EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previous Thread: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Who is the first target tonight?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-11-17-dragon-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-10-17-creatureless-mogis/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/giant-implacable-death-laser/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/buy-one-get-one-dead/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The fat cunt elephant in the sewers of dark chronicle

You, because you forgot the Edition again. Fag.

>forget
nope, i left it out on purpose. fuck you

Then don't FUCKING MAKE THE THREAD YOU FUCKING ASSWIPE! People find the fucking thread by crtl+f = "EDHG"

If you're going to be a troll or a petty piece of shit let some one else make it so we can actually find the god damn thread.

Maybe try reading the title again.

>being this mad about a thread on Veeky Forums

wew lad user your tism is showing

>first target
ezuri, because I don't want to take more than half my life total in damage turn fucking four. Fuck elves.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Post em ~

>Who is the first target tonight?

I don't understand this question??

It could be taken many ways:
>Is there a player you usually target first?
>Is there a playstyle you usually target first?
>Is there a specific commander you usually target first?
>Is there something someone might do to make you target them first?

>Thread question
The Daretti player.
>Oops I comboed off turn 4 again XD

could you guys give me some help here?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-11-17-dragon-edh/

need more card draw

yeah daretti is pretty lame. he doesn't even utilize any spicy tech. it's literally just the same artifacts that most every other deck runs.

Mogis decklist plz!

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-10-17-creatureless-mogis/

No one ever reads or rates them though.

I put a bunch of stuff in my maybeboard for Ghalta Death Laser. Any thoughts on what some good swaps and cuts would be?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/giant-implacable-death-laser/

You still need Food Chain in. If you can grab Aluren, it's clearly not budgetarily impossible.

Yessir

I'm none too happy about most of its reaching implications but grats on planeswalker becoming legendary, sounds like you got a lot nastier for it.

Man, I have genuinely never had extra mana in Hope, besides an obvious but rare mana flood, I don't know how you do.

Nykthos for a Forest. Conifer Strider and the two energy cards should be replaced with more sensible overlarge creatures like Gigapede and Primeval Protector.

I wouldn’t run Compost, unless you genuinely are guaranteed to be playing against a black deck.

I like the two energybabs because together it lets me cast Greenbelt any number of times as long as I have mana. Is that too janky or wishful of a combination? Even on his own, Greenbelt is effectively a 3 mana 3/4 that activates ETB and cast effects three times.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/giant-implacable-death-laser/
>titania's chosen
you should run forgotten ancient instead. it combos with gyre sage nicely.

>longtusk cub
>leatherback baloth
>herd gnar
>conifer strider
>greenbelt rampager
eh

consider adding shaman of forgotten ways, monstrous onslaught, vehicles, better fatties

i read them but when you post the same image every day for weeks on end in every thread it gets stale quickly

Using the cat precon as a base, how can I upgrade it with Mirri as commander for a Cat Tribal deck

Why would you make it tribal with Mirri instead of Arahbo? Arahbo is one of the only reasons to actually bother playing cat tribal.

I was also thinking of Mirri Hatebears too, so I chose rhat

I can't decide which mono white deck to build. I don't want anything creature based.

So I think my only option is....???

Hatebears isn't gonna be cat tribal really. Only a few of the playable hatebears are cats. Really though, if you want to play hatebears, play Gaddock Teeg, he's way better at it.

I've heard that teeg is better in the 99 than a commander, what is your opinion on that?

Not a fan of your generals at all. But hey, if you got the meta for it.

Oof. I’m sorry.

Respect for Heliod.

Post Bruna. Always wanted to build that deck. Mine was more flavor and angel tribal though.

With 13 decks, I’m unlikely to have a new one sprout out. Plus, I made this image last week so meh!

Fair point. Is there no other more resilient outlet for the energy? I guess not.

Chandra can’t ever be good. Reki ended up running like 6. I finally bought a Karn. No Doubling season though, it was way deader than I thought. The deck needs to reliably hit creatures to draw cards, so walkers aren’t as crazy as you would hope.

Unfortunately, Cub is the only way in green to dump the elephant's energy. Still, I just cut them both for more consistently valuable cards.

I've played against a series of very strong Teeg decks, it is definitely powerful enough to handle itself. If you want hatebears, you could do a lot worse than Captain Hatebear.

>Oof. I’m sorry.
but why?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/buy-one-get-one-dead/

I have just about 0 Voltron focus, mind you. So it may not be what you're looking for.

Not a lot of success stories in that image. And even the ones that survived feel like Pyrrhic victories.

Yeah, you’re playing monogreen Dinostorm, you probably have “cool interaction” points out the ass by now.

