What's your BBEG's master plan?

What's your BBEG's master plan?

>bbeg

just say villain.

villain.

The same plan as every campaign, try to take over the world.

Idk, plunge the entire planet into hell or something I think. Haven't got that far yet.

Ripped straight out of Deltora quest, he's trying to silence the singing sisters eternal lullaby, which keeps a great beast asleep under the earth. Once their song is silenced the terrasque awakens and has a good time

He's trying to transfer everyone's souls into immortal vessels, except the process is flawed and all he's actually doing is "Convincing" the vessels they're the originals, while the process itself effectively liquefies all the actual originals. Also the vessels have a huge defect he's unaware of.

He's basically murdering the entire population but thinks it's okay because he's got everyone's soul uploaded on a backup drive. He doesn't.

Its just a really powerful wizard who went crazy and is now obsessing over slimes because he's convinced they hold the secret to life.

ugh

Wants to make money

Okay, big bad number 1 wishes to create a master race to kill his old allies' master race, and then use the master race to fight demons.

Big bad number 2 are the underground covenant creating the first master race to fight demons. Their master plan is to revive the original diety-level vampire to extract it's qualities for use in their master race. What could go wrong?

Big bad number three is manipulating the party to go through all of this, guiding them as they go. Surely the party will not expect a guiding, benevolent force that's been with them since the beginning to be the biggest bad of them all? It wishes to trick them into setting it lose upon the world, thinking that they are doing something good instead of unleashing an ancient evil upon the world.

Good example of a sympathetic villain who's still clearly in the wrong, I like it. What happens when he finds out the truth?

Trying to stop a non-sentient soul sickness from ruining the world and doing it by trying to break the seal containing it so he can fight it man-on-man.
He is not a clever man

To gather the broken fragments of his fellow demigods and reforge them, so that they can once again reign over the land.
So in short, to take over the world.

1. Blind the giant Tsilodem so he can finish his greatest work: the Lifesnare, a weapon the sight of which can kill.
2. Rebuild Sodir's Orrar: a device commissioned by the High King Ketran XII which allows the truth produced by true-seeing lenses to be split and shown to multiple viewers.
3. Go to The Old Tower, the tallest mountain in Lemuria, from which one can see both the east and the west, and in one fell swoop wipe out 90% of all life using the two devices previously mentioned.
4. Hope that it attracts the attention of Salkul, The Slain But Slumbering, so that he can kill the last of the Gods and hopefully create a new paradise for the BBEG and his people.

He is planning to get the party to find the four god chosen witches to the main city so he can get them to cast a unique spell that the party will believe to be a way to save a lot of damned souls, but will actually break the seal that will allow his master stuck on the moon to plan an invasion to stall the world for time as it begins to plummet into the planet.

To destroy the men of the West by staging a coup in the Orklands causing them to invade west then his armies invading south while the west is busy with the orcs so he can get the magic item he needs to assume full power before plunging the entire realm into a hellscape literally flowing with magic he can use to achieve godhood.

1st one are a cult that are missing the "gods" that created them so they are trying to bring them back. Problem is they can't without everyone on the planet dying first.
2nd one is just a lich that wants to have fun and see what happens when people die in different ways.
3rd one is the all consuming darkness that just wants to eats the universe until there is nothing left.

Crashing this plane. With no survivors!

Remove his bottom two ribs to suck his own dick

I'm surprised it took this long.

kys

I love making my own lore for big monsters like that. Having a kaiju in the MM sure is helpful.

off yourself

Reclaiming divinity for the demons by washing they're souls in the blood of the Gods.

Becoming the Bahamut/Tiamat of the Crystal Dragons. He's going to use the powers of 10 godlings and the last surviving dragon eggs to do it, which will make him basically unstoppable in our setting.

>Graz'zt and Asmodeus have created a temporary truce of the Blood War
>now shit can get done
>Graz'zt gains increasing influence through cults and followers in the Prime Material.
>Eventually inserts an agent into the leadership of waterdeep
>Through mass sacrifice of humanoids in the city opens a rift into the Prime Material from his layers of the Abyss
>Now wages war on Faerun with humanoids and gods alike

It's my first campaign, any suggestions?

