It's Time: 2017 Veeky Forums Autumn Cup Quarterfinals

And we're back!

Following an anxious group stage where Veeky Forums barely emerged victorious, we are now in the Quarterfinals and guaranteed to promote to the Winter Cup along with our perennial rivals /co/. Unfortunately, Doomrider hasn't been the cocaine-fueled demon of goals that he was in previous years this time around, a fault that must be laid at the feet of our managers, who haven't bribed the Cup Committee with enough paints and coasters to rig the matches in our favor.

Our match today will likely take place at 3:45 PM EST, assuming only the normal level of delays and stoppages. The Cup is live now: simply visit implyingrigged.info for links and the full wiki of teams and cups.

Lastly, a brief poll to get people thinking about the roster for Winter:

strawpoll.me/14377315

Good luck /a/!

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/011qOR7qt0vo3Siiv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bra71l!

what is this?

Simulated foot-the-ball with teams made up of different memes from Veeky Forums boards run by PES AI.

So for example, Veeky Forums has Doomrider and That Guy and Stat Me as players, while /a/ has Cowboy Bebop and Yotsuba.

It's fun, we used to have a newspaper that ran every tournament, and people contribute art and things while watching the games.

Why are Veeky Forums's players such shit? Who picks them and how do we get them to stop?

The board picks them by polling. Anyone is free to name a player and Veeky Forums votes on who to get in.

The current roster is a mix of new guys and a bunch of old classic players. But you are never getting rid of Doomrider.

Ok, people are starting to pay attention to this thread so I guess we should qualify a few things.

This thread was NOT created by the management. The poll in the OP is NOT OFFICIAL. We do not run polls through strawpoll because they're impossible to actually review.

All that said...

>What the fuck is this?

A virtual divegrass tournament run in Pro Evolution Soccer and streamed for the enjoyment of anons everywhere.

>Why the fuck should I care?

Dank memes, top bants, bragging rights, and hype by the bucket load. For more info see implyingrigged.info

Good evening Veeky Forums. Tonight we take on /pol/ in the final game of the day in the Round of 16 for the 2017 Autumn Babby Cup. Kick off at 21:40 UTC (4:40 pm EST)

BUT BEFORE THAT...

/a/ ran a train over /n/, winning 7-1. /h/ are in action against /mlp/ right now (current score 1-1) and just before our match, our FLGS buddies /co/ take on /cm/ to set up a possible quarter final against ourselves.

SO GET HYPE AND WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

We punched our ticket to winter with -ease-, all things said and done. Having to sit and wait a whole weekend do to anything after we were the FIRST confirmed through to Winter was torture, but we're ready and excited to bring the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH to /pol/!

Just to say it, chances are we won't be making any changes to the roster until after winter since we'll have our aesthetics/blenders sorted by then. We don't have the luxury of be able to pump out new players with actual blenders like some other boards do.

We have a discord server set up for all things Veeky Forums Cup-related. So pop in if you want to talk about the team or just anything in general. discord.gg/011qOR7qt0vo3Siiv

/d/eviant here.

Good luck on your match today! Looking forward to /d/ "playing" with Veeky Forums in the winter cup.

And we got out of the group stages fairly well, hardly barely.

OH YEAH!

Tonight we take revenge for all the shitty baitposts.

>Revenge
We are /pol/, now and forever. Look at all the games people play:

>Shadowrun
>D&D
>Mechwarrior
Literally each and every one of these games is right-wing capitalist brainwashing. Only Eclipse Phase and Pathfinder are even slightly left-wing, and they still embrace the dominant neoliberal paradigm of capitalism being the default state of the world.

>Pathfinder
>slightly left-wing
Paizo writers are so far into the SJW bullshit that it isn't even funny

Veeky Forums is not /pol/.

This thread is about virtual memeball. Take the shitposting somewhere else.

fuck off shitpost. thin your paint will score tonight. screencap this.

>Pathfinder only slightly left-wing

Its like people have forgotten Amber Scott.

>people still watch this shit

If Pathfinder was left wing it wouldn't have classes.

That's why it's slight.

>an anxious group stage where Veeky Forums barely emerged victorious
What? We won our first two games and were even able to rest our metals in the third game, and still won the second half. We didn't end up with the top seed, but the managers are more confident in beating /pol/ than /mlp/ anyway.