Why would I want Voltron? That’s a similar list to what I threw up, lots of silly angels. I’m gonna try to get something going. It might even play better with all the new tribal cards from commander. White is my least favorite color, but something about playing this awful EDH color appeals to me.

to be fair my play group is super casual and im basically the only one who works on decks after completion so my decks slowly get more and more tuned to the meta until im basically playing arch enemy. i am salty about the sen triplet one though, that deck was fun to play until my group got mega butthurt over it. triplets are not even good, they are so easy to stop. even if i get one or two cards from someone unless im straight up stealing your wincon it should be the biggest deal in a casual meta

I had a guy locally get his Sen Triplets get hated out, too. It was actually a pretty fair deck, and he was an enjoyable opponent, but good stuff babbies saw his commander as a boogeyman, and since he didn't wanna play any commander besides Sen, he kinda just stopped playing.

It isn't even too big a problem assuming you built your deck on synergy instead of just pure bombs. Most cards in most of my decks are fairly inert out of context.

thinking about making jeleva instead cause its basically the same thing but would be more unassuming

>days off work
>mindlessly grinding out Warframe for about 30 hours over 2.5 days
>Brother comes up to me
>"Hey man you see the new Crank mechanic"
>Nigger the what I'm THIS close to Valkyr Prime I will end you
>"Ya know, MtG shit."
>Rivals of Ixalan shouldn't have a mechanic called Crank
>must be from Unstable
>die because I was astounded that he'd take a silver-bordered card seriously despite being an avid player from 8th edition-Alara

Don't drink too much guys.
Your brain will erode no matter how lightly you take it.

Maybe he likes fun.

What general haunts your nightmares /edhg/?

I faced this super tuned Gitrog deck once. Quickest game of my life.

Git gud

/sthg/

I mean Mizzix. Fuck those decks.

>playing Warframe that much
>criticizing someone else's taste
pick your battles dude yikes

generally any storm general

You could play that, he's pretty great. If "Not creature based" can include "Commander based, but my commander is basically my only creature" you could play 8.5 tails or Sram.

Anything super popular at the moment, so anything new. Flavor of the month decks are a blight upon the landscape and I despise them all. The only guys I respect are people who have been playing those decks *before* the new general was released and just picked it up because it's the general they've been waiting for all along. Those guys are alright because they're playing the deck out of love for the deck. Flavor of the month players are shitters who can't do anything original or have passion of their own.

Marchesa was my fallback if I didn't like Edgar. Still want to build her and Ishkanah at some point. How do you like Radha?

Might be lack of card draw. It had a budget core and is playable-but-not-really-done.

It started as Heretic Cathar hatebears, but being my first commander deck I had no idea how to get around my own control effects and broke it into Heliod. Our local meta isn't blazing fast so I can get away with it.

Mogis is on my to-do list, my friend loves stompy Rakdos so I want control Rakdos to beat him. Looking at Sen Triplets for a stax commander; I'm not surprised people hate it on sight. Tazri has kind of the same rep.

Hexproof in general, Uril in particular.

I recommend against Ishkanah until more cohesive support is printing. As for Mar, she’s super fun. Monarch introduces a good element to the game and deathtouch helps a lot with keeping it.

Radha has been a very fun deck as it relies on a tried and true strategy in EDH. Big mana. I’ll admit, it feels hard to justify casting her for anything more than 4, unlike cheapo generals like Jori En or Reki who at least draw cards. She’s ultimately not as important to the deck as I hoped, but she’s a very good early play and she fits the deck’s theme a lot. Lots of fun mana sinks in these colors.

>functioning member of society
>does drugs and drinks alcohol
>still using the Virgin/Chad meme

Really gets my neurons firing.

New Emrakul (Eldrazi + ramp tribal), simply because the guy kept taking my turns and killing everyone while crippling me. Happened like 6 times in one night with 6 different decks. Guess I should be flattered that I was the only one with a turn worth stealing so many times in a row but goddamn if I don't groan a little whenever that guy decides to play that deck.

No green, no life.

Updated. At this point I'm planning on making a deck for every 2 color combination.
R8, H8, Appreci8!

>cedh fun times
Fuck off retard

>getting mad about cedh
>almost 2018

No you fuck off

>t. Turbo fag
Let folks play how they like. cEDH is just fine.

cEDH is Vintage-lite and as long as someone isn't playing a top tier deck against shits like precons it's perfectly fine. Stop being a pauperfag and ruining the format with your idea of how it should be played.

>painters servant is banned because painter+grindstone is hitler
>crucible of worlds is okay because crucible+strip mine is ???

