Objectively the best setting

Objectively the best setting

Finnfriend plz go

>Moominvalley in November (Swedish: Sent i november, 'Late in November'; Finnish: Muumilaakson marraskuu) is the ninth and final book in the Moomin series by Finnish author Tove Jansson, and was first published in both her native Swedish and English in 1971. Set contemporaneously with her previous novel Moominpappa at Sea (1965), it is the only installment in the series where the titular Moomin family are actually absent. Instead it focuses on a set of other characters, including Snufkin, who come to live at Moominhouse during the onset of winter whilst its inhabitants are away, and the various interactions which they have with each other.

>Like Moominpappa at Sea, the work is more somber in tone than previous books in the series, and it has been suggested that this is a direct result of the death of Jansson's mother, Signe Hammarsten-Jansson, during the year that it was written. Because of this, it has been described as being a "textbook on letting go, being a mature orphan, existing spiritually alone" and features a young orphan looking for a mother as one of its primary characters. Following this work, Jansson later stated that she "couldn't go back and find that happy Moominvalley again" and so decided to stop writing the Moomin books

He's right, though. It lends itself well to grand adventures of saving the world (or at least your little corner of it), to comfy light-hearted shenanigans, to going exploring the world outside.
The whole thing just feels magical in all the good ways.

I wonder how it feels to be Finnish and know that most of the world only recognizes you for a children's book series and a cellphone manufacturer.

Also Linux, and chances are you've bought something that used packaging by a Finnish manufacturer at some point. They sell all over the world.

And Nokia used to make some damn good rubber boots.

I said "recognizes you". Most people out there barely know Linux exists, much less where it came from, and you're deluded if you think they pay any mind to where the packaging for the products they buy is produced.

It's the same as the Israelis always being butthurt that everyone hates them even though most modern consumer electronics use technology they developed. They have this revenge fantasy where people boycott them completely then suddenly return to the stone age and realize the error of their ways. People just don't give enough of a shit to bother checking, and if they did they wouldn't care anyway.

Damn.

It's like the woman who made that morrowind villager mod and stopped after her kid got really sick.

Tragic stuff.

Really had to get one in on the Israelis eh user

Probably a refugee from one of the recent CofD threads, it's all the rage there nowadays.

Oh, another retard who overuses the word objectively-
>Moomin Valley
...I withdraw my objection.

Can't argue here tb h, counting the mountains and the Autocrat's kingdom it's got pretty much everything.

Why should we Finns care if the rest of the world knows of us or not? I have no desire for global relevance and fame. We have our own little save heaven up here (or at least we used to) and the less the world knows about us the better. The world and it's peoples are a threat to my people.

Yeah but ask the world who makes Nokia and they'll all tell you it's Japan so Finngols btfo

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrr