raven
1 x Commando
1 x Centurion

I got an Atlas. It's a bit odd because I expected to get a light, but the atlas its one of my prefered assaults so I don't complain.