Revenge against an old friend

He lives in a world where everything is art. He's come to possess a virulent hatred of art and how the artists of the land have wasted its resources. With the sheer amount of invention, innovation and creativity everyone possesses, he argues that they could have been building spaceships and exploring the stars by now. He's a practical man in a not-so-practical world and it's driven him to the point where he's going to kill every single last artist if he has to.

It would be hilarious if the mods wordfiltered villain into BBEG

Somebody paid for a commission and didn't get it because the artist took the money and ran.

The BBEG is an extradimensional being who wants to create a perfect kingdom to be ruled by himself, down to the smallest button on every citizen's shirt. The problem is he attained immortality through linking his existence to this universe's eternal soul (Think Kingdom Hearts), and the party has to either find a way to break that bond and kill him forever, or destroy his physical body and trap his mind in a place where it can't influence anyone on the physical plane.

>Step 1: Kill father, become countess
>Step 2: Use ancient familial claims to reclaim the Friedhof duchy
>Step 3: Continue to expand, avoiding drawing the eye of the Emperor for as long as possible
>Step 4: Declare herself Queen, independent from the Emperor
>Step 5: Beat Emperor, establish independence
>Step 6: Eat Holy Aeronetian Empire, nearby orcish kingdom of Tei Fei, and possibly some of Karne if their Empress is looking the other way (probably the next time she fights a dwarvish/elvish alliance)
>Step 7: Begin world conquest using massive Imperial armies
>Step 8: Kill poop, become poopess.
>Step 9: Establish herself as the second coming
>Step 10: Conquer EVERYONE
>Step 11: ???

She doesn't really have any serious plans beyond all that. Also, the major problem is that it depends on making the Emperor look the other way the whole time but the Emperor is also a duplicitous dicknozzle and sent the PCs in as his personal Paladins on suspicion of a Lich in her court (really, to fuck her day up by being murderhobos, but he doesn't realize there actually is a Lich there. She doesn't either until step 3 or the PCs bring it to her attention. She's very interested in becoming a Lich herself though; easier to conquer.)

Pic related: it's how the Countess looks in her armor. The lich is just an old dude with a spooky spiky goatee and some of those hard caramels he hands out to children.

Ought to throw the players through a loop to figure out the three intersecting plots. Even if they go full murderhobo, they're playing into someones hands.

First one wants to capture a magic boy the party is paid to guard so she can turn him into a superweapon to fight demons with.

Second one is an eldritch monster that wants to eat that same magic boy, because it's convinced that all his power was stolen from it and it plans to get that shit back.

The third guy doesn't really have a plan, he just wants to fuck shit up with his mad max gang and murder anybody he doesn't like (which happens to include the party).

>First one wants to capture a magic boy the party is paid to guard so she can turn him into a superweapon to fight demons with.
What else does she want to do to him

Recreate the million-to-one freak disaster she was born in a billion times and found a civilization of things like herself.

/ss/ of course. What else are magical superweapon boys for?

For real though she's already a creepy fuck, I could play that angle if I wanted to. I'm just not sure if I should.

Probably not, too magical realm-y, and even if it's not your magical realm, your players will think it is

Actually, I had this thought the other day and this thread is as good as any place to share it.

Do you know what villain had the most reasonable, sound, and effective master plan that I've seen in a long while?

Oilycreep.

I rewatched The Smurf and the Magic Flute on Netflix recently to see if it held up.
It did not. It was pretty awful all around.
However, the villain's plan was the hallmark of simplicity and effectiveness.
There was no grandiose scheme, no multi-part plot, no engaging in petty nonsense.
Just a steady gathering of wealth, resources, and power.

>be villain
>hear of a fool finding a magic flute that makes others dance
>steal flute from fool
>use flute to incapacitate others and steal loot
>repeat until you have as much loot as you can transport in a cart yourself
>visit former colleague who is a legitimate, if corrupt and poor, Earl.
>conspire with Earl to use loot to pay for an army of mercenaries to overthrow the king, utilizing your wealth, the Earl's infrastructure and position, and the flute as needed
>be king and continue to marshal wealth and power

Solid plan until the Smurfs made another flute to cancel out the first one.

