/SSSS/ Stand Still, Stay Silent General

Sweet Dreams Edition

>What is SSSS?
Stand Still. Stay Silent" is a post apocalyptic webcomic with elements from Nordic mythology, set 90 years in the future. It's mostly a story about friendship and exploring a forgotten world, with some horror, monsters and magic on the side. The comic also updates 4 times a week, on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. This General is for people to come together and discuss the comic, all whilst developing systems for games set in the world, as well as original content.

>The Comic
sssscomic.com

>Previous Thread
>Vikingr, the currently in-development TTRPG set in the world of SSSS
github.com/GunmetalStuG/Vikingr

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/GunmetalStuG/Vikingr/blob/master/Vikingr Core Rulebook Draft 10.pdf
hummingfluff.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lalli is cute. Cute!

So, I managed to make some decent progress this week for Vikingr. Character Creation needs a few more tweaks before it's done, but you should be able to build your characters properly now.

Changelog:

CORE RULEBOOK

Added a sexy recycled paper texture.
Increased Skill Ranks for character creation to 20.
Clarified ‘negative skill values’ rules.
Added more Negative and Mixed Qualities.
Added ‘Command’ Tactic.
Changed ‘Mannaz’ rune to a healing spell.
Fixed Odal rune description.
Eliminated cooldown mechanic for Seiður.
Added Galdrastafur Section for Seiður.
Added Matrices Section for Seiður.
Added list of Weapon Special Qualities.
Added More Melee Weapons.
Changed ‘Clubs’ to ‘Blunt Weapons’ (ON AN OPEN FIEEEEEEEEELD)
Added some Melee Weapon Tables.
Added some preliminary Armor patterns.

GAME MASTER’S HANDBOOK

No updates.

Link to the latest version: github.com/GunmetalStuG/Vikingr/blob/master/Vikingr Core Rulebook Draft 10.pdf

Pretty good so far user. Things are truly shaping up.

Why is there a general for a webcomic on Veeky Forums?

No quests!

Read the OP!

VIkingr guy, I did a small playtest with 2 people today, I'll write up what thoughts on sunday.

Alright, I'm excited to hear your thoughts. Playtesting feedback is insanely valuable.

Bump

Thanks!

Hope to have some more Monster stuff out in the next edition of the Game Master's Handbook next week.

Minna posted the Chapter 18 cover yesterday. I'm pretty hyped.

Three venture out. Only one shall survive however, as the hordes of the Dark close in fast.

Man, Minna has definitely improved when it comes to drawing her characters. Sigrun looks distinctly more feminine, while Reynir actually looks like a dude now.

>that pic

Bump.

Everything is gay when it comes to Lalli and Emil. They're basically a canon couple at this point.

Bump again.

I too shall provide the Bumps.

Oh fuck, completely forgot to post the latest version of the Game Master's Handbook for those that don't have it.

Just scrolled through it. It's definitely coming along nicely, I must say. Wonder if Ghosts will get their own separate Creature category though.

Do you plan to add artifact weapons that can only be found in the forgotten world?

Yeah, those are going to be covered in the Game Master's Handbook. Most of the artifact weapons will be British, German and American standbys, such as the M4, M249, L8A5, G36s, etc. Any viking Expedition that makes it to an old H&K manufactuary will be very lucky indeed...

So is your work ethic on par with Minna's or something?

I've been unemployed for a while now, but I have a new job that starts tomorrow, meaning productivity will be down quite a bit.

Hey, to the user who playtested Vikingr, are you writing your thoughts up? Would like to see if I can address any issues in time for the next version.

Yeah, give me a minute, day has been kinda hectic and my notes are not the best, I'll have them up soon in no particular order

Ok let's go:
Mage vs Military Mage background seemed unbalanced, there was really never any reason to pick Mage over the military one since magic is never a viable primary attack mode. Giving a little something to the mage like medicine or knowledge would maybe help.

The Recluse Quality just seems bad, since it'll make people not want to roleplay and play with the group since their lonewolvenness is literally in the rules.

Starting number of Runo's is missing but this is playtest material so I went with 2.

Addiction should be changed from "drug" to "substance" since how many drugs can realistically survive the apocalypse and be grown in the Nordics.

Do you get defending rolls on magic attacks?

More text on movement rules, again this is playtest though.

Prices for food and ammo and starting kronor would be nice, since it's very hard to estimate all of this.

Maybe something to stop magic spamming, especially at the later level Finnish Mages can from a safe point cast Salama repeatedly.

Machine guns seem to only have semi-auto fire modes, so a quality for auto-fire would make them more distinct.

Weapon damages seemed to be the big thing missing.

Move the weapons table before the descriptions, so it's easier to look up.

Does the luonto stunning wound stun you instantly or does it work like other stunning wounds.

Also maybe add some examples of the wound system since, at least to my group who have never played a system with them, the mental and stunning wound explanations were a little cryptid.

Awesome, thanks so much for this. I'll begin tackling all this stuff immediately.

>H&K
Wonder if they'll find the legendary No Case, the last of Germanic astral magician artifacts.

Just read through everything currently done up until now.

I'm glad seeing this thread made me bite the bullet and do it. Shit's good.

With the negative qualities, it seems like Melancholic is just a nicer version of Neurotic. So it makes sense for everyone to go for it unless they want to stack both for more points.

One fix could be to make the four temperaments (Melancholic, Sanguine, Choleric, Phlegmatic) into mixed qualities.

Reynir's family are fucking hardcore. Though I doubt any of them had to deal with an eldritch murder-ghost Horse thing and its hordes of eldritch darkness, so I guess that's a plus for Reynir.

Hey, that's a great idea, I'll look into it. I'll look at Melancholic vs. Neurotic too.

You are referring of course to their gun filled with miracles?

There is game being worked on user.
It is totally legit, just like tes generals due to their rpg game

Gonna bump with some churches

No my friend.

Although Catholicism is top tier of religious aesthetics(orthodoxy is second, protestant is for fags and poorfags) it is not a focus of the setting.
Plus pictures could not really show the true beauty of real catholic cathedral as so many details and illusions are lost in flat 2d

And I say this knowing that best girl(male) may be christian prophet that will lead his people to true salvation.

Forgetting best church.

>Forgetting the most best church

I know. I've been reading this comic from the start. I get it.

Also I agree with you about reynir. He is most definitely heavily inspired by Christianity. Dude gives of a vibe of Christ. Of course minna's 'fandom' will always tell you he's not but they are known for their collective autism.

also my biggest critique is that pagans should have built giant places of worship with tons of art/sculptures in order to show the glory of the gods.

So how much of the settings history were you going to end up including? Just for people that haven't read/aren't interested in the comic but still want to play with the setting/rules?

Also have you mentioned this to Mina yet?

As far as I know, Minna does not know yet.
She is though making her own RPG based on a sci-fi version of the SSSS world and characters.
hummingfluff.com/

It's a card-based JRPG, from what I've been able to gather. Weird that she decided to completely switch settings but keep all the characters.

Least the art is predictably good.