>Trove:
pastebin.com/raw/QWyBuJxd

>Online Tools:
pastebin.com/raw/KKeE3etp

>Blogosphere:
pastebin.com/raw/ZwUBVq8L

>Prior jej:
→ # → #

What will your character do if and after successfully retiring?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z9FfI4-oRDo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_worship
translate.google.com/translate?u=https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/コロポックル
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_worship#Ainu_bear_worship
odd74.proboards.com/thread/12481
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So, I really hope this isn't threadsinking, but you guys and your knowledge of D&D before it was AD&D are my only hope:

I know the Faerie Dragon was one of the first of the miniature dragons that AD&D collectively named the Dragonets, appearing first in Dragon #62 and then the Monster Manual II, but what about its counterpart the Pseudodragon? Can anyone clue me in as to the origins of that particular beastie?

How do people feel about a social class- the best at reaction checks, trading, hirelings, and getting access to nobles' masuleoms and all that stuff?

What would it need to have added to it to mane it interesting and not shitty?

Think about it in a non-mechanical way: Why would a person have better reaction checks from monsters when he steps into it's lair?

Providing you're not a monster, to begin with.

Then, once you got this covered, ask youself: Which kind of person in real life would have it really easy to get hirelings?

Probably a famous person (a youtuber in our world, a great hero in a common rpg world), because everybody would dream to fight for you and share your glory.

Possibly that kind of things are only to be modified by character's level, and maybe even only if its likely that your reactive target has heard about you.

If you we're allowed to play as a monster in the next session, which one would you pick? You can be as classical or weird as you want.

What if technology was near-modern in a D&D world, but it was risky to use it on dungeons because it was prone to get seized by dungeon spirits into breaking/working against the wielder?

It would give clerics a spotlight, giving them the chance to exorcize electronical devices

Reposting this from since apparently is the wrong new thread.

I'm new to DMing OSR games and could use some advice. Without miniatures, how do you handle dungeon exploration and combat effectively? My group uses Theater of the Mind™ and I feel like I'm shit at it.

In my games, dungeon exploration is basically a point crawl where the players tell me which tunnel they're going down next. So far I've handwaved varying movement speeds due to encumbrance because I can't figure out how manage it without making everybody play out one round at a time with miniatures and a grid.

I'm terrible at tracking combat in my head and communicating the positioning to my players, so it always turns into a melee slugfest. When each player gets their turn, they just tell me who they attack. There is no strategy, flanking, ranged attacks, or magic. Just two sides clashing together in melee. When they get in over their head, they all run without an attack of opportunity because I have no clue who is engaged with which enemy.

How can I handle this better? How do other DMs manage dungeon exploration and combat without using miniatures? Should I just bite the bullet and order the Pathfinder Bestiary box?

use drawings. No need for fancy ones, I've used positions on a squared notebook for combats, and I've used just scribbles with no grid of any sort.

Or alternatively use minis. But don't buy them if you dont want: a pencil sharpener and a rubber can work, beer bottles, cigarettes, bent cardboard...

And, as a gm, the last word is on you. If in your mind the PCs cannot flank a dragon, describe them why and don't let them unsay your words

Reposting my reply from that thread

Use a map. Most OSR games are made with the assumption that you have a "mapper" that draws the dungeon in graph paper according to your descriptions

Nice thread, asshole.

a Balrog

A clan giovanni vampire. Bloodsucking and with a bunch of undead servants. BUAHAHAHAHAHA.

I use dry erase markers and whiteboard. The ritzy boards schools use cost and arm and a leg, but you can get 'good enough' stuff for like $15.

Monster Manual.

I think Judges Guild already did social status well.
youtu.be/Z9FfI4-oRDo

Invisible stalker.

Just wanted to jump in and say I missed that about old-school games. I was playing pathfinder and the GM tried to say I needed to make craft:cartographer checks to scratch a quick map of the complex. It was bull crap.

>asshole
That's uncalled for. The previous thread was active when I went to bed, and people normally look for a new thread before making one.

I generally fluff technolophiles as MUs (but not all MUs as technolophiles, mind you) though i could see that falling apart at near-modern tech.
Shoehorning it into cleric doesn't seem like the right call though. Either it's important enough for its own class or general enough for Fighting-Men.

Some user on drugs came up with an idea on another thread that struck me as some good material for an OSR game:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_worship >on drugs
If you ever feel like going on a trip, salvia divinorum has no known long-term effects, no negative short-term effects, and is legal in most places.

Would bears be relevant to a game that takes place in a lotus pond?

Maybe. Maybe not. Posted it because Ainu folklore has a similar concept translate.google.com/translate?u=https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/コロポックル
Bear worship is the most distinctively Ainu thing I could thing of. As an aside, the nip word kami is believed to come from the Ainu word for bear.

Wouldn't it come from "Kamui", Ainu for "god"?

Apparently it's the same: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_worship#Ainu_bear_worship

>the Blackmoor campaign ran RuneQuest for a while
>the Greyhawk campaign ran RuneQuest for a while
Huh. Neat.

Whiiiiiiich is also the Ainu word for whaaaaaat~?

How to make Fighters interesting?

Fighters are supposed to be boring

odd74.proboards.com/thread/12481
1 minute combat rounds and fluff.

Gygax learned in 72 but to the bets of my knowledge there's no year for the Sir Fang story,