Restore his three artifacts of power, and be summoned, overthrow the government, and rule the island with his undead horde.

To hold every world record in everything, so his mom will be proud of him.

The unfortunate issue is that every world record he makes, he gains power!

The Death Knight BBEG acts as a tool for the God of Order, Reawakening, and Disease to make the world so shitty and eventually completely extinct that the other main Gods in the panthenon finally give in to restarting the world into one without suffering or pain. The Death Knight spreads undeath and decay throughout the land so that no one will ever have to suffer as he had in their next life. The God of Order, Reawakening, and Disease would be the BBEG but you're not gonna be able to kill a God, dude.

I find no fault with this plan. The other main gods are the real BBEGs for making the world like this to begin with.

Turn literally everyone into lolis

My BBEG basically went insane trying to improve and complete all forms of current magic, while looking at it like a puzzle she couldnt solve she decided the easiest method of solving it is trial and error, so shes basically destroying bits of the trying to somplete this grand magic puzzle that dosnt exist

He is a Incubus who is trying to reshape reality in to a world without objective morality. Solar's aren Lawful Good because they are Solar's, Beholders aren't inherently evil etc. To do that the current world has gotta go. Its a very Planescape heavy setting which is new for my group.

I have him as a simple Succubus/Incubus that has warlock pact with a GOO and is basically play grand manipulator with him toying with lower, Upper, Sigil, etc in an attempt to instill enough chaos/entropy to force a universal reset from the powers that be.

I also want to show that even at this biblical scales a simple low tier fiend can still be an integral piece.

I am refluffing a ton of shit making the party all low lvl (5) seem like bad ass heroes already. The lvl curve is smoother and I dont have to deal with near max lvl characters the whole time. I never had good experience with high lvl stuff, but I want to try that dumb blockbuster plane trotting thing at least once.

It's...complicated. Especially since I kinda simplified the overall plot for the sake of posting about it.

The villain himself has "Successfully" transplanted his own soul several times - meaning he's not actually the original guy who came up with this plan, but the Nth iteration of a line of brainwashed descendants throughout history who've been carrying the plan forward. He actually became aware, at some point, that he's a copy, but he's made peace with that concluding "If a copy's indistinguishable from the original, then it's just as good." This is also why he feels no remorse over the people who have to die to make his plan work: a version of them lives on, what's more forever, so it's a net gain. He himself has killed himself multiple times, so he's right there with them.

Regarding the flaw in the vessels, I'm still brainstorming that one out, but I'm tempted to go down the route of the Master from Fallout, where if the players can genuinely convince him his plan is flawed - not on moral grounds, but practical ones - he might have a change of heart and sabotage his own schemes.

Most of the other gods are much more benevolent, but they are ultimately flawed and not impervious to making mistakes. The Main Gods were told long ago by the Mother Goddess, whom is now eternally asleep, dormant as the planet the setting takes place on, that the world could be restarted at any time and only then shaped as they truly pleased, but not without great sacrifice to themselves. What the Main Gods do not know was that this was a lie devised to reassure her children that mistakes were okay to make, partially because the Mother Goddess didn't truly care about the lives of mortals and partially because she was going to tell them of the truth when they had experienced enough.

Mother Goddess fell fatally sick from seeing the God of Craftsmen, Work, and Trade and the Goddess of Humility, Home, and Agriculture, whom were her children,born as twins, and once loved eachother so closely, fighting eachother brutally and without any trace of mercy for six days and nights. On the seventh day, she had vomited a black goo which became the God of Order, Reawakening, and Disease. The Mother Goddess "died" and became the planet mortals now live on on that seventh night, which forced the twin gods to stop their battle out and to make up during their period of mourning, but she never got to teach her children of the truth.

Use time travel to go back and kill a stupid kid, regain an empire, and destroy his enemies.

My players are the BBEG, and their goal is to take down the good king's court and replace it with their own, evil demon court thingy.