All the decks are pretty budget, probably around $75-100. Honestly I just really like aggro. The pirate one hasn't been played yet. Since there's not a lot of good pirates there's lots of clone type things and cards that outright steal opponents stuff. Also lots of on flavor cards as well. Definitely play in a pretty casual play group but I could probably make a few of them more competitive.

The first is an instant win the other is a once per turn combo that can easily be turned off with removal.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand cEDH. The lines of play are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of deckbuilding most of the games will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Reddit's top tier netdecks, which are deftly purchased for skillful gameplay- those five thousand dollar decks draw heavily from skill intensive fast mana, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these turn 2 games, to realise that they’re not just skill testing- they say something deep about MAGIC. As a consequence people who dislike cEDH truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the brilliance in a skillful turn 2 ad nauseam which itself is reliant on abusing a 40 life total format with all of the fast mana you need. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as some Redditor’s genius wit unfolds itself on their tabletop. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Doomtide Thrasios deck. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within $500 spent of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

>stale meme

>competitive EDH shitters infecting my board
Out.

>instant win
Unless you mill an eldrazi, then it's useless
>turned off with removal
And what mana pays for that removal?

>being autistic

>mfw everyone's showing off their decks

>guy posts list where 1/4 decks is competitive
>shitters shit up thread with autistic rage and furry that someone plays the game differently than them

This is why people look down upon Commander players just so you know.

Man, glad to see you grasped that all of us just said "some folks like to play this way".
Top bait lad

If you like to play EDH competitively, there's something inherently wrong with you.

>why don't you play the way I do you must be retarded or something?!?
Four year olds struggle with conceptualising that the world thinks differently than they do. Are you four?

i dont understand this meme

>tfw people give me compliments for running Licia
S-she's not that bad guys
It's not like I'm handicapping myself or anything

>I want to spend ten thousand dollars on a casual format so that I can win on turn 2
This doesn't demand higher thinking.

So do you build her voltron with some lifegain on the side?

Comp decks can be built for as little as $200. Good ones, as low as $500. Your world view is skewed

>I want to spend five hundred dollars on a casual format so that I can win on turn 2
This doesn't demand higher thinking.

Stop shitting up the thread autist

>people have fun in different ways
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>mfw a cEDH shitter talks about his Selvala Brostorm deck to my face

New dino legend has built in cost reduction which allows a number of 3 card combos where he can be cast indefinitely and raise storm count to any number you'd like.

You have to have a very high IQ to understand cEDH. The lines of play are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of deckbuilding most of the games will go over a typical player’s head. There’s also Reddit's top tier netdecks, which are deftly purchased for skillful gameplay- those five thousand dollar decks draw heavily from skill intensive fast mana, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these turn 2 games, to realise that they’re not just skill testing- they say something deep about MAGIC. As a consequence people who dislike cEDH truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the brilliance in a skillful turn 2 ad nauseam which itself is reliant on abusing a 40 life total format with all of the fast mana you need. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as some Redditor’s genius wit unfolds
itself on their tabletop. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Doomtide Thrasios deck. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within $500 spent of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

>dude it's fun it must be good!

Enjoy your vacation

Dumb competitive poster.

>who is the first target tonight
My friend runs his same Ur Dragon deck every week, I tell everyone not to sleep on him because he just sets up a haste enchantment and then has multiple 2 dragon kill everyone win conditions yet they still fall for his "I don't have anything on board, don't attack me" politics and then lose to him the following turn

It blows my mind when people collude with him every single time and end up enabling all of his combos then wonder why they lost

>Thread completely fucking obliterated because ONE guy has ONE deck that makes idiots REEEEEEE

The absolute state of Commander in 2017

Heh, well said brother. Competitive EDH is a legitimate format made to test the skill of Magic's finest. What shall you be playing tonight? An intelligent Flash Hulk build? A death defying ad naus scepter package? Storm? Just fire up tappedout and throw together the brilliantly engineered deck of your choice.

*bows honorably*

See you on the battlefield, fellow cEDHer.

You have yet to submit any actual argument, joke, or anything of interest to this thread. I cannot tell if you're a child who is home from school due to the weekend, or just incapable of comprehending that others have fun in ways that you may not agree with. The fact you did not sperg once during the last week's gay posting, competitive posting, and even song posting tells me the former option mixed a little with the latter is the cause.

That all being said, does anybody here know any fun ways to build Dimir Sygg? I wanna build drain or something fun, evasive beaters just seems boring.

Dumb competitive poster.

Asked this in the last thread but no response. Yawgmoth's Will goes in just about every black deck right?

List plox.

Not really, but it is goodstuff. Can be useful, but isn't necessarily required in decks with black.

Is Sliver Queen ranked higher than the other Sliver legends because infinite mana and sources of haste are incredibly easy in 5c?