>/a/ ran a train over /n/
It was really even for the first 75 minutes. Then /n/'s defense was too exhausted to keep doing their job. That's how we lost our only loss this cup, too.

The first two games were really low-scoring, and we only won the second one through a 90+.

The game against /mlp/ was also really, really close at the end and we only lost because of Rape.

>low-scoring
That's normal for soccer. The games we're seeing today are the weird ones.

Yeah but what that means is that Veeky Forums could've gotten choked out in any of those games.

>posting old Daily Neckbeard articles
>none for this cup
???

I wanted to make some for Summer and for Autumn but my financial situatio won't let me this year. I need to find a well-paying job before I can spend my spare time on it.

What RPGs feature car combat or good driving rules?

No idea. But I've had some fun car to car combat in Shadowrun 4e.

Though I think had more to do with circumstances and description than rules.

Wasn't there Lesbian Car Racers or something on Veeky Forums?

F-Zero RPG and Car Lesbians

>this fucking Veeky Forums game

Holy shit!

It's great.

So there's another 90 minutes until Veeky Forums plays right?

About that, not counting any potential extra times.

In theory, yes. In practice it'll be longer even without extra time.

One day, id love to see an ss13 character on the team. Just take a sprite of a grey tider, that or the captain and just call him "Condum"

This year's been pretty good desu

Oh yes, that would be fantastic

I don't know much about SS13 but how about Cuban Pete? Easy goalhorn too.

We just had a game go into overtime so the schedule is dragging on a little, 1-2 hours behind at this point.

So I haven't missed it?

Nope. We're running quite late.

You can also check the schedule on the wiki, although the times don't update, you can see which games are complete.

Right now, I'm just happy that I made it home from work in time to cheer on my favourite team.

So /co/ vs /cm/ haven't happened yet either?

Will start in around 5-10 mins

Up next. /wsg/ - /x/ just finished.

Hoping for an FLGS quarter-final tomorrow.

I haven't seen the cup for a year or two

How's Veeky Forums been doing after we won the cup that year?

What happened to Creed?

>What happened to Creed?
I believe he was voted out after he died in canon WH40k.

We've been through a bit of a rough patch but thinks are looking up since we've hit PES17. We've yoyo'd a bit but we're back in the Elites which is all that matters.

HOLY SHIT DOOM

I remember when we left the elites. Glad to hear we're back in!

DOOM SCORES AS HE PLEASES!

And that's it for /co/, we'll be facing them if we win.

Well we'd damn well better, that's too fun a game to miss.

FLGS matches are the best matches anyway

It's coming, it's coming, it's coming!

Holy shit, are we like 2 hours behind? This is overlapping with my pre-Toonami anime marathon stream.

WE'RE NEXT! HYP!

WAKE UP YA GITZ! IT'S TIME FER FOOTSLOGGIN'!

we next bois

We'll have to crush /pol/ first.

Agreed.

>Holy shit, are we like 2 hours behind?
Only like 80 minutes (each match is allocated 40 minutes due to eggstra time), which is pretty normal.

They always run late

Link?

May Nuffle bless our RNG

LET'S GOOOOOOOO

Oh no, our conditions are shit.

But how does the helmet fit over his cowlick?

If we can't keep /pol/'s cancer off our board, we can at least keep it out of the finals. Let's go, boys!

It's on smashcast.tv

Remember to create a nick so the /pol/acks don't drown us out

goldnami.com/gwei

>blue Bolas
>only one red
A-at least our defense is doing nicely

/co/ here
WIN FRIENDS, SO THE FLGS MAY LIVE!

Can I get a quick rundown on the arrows/ colours?

The arrows indicate form. So while a player might be a 77, if they're in good form they can perform above norm. Same as a hot or cold streak.

From what I remember, The arrows indicate condition - pointing up is best, pointing down is worst

>Pavel didn't know what Landschnekt was
What a terrible host.

They indicate player condition for the match (up/hot is best, down/cold is worst). Honestly doesn't count for as much as people think they do.

>nobody has scored on /pol/ this tournament
>three oranges and a red in the defense
>nothing better than green in our offense
So are we gonna aim for a tie?

Rolled 20 (1d20)

Not actually rolling for anything. Just giving the dice a spin.

Arrows pointing up means better condition (i.e. more stamina). Arrows pointing down means worse condition. The colours just correspond to their stamina level.

Conditions don't mean much for medal (higher stat) players though.

Wasted roll.

C O C A I N E
O
C
A
I
N
E