Basically they just wanna rule the world

Pirates will pirate, robbers will rob & crooks will crook.
However, now that the former planetary heavyweights, the Guardians, have left the world of capes behind, there has been a slow emergence of new supervillains across the Pacific, their metaphorical former doorstep.
Most of the new supervillains are simply trying to make a quick fortune so far, or testing their luck against the newbie heroes.
There is, however, a well funded and highly trained paramilitary organisation who have come to clash a few times.Their aims and goals seem unknown so far but they do have vested interests in seeing independance for all the isles of the Pacific. Also in weapon smuggling, lots of weapon smuggling.

>quads
He's a saint!

Crashing this plane.... With no survivors!

To eat the world

The Cult of the Meta:
The cult leader is a 24-year-old woman who has been convinced through a series of bizarre coincidences verging on miraculous that she is the ally of an extradimensional force known as the Meta, which is basically the Demiurge.
She has reason to believe that the Meta is capable of doing anything, above and beyond the limits of other gods, and the source of ultimate knowledge/power/etc is communicating with the Meta and learning its secrets.
This is where the PCs come in. They are, she thinks, connected to the Meta, and so her goal is to determine why and how she can effectively become a PC as well.

bbeg doesn't mean villain
it means primary antagonist.

(Hellsing Campain) He will be Jesus and will bring down angels to wipe the earth and start anew

He forgot it. But he sure hates the fuckers beyond the mountians that don't kneel to him. Lichdom didn't help him to cure that tremendous ego of his.

He wants to kill the living gods that betrayed him and his brother (not by blood) ages ago, return their stolen divinity to the Aspect they subjugated and stole it from, and then use the Aspect himself to unite everyone under his rule by placing them into an idyllic dream world of his making.

It turns out that magical girl wishes are not from a source of infinite power, and the oldest wish is undone every time a new one is done.

Some wishes, like wishing for wealth, require no lingering magic energy to maintain, and will not disappear. However, wishing for immortality requires lingering magic that is subject to being severed if more wishes are granted. So there's basically a society of magical girl immortals who try to snuff out new magical girls before they can earn their wishes.

>vaguely Gundam-ish mecha setting
>humans have colonized space using ancient ayylmao technology allowing travel between stars
>no one actually knows where the aliens went to or if they even still exist
>the Earth government is about to gain total control over the colonies and crush the rebels
>crazy black ops guy defects from Earth and joins the rebel side, helps them stand a fighting chance against Earth
>black ops man does this solely to prolong the war and ultimately create a state of perpetual conflict between Earth and the colonies so that man will continue developing new weapons and becoming stronger
>all of this so that when the aliens ultimately come back and are pissed about humans using their lost tech, humanity will be able to fight them off
>there's not actually any evidence of the aliens returning or actually wanting to exterminate humanity, but black ops man isn't willing to take any chances and will sacrifice as many lives as it takes to prepare humanity for first contact

He's effectively immortal, and his immortality came with a prophetic ability to see the future - he saw that without some kind of Intervention, Humanity would destroy itself, one way or another. He knows the shining path to the Salvation of Mankind but it is not a path everyone is willing to accept, so he forced his will on everyone like your typical BBEG.

The ultimate goal: Survival of the Human race
What the BBEG has done to achieve it so far:

1. Taken control of the only fuel source enabling interstellar travel. He now has a monopoly on it, which has made him incredibly wealthy, and simultaneously weakened every one of his enemies; mostly the old nobility in the feudalist system he upset.
2. Created a religion with himself as the godhead.
3. Created a religious peace-force similar to the Sister of Battle (female only), to police his subjects.

The BBEG is effectively Emperor of a humanity that despises him.

Nobody knows how, exactly, he plans to save humanity - actually the vast majority don't even know he wants this, they know him only as a Tyrant. The factions and houses that survive struggle greatly in their opposition to an immortal who can see the future - and every possible conspiracy they come up with to depose him. They work feverishly in oblique directions - trying to eliminate his monopoly on space travel, and trying to shield themselves from his prescient ability. Any direct attempts at assassination have been utterly disastrous, and military confrontation is out of the question while he control the only source of interstellar fuel.

It is some weird abomination from outside of known existence, pretty much a meta-entity that purely exists to devour universes. It doesn't really have much of a motive outside of its designed purpose and entertaining itself.

