First alien encounter humanity has

>First alien encounter humanity has
>Nomadic fleet passing through their system very quickly
>Doesn't acknowledge any form of communication
>Doesn't try to communicate
>Any attempts to block the fleet or enter in their flight path is met with very quick destruction of the offending object

>Nobody knows where they came from
>Nobody knows where they're going
>Nobody ever will

>Hundreds of years from now, people will still be wondering "Where did they come from? Where did they go?"
>"Where did you come from Cotton-Eye Joe?"

Why would they pass through a solar system then? It seems like an unnecessary risk in exposure to material and radiation.

Gravitational slingshot?

nobody knows you fucking mouth breather it’s right in the op

If they're powerful enough to destroy anything we put in front of them, surely they're not that lazy.

So then why have a thread?

On your first question, no that is not how gravitational slingshots work. They are always more efficient no matter how powerful you are. Though the Op seems to be describing the Stellaris setting where all forms of FTL only get you to and from stars.

For your next question, clearly it's not about why they pit stopped at a star but about the fact that we don't know why they are doing what they are doing and you're kind of dumb.

So what then? I could just as easily make a waste of a thread about a plastic bag on my lawn: nobody knows why its there, where it came from, or where its going. So spooky!

>skeletons are aliens

I knew it

What's the point of this little thing?

spooky setting bread

What so spooky, it's just a bunch of aliens being passive agressive dick bags

Why are they running user?

reminds me of the Volcryn in Nightflyers.
>a semi sentient being is travelling outwards from the galactic core at sublight speeds for millenia
>it‘s crystaline in nature and hundreds of kilometres in size
>propelled by telekinesis

They're skeletons. Skeletons just run, man. It's a fact of (un)life.

>Alien fleet moves through the solar system slingshotting around planets and out of the system faster than they came in
>A month later a single ship of completely different design flies directly through the system in the same direction at an incredibly fast speed
>Humanity is in a very primitive space age and can only observe
>None of the ships attempt to communicate with them

It'd be really interesting to see what humanity would do, alien life is proven and it just completely ignores humanity. What would most people assume from this? Would they design and send a probe after them, to see what's happening?

One probe in the direction they went, another in the direction they came from.

I thought the point was that nobody knew, and that anybody who asked is an asshole.

Ice mining for reaction mass.

I'd probably use that along with a cursory bit of communication to purchase a comet or two and the momentum of a few planets in exchange for some strange technological trinkets.

>The Reverend D'Zar Memorial Space Highway has been authorized to be built through the Elohim Human Preserve despite protests

Exactly what I thought of.

Oh yes, mysterious alien vessel seemingly just passing by for no reason, very original.

They might be angels.

Are they on Mr Bones Intergalactic Ride?

I feel like humanity would completely sperg out, get super mad that we aren't considered space big boys and advance a heap technologically until we can show those fukken intergalactic chads with a space columbine.

>death star in the shape of a middle finger speeds towards the fucks that snubbed us
>pass by a primitive planet during the search, no time for talk
>eventually notice a ship following us
>they did the same thing
>so did the ships we're chasing
>we've joined a conga line of petty rage

I'd watch/play/live it

Beautifully cyclic

Pottery