The only real chance the players have to deal with it is by making its 'defeat' more entertaining than it destroying everything. Or by somehow escaping, since it takes a while to play with its food.

To escape the world he has found himself on.

Because this world is something of an Aether-trap, things fall in but cannot leave.

It is such because it is a world created to contain an all-consuming force of nature, essentially staving off the destruction of the multiverse.

Ultimately, the gods were wrong in shackling this force, as it resets universes to their zero-state, allowing them to regrow from their ultimate destruction. But, this would interrupt their carefully tended worlds as well.

Step one : conquer the world
Step two : offer said world to Tiamat
Step three : recieve divine favour
Step four : ???
Step five : kind of profit I guess

Step four: fuck that draconic pussy

I can't imagine nor want to know what they'd be wanting to do with those five heads.
Oh god

Five loving kisses all over your body in great variation all at once in a swirling storm of passion
One giving oral, two sucking nipples, one rimming, one kissing deeply
All of them climaxing simultaneously

>Gee, Lich, what do you want to do tonight?
>The same as every night, Spooky, try to take over the World!

They're spooky and the Lich
Spooky and the Lich
One is a genious
The other's a bitch
They're lively but undead
Their faces causes dread
They're spoopy
They're Spooky and the
Lich, Lich, Lich, Lich,
Lich, Lich, Lich, Lich
Lich

I love liches and would watch this enthusiastically.

A sorcerer who has discovered nuclear power and is researching it under the directive of his kingdom. He's secretly building a nuke so that he can either blackmail the kingdom into letting him marry the princess and become king OR just offer them said bomb to achieve the same goal depending on how the campaign pans out. He's currently funded by said kingdom and treats science and technology as just another branch of magic. The Heroes are mercs from another kingdom whose spies have been alerted to said research and have been tasked to prevent the completion of the nuke, preferably via theft of blueprints and research materials and death of the sorcerer.

End existence. I like the classics.

Survival of the last human.
Anything and everything is completely secondary to this single objective.
Factories have shut down, whole vast sections of The City have fallen into disrepair as everything is diverted into construction of the Pinnacle and the surrounding zoo. The very establishment that'll house, nurture and with luck and time, birth, future humans from the lone individual that was found deep in storage.

The party, nor players, don't know this though. All they see is another corrupt A.I that's building it's own ivory tower in exclusion to the robots it should lead and serve.

Engine Heart is a fun game.

Become Immortal.

He knows the macguffin is somehow linked to the royal family history so he's working towards becoming the regent. He assumes its buried in the royal palace (it isn't). Meanwhile he's consolidating power through several aliases crime boss/wizard/friendly npc.

He's also the half bastard brother of the current king living a relatively normal life, the few people that know this are either dead or going to be.

user he’s evil

Long ago the was a BBEG of immense power who a brave hero rose up to stop. Unfortunately, he was not able to destroy the evil being, but was able to use a spell to take over it's mind. However, the spell has begun to wear off as the ages have passed, so now the old hero, in the villain's body, is causing small acts of devastation suck as burning down small villages, taking prisoners, and making himself seem like a major threat to everyone, all in the hopes that he will inspire a hero powerful enough to destroy the body of the beast to rise up and finish the job he started many ages ago.

>villain
ugh

Plunge the world into darkness, incite pain and suffering among the populace, all for the singular purpose of steeling the hearts of men and creating a people strong enough to beat the worst he has to throw at them, thereby making the world a stronger, better place than it was before. Somehow.

Fulfill the prophecy that says he will save the world. Too bad the prophecy is fake and he's just a sociopath with delusions of grandeur.

There's also the other guy that wants to learn how the universe was created by ending it and starting over but he isn't really important at this point in the story.

What are the other Demon lords doing while this is going on? I can see that the forces of Hell would bend to Asmodeus but not all demons answer to Graz'zt right? Are they taking advantage of the situation in some way?

One is a druid that is trying to revive the rotting corpse of his god-tree and resume the war on civilization
Two is a cabal of undead that seek to abuse this and turn the god-tree into an undead being to create their own utopia
Three is a friendly druid that guides the party. He has a similar aim to Nr. 1, but instead of reviving the tree, he plans to mutate it into something more sinister.

Main antagonist is Baphomet, who gave warlock powers to over a dozen individuals who he deemed ambitious and chaotic enough to fit his purposes (including one of the PCs). The plan is to let these warlocks become as strong as they can by overcoming both their own challenges and by inevitably clashing with each other. Once one warlock has reached the full limits of his power and/or outlasted all the others, Baphomet will name him his champion and have the dude fight by his side as a powerful demon in the Abyss.

Not only does this whole plan give Baphomet a significant foothold in the material plane via spreading his will of chaos and savagery, but having new incredibly powerful lieutenant leading his armies will give him an edge in his war against the forces of Graz'zt.

A legendary dragon has split personality. The good half wants to purge the evil half. The evil half wants to do the same, and raise its dormant babies to be evil. The heroes come in to the story just as the good dragon's hold on the evil personality falters and the dragon goes on an ass-kicking kaiju spree to subjugate the island nation.

He's trying to re-assemble the gargantuan onyx mirror that made up his body so that he may physically manifest and fuck everything up.

>BBEG

*cringe*

Totally-not-Thanos.

Slay the Gods, slay the Fates, defeat the Subhuman Races, leaving humanity to decide its own destiny... With him as their leader of course.

So, it literally depends on your opinion on whether or not a copy of your mind counts as you (plus the big flaw). I don't think he's in the wrong much. Sure, it's wrong to do this against peoples will, and it's also wrong to not fully know about all of this (and miss the Big Flaw), but he means well, and I think he's perfectly capable of being reasoned away from his current view.

There are a couple other flies in the ointment as well, but yeah, my hope was to write a villain whose goals are altruistically motivated in his own mind, but whose schematic shortcomings and other errors (like the company he keeps) means things fall apart.

The flaw in question is that the vessels he's prepared...well, they're truly immortal. And self-sufficient. They don't need to eat or sleep or drink or anything, really. But just because the bodies don't need to doesn't mean the souls written into them understand that. After awhile, symptoms akin to psychological starvation and sleep deprivation set in, and the vessels eventually go loopy, then crazy. The party's been traveling with a magical item that's actually an artificial soul the villain created (they don't know this yet), and it's slowly started showing symptoms of madness.

Other flaws include not being able to save everybody - he's only prepared so many vessels, after all - and the existing vessels actually having mild personalities of their own that accidentally developed (they don't go crazy because they were created this way, so they're used to it). Of course, since he made them, he doesn't consider them fully functional human beings, and sees no issue overwriting their primitive senses of self with "Real" human consciousness.

It's a fantasy campaign but I've been going for a Fallout/Blade Runner-style philosophical dilemma. The villain is a cold man, but rational, but some of his followers are more zealous. Even if the party convinces him to shut down his own project, which he can do, you can bet his inner circle will have opinions on this.

Just say hero pushed too far by a corrupt and insane system that rewards evil and grinds everyone else to dust.

To kill Lorgar, or something.
>Long-ass Dark Heresy campaign dealing with a cell of Alpha legionaires
>Finally confront the single marine behind the entire Hive's insanity, known as Scylla
>Turns out, he was orchestrating our meeting with his cohort, the Graveyard Echo, a necron Overlord while also subverting the plans of some crazy-ass Dark Apostle
>Entire world is actually a necron tomb world, who throughout the campaign, has been preparing for a balls-out push into the warp, right under our noses.
Everyone, including our Inquisitor, is really fucking confused right now, what started out as a communications blackout turned into some strange, cross-faction effort to pierce the Eye of Terror and establish a stable foothold in the warp.

Most likely the players will have the option later on to receive aid from the likes of Orcus and Demogorgan since they would directly oppose this

Assemble the 7 fragmented shards of the fallen gods first and ascend to the pantheon

Is addicted to a delicious confection, but the ingredient to bake it is rare.

>BBEG

Ugh.

There is no plan. He's a small time villain who bit off more than he could chew and realized he couldn't back out.

That would be difficult to differentiate from due to the fact that "evil" is inside of BBEG.

Which is a word, to be sure, that implies "moral wickedness", versus being villainous, which is more like "being criminal".